Profile for AKN > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 2053

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Yoga Blocks 2 Pack and Strap Set Combo (4" x 6" x 9" Large Foam Yoga Blocks and 8 Foot Yoga Strap), Yoga Props Package, Starter Kit, Beginners Yoga Kit, For Any Type of Yoga Styles, Perfect For P90X Program, Premium Quality By YogaAddict
Price: $24.90 - $34.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Yoga Accessory Set, July 23, 2014
I've been a yoga enthusiast since childhood but lately had stopped when I severely hurt my back and was in too much pain to do much of anything. Now I am once again starting up, and I find that my hamstrings have tightened up and I can't do the poses the way I used to.

I had never used a yoga strap before, not having seen the point in them. I got a couple of DVDs of the great yoga teacher Peggy Cappy who teaches her series "Yoga for the Rest of Us". While using the one called "Back Care Basics" I saw that some poses were using a yoga strap, which is looped around the instep and the leg is held straight, pointing toward the ceiling while lying on the back. Usually I had simply used my hands to grasp the back of my thigh to hold my leg up, but I recently started using this and I am amazed to find that the strap gives a much more controlled stretch to the hamstrings, since you can easily adjust the stretch and angle of the leg to exactly where you want it, by holding the strap with one or both hands while it is looped around the foot.

This has a sort of buckle so you can double up the end of the strap and make it the correct length so it is easier to hold. You can also, while holding the strap with your foot in the loop, move your leg out to each side, giving your inner and outer thighs the perfect amount of stretch. This is wonderful. The texture of the strap, the color, and the extra long length make this a pleasure to use. My hamstrings will be stretched out in no time, since this is fun and much easier to do that trying to hold onto your thigh if you are just getting into yoga poses.

The blocks are light as a feather and yet very strong. You have a choice of three different ways to put these on the floor for the exact height you need as you do your triangle poses. Stand with legs far apart, bend sideways all the way over to one side, and put your lower hand on the block for support, while the other arm reaches toward the ceiling. There are several different poses that you can use these blocks to do. Generally, you would put your hand on the floor for these poses, all of which are done standing with the legs apart in a triangle form. But if you are new to yoga or are tight and can't do the pose correctly in the proper form with your hand on the floor, these are what you put your hand on.

Set these on the floor on any side for either 4", 6" or 9" of height.

The importance of daily loosening of the hamstrings in the back of the legs cannot be overemphasized to avoid back pain, since they attach to the back and buttocks. Walking, running, sitting all make them tighten up, which can lead to back problems, and joint problems.

I recommend using these with any of the many "Yoga for the Rest of Us" videos. There are variations shown for newcomers to yoga in these videos with the use of these blocks, and the strap, shown.

Yoga is the best way to head off osteoarthritis and all the aches and pains and back problems we all face as we get older. Studies have shown it works better than any drug or painkiller. Just do it. And keep doing it. And if you are new to it or want to really get your hamstrings loosened up, which everyone needs, or do the many triangle poses comfortably, this strap and these blocks will make the process easier and painless. The pink color is very uplifting and happy also.

Each block comes wrapped in cellophane and they have zero odor.

This is a wonderful set and I will be putting this to daily use.

Essie The Crystal File
Essie The Crystal File
Offered by Whirly Girl Lori
Price: $21.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No more breaking snagging nails, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Essie The Crystal File (Misc.)
I hesitated to pay this much for one nail file but now that I've used it several times I know it is worth it.

My nails feel smoother on the edge than ever before. Also the edge of my nails feels thicker, as if it did not bevel the edge but filed it squarely and smoothly across the width of it. My nails have not broken snagged or chipped once since I've been using this.

This doesn't rip at the nail the way other files do. I use this very gently and lightly across my nail in one direction, and can tell by the way my nails look and feel afterwards that my breaking tearing nail problem is finally solved. Yes this is definitely worth the price.

Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Action Pacs, 4x Concentrated, 110-Count
Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Action Pacs, 4x Concentrated, 110-Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Convenience and super cleaning power, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received this on July 23 as the tracking number shows which was two days after placing the order.

