Profile for Ken Blkaney > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken Blkaney RSS Feed (Oklahoma City)

Page: 1 | 2
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 12 MP Digital Camera (Black)
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 12 MP Digital Camera (Black)
Price: Click here to see our price
11 used & new from $259.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Compact Camera, June 14, 2014
It is my own personal opinion, this may be the best pocketable compact camera on the market.
Pros (1) Very small & very light (2) Very good photos & videos (3) Panorama Photos and in camera stitching (4) Has all three quality videos in stereo sound, VGA Video, HD Video, and Full HD video (5) Very good pictures in very low light conditions and night shots (6) Easy to use exposure compensation (7) Choice of various camera settings e.g. shutter, aperture, etc (8) Takes both JPEG & RAW photos (9) Three inch LCD screen in high resolution (10) Has Electronic Viewfinder with bracketing information (11) Has a powerful 7x zoom Leica lens ---- Cons (1) Not many negatives (2) On/Off button may be too close to the shutter button for some people (3) Electronic Viewfinder is only adequate at 200K dots (4) Control buttons may be too small for some people ---- Note = This camera is the same as a Leica C112 camera - Summary -- a very good camera for the price and small size. I really like this camera

Fujifilm X10 12 MP EXR CMOS Digital Camera with f2.0-f2.8 4x Optical Zoom Lens and 2.8-Inch LCD
Offered by Electronics Basket
Price: $398.54
35 used & new from $269.00

4.0 out of 5 stars This is my Video Review of the Fujifilm Finepix X10 Digital Camera, January 17, 2013
Length:: 9:37 Mins

This is my review of my Fujifilm Finepix X10 Digital Camera

Canon PowerShot A1300 16.0 MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom 28mm Wide-Angle Lens (Black)
Offered by Gingko Electronics
Price: $245.99
7 used & new from $118.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Canon A1300, June 1, 2012
Canon A1300 Sure Shot
Pros - Has an optical viewfinder !! - a must have in bright sunlight
Uses two AA batteries !! - can buy at almost any store
Confortable in your hand and fits nicely in shirt pocket or purse
Takes a very good still photo
Takes a very good HD Video with good single audio (non-stereo)
Can also take a fairly good standard video with single audio - good for saving SD Card space
Audio sounds fairly good when having to video in gusty wind conditions - as compared to some other brand cameras
Very easy to use and easy to switch back and forth from Auto to Low Light, etc and easy to switch back and forth from flash and no flash
Video button on back is separate from the still shot button on top- I like that because I take mostly videos
Very good camera for the price
Cons - The videos and still photos are occasionally very blurry and non-usable - as though the auto focus has failed
( I just turn the camera off and start over again (reboot) and then it is fine )
The optical viewfinder does not show the zoom in/out when videoing but the the LCD does show the zoom in/out while videoing
Does not come with an SD Card - Camera does not have any internal memory so you must buy an SD card
Standard AA batteries last only about one hour when videoing - I recommend using the rechargeable batteries to save money
Conclusion - I like this camera and I would give this camera at least a four star if it were not for the above listed cons - This camera is an
inexpensive point and shoot pocket camera and I recommend this camera.
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 29, 2013 8:10 AM PDT

Maytag MMV5208WW 2.0 Cu. Ft. White Over-the-Range Microwave
Maytag MMV5208WW 2.0 Cu. Ft. White Over-the-Range Microwave

