Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Kount Rockula > Reviews

Browse

Kount Rockula's Profile

Customer Reviews: 208

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kount Rockula RSS Feed (Colorado)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Amara Organics Eye Cream for Dark Circles and Puffiness with Peptides, .5 fl. oz.
Offered by Amara Organics
Price: $35.95
3 used & new from $15.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent eye cream but my pump broke! ARGH!, March 13, 2016
I bought this on a Lightning Deal along with the Amara serum Amara Organics Vitamin C Serum for Face 20% with Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E, 1 fl. oz. around Christmas 2015. I've used quite a few eye creams in my day and this stuff is decent. I like the consistency (not too thick but substantial enough -- I don't like my face creams to be too watery) and it has a nice, subtle smell (I HATE overpowering smells). Funny story: the day both Amara products were delivered I didn't have a chance to use them because I was at a friend's birthday party. I stayed up *really* late and drank waaaay too much. The next day I was crazy hungover and on like 3 hours of sleep. I washed my face and used this eye cream and the corresponding serum. Hadn't seen my girlfriend all day cause of work schedules and yet when she saw me that evening the first thing she said was "wow, you look young!" That's honestly true. I SHOULD have looked like the Crypt Keeper given the night I had, but there you go -- coincidence or are these products magical?!

Probably not. I think the jury is still out as to whether "anti-aging" products actually DO anything (or do anything close to what they claim). I personally like the ritual of using face products and am hoping they really do work in some capacity. In that vein I will continue to buy and use reasonably-priced products that have relatively basic ingredients that are vegan and don't test on animals. But I'm not sure these Amara products really did anything noticeable on a long-term basis (I've been using them for like 3 months now). I didn't notice any change in puffiness or darkness under my eyes. My biggest problem, however, is this:

THE STUPID PUMP BROKE! SEE MY PIC!

And the bottle is a really hard plastic that I don't think I can cut open without hurting myself, so I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE USED ALL OF THIS CREAM! I usually like to cut my bottles open with a scissors to get one last usage (like with shampoo or toothpaste) but there's a seal inside the bottle under the cap and as mentioned it's not like a tube of toothpaste -- this bottle is really hard, thick plastic. Anyway, I've thus decided to go back to Acure eye cream Eye Cream Chlorella Edelweiss Stem Cell Acure Organics 1.0 oz Cream since it comes in a cut openable tube, has simple ingredients and is reasonably priced. I've used that brand before and am happy with it. I guess the Amara pump dispenser is a deal-breaker for me since I don't know if I'm getting my money's worth.

Adult High Waist Leggings,N8642BLKL,Black,Large
Adult High Waist Leggings,N8642BLKL,Black,Large
Offered by sunny beer
Price: $14.80
3 used & new from $14.80

3.0 out of 5 stars WAY too small for me BUT I'm male ... see pics!, March 13, 2016
I wanted these in pink or red but wasn't sure of the size, so I bought a Large in black because they were on Prime with free returns. I figured I probably needed an XL but hoped the L would fit. I'm male but I own quite a few women's workout leggings in size Large in other brands. Anyway I couldn't even get the L on! They fit over one leg and that was it. You can see in my pics how they look on my one leg, but the waist was WAY too small to even try pulling them up -- I would have broken them. I've got pretty muscular legs and a 36" waist, but as mentioned other women's workout leggings in size L fit me perfectly. For example, one of my pics shows a large purple pair of Under Armour leggings Under Armour Women's HeatGear Leggings, Black/Metallic Silver, Large that I wear all the time underneath these Natalie Dancewear leggings. You can see just how much smaller the waist is despite the fact that they're both "large."

So to me the sizing seems way off -- obviously L is *not* my size here and it's not even close. But I'm not a dancer, so what do I know. The leggings say "Adult" and not "Women's," so I thought they might work for men and given that large women's workout tights usually fit me great I thought I'd try them. Sadly XL isn't on Prime with free returns so I'm not going to take the chance ordering an XL in red or pink. I'm not confident they would fit anyway.

As for the quality, look and feel of these leggings: I love the shininess and think these are really sharp looking. If you google them you'll find other official pics from Natalie Dancewear that show how sharp they are -- I don't know why they didn't post them here. But honestly the fabric isn't the highest quality to me. It feels a little scratchy and thin as opposed to the Under Armour leggings I mentioned earlier. You can see some stray stitching in my pics and the fact that these ND leggings don't have flatlock stitching, so UA quality is higher without question IMO.

