Profile for Forrest Bezotte > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 21

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Forrest Bezotte "Amazon fan" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Atlas, Volume 7
The Atlas, Volume 7
by Ryan Collins
Edition: Perfect Paperback
3 used & new from $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm in this magazine., August 11, 2013
I'm in this magazine, and am very proud to be a part of it. My stories in it are called Lost And Found and The Memory That Counts. Please read it! If you think I'm lying, check it out for yourself.

Marvel's The Avengers
Marvel's The Avengers
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: $19.96
27 used & new from $7.73

3.0 out of 5 stars A really good movie, but it wasn't great, August 12, 2012
This review is from: Marvel's The Avengers (DVD)
Like some of the others here with 3, 2, or 1-star reviews, I know I'm going to get attacked, but I didn't think this was a GREAT movie. This wasn't even the best comic book movie, and it wasn't the best superhero movie. The movie Thor had an excellent storyline, but here, Thor was kind of bland, even having a few plot holes that I found rather annoying.
Surprisingly, I found Black Widow to be one of my favorite characters, but alas, just like characters such as Nick Fury and Hawkeye, there was barely any depth or character development for her.
I found Hawkeye to be really cool in his one minute in Thor and was looking forward to learning more about him. What did I learn? He's a SHIELD agent with a cool bow and set of arrows and...actually, I think that's it.
This movie had absolutely no tension whatsoever, and yet, the writers still tried to push for tension that didn't work in the least. Thanks for telling us there'll be an Iron Man 3 long before this film hit the theaters!
I loved Loki in Thor. He was deceitful, and he always had a back-up plan. Here, he's not even his own boss. He's helping an alien race that we don't get ANY details on, and there are no surprises from him at all. Actually, he made a complete fool of himself at times.
I agree that a lot of people are so captivated by the show-offy special effects in action films these days that they never think about the plot or character development. Personally, I was not blown away for the most part. If you want to see REAL fight scenes but there is still an excellent story surrounding that, watch Red vs Blue.
Which then brings me to the character development. There's a little bit for Tony Stark (Iron Man) here, but nobody else gets any character development. Disappointing as well. Again, I've seen better in action-packed stuff.
I've been pretty negative, so I'll say that I WAS entertained, even if the first half of the movie was boring. The fight scenes are at least fun to watch, its got some great humor, and it's probably my second favorite superhero movie just for being fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 12, 2012 9:09 PM PDT

Star Wars: Red Harvest
Star Wars: Red Harvest
by Joe Schreiber
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19
71 used & new from $2.63

3.0 out of 5 stars A very...interesting contribution to the SW universe, July 13, 2012
This book was a very interesting read in the SW EU, which I think is a better read than a lot of Karen Traviss' books. I'd rather read a simple stand-alone story that has to do with zombie survival than Traviss' thick 500-page novels that feels like it doesn't go anywhere.

Like I said earlier, this is a Star Wars ZOMBIE novel (parents, keep this away from your kids, let them watch The Clone Wars series). If zombies isn't quite your cup of tea, especially if your a fan of Star Wars, I don't reccomend this. I myself am not a fan of zombies, but this was an interesting read, and I think it's probably better than Death Troopers. Sith zombies has a good ring, and opens up a can of awesome possibilities.

Unfortunately, this book introduces fifteen characters, yes fifteen. That's an awful lot of characters to try to follow, and I couldn't even care for HALF of them. A majority of them seemed to be thrown in just so that there's enough carnage to please a horror reader.

There's not a lot of character development in this book. The characters are very shallow and one-dommensional, so don't expect a lot of characters that you could come to like.

The book is only 240 pages so it wasn't completely a waste a time. I think Joe did a good job molding Star Wars and horror together. There were moments that I really geeked out in ways that I've never geeked out during a Star Wars book. Joe knows how to please both Star Wars fans and horror fans. Although, while this book was creepy, it didn't scare me. I slept very well that night after I finished it.

In conclusion, this book is probably worth reading if you are a Star Wars fan and don't mind a horror/zombie story set in that universe. I thought it was interesting and decent, but that's as far as I could get.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 4
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 4
DVD ~ Various
Price: $35.57
17 used & new from $25.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Season Yet!, July 4, 2012
Season One was decent, Season Two was great, and Season Three was quite weak. THIS season however, exceeded expectations! Unlike Seasons 2 and 3, this season ends on a cliffhanger note that leaves you wanting more, so I can't wait for Season Five.

