Profile for Blueeagle > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Blueeagle RSS Feed (Central, South Carolina)

Lords of the Realm 3 - PC
Lords of the Realm 3 - PC
Offered by Bargain Buyers Software
Price: $39.95
19 used & new from $3.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible Game sequel, July 31, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Lords of the Realm 3 - PC (CD-ROM)
This is one for the gaming history books. This is one of the worst games ever made. When I bought this game a few years ago, I was so excited seeing that I have played Lords of the Realm II since about 1997 and is such a super great game. When I first installed and ran this game, I could not believe how different of a game this was. I looked nothing like Lords of the realm, and was one of the worst games I have ever played. I played this game for about 3 hours, and then uninstalled it from my computer and threw it into an old storage room. And I have never touched it since. If I could have returned it I would have with haste. Like a lot of reviewers have said here, save your money and avoid this piece of garbage. You will be glad you did. I wasted my money on this joke of a game; and I hope you don't. Thanks.

Sid Meier's Civilization V - PC
Sid Meier's Civilization V - PC
Offered by games_for_sale
Price: $9.99
70 used & new from $1.57

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT civilization, June 20, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This game is a joke compared to the other civilization games. If your are new to this series you may like the game, not withstanding all the flawes and bugs of coarse. An accurate description of this game would be civilization for dummies. This is like a shell of what it used to be. This game is not worth your money or your time. And the fact that one must be connected to the internet to play through steam each and every time, sucks, and is a slap in the face to everyone who spends their hard earned money on this software.

In summary, do yourself a favor and stay away from this garbage. The gameplay and mechanics stinks, it is very buggy, and the steam DRM kills it.

Delta Force: Xtreme 2 - PC
Delta Force: Xtreme 2 - PC
Offered by AbundaTrade!
Price: $5.67
12 used & new from $1.19

1.0 out of 5 stars More DRM Garbage - Avoid this Company, March 23, 2011
Once again,

I find myself warning of another DRM game that is not worth the time.
Do yourself a favor and spend your money on a real company that values
its customers. I have cut my game purchases down by 80% + because of
these stupid companies. They are not going to add malware and spyware
to my computer, and they are not going to force me to only use their
games how, when, and where they want. Screw them. Save yourself the headache
avoid these listed companies and their garbage products. I will find another
hobby to spend my money on.

EA, Ubisoft, and now Novalogic is boycotted by me, my friends, and relatives.
And our numbers are increasing as we spread the word and endure the
abuse and crapp these companies deal out to us.

Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic - PC
Silent Hunter: Battle of the Atlantic - PC
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $8.49
15 used & new from $3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars DRM - In your Face!!!, March 14, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This is a horrible game. And Ubisoft has become a horrible company. One MUST always be connected to internet to play, ALWAYS; and even then one can still have issues and have many crashes. ****DO NOT BUY ****

I have no respect for software companies or any other companies that feel they must treat their paying customers like criminals or garbage. I use to buy a lot of gaming and other software. But now I have greatly curtailed my purchases to nearly zero. Any that I buy from anyone, I do heavy research ahead of time to make sure I am not getting dumped on by Ubisoft or other companies. These companies have become a joke. But the joke is on them, for I will boycott them and spread the word to others. I refuse to buy from the idiots who don't want my money.

So, you are telling me that after I buy a game that you are going to dictate to me how, when, and where I play? Thanks, but no thanks. I will not buy any more of your garbage. Ubisoft, you can keep it, and play it yourself while you are always online.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC
Offered by Green Shopping
Price: $29.99
146 used & new from $12.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Boycott Blizzard, September 18, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Let me first say that I count myself lucky in that I never bought this crappy game. I was able to find out through the gamer grapevine and industry grapevine what a piece of garbage this software was going to be. Then I watched the install and playing of this game on a friend's computer to verify what I've heard, and yes it is true as stated by numerous other reviewers here.

