Profile for OregonBay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 191

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

OregonBay "© OregonBay - 1999 to 2014" RSS Feed (Oregon, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sun's Tea(tm) 20oz Wave Strong Double Wall Thermo Glasses for Beer/Tea/Coffee, Set of 2
Offered by Sun's Tea
Price: $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Attractive glasses, June 21, 2014
I decided to give these a try because I like the appearance of the double walled drinking glasses. These seem more durable than some of the other double walled offerings out there, they weigh in at ~15 oz without liquid inside, so they have some heft to them as well. That's probably a good thing since if they were to get knocked over they would probably break fairly easily.

I kind of see these as occasional use glasses, sort of similar to fine wine glasses, I don't know how well they would hold up if someone tried to use them as everyday glasses -- with the washing process and all.

These are somewhat taller than the average drinking glass you will find at big box stores, I'll go over the specs of these:

Height: 7 1/4"
Circumference: 10"
Dry Weight: 14.9 oz

Speaking of the circumference, for someone with smaller hands - this glass is pretty big around, not overly large but I can see someone with smaller hands having some difficulty with these.

I decided to do a quick comparison of glasses with my existing set Anchor Hocking Flair Beverage Set, 12-Ounce Small & 16-Ounce Large, Set of 16. Of course this glass has a fluid capacity of 20 oz vs. the large tea glass in the referenced sets' capacity of 16 oz. But just as a reference of a typical store bought set, here are the specs:

Height: 6 1/2"
Circumference: 8"
Dry Weight: 14.6 oz

Some of the truly nice features of the Sun Tea double walled glass include:

+ Keep liquids cold for a longer period of time.
+ Less condensation forms on the outside of the glass, doesn't produce the water *ring* at the base like traditional glasses.
+ The outside of the glass doesn't get cold like regular glasses, this is highly noticeable when drinking very cold liquids.
+ Appearance is cool, the liquid seems *suspended* in the glass.

A few caveats:

- Somewhat fragile -- I suspect these would break easily if just put into the sink with other items, for instance washing dishes.
- Expense -- Well, you get what you pay for, but you can almost buy a whole drink set for the price of two of these.
- Internal wall -- This glass has less of a distance between the outer wall and inner wall than some of the others I've seen, so the effect is not as substantial as some other offerings.

Overall I like them and with light use and care I believe these will last a pretty long time. I recommend these as an occasional use item, they would be awesome for social events as an elegant touch.

Recommended with a few caveats.

Polder KTH-6066-87 Single Tear Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
Polder KTH-6066-87 Single Tear Paper Towel Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
Price: $23.99
10 used & new from $19.17

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a paper towel holder for one handed use, June 15, 2014
And who isn't? This one is weighted enough so as to not move around when you are using it one handed. I was skeptical when I ordered it because most paper towel holders don't live up to the marketing, and the ones which do often times are quite expensive.

So based on the reviews I decided to give this one a try. It works. It's heavy enough to keep the holder in place while tearing off a paper towel. It will occasionally move if you don't quite hit the cut-seam between paper towels, but that is no big deal if you've ever fumbled with a lightweight holder.

This one is big enough for large sized paper towel rolls as well. The black rubber pieces at the top of the base keep the paper towel roll from rolling out too many towels at a time, that is a nice feature, however they collect paper towel *lint* if that's the proper term. It's not a big deal for me, and it's very little, but if there is one con to this holder that would be it.

To remove and/or insert a new roll you simply twist off the top (about a quarter of a turn) and put the new roll on. The top piece is plastic, the rest of the stand is metal with a plastic bottom cover and rubber grips for the counter surface. For the most part mine stays in place during use.

I'll go over the pros and cons:

* PROS *

+ Weighted -- to keep it in place with use.
+ Aesthetics -- this looks nice with other S/S stuff in the kitchen.
+ Loading/Unloading -- easy with the 1/4 turn top.
+ Rubber grip -- limits the number of towels pulled when in a hurry.
+ Size -- holds all of the different sized rolls I have tried.

* CONS *

- Rubber grip -- collects paper towel lint.
- Plastic top -- I would have preferred a metal top.