I have been using Cascade Action Pacs for a while now. I like how they clean without leaving any spots on any glasses.
I do leave the dishwasher a little emptier than I used to with these on the top rack as I notice that if it is too crowded, there can be a white film on some glasses but without crowding glasses in this does not happen. Otherwise these are excellent and my dishes get sparkling clean.

I love getting such a huge tub of these as one time since it means not only will I not be running out any time soon but if you check the prices of the various sizes, you do save a bit on this extra huge size. It's something I will always need to use, so why not get a big supply at one time.

I would never go back to using a powder that you have to bend over and pour into the dishwasher after the convenience and cleaning power of these. They also keep the inside of the dishwasher cleaner.

Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Medium 2 ct. (Pack Of 3)
Ziploc Twist N Loc Container Medium 2 ct. (Pack Of 3)
Price: $10.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Six high quality food storage containers with twist on lids., July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I received delivery of this today, on July 23, which is two days after ordering it.

This is two packs of three containers and three lids, for a total of six lidded containers.

These are an incredibly handy size. This will hold a container of blueberries perfectly. These stack up inside each other for storage, as do the lids. The lids screw on, which I prefer over lids that snap on, as they are easier. These are thin but sturdy and strong, and will go in the dishwasher. The lids are dark blue.

Considering the high quality and the fact that you get six of these in total, this is a good bargain.

Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count
Glad Press'n Seal Wrap, 3 Count

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful to wrap leftovers in., July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)

I have been using this for a while now and it is fantastic, If you are new to Glad Press'n Seal Wrap do yourself a favor and try it.
I wrap leftovers in this, and also use it sometimes to cover the top of a bowl. It clings absolutely to itself or any bowl you use it on. It is not hard to get off the roll.

I prefer wrapping leftovers in this rather than aluminum foil since I am trying to avoid all aluminum in any food, and also this keeps food fresher since it wraps tightly around the food and seals better than foil.

There is a sharp cutting edge on the box top to tear this off, and a little care must be taken to do this carefully so the wrap does not grab onto itself.

These rolls are larger than I have seen in my local store. These are 100 square feet, and when you see the box, this is large. A three count of this will last me quite a while.

Rtgs Micro LED 60 Super Bright Warm White Color Indoor and Outdoor String Lights Battery Operated on 20 Ft Long Silver Color Ultra Thin String Wire with Timer [NEWEST VERSION] + 100% RTGS Products Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by RTGS Products.
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Fireflies in the trees at night, July 22, 2014
Love these so much for the way they can transform a room into a starry night. I have put these into two huge, expensive artificial palm trees that are near my dining table and nothing except candlelight can do as much to create a beautiful setting.

I also love how these use batteries rather than needing to be plugged into an outlet so that no unsightly wire is extending from these to look ugly. These take 6 AA batteries. The batteries will last two weeks if you have this on the automatic timer. The timer turns this on at the same time each night for six hours, and then shuts off. Make sure to begin using these at the time of night you want them to come on each night since that is how you tell it to come on at a certain time.

The wire the tiny lights are on is super fine and cannot be seen in my trees. It looks like 60 fireflies are flitting around in the trees. Must be seen to be appreciated. It's gorgeous. These would also be nice in a guest bathroom, arranged around and just behind the mirror. I love these and will be getting some rechargible batteries for this.

[Sample provided.]

MOCREO® Waterproof Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Indoor/Outdoors Ultra mini W/ Dual Speakers / Rechargable Built-in Battery / TF card Supported for iPhone,iPod,Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S5 and Other Bluetooth Devices,MP3 Players - MOSOUND Bar (Red)
Offered by MOCREO
Price: $41.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than most speakers in this price range, July 22, 2014
I've had the chance to try out a lot of speakers in this price range. This one is above any of the others I've tried so far.

I like this one and will be using it a lot, unlike the rest of the small inexpensive Bluetooth speakers I've tried and here are the reasons:

* A pleasant voice tells you when the Bluetooth is connected and when the speaker is turned on and off. I find this very helpful.