The beginning of the season is sadly weak however. I found the Mon Cal trilogy to be boring and way too predictable, with no surprises really at all. Shadow Warrior was a better episode, but again, there was nothing in that episode that made me believe it needed to be there. Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids were also fun to watch, but pointless in the end.

The Umbara arc however put the season on an amazing track, full of surprises, twists, and excellent characters and character development. The last episode in the arc, Carnage of Krell is one of my favorite episodes!

Unfortunately, a great arc led to a weak arc, with the Zygerrian slavers. I wasn't a big fan of the comic books based on this arc, and I wasn't a big fan of these episodes. While Kidnapped and Slaves of Republic weren't terrible episodes, Escape from Kadova were one of my least favorite episodes this season.

The stand alone episode A Friend in Need on the other hand, was excellent. It was great to see Pre Vizla again, and the situation has changed with the Death Watch. The end of the episode left me wanting to see more of them.

But alas, the writers keep us waiting by bringing in a different storyline that will change the way you viewed Anakin's sudden turn to the dark side in Star Wars Ep III forever. Deception and Friends and Enemies were excellent, The Box was a bit weak, but the arc stands strong with its wrap-up episode Crisis on Naboo.

Then, finally, the season shifts it's attention back to Asajj Ventress, where she is thrown into a mess of an episode that felt like it was taking elements from Twilight, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. Also (spoiler alert), this episode has zombies in it. Yes. Though this isn't really new to fans who have read Death Troopers and Red Harvest, both of them being star wars zombie novels, this is a big surprise for a series that's supposedly aimed for kids.

Then, the season goes from mystical, magical chaos, to old-fashioned bounty hunter action called Bounty, which is an entertaining but poorly-written episode. Then there's Brothers, where we see Darth Maul return, and man did Sam Whitwer do an excellent job doing the Sith Lord's voice! Though Brothers was a tedious start, the season wraps up with an excellent finale Revenge, where we are left with so much debate as to what's going to happen next. It should be fun to the finish!

One more thing, the animation is so-well done this season. It's unpredictable what they will do, and this season was just one surprise to the next! I can't wait to own this set!

How to Train Your Dragon
How to Train Your Dragon
DVD ~ Jay Baruchel
Price: $12.96
16 used & new from $5.67

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't make the cut for me, February 28, 2012
This review is from: How to Train Your Dragon (DVD)
Yeah sorry, this didn't make the cut for me. It was surprisingly unfunny and it dragged sometimes. Honestly, it wasn't the worst animated film ever made, but it just didn't work.

First of all, why do all the dragons except one look cute? What's the point of that? It's extremely unrealistic, and I don't think the fact that this is a family film is a good excuse for cute dragons.

The adults are viewed here as dumb compared to the kids who seem to have the bigger brains than the adults. Sometimes it drove me nuts.

Unfortunately, this film was pretty unfunny. I can only remember one joke that I chuckled at, but it was a potty joke, go figure.

The way the movie ended was dumb. I'm sorry, but it bothers me when two kids start falling for each other so early. Not to mention, the ending felt way too good to be true for the character. Think about Toy Story 3 or Despicable Me where, while the endings are happy happy joy joy, it actually gives off some good emotion for the characters that makes us happy for them. Here, the ending just felt too good to be true for the character, I mean, it's not like all of the character's troubles will be gone forever, and I expect an ending that isn't SOOO happy, sorry, maybe i'm a killjoy here, and it's not like I don't like happy endings, but I expect happy endings that has some emotion for the character.

So wrapping up here, I enjoyed Rango more. This looks like younger kids will enjoy it better than me.

Red Vs Blue - Season One - The Blood Gulch Chronicles
Red Vs Blue - Season One - The Blood Gulch Chronicles
DVD ~ Burne Burns
30 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Worthy to be called the best web series, February 26, 2012
RvB is definitely the best web series I've ever watched. Who knew that watching someone use men from the Halo games and get them into some pretty funny situations would be...well...funny!

Picture a movie like Napoleon Dynamite. Remember that that movie was really good even though it wasn't much of anything? Well, that's a lot of what you get in Red vs Blue, mainly in season one, which is a really good season. The series has changed so much since then, but this season is still excellent and a lot of fun to look back at. So why do I give this season four stars instead of five?