HOWEVER: these do have some good reviews, and as mentioned I like the colors you can't seem to get elsewhere. My girlfriend tried them on and said they were comfy. But they went all the way up to her bra. We didn't think the quality justified keeping them for the price so we returned them. So I can imagine these would work well for some people out there. You can get UA leggings for not that much more money though, so I'd recommend trying them if you need standard colors like black, grey or blue.

Regna X Women Leggings, Navy Leggings, Solid Legging, Navy, X-Large
Regna X Women Leggings, Navy Leggings, Solid Legging, Navy, X-Large
Offered by FnC Outdoor
Price: $9.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird fit + dull color = returned :( See pics!, March 13, 2016
I've wanted a pair of neon yellow or green tights to workout it for awhile. When I saw these I took a chance and bought the Lime color. Yes, I'm male but I'm not happy with the very few choices available in men's tights. I'm not afraid to try women's tights and already own quite a few pairs that I workout in regularly. Anyway, these Regna X leggings fit really weird -- they're too big in certain areas and way too small in others. You can see in my pics that they bunch up behind the knee and at the top of the thigh. So in that sense they're too big. I like that they're high-waisted, but the top-most waistband was WAY too small for me. I won't take any stars off because of that because they're designed for women, but I felt like I was going to break it if I didn't put them on extremely slowly and carefully. The funny thing is that *large* women's workout tights fit me perfectly in certain brands like Under Armour (see Under Armour Women's UA Authentic HeatGear® Tights Extra Large Black and Under Armour Women's Heatgear Printed Tights for example, both of which I own in large) but these Regna X were too small in XL in the waist. Oh well! Two other issues with these leggings: the color is pretty dull -- I was expecting a nice bright neon green but the color is *not* that nice at all. As one of my pics shows the Lime color is pretty see-through too -- you can see the black thong I'm wearing underneath for illustration.

All in all I don't recommend these tights, especially in the Lime color. BUT I see they have some colors/patterns that are unique and look fun (like the 2 denim colors, the purple also looks really nice but who knows about the color) so I'd consider these if my girlfriend wanted a pair of cool jeggings for example. If you're looking for inexpensive tights for a costume, try these Women's Shiny Solid Color Nylon Leggings Stretchable fabric (Lime Large/X Large). You can read my review of them there.

KIND Bars, Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond, 1.4 Oz Bars, 12 Count
KIND Bars, Dark Chocolate Mocha Almond, 1.4 Oz Bars, 12 Count
Price: $14.97
47 used & new from $14.97

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't buy again: Hard to eat & made my stomach turn :(, March 12, 2016
These have a really good flavor but there are 2 serious problems: 1) some of the bars are nice and chewy but others are really hard and difficult to eat, like they're old or something. It hurt the top of my mouth. As if that's not a deal-breaker enough, I realized these were making my stomach turn. I got really gurgly and gassy. Yes, I did enough of a controlled experiment to know it was these bars! Who knows, maybe it's the chicory root fibre. So I've got like 5 bars left that I'm not going to eat. Needless to say I won't buy these ever again. KIND has *other* bars that are delicious, reliable and don't give me terrible gas and a stomach ache, so I'll stick to those. I like STRONG & KIND Thai Sweet Chili Savory Snack Bars, 1.6 Ounce, 12 Count and get them on Subscribe \& Save.

I like STRONG & KIND Thai Sweet Chili Savory Snack Bars, 1.6 Ounce, 12 Count and get them on Subscribe & Save.

