Profile for N. Krumpe > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 574

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

N. Krumpe RSS Feed (Ohio)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
iPhone 6 Battery Case [Ultra Thin] - UNU DX-Free iPhone 6 Battery Case 4.7 inch [Rubberized Black] - MFI Apple Certified 2400mAh External Protective iPhone 6 Charging Case / iPhone 6 Charger Case [Ultra Thin 12.9mm] Rechargeable Extended Portable Charger Backup Battery Pack Cover Cases Fit with Any Version of Apple iPhone 6 4.7 inch (a.k.a iPhone 6 Battery Pack / iPhone 6 Power Case / iPhone 6 USB Juice Bank / iPhone 6 Battery Charger)
Offered by UNUCASE
Price: $69.99
5 used & new from $40.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Thin case, with a somewhat quirky power button, April 23, 2015
This is indeed a very thin charging case. I have another iPhone 6 charging case, ZVOLTZ ZT6 iPhone 6 Battery Case. This UNU is noticeably thinner. However, it is also slightly longer and slightly wider than the ZVOLTZ case.

For me, this case is a great size...fits nicely in the front pocket of my jeans. I prefer the slightly thinner size, despite the longer, wider dimensions.

A couple other notes:
The case is fairly easy to put on: It's two pieces. First, slide the phone onto the flat back piece. Then, the bumper piece snaps around the edge of the phone, connecting to the back piece. A couple times, I thought it was completely snapped on, but noticed later that there was a snap I had missed...just be careful.

It is fairly easy to remove, as well. There is a little slot on the top end where you can stick a fingernail (or, say, the edge of a knife) to pry the two pieces apart. I don't mind using my fingernail, but others might.

The button for turning the battery case on and off is a little sticky sometimes, and doesn't always work as expected. For the most part, I've gotten used to the quirks, but others might get frustrated.

All in all, I'm happy with the case. I've gotten used to the routine of putting on the case and taking it off, and I've gotten used to the quirky power button. It does a nice job of providing extra power to my phone...very useful in those situations when I can't get to a charger.

Reviewer note: I received this case free for the purpose of testing and reviewing.

Clear-Ad - Clear Acrylic Brochure Holder - Slant Back trifold Brochure Holder Display Stand (Single Pack)
Offered by Clear-Ad
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for the price!, April 23, 2015
This is a nice looking, functional brochure holder. The acrylic was a bit thinner than I was expecting...it bends a bit if pressure is applied. Consequently it is a bit lighter than I was expecting.

But if all you are going to do is set it on a desk with brochures in it, then no one will ever notice the thickness or the weight of it. It does a great job!

I received this brochure holder free for the purpose of testing and reviewing.

Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Hershey's Nuggets Milk Chocolate with Toffee and Almonds, 60 Ounce
Price: $29.95
2 used & new from $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone really likes these!, April 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It's unanimous...everyone loves these. The chocolate has kind of a nice creamy taste and texture. The contrasting crunch of the toffee and almond bits is very satisfying. There is a noticeable but not overpowering taste of toffee. This is, first and foremost, a chocolate treat, with the toffee and almonds providing a subtle accent.

I've shared these with family. I've brought them in to work. Everyone really likes them.

Add to this that the individually wrapped pieces have a somewhat "elegant" appearance (at least compared to the typical mini chocolates you see during Halloween).

Metrokane 6128 Rabbit Wine Pourers with Stoppers, Silver, Set of 2
Metrokane 6128 Rabbit Wine Pourers with Stoppers, Silver, Set of 2
Price: $15.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheaply made. One broke almost immediately., April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My initial impression was that these are rather cheaply made. This was confirmed when one broke almost immediately.

There is a little "switch" that is supposed to lock to keep the wine sealed. In attempting to lock it on one of the stoppers, the switch broke off. The other works fine though. I usually think of Metrokane as a company that produces elegant, high-quality wine accessories. These stoppers have neither of those qualities.