* OVERALL *

I'm highly satisfied with this holder, it works well for me and the cons are a bit nit-picky as no paper towel holder is perfect, but I have no problem giving this one a five star review. For the price there aren't many out there which live up to the marketing.

Highly Recommended!

Inateck 2.4GHZ Handheld Wireless USB Automatic Laser Barcode Scanner (2.4GHZ Wireless & USB2.0 Wired) USB Rechargeable Barcode Bar-code Handscanner Storage of up to 2600 Code Entries, With Mini USB Receiver and USB Cable, Plug and Play - USB Charging
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice barcode scanner, June 3, 2014
I received a unit for review, so I decided to give it a try. I've used other barcode scanners in the workplace so I figured I could maybe shed some light on this item from my own experience.

First of all, it seems to be a well made item, it's lightweight which would be a plus if you were using this all day long, but still manages to feel very durable, it works as designed and would last many years with regular usage.

I'll go over this item from my perspective:

UNBOXING

It comes in what I would call a standard box, and standard packaging. Looking at the outside of the box I see on the front it says it is a 2.4G wireless barcode scanner, then on the left side it states that it uses standard bluetooth protocol. This perplexed me at first, I wasn't sure if it included both technologies or not. I went into bluetooth setup and found that the one I received does not include bluetooth. I see that the company offers a bluetooth version as well, so maybe they are just using one box for both items.

In the box are the handheld scanner, a six foot standard sized USB cable, a 2.4ghz dongle (standard USB also), and the Quick Start Guide.

The scanner itself came with a charge, so I was able to use it without having to wait for charging.

INSTRUCTIONS

After reviewing the quick start guide, I was still kind of confused as to how to set this up for use with my computer. On the quick start guide there are numerous barcodes to scan which program the handheld to do different functions -- for instance scanning different kinds of barcodes, or setting the unit into offline mode so the unit stores the barcodes without being connected to a computer. I visited the Inateck website hoping to find some instructions and there were none available.

SETUP

So, I plugged the 2.4gHz dongle into my Mac Mini and immediately the Keyboard Setup Assistant popped up, the Mac thought that the dongle was for a Keyboard. I didn't know what to do, as the assistant wanted me to click on a keyboard button... I figured that I would just pull the trigger on the scanner and see if that worked -- the scanner beeped, but the keyboard assistant popup didn't do anything.

Then I closed the assistant, opened my Database program (Bento) and tried scanning a barcode -- to my surprise the barcode was scanned and I realized it really didn't need any setup at all, it just plugs in and works.

USE

I maintain a home inventory in my Database, and prior to having this scanner I would have to go around the house with pen and paper to write down the serial numbers. I have bought some new items that I needed to enter so I decided to start scanning. I added a new entry in my Database, and put the cursor in the serial number field, then went to my garage, where I store the boxes of items still under warranty, and scanned the S/N of the first item, coming back to the computer the S/N field was populated with the number. It is easy to use this scanner, and I didn't need to program the scanner for the standard barcodes.

BATTERY

This comes with a rechargeable lithium ion battery built in, just plug it in via the USB cable and it charges. The unit has a red light on top to indicate when it's charging.

PRACTICAL USE

If you maintain a home inventory this item would be useful, it would definitely be heavily used to start your home inventory, and I will probably use it pretty regularly myself. If you have a small business inventory, for POS, or if you do a great deal of shipping and receiving this would be a heavily used item.

PROS:

+ Well built, yet lightweight
+ Plug-and-play
+ Long distance range with 2.4gHz
+ Scans many different types of barcodes
+ Lithium Ion rechargeable battery built in
+ Can store up to 2600 barcodes in offline mode

CONS:

- No user manual, and no user instructions on the website.

OVERALL

The item itself is solid, feels durable, and the price is incredibly inexpensive for a barcode scanner of this type. The ones I had used in the workplace were $2000 each, however they had things like a signature field for shipping and receiving.

Overall if you need a barcode scanner this is a good choice, it's plug-and-play and works well for it's intended purpose. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this scanner if you are in need of one.

Highly Recommended!

