Profile for Angie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Angie RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Thrift T-100 Alkaline Based  1-Pound Granular Drain Cleaner
Thrift T-100 Alkaline Based 1-Pound Granular Drain Cleaner
Price: $12.57
8 used & new from $8.46

3.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS BUT IT'S HIGHLY TOXIC, July 28, 2014
It works. It cleared my central A/C condensation drain in about 5 minutes. But this stuff is highly toxic (google its ingredient), and it will damage metal especially aluminum. I wore a goggle, rubber gloves and mask, but I accidently got some of it on my hand while cleaning up and it burned! My skin turned red. I freaked out and rinsed with a lot of water. The cloth that I used to wipe the surface was damaged too! How scary! Now I am panic because the fluid was everywhere inside my A/C unit and it's hard to rinse. Yes, my A/C's drain pan the the surface around it is aluminum, and yes, I took a risk although the instruction says no contact with aluminum. I hope it won't EAT the metal over time. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Next time I am going to try something natural, such as baking soda + vinegar + hot water.

Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling, 1.7-fluid Ounce (Pack of 2)
Vivo Per Lei Facial Peeling, 1.7-fluid Ounce (Pack of 2)
Offered by Best Deals2013
Price: $14.60
15 used & new from $12.20

1.0 out of 5 stars FAKE product, June 5, 2014
I had never tried the Vivo Per Lei brand of facial peeling before, but I have tried another expensive brand of similar diamond facial peeling gel (Forever Flawless), I was expecting this Vivo Per Lei product I ordered from amazon would work the same, but instead, I received a fake product.

I have to admit that the price here is the main reason that attracted me to buy. I received it in about 10 days. The packaging looks very nice, and I was excited to try it. I washed my face and applied a thin layer of the gel, after rubbing for a few seconds I saw some white balls that looked like "dead skin" forming on my face -- this is similar to when I used the other expensive brand. With the real product, or any exfoliation even a cheap $5 scrub from a drug store, you should feel a smoother and softer texture instantly after you wash off the product. The result is even better when I used the other expensive diamond facial exfoliating gel. But when I washed off this Vivo Per Lei gel from my face, my skin was covered with a film of heavy residue. I had to wash my face again with facial soap. At this point not only my skin didn't feel any smoother or softer, it became dryer. This is when I became very suspicious of this product. I tested it on my forearm, and examined a few pieces of the "dead skin" balls -- The color is too white compared to the dead skin I saw when I used the other brand, and it felt very sticky just like glue! Indeed some of it stick on the fine hair on my forearm and I had to pull to clean it. They must have used some chemical to create the fake dead skin! I will not put this on my face again and will return it right away.

Since this purchase was fulfilled by Amazon, I didn't expect to receive fake products. This is a very disappointing experience.

Borghese Fango Active Mud Face and Body 17.6 oz.
Borghese Fango Active Mud Face and Body 17.6 oz.
Price: $54.17
3 used & new from $44.59

3.0 out of 5 stars The mask is nice but I think I received a used jar, June 2, 2014
The mask itself is nice, it helped to remove the oil and dirt from my pores and make them appear smaller. The price is attractive compared to regular retail. However, the jar that I received from this seller (fragrancenet) appears to be slightly used -- when I removed the round plastic sheet that was sitting on top of the mud, I could see a big dent in the mud that looked like someone had used their finger to get the mud out. This might be a returned product, or it was tested by someone. I took out two stars because of this.

Ovente FPT34B French Press Drip Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Ovente FPT34B French Press Drip Coffee Maker, 34-Ounce, Black
Offered by Supersaver
Price: $24.99
19 used & new from $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, January 21, 2014
This is my first french press so I have no comparison. I have a electric coffee maker at home and I use this at work for convenience. I've used it twice only -- once to make coffee and another time to make herbal tea, and both times it worked as expected. The filter fits the glass tight enough to filter out 99% of the ground coffee -- I did find a bit of dark residue on the bottom of my coffee cup after it sat on my desk for a while, but it's not a big deal to me. This french press is perfect for tea or herbal tea -- I placed a few dried chrysanthemum flowers in the glass cup, added hot water, and pressed down the filter. A few minutes later the tea is ready! No flowing flower petals, just perfect. I used to make this tea using my regular tea pot and the petals were everywhere.

I got this french press at a lower price somewhere else. I am happy with it so far. I just hope it lasts.

OKAMOTO Crown 60-Count Pack
OKAMOTO Crown 60-Count Pack
Offered by Chubby Dick Emporium
Price: $78.98
6 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, December 4, 2013
It's the best one among all.The difference between this and other brands is noticeable especially to men. Very good value!

