Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS
Profile for Tigs > Reviews

Browse

Tigs' Profile

Customer Reviews: 72

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tigs RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Glacier White
DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Glacier White
Price: $49.55
127 used & new from $42.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Same as original controller that came with system, December 31, 2015
Not much to say. These are identical extra controllers for the PS4. I purchased the Glacier White color and it looks nice. I have read reviews about triggers getting stuck and rubber deteriorating, but I have not seen this yet. I assume if this is really an issue then it will also happen to the original controller that came with the system. I haven't seen any 3rd party options for PS4 controllers so not like you have much choice in the matter anyway. I will wait and see what happens and update my review if need be.

Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
Stanley 028001L 28-Inch Structural Foam Toolbox
Price: $30.59
30 used & new from $30.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case For Home Use, December 23, 2015
This case is very sturdy. I read some of the negative reviews about hinges being weak, or the handle not being strong enough. I see no problem with the hinges or the handle. It all feels very solid. I can't say how this will hold up if someone tries to load a ton of heavy items, or subject it to a lot of abusive. I can just tell you with absolute certainty that this toolbox will be just fine for home use as long as it is taken care of. I included pictures to give an idea of its size. The 28" can fit plenty!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Best Liner - USA Made PEVA Shower Liner, PVC Free, Clear, Durable 9 Gauge, Antibacterial & Mildew Resistant, 72" X 72" - NEW & IMPROVED 2016 MODEL
Offered by Best Liner
Price: $20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Can not slide the liner open and closed. Too stiff. UPDATED!, July 28, 2015
First, I appreciate that this is made in the USA and that it is made of a material that is less likely to cause health issue. The thickness is good, but it needs creases or something to allow it to actually slide open and closed. It is too stiff. This is similar to what another customer said about it being folded horizontally. Why would you fold horizontally? I also found that the edge has a small slit. I have no problem with the thickness, and there is no chemical smell. It works just fine as a liner, but you should be able to slide the liner.

UPDATE: The replacement liner sent to me is excellent. I can now slide the curtain with ease. The liner is noticeably thinner, yet still very durable. There is a night and day difference between this and the previous version. I am also extremely impressed with this company's customer support. They took my info and I had the replacement in only a few days. Overall an excellent liner.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2015 6:45 PM PST

Silicone Hot Pads
Silicone Hot Pads

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Silicone Pads. Smaller than I expected., July 24, 2015
This review is from: Silicone Hot Pads
These are nicely made silicone pads. I just wish they were larger. Come out with a version that is twice the diameter so that it works better for larger pots and pans and I will purchase more.

Linux: Learn Linux In 2 Hours: Including All Essential Command Lines. The Beginners Choice for the Linux System (Linux, Linux For Beginners)
Price: $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is horrible. Not even worth your time if it is free to read., July 24, 2015
Horrible. I work in IT and have dealt with pretty much just Windows and Mac operating systems. I wanted to start learning more about Linux and I saw this book listed as free to read in the Kindle store. This book is not what I was looking for. Too basic and not well put together. Good thing it was free.

Radiation free belt pouch for cellphones and smart phones - RadBlockerTM - Size Jumbo

2.0 out of 5 stars *Updated Review* Excellent Radiation Blocking Phone Case!, July 3, 2015
Update: It has been about 4 months and I am lowering this to 2 stars because the pouch ripped apart on the bottom corner, and the the bottom flap is becoming weak and part of it looks like it will tear any day. I have used this everyday when at work, and have not done anything to it to weaken the material. I still think this is a great product and much needed, but the material and stitching needs to be made more durable. I would be perfectly fine with a price increase in order to get a more durable case.

I was looking for a phone case that would block some of the harmful radiation from my phone. I also needed a case that can attach to my belt and fit my Samsung Galaxy S5 with an Otterbox case. This size works. It is a little snug, but you can still get your phone out of the case as needed. The exact case I am using is the Otterbox Commuter Wallet, which is a little bigger in the back to accommodate a few credit cards.

The build quality seems sturdy with nice stitching. There is a belt clip and then a flap with button. This combo ensures that the case will not come off your belt by accident. The magnetic flap to open the case also works well. I can not comment on whether it really is blocking radiation as I have no way of personally testing this, but there is a video on the manufacturer website that shows them using a radiation detector on the phone with and without the case. There is a clear difference.

More important than anything is the great customer support at this company. I had a couple questions about the case before ordering and I received very quick responses.

One thing to keep in mind is that this product gets shipped from Israel, so it will take a little bit longer to get to you. The seller will also send it as registered mail so you will have to sign for it. I was told a lot of international sellers are doing that now.

Otterbox [Commuter Series] Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Frustration-Free Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5  - Black
Otterbox [Commuter Series] Wallet Case for Samsung Galaxy S5 - Frustration-Free Packaging Protective Case for Galaxy S5 - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars This is actually a really cool case with a couple minor negatives, June 18, 2015
If you need protection for your phone Otterbox is always a great choice. This is a really nice case because it also acts as a small wallet. I am a guy that doesn't need to carry much with him, so by using this case I can get away with not using a wallet.

Here are few things I wanted to mention about this.

- It is still the same Otterbox quality and protection as any other Otterbox.

-The case comes with a plastic screen protector. I usually don't like to use these but the one they give you is pretty decent. Of course you can choose not to use it.

-Yes. the sliding mechanism is a little bit hard to open and close. This is a good thing though. You don't want your credit cards and ID getting lost. It has a nice click sound when it closes. It really is not that hard to open and close once you practice with it a few times. Also, there is a point where you can stuff just a little too much in the compartment and it makes it near impossible to open. I will explain more about the capacity in a minute. The best way I found of opening the compartment is to place both thumbs on the top center of the screen and use your two fingers to push down. Once you play around with opening it you will see that it doesn't take that much force to open, yet it is not going to come undone by accident. One word of warning. Be careful of how you go about opening and closing the compartment. If you apply too much force you start to bend the phone slightly. I am not sure if you can eventually damage the inside of the phone, but I wouldn't chance it. If you open it the way I mentioned you should be pretty good as that seems to cause minimal or no bending.