[4 Ports USB 3.0 Hub] Inateck Bus-Powered USB 3.0 4-Port Compact Hub with a Built-in 30CM USB 3.0 Cable Special for Laptops, Ultrabooks and Tablet PCs with USB Ports, Additional 5 Pin Micro Interface OTG Adapter Hub for USB On-The-Go Compatible Devices Smartphone and Tablets PC
Offered by Inateck Online
Price: $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent expansion hub for laptops and other devices!, May 9, 2014
I have many devices which have USB ports on them, and many devices which need to be plugged in to said ports, necessitating USB expansion to enable me to use all my devices.

This USB hub is an excellent choice for expanding your USB ports without the need to have an additional plug-in adapter for also charging them.

I'll go over some of the relevant details about the whole experience:

* Unboxing *

Nice premium looking packaging, has relevant information printed on the sides/back of the box. Included are the hub itself, and a return/exchange pamphlet printed in three different languages -- English, German, and what appears to be Chinese.

* First Impressions *

It has a durable look and feel to it, the top is a brushed aluminum with three USB inputs, all sides and back are a matte black plastic with one USB input on the end. It looks nice. The cable appears to be well shielded, which is important to me having so many devices. The connectors feel durable as well.

* Size and Weight *

The overall length (without the On The Go connector connected) is 16 3/4", the Hub itself is 4 1/4" length, 1 1/4" width, 3/4" high. The relevant cord length is 1 foot. The whole thing ways in a 2 1/2 oz. It feels sturdy -- yet lightweight which would be great for laptop or smartphone use.

* Attachments *

This comes with the standard USB and an On The Go (OTG) adapter. The OTG adapter is designed for use with things like smartphones and tablets which have a Micro-USB input/output built into them. The adapter is connected to the cable with a durable feeling rubberized plastic keeper, so you won't lose the adapter (nice touch). Unfortunately I don't have anything to use the adapter with.

* Use *

It works well, I've used it on my Mac Mini and TV and it does what you would expect, adding extra USB ports and also charging things like mobile phones. I used it to plug in my iPhone and charge at the same time. It's plug and play, so no additional software or drivers are needed.

* Pros *

+ Attractive unit.
+ Lightweight yet durable.
+ Adequate cable length.
+ Cable seems well shielded and durable.
+ Two possible connection types, standard USB or Micro USB (OTG).
+ Four USB 3.0 ports.

* Overall *

I can't think of any cons for this unit, it does what is expected and then a little extra with the micro-USB OTG connector. It's a solid unit and is reasonably priced in my opinion.

Overall Highly Recommended!

Samsung UN55H7150 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Samsung UN55H7150 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Smart LED TV
Price: $1,397.99
32 used & new from $1,223.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful TV, super slim and light! *updated*, April 27, 2014
// Update June 15 2014 //

** Smart View function **

I just wanted to kind of go into what someone can do with the Smart View function of the TV. I've had time to play around with it a little bit and so far am quite impressed. I'm using an iPad and iPhone with this app, I'm certain that the same type of function is available if you have a compatible Android device as well.

+ You can watch TV on the portable device, while you do other things on the TV, for instance I have my Mac Mini attached to the TV and am editing this right now while watching TV on my iPad. I have also played my game consoles on the TV screen while watching TV on the tablet.

+ You can walk around the house with the portable device, for instance if you need to do something while watching your favorite show you won't miss what is happening. I've been able to walk all around the house and it worked everywhere I went. For me, I can see this being super useful during football season!

+ You can control the TV remotely, it has a very nice remote control screen and it works well.

Things you cannot do:

- You cannot use two portable devices at one time to view TV.

- You cannot view game consoles or a computer on the remote screen and watch TV on the TV monitor. This would be super nice if they would add it.

Minor issue:

- There is a few millisecond difference between the TV and mobile device, so if you're watching in the same room it's a little weird. I guess this is really to be expected though.

** Game Mode **

There is a game mode in the Menu selection. This mode makes video games SUPER smooth. I just thought I would mention it since I don't believe anyone else has. When I switch to PS4/PS3 I turn on this mode and it really makes the action smooth.

