Profile for Coyote red > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Coyote red RSS Feed (Miami FL)

Page: 1 | 2
GREAT GLOVE CPE200-M-M-BX Cast Polyethylene PE Foodservice FFDCA Approved Glove, Medium, Clear (Pack of 200)
Price: $5.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gloves for handling food., February 16, 2015
Better than what I expected. The fit is perfect for my small to medium size hands.

Ton Meilleur Ami
Ton Meilleur Ami
Price: $0.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Ma Meilleur Amie, December 9, 2014
This review is from: Ton Meilleur Ami (MP3 Music)
Great song! First heard it more than 40 years ago on a 45 RPM single disc belonging to my older sister. That song came up during a phone conversation with her. She told me she still had the record. That's when I decided to search for it in Amazon.

Actron CP9575 AutoScanner
Actron CP9575 AutoScanner
Price: $110.58
8 used & new from $110.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out to be a bad gas cap, August 21, 2014
Paid for itself the first time I used it. Diagnosed a problem with cruise control that I fixed for less than 10 dollars. Also reassured me that the "service engine soon" warning light was not related to any servicing issue. Turned out to be a bad gas cap.

3M 9211 Cool-Flow N95 Particulate Sanding Respirator, 10-Pack
3M 9211 Cool-Flow N95 Particulate Sanding Respirator, 10-Pack
Price: $17.98
45 used & new from $13.99

2.0 out of 5 stars ... masks did not fit me well and were not comfortable to wear, August 21, 2014
The masks did not fit me well and were not comfortable to wear. I much prefer the 3M 8511 type masks.

Lot of 2 Avon Skin So Soft SSS Original Bath Oil 16.9 oz ea New & Sealed!
Lot of 2 Avon Skin So Soft SSS Original Bath Oil 16.9 oz ea New & Sealed!
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $18.94
11 used & new from $12.62

5.0 out of 5 stars It does not have the terrible smell of other bug repellants, August 21, 2014
I ordered Avon Skin so Soft for only one purpose. I heard from a friend that it was effective as a mosquito repellent. It worked very well for me. The mosquito situation here in south Florida is quite severe. After applying this product, I was not bitten even once in my back yard. It does not have the terrible smell of other bug repellants. I will be testing Skin so Soft on my next trip to the Florida keys. They have a much more aggressive type and a lot bigger mosquitoes in the mangroves.

Onkyo TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver (Black)
Onkyo TX-8050 Network Stereo Receiver (Black)
Price: $249.00
26 used & new from $192.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Premature Death, January 16, 2014
Purchased this receiver 13 months ago from Amazon. I chose this unit for several reasons. I wanted a plain two channel stereo receiver with input for a turntable ( I have lots of treasured vinyl albums) and the capability of playing mp3 files directly from a USB jump drive. Also wanted a remote controlled unit with lots of presets to store at least 20 FM radio stations. Lastly, the receiver's style was a perfect match with other components of my entertainment center. I was not very interested in the other available features like network / internet capability and multi-zone speaker function. I was sold on the Onkyo TX-8050.

I was disappointed to find out that the USB port was dead on arrival. It would not recognize any jump drive that were verified to work flawlessly in other equipment (i.e. my car's sound system and a friend's different model Onkyo receiver with similar USB port option.) After contacting Amazon about the problem, they authorized an immediate replacement with one-day shipping before I even returned the defective unit and provided everything for the return. Now that's what I call outstanding customer service. I give them 10 stars!
I promptly received the replacement which worked well for 13 months. The receiver suddenly stopped working while playing a music file through the USB drive. Using the remote control, I switched to FM radio and found no output from any FM stations. All other sources were also dead, no CD, Tape or TV. Switching back to USB mode now showed the message "Now Initializ" on the receiver's display. Performing a factory reset as described in the manual had no effect on the problem. Temporarily unplugging the unit from the AC source also had no effect. The amplifier section appears to be the problem since there is no sound output from any selected input. Various menu functions in the "set-up" mode are also mysteriously missing. For example, in "hardware set-up" speaker impedance, AM/FM frequency step and auto standby are the only available options.