Well, while this season is a lot of fun, it has its moments that are laggy, and I don't like the language either, but there is actually a lot less language here than in other shows online, trust me. This season, however, is still really good. By the way, to any of you who say they would rather play Halo than watch this, I suppose I could understand that, but sometimes it's fun to see this type of stuff.

Anyway, great season, and I can't wait for season 10!

Red vs. Blue Season 9
Red vs. Blue Season 9
DVD ~ Matt Hullum
Price: $11.91
37 used & new from $7.12

4.0 out of 5 stars "Some of these things may be...questionable"-Director Church, February 20, 2012
This review is from: Red vs. Blue Season 9 (DVD)
This season was...interesting. The action scenes don't bother me even though rvb used to be strictly comedy or drama with little to no action. I DO agree with some of the reviewers that says the action was a little too long and that it kinda detracted from the story. I think we still got some good character development from Church this season. We also get to hear the Alpha's voice real briefly (if u don't know what that is, watch season 6). I thought the scenes with the Reds were pointless and did nothing to effect the plot in the end, they're just there and acting a bit different much to Church's dissapointment. As far as humor goes in this season, it was pretty good, but I didn't feel like there were a lot of laugh out loud moments. Caboose is still as funny as ever though!

One of my characters is Director Church, probably figured that out by the title of my review right? Am I wrong, or does the director NOT act a lot like the Blue Church despite that the Blue is supposed to be based on him. I think Burnie Burns does a great job giving each character a different personality and talent (example being that York is an infiltrations specialist but pretty bad at combat), and even the Meta had to be admired somewhat before he turned into a bad guy and all.

Anyway, I still like season 8 better, but this one is probably third on the list (season 1 being second)

Red vs. Blue: The Recollection Collection (Seasons 6-8)
Red vs. Blue: The Recollection Collection (Seasons 6-8)
DVD ~ Burnie Burns
Price: $22.20
43 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars The best Red vs Blue collection yet, December 28, 2011
Since this box set contains seasons 6-8, I will separate my review into several parts that is dedicated to each season.

S6

Season 6: Reconstruction is a wonderful, dark start to the story, making you rethink your opinion of everything that happened in the first five seasons. Washington is a great character, and one of the most complex, and I find the transmission messages in between the Director and the Chairman of Project Freelancer a really cool start to each episode. Slowly, they reveal the personality and character traits of the faceless Director and the Chairman. Though we partially see the Director's face in Season 9, I thought THIS introduction to the character was very amusing.
Our thoughts on the character Church totally changes in this season, revealing something very crucial about him that I will not reveal in this review for any of you who have not seen this yet. The plot twists are intriguing, engaging, and really, really rocks your world. Another favorite character of mine is the AI Delta who happens to be based on the Mark V(?) armor from Combat Evolved even though most of this trilogy is set in the Halo 3 engine, making him a very unique and different character from the rest.
As far as humor goes, I have to say this is one of the least funniest seasons in RvB, though Caboose is as funny as ever, and his comic remarks or incidents really lighten the mood a bit considering the serious, heavy plot we have here. I give this season 4/5 stars

S7

Season 7: Recreation is a different matter entirely compared to seasons 6 and 8. This season does contain a few mysterious, heavy moments but most of it has a lot of lighter moments that don't quite fit the story and the pace is bad too. This season is the reason why this review has four stars instead of five. The humor isn't as funny either, however, there IS a good plot twist in this season. There's really not much to say about this season though, because like I said, the pace is pretty bad.

S8

Now HERE's a season worth getting its attention. Not only are there twists, there is some very good action far beyond the scaled of the previous seasons, although Season 9 gets a little more credit for the action than this season, although THIS season has action in it that gives you that sense of emotion for the characters. It's very cool to watch these characters go through these events that, while they don't make much sense, it is very character-driven. We get a lot out of characters like Sarge, Church, Washington, and Tex (oops, did I say Tex? Guess you'll have to see what I mean!). The finale exceeded my expectations for anything I have ever seen in entertainment. So make Sarge proud and watch these, I think they're really worth watching.

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Offered by goHastings
Price: $13.93
91 used & new from $8.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the same really, December 28, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
It really wasn't that long before this edition came out that I played the original version of this game and had a lot of fun with it. While the game is FUN and is basically the same thing, just the fact that the graphics and sound is better, this is a bad first impression for 343 studios, and makes me wonder what Halo 4 will be like.