** 3D **

You can adjust the 3D depth in the settings, the 3D looks great depending on the source. I've watched several 3D movies and these active shutter glasses aren't as annoying as some of the other manufacturers glasses out there. 2D to 3D works as well as you can expect it to, it does add a neat depth to sources without 3D. I don't use that very often. One thing that is nice about the 3D glasses for this TV is the cost, they are only around $20 per pair, so it's not a big lift to buy extra ones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited Review Follows

I just upgraded to this TV from a six year old Mitsubishi TV which unfortunately began having a LCD issue. I really didn't want to buy a new TV yet, but as it is...

I decided on this model due to price and features. Important features to me included being at least a 55", LED backlighting, Wi-Fi, 3D, and HDMI 1.4a for the Audio Return Channel (ARC). This TV met all of my requirements and includes many extra features as well.

The TV itself is super slim, it's about 1/3 as thick as my Mitsubishi TV was (it was a CCFL backlight LCD), it's also really lightweight and has a really super-thin bezel -- and I thought the bezel on my Mit was thin!

The contrast and clarity of the screen is very good, much better than my old set. The LCD runs on the cool side of the color spectrum -- which is what I like. When set to "cool" in the settings it comes out too blue, I usually set my LCD's to cool but on this one I went with the normal setting as it is already cool enough.

There are tons of built in features with this TV, however I'll discuss some of the ones I've already ran into problems with below.

* Unboxing *

Well packaged, Apple-esq packaging. I received this with the Amazon Enhanced service, so it was unboxed, assembled, and tested by the delivery person (nice touch). In the box is the TV, Stand, a Standard Remote, a Smart remote (which functions a little like a touchpad in the air), an IR extender, and two sets of active shutter 3D glasses. Included also is a user manual and all the usual paperwork.

* Installation *

Easy. I watched the delivery guy assemble -- it had two stand pieces that had to be installed on the back of the unit with bolts, then attached to the stand with bolts. It took him about two or three minutes to assemble and it was ready to plug in and go.

With the Audio Return Channel there are few wires actually going to the TV. I have two HDMI cables, the one from my receiver and one from a security camera DVR, the power cord, and the included IR receiver extender.

* Setup *

Again, easy. It walks you through the usual internet connection settings, and other settings. It's truly Apple-esq.

* Video *

The video clarity is very good, it's very crisp, clean. I popped in Planet Earth and found it to be somewhat better looking on this TV vs. my old TV. The LED backlighting is very even on this TV, I haven't found any "flashlighting" or anything like that. Contrast is very good for a LED LCD, blacks are black without much clipping, and whites are white.

* Audio *

The built in speakers are pretty good, haven't used them much as I use a receiver. It's pretty much what you can expect from a TV today.

* Smart TV *

Ok, this is both good and bad, the smart TV functions very well and is fast with the quad-core processor, however I have ran into some problems with some of the features. Apps work as expected, but the web browser is not so good, it's hard to use without a keyboard and mouse connected -- that in and of itself isn't unexpected, but I tried using it with the Picture in Picture (PIP) function and it didn't release the audio back to the TV upon completion of use, forcing me to unplug the TV and replug to get audio back. In addition it doesn't work with sites like the History Channel for streaming shows, a big deal-breaker for me. This is why I never use these web browsers.

* App connectivity *

It works, you need the Smart View 2 app from the app store. The app says that it is for 2014 and newer TV's, and this is a 2013 TV, however it works. You will get a prompt on iDevices which says something about an older version, click cancel, connect to the TV (enter pin number that pops up on the TV screen), and begin using the app. It works great, I've had a few hiccups, but no big deal.

* Inputs/Outputs *

Probably adequate for most modern setups, however many of the outputs on the back of the unit are not recessed, that might be a problem for some who wish to wall mount this TV.

- Recessed

Three HDMI inputs, three USB inputs, one Coax for Over the Air (antenna) or Cable.

- Not recessed

One HDMI input, a combined component/composite input, ethernet, IR extender, a 3.5mm audio out, digital optical out (toslink), and another output I don't know what it's for...