By contrast, I have used a similar device from OXO that works much better and is much more solidly constructed.

Curel Fragrance Free Lotion, 20 Fl Oz
Curel Fragrance Free Lotion, 20 Fl Oz
Price: $6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not a "lotion person", but I love how this works on my hands., April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Here in the midwest, the tail-end of winter still leaves me with dry hands. I have never been much of a "lotion person", but my wife and son convinced me to try this on my hands.

The verdict: I am now a lotion person. After rubbing the lotion into my hands, it leaves a comforting smooth feeling for several hours. It's hard to explain. My hands feel a bit less dry, and they don't feel at all greasy. And, there is no scent, which matters a lot to me.

I'm hesitant to believe the claim that this lotion works for 24 hours. Is the assumption that I will not wash my hands for 24 hours? Won't it stop working once my hands are washed?

Regardless, I find the lotion to be highly effective for dry hands from the time I put it on until several hours later. Highly recommended.

ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather Snap-On Case for iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Tangerine
Price: $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant design, slim profile, and the leather feels great, April 11, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second ullu case I have had the pleasure of testing and reviewing. I love the grippy texture of the leather, and the slim profile. It is priced a bit high compared to other cases that offer similar protection. But it is so well built that it is easy to justify that extra cost.

This is not a case designed for protection from drops. It is too thin to help much in those situations. But if you are looking for a way to protect the back and edges of the phone, and if "thin" is important to you, then this is a case worth considering.

One other note: The way this case barely wraps around the front of the phone means that if you place the phone face down on the table, there is a VERY narrow gap between the glass and the table. One reviewer noted that there was no gap, but I did not find this to be the situation with the case I received. I tested this by trying to slide a piece of paper between the phone and the table when the phone is face down. It is possible to do this. Note that the case comes with an adhesive protective film that you can put on the glass. I am not a fan of such films, and so I am not using it. It is possible, if you apply the adhesive film, that it will fill the gap between the glass and the table.

Having said that, this may not be the case for everyone. We all use cases for different reasons, depending on our needs. If you are looking for drop protection, this is not the right choice. If you are looking for a case with a slim profile, it is great.

Magic-T Bundle of 10 Slim Stylus/Styli Capacitive Touch Screen Pen/Ballpoint pen for iPhone 6 plus 5S 5 4S Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3 Note 4 3 HTC One M8 LG G2 G3 and All Touch Screen Devices (Family Pack/10pcs)
Offered by Magic-T
Price: $29.99
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great deal! But a couple of my pens' tips have holes that are too small., April 7, 2015
First, if you have ever shopped for a stylus (or stylus/pen combination), then you know that the typical price for ONE tends to start around ten dollars or more. So, I was skeptical that a TEN-pack of stylus pens could be any good when the per-stylus cost is less than a dollar.

Now I know...everyone else is over charging for their styli. These are a great deal. The pens write well right out of the package (none of that scribble-until-it-starts-to-write stuff). The stylus works well on my iOS devices (and should work on any mobile device with a standard capacitive touchscreen).

One gripe: the ends on a couple of the pens have holes that are a bit too small...twisting the pen to use the ink on those pens is a bit troublesome...I have to use a bit too much force. This would bother me more if I didn't have an entire ten-pack of pens, but a couple bad pen-tips out of the pack seem like a minor inconvenience. If you are getting these pens and need all ten of them to be perfect, you may be disappointed.

So, other than a couple bad tips, this is a really really good deal!

Reviewer note: I received these pens/styli for free for the purpose of testing and reviewing.

Aleratec Natural Bamboo Adjustable Laptop Stand Up to 15in Folding Bed Table
Aleratec Natural Bamboo Adjustable Laptop Stand Up to 15in Folding Bed Table
Offered by Aleratec
Price: $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very functional. Bamboo has a nice look and feel., April 5, 2015
When I first unpacked this laptop stand, I was immediately impressed with the look and feel.