I called Onkyo to inquire about warranty repairs only to find out that I will have to ship the unit to their repair center 1100 miles away. The representative I spoke to did not acknowledge any familiarity with this USB and loss of amplification issue I was having. Yet, a quick search on the web revealed a number of TX-8050 owners have had the same experience. Such comments are even posted on their own website support forum as well as Amazon reviews. I will bite the bullet and pay to ship it to Onkyo. Hopefully they will correctly fix this problem once and for all. I also certainly expect them to return my receiver in the same perfect cosmetic condition with its original packaging.

I gave the TX-8050 two stars because two units shipped to the same customer developing problems in 13 months is indicative of substandard quality control. There are many reviews from Amazon buyers praising this model with 4 and 5 stars. I would have joined the bandwagon if I had not experienced two failures in such a minimal time frame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 3:59 PM PST

Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Magic Bullet NutriBullet 12-Piece High-Speed Blender/Mixer System
Offered by NutriBullet LLC
Price: $89.99
134 used & new from $58.13

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, November 20, 2013
Buyers beware that the Nutribullet does not produce juice that is free of pulp. The end result is a thick mixture that is gritty and full of pulp. I am now convinced that it is not possible for a chopping blade type of juicer or mixer to pulverize fruits and vegetables to produce a smooth drink free of small bits of material. A centrifugal juicer is your best bet to do that and at a more reasonable price.

A centrifugal juicer has a round basket that combines a shredder and a strainer. The high speed rotation of the basket by a powerful motor shreds fruits and vegetables fed through a chute while the shredded material is pushed through a fine screen, separating juice from pulp. After watching Nutribullet's TV infomercial showing a near total absence of pulp or grit after processing some fruits and leafy vegetables, curiosity got the best of me. Although I already own a centrifugal juicer, I could not wait to try a Nutribullet.

I purchased one from my local Walmart and proceeded to juice my favorite mix of apples, grapes, celery and carrots, adding orange juice right up to the recommended line on the mixing cup. The result was far less that what I expected and in no way similar to what is shown in the infomercial. I will be returning the Nutribullet and stick with my centrifugal juicer.

Cvlife Tactical 3-9X56 red&green mil-dot illuminated optics hunting air rifle scope with free mounts
Offered by cvlife
Price: $59.99
2 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scope for the price but..., August 1, 2013
The scope I received came in packaged obviously as an item that was not new. Some minor notches in the adjustment screws confirmed that the scope had been previously shipped to another buyer who returned it for some reason. The scope also did not have a manual or operational instructions on battery requirements, replacement or scope adjustments. I decided to keep the scope anyway to avoid the hassles of returning it. It is nevertheless a decent scope for an air rifle. I am giving it 4 stars strictly for the combination of price and quality. Let it be noted that I expect to receive new merchandise when ordering from Amazon and affiliates.

Crosman 1077 Repeat Air Semi-Automatic CO2 Pellet Gun Air Rifle
Crosman 1077 Repeat Air Semi-Automatic CO2 Pellet Gun Air Rifle
Price: $69.99
38 used & new from $58.99

4.0 out of 5 stars No regrets, May 24, 2013
I like this air rifle for its capability of firing all 12 shots in the clip as fast as you can pull the trigger. That sure is a lot of fun. I don't have a problem with the co2 cylinder leaking, even if I leave a gas cartridge installed for several days. I only wish it was a bit more powerful, like a 1000 fps air rifle, but realistically, for the price and the rapid fire feature, it's a good deal.

PS3 Component AV Cable
PS3 Component AV Cable
Offered by Adair Sellers
Price: $98.99
20 used & new from $23.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, May 24, 2013
Ordered the PS3 component AV cable after loosing the ridiculous HDCP handshake that HDMI requires on my 46 inch TV. I was not about to purchase another $1000 TV so I ordered this cable instead. I can still use my Ps3 with 1080i resolution through the component video input of my TV set. I am now trying to get a decent component video switch box that will allow me to connect my other video devices through the single component video input of my TV set.

Page: 1 | 2