* Build Quality *

The unit feels solid and looks nice. The stand is stainless steel looking, it goes well with stainless/black components.

I'll go over the pros and cons:

PROS

+ Appearance -- Looks nice, slim, sleek, thin bezel, nice stand.
+ LCD -- Great picture quality, video is smooth, and the LED lighting is very good to great.
+ SmartTV -- Most of the apps work as expected, and there are lots of apps to choose from.
+ Setup/Use -- Easy to setup and use, the Wi-Fi works well with everything I have.
+ Size/Weight -- Super slim, weighs very little. This would be easy to wall mount.

CONS

- Physical connections -- Some aren't recessed, might make it more difficult to wall mount, depending on your mount.
- Web Browser -- It's not as full functioning as they might want you to believe.
- PIP function -- Didn't work right with the Web Browser, as I stated above it didn't release the audio to the TV upon completion of using the web browser.

Overall:

I like it, it was definitely worth the money in my opinion and it's a big upgrade for me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this TV to most people. If you are looking to wall mount this you may need to find a mount which will allow for the inputs/outputs which are not recessed, but that's probably not going to be a problem.

Highly recommended, but with a few caveats.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 20, 2014 8:36 AM PDT

Sony STR-DN1040 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Built-in Wi-fi & Bluetooth)
Sony STR-DN1040 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Built-in Wi-fi & Bluetooth)
Price: $399.00
30 used & new from $298.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a serious receiver for the money!, April 27, 2014
I bought this recently to replace my older Sony STR DG810 (6.1 Channel). Since I already have six speakers, I needed at least a 6.1 channel system, but no one seems to sell those systems anymore, everything has gone to 7.1/7.2 channels and up. Fortunately with these seven channel systems you can use just six speakers with the setup. The reason I upgraded was due to needing a new TV, and getting one with the Audio Return Channel (ARC), and 3D (HDMI v1.4a), my DG810 only had HDMI v1.2 and was unable to use many of the newer features.

This system is pretty big upgrade for me, the sound quality is quite a bit better than my old receiver, particularly when playing music -- my Sony speakers have never sounded this good.

My current setup is this receiver with a PS3, PS4, Samsung UN55H7150, Apple Time Capsule, and an Apple Mac Mini. The CEC control works flawlessly with the PS4 and Samsung TV. My other devices don't support CEC.

With the PS4 and Mac Mini I can now use the various different audio mixes (multi-channel, Pro Logic IIx/z, etc...). I wasn't able to use those with my old system, it would only output two channel sound even with the proper Audio Midi setup on the Mac Mini.

I'll do a quick overview of the pros/cons:

PROS:

+ Eight HDMI inputs, more than I need and probably most people, but nice for future-proofing for a while.
+ Wi-fi -- Works flawlessly, easily, no problems encountered on my end.
+ Bluetooth -- Haven't used it yet extensively, but it works.
+ Airplay -- It works well, surprisingly well as Sony rarely supports anything Apple. I've streamed from both iPhone and iPad with no issues.
+ Lots of power -- As is the case with most systems, it's more than you'll probably need.
+ Step-up build quality -- I don't really know what the definition of this is, but the unit feels solid, well built.
+ Second Zone support -- Some use this feature I guess, just know it is un-amplified so you'll need amps in the other zone.
+ On Screen Display (OSD) -- Simple, Fast, Easy to use. With my new TV it automatically senses the OSD and switches to the appropriate input to display it. With an older display, you may have to manually change sources to see it. That was the case with my older TV (talking about one mfg six years ago).
+ Full CEC support -- Sony calls this "Bravia Sync", but it's standard CEC and works with my new TV and PS4 flawlessly. Did not work with my Mitsubishi, again from six years ago. This was probably due to the HDMI version on the TV, it was HDMI 1.2 which did not support all of the new CEC commands.
+ Support for Deep Color (X.v) -- This is a wider color gamut for TV displays.
+ Two Subwoofer Outputs -- Not a big deal since subs are self amplified and can be split/daisy chained, but it's nice to have.
+ Multiple possible speaker configurations -- You could use 5.x, 6.x, 7.x in traditional configurations or instead use two front "high" speakers in addition to your 5.x setup. It really is pretty flexible in terms of speaker setup.
+ Audio Return Channel HDMI output -- This is super nice, with my old system and TV setup I had to use both an HDMI for video from the receiver to the TV and a Digital Coax back to the reciever for sound. Now it's all in one cable.
+ Two monitor/TV HDMI outputs -- Nice to have, although I can't imagine how I might use it. I guess you could have a HDMI run into another room with a TV there, or have two screens side-by-side, I don't know, it's a nice option to have though.
+ HDMI v1.4 -- Support for the before mentioned expanded CEC commands, Audio Return Channel, Deep Color, Ethernet (though I haven't used it), and also 3D, which is super nice with my PS3 for watching movies and playing games.