Urnex Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner - 20 ounces
Urnex Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner - 20 ounces
Price: $12.91
51 used & new from $5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING cleaner for coffee equipment and "special glassware" ;), March 12, 2016
As far as coffee equipment goes, I have a very basic Starbucks Barista espresso machine. I soaked the espresso brewhead and my grounds spoon in a solution of water and this detergent and everything got incredibly clean (see one of my pics). As far as I understand it you're not supposed to run this stuff *through* a basic espresso machine like mine, so I use a separate descaler for that Cleancaf Cleaner for Home Coffee and Espresso Equipment, 3 Pack (0.33oz each). I also inadvertently got a photo that illustrates just how powerful this stuff is: I noticed that my to go coffee cup looked a little stained on the bottom, so I filled the cup like 1/3 full with hot water and put a half teaspoon or so of this detergent in. I let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed it out. That's one of my pics -- to my surprise I didn't even realize that the entire inside of my cup had gotten stained! That's why you can see brilliant shiny metal at the bottom and now obviously stained nasty metal near the top. I repeated the process but filled the cup all the way to the top and voila, the cup looked brand new and my coffee tasted better after that. That's the last pic. I will now periodically clean my to go cups and thermoses with this detergent since it's so powerful.

About "special glassware": I'm not going to upload any pics, but here in Colorado one might ingest a certain newly-legal substance through various glass (or other material) paraphernalia. That paraphernalia can get famously gunky and impossible to clean -- UNTIL NOW. Simply soak the paraphernalia in a solution of this product dissolved in hot water and wait 20 minutes or so. ALL of the gunk will just slide out from inside the device -- maybe with a tiny bit of jostling. But seriously, no scrubbing or pipe cleaners are necessary any more. One warning: I don't know if this product takes paint off of glass, so you might want to test it on something first. Of course, a high quality handblown glass device shouldn't have any paint on it, so you're probably good to go.

Lastly you get a TON of this product for a reasonable price, so I'll be cleaning plenty of stuff and one container will last a long time I imagine.

Lanolin, Anhydrous Lanolin Pharmaceutical Grade
Lanolin, Anhydrous Lanolin Pharmaceutical Grade
Offered by Koru Naturals
Price: $8.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible and definitely better than NOW -- buy this! See pics!, March 12, 2016
Lanolin is the best moisturizer I've ever found and I get extremely dry hands and feet. There's no question that this is better than Now Solutions Lanolin Pure, 7 Ounce. This product says "fragrance free" but be careful -- that means there are no *added* fragrances. It still smells like lanolin, of course! But the lanolin smell is not only less intense than the NOW but it's also a "cleaner" smell. It's kind of hard to describe, but the NOW lanolin is really, really nasty smelling in my opinion. It smells dirty and funky and just plain wrong. I HATE using that stuff and makes me want to barf. I don't know exactly how these 2 lanolins are different, but you can really see the color difference in my pic -- this lanolin just *looks* cleaner than the NOW, and this is reflected in the hand feel and the smell. This lanolin isn't as slimy as the NOW and I think it absorbs better too. A little bit goes a VERY long way! I've had no trouble whatsoever getting this out of the container -- I just rub a finger or two over the surface briefly, and it warms up enough to get a little out. I *actually* use this stuff, whereas the NOW I've stopped using because I hate it so much. My second pic shows the lanolin next to a standard deck of playing cards so you can get an idea how big the container is.

I use a chalkboard and whiteboard a lot and so get chalk and ink all over my hands. I end up washing my hands a ton because of it. So my hands just get wrecked, and lanolin is the only thing that actually helps. I use a tiny bit on my cuticles/tips of my fingers during the day and it absorbs pretty quickly. The NOW I was only able to use at night since it took so darn long to absorb.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Back to Nature Cashew, Almond and Pistachio Mix, Sea Salt Roasted, 9 Ounce (Pack of 9)
Price: $68.29
2 used & new from $68.29

5.0 out of 5 stars DELICIOUS & makes AMAZING nut butter! See pics!, March 12, 2016
This is the best mixed nut product I've ever found! The 3 nuts together are awesome, there are a lot of cashews, there is no added oil and the saltiness is just right. On Subscribe & Save Amazon has a better price per bag than I can get at my local grocery store too! These nuts aren't just a great snack, they also make some of the best nut butter I've ever had. One day I just decided to put the whole bag into my Vitamix Standard Blender, Black (Certified Refurbished) and follow the instructions in the blender's recipe booklet. It turned out incredible, and now I make a batch of this nut butter once a week to have with toast and apples in the morning. You can also make homemade nut butter in your food processor -- just follow the instructions that came with it so you don't damage the motor. I'm going to keep buying these nuts for the foreseeable future I love them so much.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pro Quality Nut Milk Bag - Big 12"X12" Commercial Grade - Reusable Almond Milk Bag & All Purpose Strainer - Fine Mesh Nylon Cheesecloth & Cold Brew Coffee Filter - Free Recipes & Videos
Offered by Ellie's Best
Price: $24.95
3 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for homemade coconut almond milk! See pics!, March 12, 2016
There are a lot of reviews from people who obviously love this bag as much as I do, so I'll just keep it short and share a recipe I make a lot with this bag. As a base for my daily smoothies, in my Vitamix Standard Blender, Black (Certified Refurbished) I put