Okamoto Condom Sampler Pack, 60-Count
Okamoto Condom Sampler Pack, 60-Count
Offered by Green Web Inc
Price: $8.19
4 used & new from $6.93

5.0 out of 5 stars good, December 4, 2013
The stud one wasn't comfortable. The color ones seems to be a bit thicker than the regular. Aloe is very moisturizing, good for someone that's dry but maybe too much for others. The regular one is good as usual. Overall good quality and good value.

iLuv iHP614BLU Sweet Cotton High Fidelity Stereo Heaphones with Speak EZ Remote for Smartphones - Wired Headsets - Retail Packaging - Blue
Offered by iLuv
Price: $12.50
6 used & new from $12.50

3.0 out of 5 stars too tight, December 4, 2013
looks cute and sound quality is decent, but it it's very tight. The cotton pads pressed firmly on my ears and it starts to hurt after 15 min. or so. btw I have small head. Tried bending the metal but didn't help. It may break if I force too much. Just can't wear it for a long time.

Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 16 Ounces
Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, 16 Ounces
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $35.00
20 used & new from $26.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, August 6, 2013
I have combination skin and I like my cleanser to clean well, leave no residue, and not drying. This cleanser has it all. Before buying I thought it was a cream cleanser that doesn't foam up, and worried it doesn't clean well. After using it I am impressed how well it cleans yet doesn't dry my skin. The scent isn't the best (smells like lavender and some kind of chemical).

The price may seem a little high compared to drug store cleansers, but the bottle lasts a long time so it's in deed a good value. I use it in the morning only (use different cleanser at night) and a dime size does the job. My 8 oz bottle lasts more than 5 months.

eForCity® TPU Rubber Skin Case Compatible with HTC EVO 3D, Frost Black S Shape
eForCity® TPU Rubber Skin Case Compatible with HTC EVO 3D, Frost Black S Shape
Offered by Boho Tronics (Proudly Ships From the USA)
Price: $5.13
2 used & new from $2.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, July 9, 2013
Ordered it on 6/21, received it on 7/8. Shipped directly from China. I was a bit skeptical about its quality due to the low price, but after receiving it I was surprised how well made it is. It's made of good quality rubber, soft enough to be flexible, yet hard enough to protect and last.

Pros:

- low price, obviously

- Anti-slip textured surface on left and right sides

- the case wraps around the 3-D lenses and microphone/speaker nicely and precisely. Tested the camera and flash, and both work perfectly. No interference.

- attractive design. the back of the case is half glossy black, half grey matte finish rubber

- not bulky at all. fits the phone perfectly and stays in place. Some reviewers said the case is too tight and the phone's back cover comes off when you remove the case. This is how I do it and it's very easy: start from one side about an inch from the corner, peel it away from the phone and work toward the corner, when you get to the corner make sure you peel the rubber far back enough to reveal the phone's corner. Do it one corner at a time and the case comes right off. If you try to peel off more than 1 corner at a time, there won't be enough space to stretch and the phone's back cover will get stuck with the rubber case and comes off with it.

Cons:

- not sure if it's because I have small fingers or what, the power button is a bit hard to turn on with the rubber case. I need to use a bit more pressure.

- since the case fits the phone tightly, it doesn't provide much cushion especially at the 4 corners. I don't see how it can provide much protection if you drop your phone. It works very well for anti-scratching though.

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation Translucent Medium #7071
Physicians Formula Healthy Wear Powder Foundation Translucent Medium #7071
Offered by TREASURE HUNT
Price: $15.99
5 used & new from $15.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good as a sunscreen, not so much as powder foundation, July 1, 2013
I really like that it has SPF 50 mineral sunscreen (I don't like chemical sunscreen). I am not one that wears foundation every day but if I do, I want to use something that works as both sunscreen and makeup touch up during the day -- you know, applying lotion sunscreen on top of your makeup is a mess.

I've bought it twice, while I am happy about its SPF, I am not so fond about how it works as a powder foundation. I have combination skin, not particularly dry or oily. I usually wear this powder on top of moisturizer and BB cream, but despite this much moisture the powder still kind of look cakey and dry on my face. It makes my skin texture look rough and uneven. I switched to different types of sponges and tried to blend well, but still can't get that silky natural look. I am not sure if I'd purchase this again, especially when I've found a good alternative -- Physicians Formula Mineral Wear - Mineral Airbrushing Pressed Powder SPF 30. It has similar mineral sunscreen ingredients, but with a softer and silkier texture.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3