CONS:

- Height -- This one is about two inches taller than my older system, forcing me to do some reconfiguring in my entertainment center.
- Heat -- It also gets hotter than my old system, not a huge deal and not unreasonably hot, but I did decide to install a fan in my entertainment center to keep it from overheating. Speaking of that --
- No switched power outlet -- My older system had one for using something like a fan in an entertainment center.

Overall:

I'm liking it, it's much easier to setup and use than my old system was due to the On Screen Display and full CEC support. The Wi-fi and Airplay functions are worth the upgrade in my opinion, and the sound quality is probably best in its class. I think the cons that I've listed are mostly to be expected with a unit like this, those are just things I noticed when comparing my old system with this one. Most people might not even notice them.

This is a great system, I hope it lasts as long as my old system. I wouldn't hessitate to recommend this receiver, it received a CNET best receiver award due to it's many features and sound quality.

Five Stars! Highly Recommended!

Ortofon SH-4 Silver Cartridge Shell
Ortofon SH-4 Silver Cartridge Shell
Offered by Desert Sun Toys
Price: $28.99
12 used & new from $28.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Attractive headshell, April 6, 2014
This is a nice headshell, it looks great with stainless/chrome tonearms.

I recently purchased a used turntable which didn't include a headshell or cartridge and wanted a headshell to complement my tonearm, I liked the look of this one in particular because it has a more premium look than most of the others on Amazon.

📦 Unboxing

Well packaged in a premium looking plastic container, secured well within. Cartridge mounting bolts are included in the box.

🔨 Construction

Made from aluminum, matte appearance. It feels solid to me, and looks great. The larger finger lift is nice for big fingers. All terminals are gold plated, and fit the cartridge I got for it exactly.

📐 Specs

Weight: 0.94g
Length: 51.5mm
Finger lift length: 27mm

📎 I attached this to a Audio-Technica AT95E cartridge, it fits perfectly aside from the long wires on the headshell having to be pushed back a little. Pretty standard.

PROS:

+ Nice looking
+ Solid feel
+ Gold plated connectors
+ Larger finger lift
+ Well packaged

CONS:

- The larger finger lift on my table at least bumps into the top of the dust cover when the tonearm is returning, so with the dust over down the tonearm will not re-seat. Not a biggie for me, as I rarely play it with the dust cover down.

OVERALL:

Really nice headshell, there isn't that much to these things so appearance for me was the main deciding factor.

Highly recommended!

TCC TC-400G/L RIAA Phono Preamp, Pre-amp (Preamplifier)
TCC TC-400G/L RIAA Phono Preamp, Pre-amp (Preamplifier)
Offered by phonopreamps_com
Price: $29.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent inexpensive pre amp for turntables, April 4, 2014
I recently purchased a used turntable as I'm starting to get back into vinyl again, and one thing about most modern receivers is they don't have phono inputs. The thing is in order to use a turntable on a modern receiver you'll need to bring it to "line-level" to plug it into those aux inputs. This pre amp is designed just for that -- it amplifies the signal for line level inputs. There are several other inexpensive options here on amazon, but if you look closely, you'll find most of them do not have a ground wire attachment. That's important with turntables -- they generate some electricity as with anything moving, and that will cause a hum in your equipment. This unit does not suffer from that.