I won't waist my time and yours repeating what has already been said. But yes Blizzard makes you jump through many hoops and then tightens the hoops around your neck. They treat the paying public like criminals who buy their products and who made their company. I have a comment about that, "don't bite the hand that feeds you." The large price for a game that is only 1/3 complete with only the terrain part of the game, and the fact that you have to be connected to the internet to play the game, to get any more maps, and to get your game saves/stats, etc. Also, you can never reset your account it is the same for life unless you pay for another copy of the game, plus you can only play with people in your region, period. And yes, one must be connected to the internet to play the full installed version of the game. If you are not connected the game does not have full features. AND every 4 weeks you must connect to your online account or your game will shut down, and that's for the life of the game. Also, the Blizzard server saves and compiles data and all your stats from the game whether you want it or not; and it stays as part of your account for the life of your game and you can not change or reset it without buying another copy of the game. Also, for small extra online addons here and there you will pay and pay again if you want them.

All this sounds great huh? This is borderline criminal if not criminal. It is apparent that this industry needs to be caught up to modern times with some form of regulation. The consumer needs privacy and protection from this kind of crap. Phone companies can not listen in on your calls just because they made the phone, and car companies can not track you and tell you to drive the car to their home office every month so they can make sure you are doing the right thing with the car.

I think its best to stay away from this game and this company. I will not ever buy anymore of their so called products. And they are now releasing Diablo 3 that will be just like this. Don't make me laugh.

I write this as a warning to those who don't know what this company is doing. Don't waist your money. Save yourself the hassle, the headaches, and the aggravation. Again, I count myself lucky that I did not throw my money down the hole called Blizzard.

Their are plenty of other good things to spend your money on, and avoid this nonsense.

V: The Original TV Miniseries
V: The Original TV Miniseries
DVD ~ Marc Singer
Price: $6.49
151 used & new from $0.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Widescreen?, July 26, 2010
This is a miniseries made for TV movie that aired on TV in the 1980's. The original production format is the standard "square" 1.33:1 ratio. And this sci-fi movie series is very good. But please tell me, because I am confused, how is a movie that that was filmed in the 1.33:1 ratio get released as a widescreen ratio?

This is physically impossible. And the only thing I see that they did was chop off the original top and bottom of the movie frames, and make it appear as though it is widecreen. And with this, we lose some of the original production frame. To me this is stupid. I love and only buy widesreen format films unless the original movie was filmed in the 1.33:1 ratio. And the reason for this is because I want all of the original frame that was filmed by the film maker weither it is 1.33:1 or 2.35:1, etc.

To me this is definitely a deal breaker to chop off some of the original frame to make it look as though it was a widescreen. For this reason, I will not buy this film.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 11, 2010 1:54 AM PST

Love Like Crazy
Love Like Crazy
Price: $8.98
57 used & new from $1.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album from South Carolina, July 8, 2010
This review is from: Love Like Crazy (Audio CD)
Great songs and great album. We know of you from your home gigs here in the midlands of South Carolina, including Sumter from several years ago. Way to go.

Star Trek (Single-Disc Edition)
Star Trek (Single-Disc Edition)
DVD ~ Chris Pine
Price: $8.97
249 used & new from $0.17

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Storyline Garbage, July 6, 2010
I 100% agree, this movie was garbage and I am glad that I did not buy it. This movie was nothing like star trek. The writers came up with their own version of star trek that is as much like star trek as cat is to a a dog. The plot and storyline of this movie was laughable at best. They should have named it something else but not star trek. Here's one little example: kirk is put in charge of the ship's bridge and in a few short minutes goes from being a recruit to being the captain of a ship. That is absurd as captains get to be in their position after many years of military experience at a minimum of ten to twelve years on the low side. That is just a small example.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 24, 2010 8:46 AM PDT

SanDisk Sansa e280 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)
SanDisk Sansa e280 8 GB MP3 Player (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great MP3 player, July 2, 2008
This is a great MP3 player. The sound is great, size is good, and has plenty of memory. I've had mine for about 2 months now and works great. I havn't had no problems. My only complant is that mine came brand new and the screen had some scratches on the left part of it. So it seems that the screen will scratch rather easily. I bought an iclear cover made by griffin for it and it protects it well. I highly recommend it. Overall this is a great Mp3 player. I believe it is better than the ipods. I would buy it again. Another bonus with this player is that the internal battery is replaceable. And with me being a trained electronic professional, that is a must. When did it become standard practice to make new items in which when the battery is dead, the whole item becomes garbage? A replaceable battery is common sense and a must for me. Also, as a footnote: be aware that one must have the windows media player 10 or later to sync songs to this player, and so windows Xp or later is almost a must.