-Now about CAPACITY! Here is what I found to be the max amount you can stuff into the case and still be able to open and close it. 2 credit/debit cards, 1 Drivers license, and a dollar bill carefully wrapped horizontally around one of the cards to keep the thickness down. You can't fit a bill in the case like shown in the picture, or at least I don't see how as they are too wide. I recommend keeping the bill wrapped around the credit card on the bottom of the compartment to avoid the possibility of it getting caught and ripped.

Overall, this is a really great idea and the case feels really solid. Obviously, time will tell how long the case lasts with repeated opening and closing. It is strong enough that I suspect it will last quite a while. The only gripes I have with this is that it does take a little bit of force to open as others have mentioned. It is not a deal breaker and is in fact a little comforting. My concern is that overtime you can damage the phone if you press and open the case the wrong way. I think Otterbox can come up with a better locking mechanism and they should. Also, they should give more room in the compartment so that at least another bill or card can be inserted. It is already adds bulk, what harm is another mm or so?

Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Lasko #4930 35" Remote Control Oscillating High Velocity Fan, Gray
Price: $78.99
84 used & new from $61.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Fan. Horrible Remote., May 30, 2015
This is a great fan. It produces a strong breeze that really does cool you down. I sometimes don't even need to run the AC when it is going at full blast. It is by no means a substitute for an air conditioner during really hot days though. It is still just a fan.

The only negative is the remote. I only take one star off because you can do without it. It has to be the worst remote I have ever used. You can be pointing right at the front of the machine and it will not register the button presses. Either it is the remote or the IR receiver on the fan. One way or another it is terrible. You have to be pointing at the exact spot for it to work right.

Overall if you want a really strong fan, that fits nicely in a corner and looks nice go with this.

Cuisinart CPM-100W EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, White
Cuisinart CPM-100W EasyPop Hot Air Popcorn Maker, White
Price: Click here to see our price
24 used & new from $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Popcorn Popper. Don't Listen To The Negative Reviews., May 25, 2015
I did a lot of research before making a purchase for a popcorn popper. First of all, if you don't want to use oil or fats to pop your corn then you need an air popper. All the kettle types require that you use some oil. So, if this is the case your choices are rather limited as there doesn't seem to be many hot air poppers to choose from. I decided to give this one a chance because it is a Cuisinart, and more importantly this is one of only few machines that has an on and off switch.

I've had absolutely no problems with this machine so far and I have used it regularly for a few weeks now. You have to keep in mind that you will naturally have some unpopped kernels. That is not necessarily the machines fault either. I buy cheap store brand kernels and when the whole cup is filled to the max I end up with around 10 or less uncooked kernels. That is not that bad really. Also, it is true that things can get a little explosive towards the end but as soon as this starts happening you are just about out of kernels anyway, so just shut the machine off. This seems to happen because there is no longer popped corn and kernels to keep the others from moving, and when almost all of it is popped there is nothing stopping the corn from flying out faster.

Overall, in my opinion this is really the only choice for air poppers. If you take care of it, and don't let anything spill in the hot air vents then this should last you a while.

URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Black
URBAN ARMOR GEAR Case for Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Black
Offered by Amazing Deals Online
Price: $50.63
16 used & new from $34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall a very nice case, with a couple minor exceptions., March 26, 2015
I had spent a good bit of time looking for a case for the Surface Pro 3. I didn't want one of those folio cases as I wanted something that would help protect the tablet from knocks and drops. This is the best case I was able to come across and reminds me of something you would expect from an Otterbox or Speck.

I also read some of the reviews for given by others and I would like to address some of those issues. Let me give some Pro and Cons.

Pros
1) The case looks awesome and has a nice feel.
2) The material is a nice rubber material and it appears to offer significant corner protection. I am not sure if it will protect from a really hard drop, but it will certainly protect your surface from light drops or if you accidently bang it into something. Some people have brought up that the corners are too hard to properly absorb shock. I am not sure about this. I am not going to purposely drop the case, but I would think it offers reasonable protection. It is certainly better than not having anything at all.
3) All ports are accessible and there is vent holes all along the edges. Some have said it causes overheating but I don't see how that is possible as there are plenty of vent holes on the case.

4) The little elastic string on top corner is actually good for clipping your pen onto it while not in use. If you don't like it you can always cut it off.

Cons

The stand. First, I want to say that some of the complaints are being too critical. It is a nice stand and it does work well. Some complaints were that you have to really push hard to change the angles or that it makes a loud sound. Too me, it neither makes a loud sound, nor does it take a lot of force to change the positions. It does stay in place though as long as you do not put excess force onto the screen. Pretty much you have to intentionally want to move the stand. It will not just collapse on you.

The stand itself is made of sturdy metal which is nice! However, the locking mechanism that keeps the stand at certain angles is made of a plastic. I feel that over time this could wear out and no longer keep the stand locked in place. I could be wrong though. It might be a fairly strong piece of plastic, but I would have preferred for that to be some sort of metal or stronger material.

One other thing that bothers me a bit is the volume buttons on the side seems a little hard to press. The volume down button is fairly easy to press but I have to push the volume up a bit harder.

Overall, I think this is one of the only cases that gives you decent drop protection. It is not perfect, but it is certainly better than not having anything at all. If they add improvements to the stand and maybe make the corners a slightly softer rubber this would be the perfect case.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8