Profile for CaliReader > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

CaliReader RSS Feed (Concord, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns
by Kristin Omdahl
Price: $15.08
60 used & new from $7.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Really gorgeous patterns., December 23, 2014
Love this book. Beautiful designs. Looking forward to making the lacy shawls. The diagrams are super helpful. It's nice to see stylish and beautiful patterns. very nice.

Exquisite Crochet Shawls
Exquisite Crochet Shawls
by Cristina Mershon
Price: $8.95
48 used & new from $3.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Very lovely designs, December 23, 2014
Really like the designs in this book. Looking forward to my first project from these designs.

Rustic Modern Crochet: 18 Designs Inspired by Nature
Rustic Modern Crochet: 18 Designs Inspired by Nature
by Yumiko Alexander
Price: $17.09
58 used & new from $11.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool and different designs, December 23, 2014
I am an intermediate / Advanced crochetter. I love the designs in this book. My first project will be the cover project. I find that most patterns I crochet have errors in them, but it is nice to know the corrections are posted on the author's site. Looking forward to these projects.

Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
by Doris Chan
19 used & new from $34.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, lacy, feminine inspirational pattern book., December 23, 2014
I am an avid crochetter and prefer lacy feminine patterns when crochetting shawls, ponchos, etc. I love the patterns in this book. Love the lacy shrugs. I agree with the reviewer who said that many of the patterns in this book are for the slimmer more petite figure. I do not wish to reveal my not-so-ideal shape; however, I do find the lacy and feminine styles inspirational and I do wear lacy shawls, and scarves. I will make most of the designs in this book for myself and my more petite friends. This book to me is worth the money I paid.

Midnight in Garden of Good & Evil
Midnight in Garden of Good & Evil
DVD ~ Kevin Spacey
Price: $7.49
34 used & new from $5.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, May 12, 2014
Great movie. I do love Clint Eastwood movies. Great acting, great plot, very intriguing, quirky characters. Good entertainment and interesting that it is based on true events.

The Headless Cupid with Illustrations by Alton Raible.
The Headless Cupid with Illustrations by Alton Raible.
16 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book as a kid, April 24, 2014
I read this book as a kid in 7th grade. I loved it. Loved the characters and the hint of creepiness. Im going to purchase a copy of this and send it to my niece.

Farewell to Manzanar
Farewell to Manzanar
by James D. Houston
Price: $7.39
173 used & new from $0.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, April 8, 2014
This review is from: Farewell to Manzanar (Paperback)
I just finished reading this book. It is wonderful. It is a personal heartfelt account of the author's experience being relocated, living in and being moved out of the internment camps. This is truly a great read. The author mentions how she felt being gawked at by classmates and how it felt to be treated like a 3rd class citizen by whites. This is such an important book. Everyone should read this book. It has been required reading in many schools, but not in any of the classes I was in. I am so glad I have read this book. Imagine losing everything, being hauled away to an internment camp and then once you are released, you have to find you way again. This is a good perspective on yet another embarrassing chapter in the history of the United States and of the resiliency of a people very much discriminated against.

The Afterlife of Billy Fingers: How My Bad-Boy Brother Proved to Me There's Life After Death
by Annie Kagan
Price: $11.30
58 used & new from $9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great enlightening story, March 20, 2014
I love this story. Love Billy's descriptions of what he goes through and where he is and his truth about his mortal life. This is a beautiful enlightening read. I have always believed in an after life and a prelife. These books from people who share their experiences are very affirming and have always made me view life in our mortal state very differently.

A Big Little Life
A Big Little Life
by Dean Koontz
Price: $12.81
65 used & new from $4.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful tribute to a wonderful friend, March 7, 2014
This review is from: A Big Little Life (Paperback)
I received this book as a gift for my b'day this year. What a wonderful gift. Mr. Koontz has blessed us all with his heartfelt memoir of a much beloved friend. This memoir is beautifully written--clever, funny, heart wrenching. FABULOUS!

Men's Bucket Hat Size XXL - Stone
Men's Bucket Hat Size XXL - Stone
Offered by Mineola Hat Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Dad loves it, February 26, 2014
Got this for my dad for Christmas. He needs a hat to work in the yard in the sun. He LOVES it. Liked the color too. Nice soft fabric. Comfortable to wear. Fits him perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13