Profile for C. Peyton > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Peyton RSS Feed (Boston, MA)

Page: 1 | 2
South Park Series 4 Action Figure Awesomo Cartman
South Park Series 4 Action Figure Awesomo Cartman
Offered by DVD Dude
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $39.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, May 19, 2013
Bought this for my co-worker and he loved it. Made solid and the perfect size. I need to buy myself one!!!

Old-School Comfort Food: The Way I Learned to Cook
Old-School Comfort Food: The Way I Learned to Cook
by Alex Guarnaschelli
Price: $20.00
83 used & new from $10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., May 19, 2013
Great cookbook. Although I may not cook all of these, I love reading her personal stories and seeing what recipes and ingredients are running around in her head.

Hitless Wonder: A Life in Minor League Rock and Roll
Hitless Wonder: A Life in Minor League Rock and Roll
by Joe Oestreich
Price: $11.67
83 used & new from $4.24

2.0 out of 5 stars The book is okay , BUT ........, March 3, 2013
I live in Columbus and a friend told me I had to read this. I had vaguely heard of Watershed, but only read it because she was insistent. The Good News: the author is a good writer. He was funny at times and did an okay job story telling. At times it was slow and I did have a hard time getting into it.

The Bad News: although I liked the author as an author, I did not like him or other band members as people; therefore it was hard to root for them to succeed. I'm supposed to cheer for the underdog, right? I can't cheer for the guys that push their families (and their finances) into second place because they have to pursue their dreams at all costs. I don't find that heroic. I find it pathetic and delusional. When Joe's wife has a meltdown, he expresses his inner conflict, but in the end still chose the band over her. I was actually disappointed in Kate for not leaving him and standing up for herself. The sad part is these guys (If it hasn't already happened) are going to blink and they are going to realize they don't know their spouses or their children because they were so obsessed with their music. I'm not saying don't be passionate. I'm not saying don't have a dream. However, if that passion is put before your family then your priorities are out of wack. I closed the book more annoyed and disappointed in the band members. This is why I gave it 2 stars instead of 3. I don't enjoy reading about people who do that to their loved ones and still try to spin the book like they are cool old rockers who never give up.

I Am Legend
I Am Legend
by Richard Matheson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
3 used & new from $8.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Will Smith is no Robert Neville!!!, May 1, 2011
Unfortunately, I did not know there was even a short story called I Am Legend before I saw the movie. I thought the movie was so-so, but now that I have read Matheson's awesome story, I hate the movie for not staying true to the book and missing the mark. Shame on you, Hollywood. This story is intense, gripping, and unique. The main character, Robert Neville, is a likable character who I became invested in quickly. My only semi-complaint is that the scientific talk went over my head, but I didn't feel like it made me appreciate the story less. I love Matheson's take on the vampires and the imagine of "Neville, come out!" was absolutely haunting. It had good twists and I loved the ending. It seems like in today's society every vampire story(or scary movie)is pretty much all the same. Originality is hard to come by these days. It's interesting that a story written in the 50's is more fresh and solid that anything I've read (or seen) in quite awhile. Bravo Matheson!

The Pacific
The Pacific
DVD ~ Joseph Mazzello
Price: $26.96
29 used & new from $21.36

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Just Falls A Little Short, April 28, 2011
This review is from: The Pacific (DVD)
Everyone always compares The Pacific to Band of Brothers and it's hard not to because BOB was almost perfect. Although this series does not measure up, that does not mean it is not good. The battle scenes are intense, gripping, and just overall well done. I learned a lot about the pacific theatre and have a new found appreciation for those soldiers. It's just a shame that the directors were unable to really get you invested in the men/characters. To be honest, I didn't even know the main characters' names until quite awhile into the series and even now I couldn't tell you anyone other than Leckey, Sledge, and Basilone. Honestly, Sledge was the only likable person in the series in my opinion. Joe Mazello was hands down the star of the series and should be proud of his portrayal of Sledge. I would have been happy if they would have just followed him throughout the entire series. I also appreciated the story continuing as Sledge returned home and struggled to adjust. I actually think they could have put more of that in the story and taken out the other men they followed. It's definitely worth watching and you will enjoy it; however, it's not a purchase and not one I will watch over and over like BOB.

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Playstation 3
Call of Duty: Black Ops - Playstation 3
Offered by HDB Family, LLC
Price: $24.19
403 used & new from $6.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, December 25, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I had such high hopes for this game, but I'm frustrated and disappointed. Unlike most people, I found the campaign boring. The multiplayer is fun . . . when you actually get to play it. Most of the time, you get kicked out due to host and connection issues. Several times I have even had to shut down the whole console. Makes me think Treyarch didn't know what the hell they were doing. What's the point of a good game if it's unplayable?

Medal of Honor - Xbox 360
Medal of Honor - Xbox 360
Offered by lotusgames
Price: $11.48
248 used & new from $0.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Huge Disappointment, October 20, 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Everyone has pretty much said it all. Graphics are laughable. Campaign was boooooooooring! Multiplayer is frustrating, absolutely no fun to play, and uneven. I have never been so pissed off about a crappy game and I was so looking forward to this one all year. I expected much more out of DICE since I love BBC2. Don't buy this game. I took it back even though I would lose money.

Salem's Lot
Salem's Lot
by Stephen King
57 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Even Better 2nd Time Around, September 30, 2010
This review is from: Salem's Lot (Paperback)
I read this book when I was in junior high. Thought I would give it another go around after 15 years. It was even better than I remember it. I found the book well written and terrifying in parts through King's images. The characters are likeable, but King has a way of not letting you hold on to them. I also recently finished reading Pet Semetary again and loved it, but I even think this was better. A classic and must read.

The Happening (Special Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
The Happening (Special Edition + Digital Copy) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
Price: $9.49
75 used & new from $2.89

1.0 out of 5 stars The Crappening . . . . ., September 19, 2010
This is seriously one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The acting was HORRIBLE by everyone. Everyone! It's like some horrible actor body snatched Marky Mark because he was a joke in this movie, not to mention annoying. It didn't take long for me to wish everyone would just die. And the final reveal . . . I was pissed. This movie made me swear off all M. Night movies. I should have learned my lesson after The Village. You got me M. Night. You took my money and laughed all the way to the bank. Never again though! Never again!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2010 5:23 AM PDT

The Road
The Road
by Cormac McCarthy
21 used & new from $1.49

1.0 out of 5 stars I swear Yoda wrote this book!, June 9, 2010
This review is from: The Road (Paperback)
First, I will say that the only reason I gave the book 1 star is because of the relationship portrayed between the father and son. In my opinion, that's the only thing that McCarthy got right. In a world of hopelessness, the boy is a source of geniune goodness and purity, which in return brings out the good in his father. The story itself was slow. And my biggest complaint is McCarthy's writing style. It was all I could do to keep reading because I kept getting more and more frustrated with his writing. He doesn't use punctuation and it just seems to me that he is trying too hard in his analogies and his sentence structures are backwards half the time, hence the Yoda comment. Sometimes I didn't even know what the hell he was talking about. It just seemed like he was trying to be too artistic with his writing and instead of provoking awe, I was frustrated and annoyed with him. I can't believe this won a Pulitzer Prize. I will never read another book of his and will never recommend him to anyone else.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2010 4:47 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2