1.0 out of 5 stars Maytag 2 cu ft Over the Range Microwave Oven, February 4, 2011
I bought a new $300 Maytag 2 cu. ft. Over the Range Microwave oven and the internal computer burned out after only 13 months ... and it was out of warranty ... I thought it was a fluke because after all ... Maytag is suppose to be the best ... so, I bought a similar Maytag 2 cu. ft. model which was more expensive for $450 ... the internal computer burned out of it too after only 26 months ... and again, it was out of warranty ... the lonely Maytag repairman charged me $129 (for 30 minutes of his time) to tell me that a new computer would cost me $398 ... you can do the math on all of this stuff ... my wife and I are a family of two people here ... and a microwave does not get any heavy use in our house ... also the two Maytag microwaves, that went south on us, were both previously professionally installed ... in the 60's and 70's, and before, Maytag was the best that money could buy, but since manufacturing has all gone out of the USA ... well, you know the rest ... my advice is to stay away from Maytag junk .... Maytag is much too expensive for what you get ... apparently they're only surviving on their old good reputation.. at least for now anyway ... everyone has an opinion ... buy this brand or stay away from that brand ... everybody is an expert ... I didn't know what to do so yesterday I ordered a new countertop model 1.5 cu. ft. Panasonic Microwave oven for $115 ... from Amazon ... I didn't know which brand to buy so I bought a Panasonic because four years ago I bought 3 new Panasonic televisions, 3 new Panasonic DVD players, and a new Panasonic shaver for my wife ... all of my Panasonic products have been performing flawlessly now for 4 years ... we'll see how the new Panasonic microwave holds up .... buy what you think is best ,,, but for me ... the bottom line, I am very disappointed in Maytag..... UPDATE 2/12/2012 We have owned our new counter top style Panasonic microwave for over a year now and so far so good ... it has performed flawlessly and we love it ... but I should also say here that last week one of our expensive Panasonic DVD Recorder/Players gave up the ghost .. it was going on four years old and it did get heavy usage .. UPDATE AGAIN !! I bragged too soon !! Two days ago our Panasonic countertop microwave went out ... it was only about three weeks out of warranty ... I am so disgusted with all of this made in China junk and there is nothing we can do about it !! ANOTHER UPDATE ..Our five year old Maytag Cook-top has now blown out one of the burners so now we only have three burners left ... the Cook-top does not get any kind of heavy usage ... what miserable Maytag junk ...
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2014 11:33 AM PDT

Axion AXN-8905 9-Inch Widescreen Handheld LCD TV
Axion AXN-8905 9-Inch Widescreen Handheld LCD TV

3.0 out of 5 stars AXION AXN-8905 9" Portable Television, February 4, 2010
This little TV is very good for a hundred dollar TV .... good picture ... so so sound ... it comes with a separate antenna ... the antenna is 28" high and has a 2" magnetic base ... the antenna cord is 76" long ... I measured it .. this TV is probably very good for camping trips .... you could place the antenna on top of your vehicle while camping ....the antenna is a screw on cable tv type connection which is nice if you want to connect this TV to a cable... the manual says the internal battery life is 2 hours but I timed mine and it actually lasted for 3 hours and 47 minutes before the battery died ... the manual says 7 hours to recharge but I timed mine and it actually recharged completely in 5 hours and 15 minutes ... this TV also comes with an ac wall adapter and a car adapter ..... my wife uses this TV in the bathroom and leaves the ac adapter plugged in so the battery never goes dead .... I guess the only complaints that I would have is there is no carrying handle ... and, for sitting on a table, the plastic leg on the back is flimsy and similar to a picture frame type leg for sitting up straight ... and also, the sound could be better .... but hey it's a hundred dollar television ... it's ok as a back up during a power outage, or while cooking in the kitchen, or camping out ... see my picture image that i put on amazon... I put my Dr. Pepper can and the antenna next to the television for a size comparison ... this is a three star TV but for a hundred bucks, then it's a four star TV .. ...
Comment Comment | Permalink

Love Comes Softly Series, Vol. 1
Love Comes Softly Series, Vol. 1
DVD ~ Katherine Heigl
Offered by BuckeyeState-Bulk
Price: $21.46
50 used & new from $1.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Comes Softly Series Vol 1 & Vol 2, January 8, 2009
I bought these for my wife and she loves them.... she watches them over and over.... and over again.... each Volume contains three DVD disk....

Volume 1 has the first 3 movies, Love Comes Softly, Love's Enduring Promise, and Love's Long Journey
Volume 2 has the last 3 movies, Love's Abiding Joy, Love's Unending Legacy, and Love's Unfolding Dream.

These are good family movies and just proves too that Hollywood doesn't need to have any sex or violence to make a very good five star movie.... Thank you Michael Landon Jr. for such a good job..... well done...

Oklahoma City
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2010 3:00 PM PDT

West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker
West Bend 84905 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker
Price: $38.99
39 used & new from $28.97

4.0 out of 5 stars West Bend Slo Cooker, July 17, 2008
This is my second oval shaped West Bend Slo Cooker and I like it too...... except maybe for the lid which does not seem to be as sturdy or as good as my old lid..... but the good news is..... my old lid fits the new cooker just perfect.... well almost perfect..... good enough though..... and my old lid actually fits the new pot better than the new lid that came with it...... and my old oval shaped pot also fits the new heater base too..... I'm happy.....
Joanne