The bamboo has a nice, smooth, natural feel to it. The top appears to be one solid piece of bamboo that was precisely cut to provide the two pieces (one hinged, one stationary). That cut is barely visible...the two pieces fit together very nicely.

Note that there is a drawer on this stand. There is no "assembly information" included with the stand, so it is easy to overlook that there is a piece in that drawer that you attach to the top. I almost thought this piece was omitted, but then remembered the drawer.

There is much to like about this (adjustable angle of the top, adjustable legs), but I have a couple minor gripes: First, the smell. When I unpacked it, I noticed an odd almost pungent smell. It has pretty much gone away after a few days, but it was just a surprise. The other issue: the four plastic adjustable knobs have a cheap look and feel to them, in contrast to the rest of the stand. So, while the bamboo has a look of elegance, those plastic knobs detract from that elegance.

Still, it is a nice, highly functional stand. Good for in bed, but also good if you would like to turn your desk into a "standing desk".

Reviewer note: I received this stand free for the purpose of testing and reviewing

ullu Handcrafted Premium Leather Snap-On Case for iPhone 6 - Retail Packaging - Mud Slide/Brown
Price: $55.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant design, feels great in my hand. Love it!, March 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I absolutely love the look and feel of this case. It snaps on gently but firmly, and stays on. It is pretty quickly removed (good for me for when I want to pop it into my favorite armband). The leather has a nice feel, smooth but grippy enough. "Elegant" is the best word I can think of for the design of this case.

Side note...my 15-year-old son tried the case and found that with his smaller hands, he found the power on/off button on the right side to be a little harder to reach with his index when using the phone in his left hand. I did NOT experience this problem (I find the design to be perfect for my hands).

Ultra BRIGHT LED Headlamp - 200% More Comfortable with EXTENDED Battery Life - Fully Adjustable - Includes Red Beam - Fully Dimmable - Strobe Light - 100% Water Resistant - Perfect for: Camping, Running, Fishing, Reading, Hunting, DIY & Much More - Now With a Lifetime Warranty --3*AAA Batteries Included-- Atomic Black - Divine LEDs
Offered by Divine LEDs
Price: $67.99
3 used & new from $22.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and comfortable. But the manual is mostly useless., March 28, 2015
For my needs, this a very bright light that frees up my hands when I'm outside in the dark. The band is comfortable and easy to adjust, and I like the ability to change between flood lighting or spot lighting. The whole package seems well constructed.

The problem, as other reviewers have pointed out: The manual is absolutely incorrect as to how to use it. I was starting to think that the lamp was defective. It is not. The instructions are defective. The instructions suggest that normal operation is to turn on the lamp and then use 1-second presses to cycle between the various modes. Nope. That's not how it works. Instead:

Press the power button and the spotlight will come on.
Press it again to turn it off.
Press it again and now you are in floodlight mode.
So, you can cycle between these two modes by turning it off and then on again.

But wait, there's more...
In either spotlight or floodlight mode, pressing and holding the button will act as a dimmer. I like this feature a lot. It is not mentioned in the manual, anywhere.

Still more...
From the off state, do a quick triple-click and you will turn on the strobe mode for the floodlights.

Still more...
From the off state, press and hold and the red LED will turn on. Now, turn it off. Triple-click will make the red LED flash on and off. Not sure how this is useful. Once you are in red LED mode, you can switch back to the spot/flood modes by turning off the light and then turning it on by pressing the button for a few seconds.

Note that there is no SOS mode (at least not that I have been able to discover). SOS is a very specific light pattern...short short short, long long long, short short short. Instead, this lamp can either flash the floodlight on/off repeatedly, or the red LED repeatedly.

Were it not for the confusing manual, I would give this a 5-star review. But it really detracts from the light overall.

Reviewer note: I received this headlamp free for the purpose of testing and reviewing.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20