Basically this game is the Combat Evolved campaign remastered with the Halo Reach online multiplayer attached, so if you're just wanting to get this game for the online benefits, you might as well get Halo Reach and play that, because you're not missing out on anything here. The graphics, though they are a lot better now compared to the original and you can fascinate yourself by switching in between graphics any time during the campaign, are not even as good as Halo Reach. Just a lot of tweaking is all it really is, and the maps are tweaked just a little bit in the campaign. The sound is better too, notably the sniper rifle!

I was disappointed that Blood Gulch was reduced to a small, crammed canyon that's really only fit for four players (being an RvB fan, I like to see what material they just might use later on, and yet they STILL used this), hmm. The sloppy ridiculous violence was reduced, which is real nice considering the blood splatters from the original made it unrealistic and ridiculous. That was a real bonus, but, and maybe I'm missing something since I haven't played the entire campaign yet, I can't imagine why this should be rated M, honestly this is as ridiculous as Halo Reach being rated M.

Let me tell you this though. Buy the original Combat Evolved for the original Xbox, then get Halo Reach for the multiplayer benefits, and you've got yourself the Combat Evolved Anniversary minus the remastered graphics for Combat Evolved. Although, I suppose thirty bucks is pretty good for a remastered campaign with the Halo Reach multiplayer attached. Fifty bucks would've sucked.

Anyway, it's your choice. I played this at a friends' house and if I had a 360 this would be my choice. Halo really is a fun game but the company has really been coming out with excuses to make more games considering that Halo 3 was claimed to be the last one, then came Halo Reach as a direct prequel to Halo 1 and then this, then the upcoming Halo 4.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 3
Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Season 3
DVD ~ Matt Lanter
Price: $33.30
15 used & new from $27.90

4.0 out of 5 stars An odd, but pretty good season, June 2, 2011
This was a very odd season in my opinion. It was good, but it could've been a little better.

Clone Cadets - A great start to this season! 4/5
ARC Troopers - An even better episode compared to Clone Cadets 4.5/5
Supply Lines - A little weak in execution. I'm sorry, I didn't become very fond with Jar Jar in this one 3/5
Sphere of Influence - A little stronger, but didn't quite execute fully enough. I actually got a little bored. Plus, I was disappointed with Greedo 3.5/5
Corruption - The weakest episode in this season. Dave and the crew have shown that they could come up with better ideas than poisoned tea 1/5
The Academy - Again, a little stronger than the last one, but it didn't quite meet my expectations. I'm waiting for Death Watch to show up again 2.9/5
Assassin - A pretty good episode. Liked the continuity from Lethal Trackdown 4/5
Evil Plans - I like Threepio and Artoo getting a spotlight here, but they hardly do anything here. However, the episode DID reveal who hired Cad Bane to get Ziro back 2/5
Hunt for Ziro - Ok episode. I'm just glad that Ziro's gone! 3/5
Heroes On Both Sides - Liked this episode, but enough of the political stuff guys! 4/5
Pursuit of Peace - A weak episode but kinda' strengthened near the end 3.2/5
Nightsisters - I applaud this one! 4.8/5
Monster - Even better! Great Zabrak action! 4.9/5
Witches of the Mist - Too good! Too good! I can't wait to see what they're going to do with Darth Maul! 4/5
Overlords - Eh, half and half, did you guys hear Darth Vader's mettalic breathing when the Son was brought to his knees? 3/5
Altar of Mortis - Best episode of this season! I love Sam Whitwer's acting! 5/5
Ghosts of Mortis - A little weak, but still enjoyable 4/5
The Citadel - "Breaking Jedi is our specialty", gotta love Osi Sobeck's voice! A decent episode 3.9/5
Counterattack - Now why did they have to kill off Echo? He was a great character! That's how this episode became 3.5/5 for me
Citadel Rescue - To me, Tarkin's design was a little too bland for me, but he's still cranky! 4/5
Padawan Lost - Much better than Lightsaber Lost I'll tell you that! 4.5/5
Wookie Hunt - Now who doesn't love Chewie? 4.6/5

You could tell that for me, the first half was not near as good as the second which really kicked some butt! Can't wait for season four!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 26, 2011 6:26 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3