* This has greater volume and better sound than any of the others.

*This is better looking than any of the others.

*This holds a charge longer than the others.

*This is easier to connect to Bluetooth than any of the others.

Most of these small inexpensive Bluetooth speakers are not worth bothering with. This one stands out above the rest for the above reasons. It won't rival a $300 Bluetooth speaker, but for the price this one is definitely a lot better than most of the others like it I've tried. This is the one I would recommend for anyone looking for a small inexpensive Bluetooth Speaker, out of the hundreds that are available.

Danskin Women's Bermuda Short, Black, Small
Danskin Women's Bermuda Short, Black, Small
Price: $25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I've never been so happy with an online clothing purchase, July 21, 2014
These are way better than I ever expected. The fit is perfection. I find sometimes that shorts or pants have too long a rise in front for me and things bunch up in front but these are made low, to be worn a bit on the low side. The shorts are not baggy but are straight and narrow along my thighs all the way to the top of my knee. I am 5 feet 4 inches and they come to the top of my knee, which is fine with me.

The fabric is soft smooth cotton with that so important 5% spandex for comfort. The pockets on mine lie flat and do not show or bulge out as some reviews state. While being incredibly comfortable, these look great. They are exceptionally flattering. They fit just like the size chart says they do.

I want ten pairs of these, as I live in them all summer. These are really fabulous shorts.

Alienware ALW17-8751sLV 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
Alienware ALW17-8751sLV 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop
Price: $2,269.99
4 used & new from $2,249.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Wonderful, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a big heavy laptop and it's packed with every upgrade you could want. I have replaced my old desktop with this and now no longer will be using a desktop, as I have always done for my extensive web development work. This is faster and works better.

I know this is a gaming machine but I wanted something with every upgrade available. Yes, the internet flies faster now on this. I have a fast internet connection that I pay a lot for and didn't realize that it was being slowed down by my computers. Now that I have this, I can change webpages instantaneously. In fact everything I do on this is instant.

This is too heavy for me to be moving it around much but that's ok with me. It looks cool on the desk with its gorgeous lights. It's a bit more processing power than I need but it's so much fun to have more than enough.

The keyboard is possibly the best one you can get on any computer for us touch typists. The screen quality is the best. In face everything on this is the best. The sound quality isn't good in spite of this boasting of Klipsh speakers and 5.1 surround sound.
Otherwise this is top of the line in every way.

This took me several days of making adjustments to everything: the mousepad, with its numerous options for how you want it to work, the display, the lights, and the software. No bloatware was included at all. This does not come with any instruction booklet, but it walks you through the initial setup easily. Still, all the needed adjustments to the mouse was a bit annoying but probably a luxury to gamers.

I can't find anything to complain about with this. It's fantastic.

Moneual RYDIS H68 Pro Hybrid Robot Vacuum Cleaner Dry/Wet Mop with Water Tank and Mapping
Price: $499.00
7 used & new from $419.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a terrific job, July 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a product I have wanted for a long time; an all in one floor cleaning machine that vacuums and mops at the same time. And this one does the job very well.

As a long time happy user of iRobot floor cleaning robots, I was thinking this couldn't possibly perform with the perfection I've experienced with the iRobots, particularly the vacuuming Roomba, but this one does the job just as well, and combines the features of both the Roomba and the Scooba, the mopping iRobot, into one excellent machine.

I put this to the test on my dirty kitchen floor. I turned it loose and it vacuumed well, following a more square mapped out pattern than the Roomba. It then proceeded to mop the floor and did not dispense a lot of water that was left standing on the floor to dry, as the Scooba does. I had taken to only using the Scooba in my bathrooms since it gets the floor so wet.

The robot has more of a damp mopping action than a soaking action like the Roombas. I like it very much. No more standing puddles of water after the robot does it's job.

I recommend this highly and found that this is an excellent all in one floor cleaning machine. I had no problems with it and have used it several times now in the kitchen. My floor is left spotless from it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20