Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for W. H. Clark > Reviews

Browse

W. H. Clark's Profile

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

W. H. Clark "selvinor" RSS Feed (AZ)

Unbreakable
Unbreakable
Offered by Music Choice
Price: $10.99
78 used & new from $5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars After You Fall-- This is proof that Janet has gotten right back up!, October 6, 2015
This review is from: Unbreakable (Audio CD)
When I first heard the single Unbreakable I thought, "Well its not bad. It has a nice laid back groove. Classic Janet." But then I purchased and listened to the entire CD and was blown away! There are so many great tracks I just don't know where to begin. Some you fall in love with from the first note and others sneak up on you partway through the song. Every time I play it (because its been on constant rotation since I bought it) I have a new favorite. This work is different from her previous CD's so don't expect it to follow the same formula. Some of the songs titles are misleading which is an interesting direction to take. For example, 'Dammn Baby' isn't what you would expect. Its an amazing track but the subject is about not letting people tell you what you cannot do. You just have to shut them down and put them in their place. Another one is 'Shoulda Known Better'. I thought it was going to be about a relationship with someone not good for you but instead its like a stadium anthem for social change-a sort of follow up to Rhythm Nation. These are two favorites of mine. Other standouts would be what I call the two-in-one tracks: 'Lessons Learned', which is about an abusive relationship where the woman is defending why she stays with the man she loves which leads into 'Black Eagle', a song about members of society that are deemed less valuable but Janet implores us to not discriminate because all lives matter and that we all need to do better. Other notable songs are 'After You Fall', a ballad that is just Janet and a piano. This track is just beautiful and will resonate with anyone that has ever had their world shatter and felt abandoned by everyone around them. 'Take Me Away' is a pop rock song that appears as a follow up track to 'Someone to Call My Lover'. '2 B Loved' yet another R&B gem you cannot help but bop your head and snap your fingers too. I have to say that this is a very well constructed body of work which shows that a hiatus has only made her better at what she does-create good music that not only has us groove but motivates us to think.

The Upside Of Down
The Upside Of Down
Offered by My Romance
Price: $8.75
72 used & new from $0.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great body of work, September 23, 2014
This review is from: The Upside Of Down (Audio CD)
Great body of work. The CD has a very eclectic sound without compromising the message it is meant to convey. Following and worshipping Christ.

Overcomer
Overcomer
Offered by Treatspree
Price: $9.02
100 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Worship through dance, August 27, 2013
This review is from: Overcomer (Audio CD)
Wow! I thought the single 'Overcomer' was an amazing and empowering track. This new CD from Mandisa does not disappoint. She continues to share the message of Gods love in the midst of the struggles in this world. Only this time she shares it with a lot of tracks that we christians can dance too. Coming from a former dancer that no longer feels comfortable moving to what is considered music these days this means a lot. May God continue to bless Mandisa as he blesses us through the music he sends to us through her :)

Fringe: Season 3
Fringe: Season 3
DVD ~ Anna Torv
Offered by twilightmedia
Price: $9.99
55 used & new from $5.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Great programming, November 21, 2010
This review is from: Fringe: Season 3 (DVD)
I'm really surprised that the show does not have a larger following. It is definitely at the top of my listing for television programs to watch. Its very original in its content and has a great cast of characters played by a talented group of actors.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2011 10:03 AM PDT

Buzzin Fly 4 Mixed By Ben Watt
Buzzin Fly 4 Mixed By Ben Watt
17 used & new from $5.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Redundant, October 19, 2009
I enjoyed Ben Watts Buzzin Fly I & II but not this one so much. It sounds too similar throughout. I just went to iTunes and downloaded the one track that I really liked. IMO 'Long Shadows' pretty much sums up the entire vibe of the CD.