1/2 cup raw almonds
3/2 cup flaked or shredded coconut
1/4 tsp kosher salt
dash of vanilla extract
water to the max fill line
1 tbsp honey or maple syrup (optional -- I don't actually do this anymore since the fruit in the smoothies makes it sweet enough for me)

I blend on high for a minute or so and then strain through this nut bag. It works great! This milk is delicious, homemade and doesn't have any weird ingredients like many store-bought alternative milks. Yes, it separates, but a quick stir and you're ready to go! Tweak the recipe to your tastes!

We use this bag for other stuff too and love it. High quality, sturdy and pretty easy to clean. I've bought other nut bags that were absolutely terrible. Buy this one!

New Balance Women's Accelerate Tights, Black/Cerise, X-Large
New Balance Women's Accelerate Tights, Black/Cerise, X-Large
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars WAY too big, too short & kind of cheap material = returned BUT ..., March 12, 2016
I bought these because I've recently started running for exercise. Yes, I'm male but I'm not afraid to try women's tights and own quite a few pairs (like Under Armour) -- they fit me better than men's and I like the colors/patterns available. I usually wear a L in women's tights but do own some XL too. My measurements indicated I should buy the XL in these New Balance tights but they were WAY too big! I like my tights to be nice and form-fitting, but I didn't feel "locked in" like I want with these tights. Hopefully you can see in my pics that they're pretty baggy. One of my pics also shows a pair of women's UA Heatgear Authentic tights that I own -- in XL -- on top of these NB tights. Those UA tights are a little big on me and slide down (I prefer L in that tight, which I also own), and you can see just how much larger the NB ones are! These NB tights were also pretty short as you can see in the pics. The material seems a little thin and cheap to me too. For these 3 reasons I decided to knock off 2 stars. I didn't take off 3 because I don't think it's fair to deduct too many stars seeing as these are meant for women.

HOWEVER my girlfriend really liked these and would have kept them if they were the right size for her (they were too big). She tried to get me to keep them for myself too, said she really like the colors. She said they seemed like they would have been comfy to run in. She actually liked that they were a little loose in certain areas, saying that they probably wouldn't fall down while running like a lot of tights. We didn't test any of that -- I returned them without using them for anything -- but I thought I should add this other perspective.

I highly recommend Compression Pants - Men's Tights Base Layer Leggings, Best Running/ Workout XL for running by the way -- they're awesome and you can read my full review of them at the link.

AveryDance Lycra Spandex Round Collar Unitard One-Piece Bodysuit, XL, Black
AveryDance Lycra Spandex Round Collar Unitard One-Piece Bodysuit, XL, Black
Offered by BX Apparel
Price: $30.99
2 used & new from $30.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Rigid seams + cheap fabric = returned :(, February 7, 2016
I do NOT think this suit is worth $31. The major problems are: 1) the fabric is pretty cheap-feeling. It's not very soft and feels kind of scratchy when you run your hand along it. *Some* spandex is extremely soft but this fabric is definitely not. 2) The neck seam is really rigid and won't stretch. That means it's kind of hard to get on without feeling like you're going to burst the seam. Moreover, the shoulders kept slipping down to the point that I was fixating on when the shoulders were going to just slip off down my arm completely. Obviously that's really distracting and uncomfortable. 3) There's extra fabric at the lower back that didn't fit to my body. Maybe it's hard to design a suit that actually hugs your back, but this one looked kind of loose and stupid honestly. So this suit is too small in the shoulders but too big in the back.

I'm still trying to find a good suit like this for a costume (you can see I've reviewed quite a few). I used a cloth tape measure to make sure I got the right size, but the shoulder and lower back problems plus the cheapness of the fabric meant I returned it straightaway. It's DEFINITELY not worth the price I paid. Argh, this is frustrating!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20