Profile for Luke's Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 152

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Luke's Mom RSS Feed (Texas)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Have a New Teenager by Friday: From Mouthy and Moody to Respectful and Responsible in 5 Days
by Kevin Leman
Price: $11.98
63 used & new from $6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book! Practical and you can use it TODAY!, June 10, 2014
My child is 10 but these issues still apply and you can still use these techniquest! The wording is natural. Sometimes, even though I love Love and Logic, the empathy doesn't come naturally to me when I' m angry. This book is much more natural for the average person. I think getting calm and committing yourself to a fresh approach is crucial. Dr. Leman is excellent at giving you hands-on practice, verbatim examples of what to say and I really enjoy reading stories about other families- that helps me. This is a great manual. Luckily, our issues have tamed down,, and yes, the words I learned from this book helped a lot! I have it on my nightstand in case it (and when it does) rears up its ugly head again at 12, 13, 14, 15, etc.

MCS MBI Sport and Hobby Postbound Album 12-Inch-by-12-Inch Page , 13.2 x12.5 Album , Baseball Theme
Price: $13.40
18 used & new from $6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars cute album, June 10, 2014
This is a 12x12 album for photos etc to slide in from the top. The price was right and it is perfect to hold a yearly/ by season view of my son's team photos and collector cards! I am putting all sports in the baseball book because that makes sense.

Bulb Syringe Aspirator
Bulb Syringe Aspirator
Offered by JDCSupplies
Price: $2.36
11 used & new from $0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the reviews!, June 10, 2014
Without your reviews, I would have never been able to discern online which is the coveted hospital-style bulb syringe that has lasted me 7 years! I have had the others that don't suck and are too rubbery or not rubbery enough, but my teeny hospital one and this one were the best! I just bought this for a new mom as her backup. Thanks!

Smiley Daisy Essential Oil Diffuser - Cool Mist Humidifier - Energy Saving Quiet Electric Ultrasonic Technology - Best Fragrance Scented Oil Aromatherapy Diffuser with 7 Color Changing LED Lamps and Mist Mode Adjustment - Waterless Auto Shut-off - Run 3 hours in Continous Mist Mode - Portable for Home, Yoga, Office, SPA, Bedroom - Great for Room Size of 10*15 SqFt - with 180 days Product Replacement Warranty ONLY WHEN YOU PURCHASE FROM SMILEY DAISY
Offered by Smiley Daisy
Price: $44.97
2 used & new from $44.97

3.0 out of 5 stars It diffused fine, but not for 10X15 room, June 10, 2014
I returned it. My room is 10X15 as advertised, but it didn't diffuse far enough for me to even smell the oils from my bed. I found a diffuser half the cost that did that. It works fine, but just not for a room bigger than probably 10x10. I think I'm going to try the Young Living diffuser that comes with their membership, as I saw one at a friend's house and it seemed to really push the mist out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 4:19 PM PDT

Hospital's Choice Fold Up Nail Clippers
Hospital's Choice Fold Up Nail Clippers
Offered by Baby SuperMall
Price: $1.99
6 used & new from $0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars The best!, June 10, 2014
I know they make these with a huge bulb on them now, but I still use the pairs of these I had from 10.5 years ago when my son was born. I clip my 10 and 4 year olds' nails with these and they are steady and perfect and still clip fine. Just bought a pair for a new mom-to-be friend, and have gifted them in the past. These are all you need! And maybe some reading glasses and good light!

Kirkman Labs - Magnesium Sulfate Cream 4 oz
Kirkman Labs - Magnesium Sulfate Cream 4 oz
Offered by Crown Organic Exchange
Price: $23.75
4 used & new from $19.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to be working well, June 10, 2014
my 10 year old is dealing with tics and occasional muscle twitches. This is a good way to get mag sulfate in him without constant Epsom salt baths. I think it's helping. Need to update in 6 months.

Aromatherapy Glass Roll On Bottles, Frost Cobalt Blue-Set of 6
Aromatherapy Glass Roll On Bottles, Frost Cobalt Blue-Set of 6
Offered by PerfumeTrader
Price: $12.49

3.0 out of 5 stars seem ok, only lost one ball, June 10, 2014
I have filled 3 of them and lost one ball. I'm not sure they are better than others at this point, but they are ok. I guess the design of roller bottles is just destined to fail part of the time. Sad when we settle for partially functional. Hopefully my next three won't lose more than one ball. That's wasted oil.

6/2014- I lost another ball- I smacked it back in hard and that seemed to help. Not really sure what the fix is. Seems like this is an inherent roller ball problem. Somehow my deodorant never does this!

Night Sky Fleece Covered Hot Water Bottle - Made in Germany
Night Sky Fleece Covered Hot Water Bottle - Made in Germany
Offered by Perfect Beauty
Price: $28.95
2 used & new from $19.95

3.0 out of 5 stars It's heavy when filled and stiff and not very hot., June 10, 2014
I got this to try to replace a German fish-shaped hot water bottle my parents got me 15 years ago that my kids loved. It final sprung a leak. This is stiffer. The fleece got a little wet upon filling, but no biggie. But I have to fill it only partially or it's way too heavy for my preschooler's tummy :( and it's not very warm, ,just barely. I will keep it because I didn't find anything better, but I'm still looking.

Baden Micro Mini Size 1 Composite Alternating Autograph Panel Basketball
Baden Micro Mini Size 1 Composite Alternating Autograph Panel Basketball
Price: $12.05
2 used & new from $7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for coach!, June 10, 2014
I bought this when my son's adored asst. principal was leaving to take a basketball coaching job at the local high school. And I heard that it wasn't exactly what he had in mind though he is a great coach and will ultimately be happy. But he wanted to be an adminstrator! Politics suck :( Anyway, he was a wonderful assistant principal. He knew what elementary boys are like and didn't take much issue with honest kids who made impulsive mistakes (ok mine and others). He handled things like a true coach and was so reasonable- hard to find these days! He handled issues appropriately and was so highly respected by these boys. They and we ALL loved him! Since he was leaving to coach H.S. basketball, we wanted him to know what an impact he had made on them. The kids signed it and I decopaged a display ring with "coach" sayings on it. He needed to know he is the best! And these boys can't wait to see him again at the high school!

Ancient Harvest Quinoa Mac and Cheese, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Ancient Harvest Quinoa Mac and Cheese, 6-Ounce (Pack of 6)
Offered by D. Starr
Price: $18.98
18 used & new from $18.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Grainy and I'm looking for something else, June 10, 2014
I was so hopeful! I tried a bite before adding the cheese because I was so excited, I was thinking- Quinoa is good! This HAS to taste better than the Annie's rice pasta I've gagged on twice! OK it does taste slightly better and I actually served it to my 4 year old. I'm sure my 10 year old will reject it when he gets home and he's the one I'm trying to get mostly GF. This macaroni tastes like corn flour. It was very grainy. The cheese sauce didn't taste like anything to me. I added 2 Tb of real butter and 1/2 cup of real cheese. It was o.k. not good, just ok. I read another review suggesting Trader Joes' GF mac and cheese or just Barilla's GF pasta and add cheese. I'm trying both of those suggestions before I bring this home again. Only if necessary :( I am also surprised they haven't fixed their cheese mix with so many bad reviews! If the pasta was good, not so CORN-y, I would just add real cheese, but it's not :(

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16