I'll do a cursory overview:

PROS

+ Works well
+ Ground wire attachment
+ Comes with all RCA cables and AC adapter needed (unless you have a really long run)
+ Small footprint, wall mountable
+ On/off switch on the power cord for easy use
+ Nice looking unit

I can't think of any cons, it works for what it is intended to do. I'm sure this is no audiophile dream amp, if you're looking for that you'll need to spend significantly more. This particular company sells higher end pre amps if you are looking for that, however, this will satisfy most turntable users.

OVERALL

Highly recommended!

Kirkland Signature Premium Quality Aluminum Foil RK611 - 12" x 1000'
Kirkland Signature Premium Quality Aluminum Foil RK611 - 12" x 1000'
Offered by TheShops
Price: $34.49
12 used & new from $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, it will last for years and will fit many peoples needs, April 2, 2014
I bought this as I finally ran out of my Reynolds 624 foil which I had bought about seven years ago. I figured that since it has the Kirkland (Costco) branding, it couldn't be that bad. And it's not "bad", but it's certainly much thinner than my previous stuff -- way thinner. This isn't food service quality here, and if you are wanting (or needing) that quality you will not like this foil. It is so thin that you will rip it frequently while cutting it from the package, and I can see myself having to double it up to do things like baking potatoes.

However, for a home user this stuff is probably ok, and one really big upside is that you will be able to store this in a regular sized cabinet -- something I could not do with my old roll -- I had to store it in my garage pantry due to its large size.

I'll go over the pros and the cons:

PROS

+ Small footprint for easy storage.
+ 1000 ft roll should last for at least 6 or more years.
+ Availabe with prime shipping.

CONS

- Thin, it will have to be doubled up for baking often -- negating the 1000 ft pro.
- Tears easily.
- Not food service quality.

OVERALL

I recommend this for the home user only, but for the price it's a fair deal, just don't expect food service quality with this one. If you need thicker quality move up to the Reynolds 624 or 620, they cost a lot more, but if that's what you need, that's what you need.

Recommended with caveats.

PlayStation 4 Console
PlayStation 4 Console
Price: $399.00
337 used & new from $320.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The PS4 is the system to get this generation!, March 23, 2014
This review is from: PlayStation 4 Console (Video Game)
I bought mine in February, when I spotted it at a local retailer. I had been in several times looking for one, and when I spotted this one on the shelf it went straight into my basket! It's a great system, but not flawless.

I'll go over some of the pros and cons:

PROS:

+ Horse Power -- this is a powerful console as expected, on par with many mid-range gaming rigs.

+ Improved GUI -- I like the simple layout of the new user interface, though it does take a little getting used to.

+ Components -- it comes with fast RAM, a Blu-Ray drive, and modern inputs & outputs.

+ Standby mode -- nice feature to keep your system software up to date when you're not using the system, and improves system startup times.

+ Controller -- big improvement over the PS3 controller! I like the look and feel better, and the addition of the touch-pad is promising.

+ Footprint -- the shape and size of this makes it pretty appealing to the eye, and is easy to find a spot for in an entertainment center.

+ Games! -- while there are only a few blockbuster titles right now, they are among the best experiences one can have on any machine. Killzone SF was fun, Infamous SS is stellar! The Order 1886 is in the works and so is a new Uncharted!!! The games on the PS4 are the most important purchasing factor in my mind at least, and you cannot experience them on any other machine.

CONS:

- Build Quality -- though well built I would say, it doesn't feel as solid as the PS3 does to me, I'm comparing to a 60gb launch model PS3...

- Needs some software updates -- there are certain features which need to be added at this point, for example it doesn't play CD's as of yet, won't read external HDD's, can't store MP3's, etc... I'm sure these are all coming, but if your looking at this for purchase as of this writing it's a consideration if that stuff is important to you.

OVERALL

Sony did a terrific job this go around, just as they did last gen. Probably the biggest difference this time is they made this affordable for most people early on, this is going to benefit gamers as more games will be coming out for it sooner.

Overall this is a 5 star system, most of the cons are due to the early software release, and will be remedied in time. I would not hesitate to pick this one up!

5 Stars!