Kidde KN-COSM-BA Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm with Talking Alarm
Offered by ZoomDeals
Price: $32.24
85 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with the Kidde Smoke/Carbon Monoxide Detector 900-0102, January 31, 2008
Easy to install the alarm's base mount on either ceiling or wall..... does include the installation hardware....... 2 small screws and 2 small plastic anchors.....also includes the three AA Energizer batteries..... I liked that, and the alarm is very easy to remove from the base mount which I really like because i like to take this alarm with us on vacation when we are staying in motel rooms. The alarm is small and light and it fits very nice in our travel bag. When we get back home it only takes about 5 seconds, literally, to reinstall the alarm back on the wall mount again...... easier than screwing in a light bulb. The hush feature is very nice too when you burn your toast...... and the alarm will also automatically reset itself after a few minutes of burning toast or bacon..... the alarm is very loud and if it doesn't wake you up, then you're probably already dead....i am very happy with mine.... and I very much recommend this alarm...... UPDATE .... July 2011 ..... early this morning the alarm started beeping and telling me that the battery power was low ... so I had to replace the three AA Energizer batteries for the first time .... they lasted three and one half years ..

Apple iMac Desktop with 20" Display MA876LL/A (2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB Hard Drive, SuperDrive)
9 used & new from $349.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad That I Switched Over From PC to Mac !!, October 28, 2007
I was a PC owner for 15 years before I recently made up my mind, took the plunge, and made the switch over to Mac OS X. That means Operating System Version 10 (Roman Numeral X). I got so frustrated with the new Windows Vista that I decided to visit an Apple Store and I'm glad that I did. (thank you Windows Vista). I was also EXTREMELY frustrated with PC technical telephone persons who can not speak good English. I had never seen a Mac computer before and the Apple salesperson was very helpful and polite, so I bought the very nice looking aluminum iMac Model MA876LL/A with the 20" screen and the very thin aluminum keyboard, and it is now the nicest looking thing in our house. See my picture posted here on Amazon. The built in stereo speakers sound very good too. There are not as many wires and cables back there either as there are with PCs because the complete computer is built inside of the 20" monitor and I like that. Also there is a CD/DVD slot that is located in the right side of the monitor, no tray to have to open, and I like that too. The switch over was a little frustrating at first because of a few different terminologies and slightly different usage that I had to learn, but not a big deal. For instance, what PC calls Internet Explorer, iMac calls it Safari, and what Microsoft calls Office and WORD, Apple calls it iWork and Pages, etc......instead of clicking on start in the lower left corner, you click on an apple icon in the upper left corner....it just takes a little getting used to but I am beginning to learn that I like iMacs much better than PCs. I've owned my iMac for over three weeks now and I am getting used to it and I really like it much better than any PC that I've owned in the past. I am 58 years old and I'm getting mind lazy and I did not want to learn iWork Pages so I bought the Microsoft Office 2004 for iMac.....and it is just what I'm already used to with PCs. I can only think of one disappointment, and that is Netflix does not support Mac OS X, so I can no longer watch Netflix movies on my computer.....not a big deal because it never did work very well on my PC anyway......Netflix says they are working on it and they are going to support Mac owners soon......I have called Apple several times for guidance and they have always been very friendly and very helpful.....and so far, they also speak good English too.....I also bought the new Kodak 5100 All-In-One printer/copier/scanner that I like very much so far. The ink cartridges cost only half as much and they last twice longer than any of the other brands. This Kodak printer is very nice too and it gives very nice photo prints. It is a little bit bigger than other printers but seems to be built much better, just like the iMac seems to also be built much better than the PC brands. I recommend both of these nice units. Bottom line is, after comparing the oranges and the apples, I'm glad that I went ahead and threw away the oranges and kept the Apple. You may be too.....I recommend Apple's iMac computer
Comment Comment | Permalink

Garmin StreetPilot c340 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Garmin StreetPilot c340 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
6 used & new from $40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware, July 23, 2007
Beware, because you will get hooked on this GPS the first time that you use it.....this is my first GPS and we love it. I did an extensive research before buying this one....and glad that I did....the models below this one do not announce the street name but this one does and I like that....to borrow a line...it is so easy to use even a caveman can do it.....I also bought the friction weighted mount and glad that I did....We have a 2004 Ford explorer and the weighted friction mount fits and works perfect......you can very easily disconnect the GPS from the friction base mount and carry it with you but I throw my boonie hat over the GPS when we park and you can't tell its even there....a suction cup on the windshield would be a dead give-a-way to a thief....who would know, yes their GPS is in the glove box or under the seat....amazon did a great job too...We love this Garmin c340 unit and we recommend it....UPDATE UPDATE....Sept 29....We just got back from a two week vacation...drove thru several states and cities....it was the first time to use the GPS on vacation and all I can say is "WOW" !!....And to borrow another popular saying...we'll never leave home again without it....

Page: 1 | 2