Profile for AKN > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 357

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed

Price: $7.19
15 used & new from $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful hair mask, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a deep conditioning treatment that has a mild floral scent. It can be rinsed out after a minute or two or left in for half an hour for extra intense conditioning.

Lately I've become a fan of Fekkai hair products. I've used various shampoos and conditioners and they all have left my hair looking beautiful. This one is no different. This is wonderful. This gives my hair body and causes it to look sleek and smooth and hold it's shape after a blowout. I can sleep and awake in the morning and see my hair fall into place just by running my fingers through it.

This is a sample sized container which on short hair can be used for approximately five treatments. It's a creamy thick conditioner which is one of the best I've tried.

Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Hoover Air Cordless 2-in-1 Stick and Handheld Vacuum, BH52100PC
Price: $149.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Stick Vac 2 in 1, March 5, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my first cordless vacuum. This lightweight stick vacuum stores neatly in my closet and doesn't take up much room at all which I greatly appreciate.

I was concerned there wouldn't be enough power from this but was wrong. This performs as well as my electric vacuum, although after 15 minutes it's ready for a recharge. But for my kitchen and bathroom floors this is easy and fast.

I love the little handheld vacuum. No more taking the car to the gas station and putting quarters in the machine for me to use the public vacuums. This does a great job of getting up dirt in the carpets of the car.

I've always liked the Hoover's I've had in the past and this is keeping up the great job they do. I can't find anything to complain about at all and the canister is easy to empty.

Sentey Power Bank Brio LUX 13000mah Ls-2156 Lg 18650 Li-ion Battery / Dc 5v 2a Max. Input / USB 5v 2.1 a + USB 5v 1a Output / LCD Power Indicator / Rubber Surface Finish / Accessories Included / Lg 18650 First Grade Class a Batteries
Offered by Sentey
Price: $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super charger--- includes a charging cable, March 3, 2015
This is the first small portable charger I've gotten that comes with a charging cable, making this a ten star product for me. Now I can carry this sleek little charger in the included silver carrying bag with isn't charging cable in my car glove compartment and have all I need when my phone battery goes dead. I never understood why all small chargers don't include a cable.

This has a little window to tell you the percentage of charge it contains so you never have to worry that your charger isn't charged. It has a nice sleek hand feel. It is heavy for it's small size which tells me it has a large capacity. It also has two USB ports as well as the phone port, so two devices can be charged at the same time. This will also charge fast, and in my test of it when it was completely out of charge it took 2.45 hours to charge fully, which is fast.

If you are in the market for a small portable charger this is the one to get. I have lots of these small chargers and like this the best out of all I've tried for these reasons:

Included cable
Two USB ports
Window tells how much charge this has
Includes a nice carrying pouch
Nice sleek design

This is the one to get for everyone who is confused by the huge number of chargers like this available.
It has everything you need included.

*Sample sent for review.

TaoTronics desk lamp(TT-DL09)
TaoTronics desk lamp(TT-DL09)
Offered by Sunvalleytek
Price: $199.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fully adjustable brightness and light color, March 3, 2015
This small pretty lamp has features others like this do not have. You can adjust the brightness by holding down the button for it on the base until it is as dim or as bright as you prefer. This will become extremely bright, or progress all the way down to very dim and every level in between.

There is another button to adjust the color hue, from clean white, to on the warm yellower side, to the bluer side of the spectrum. The bluer side is for work and the yellow side is for softer, warmer settings.

I love the wide screen of light this has and have not seen this feature on other similar lamps. This casts the light in a wide, diffuse pattern, to spread the light over my entire work surface, or the entire book I'm reading. When this is dim and on the yellow side this is a wonderful soft diffuse light and it softly illuminates part of a room, rather than the spotlight effect similar lamps have.

Although this is very lightweight, the base is weighted so it stays put and won't fall over. The arm is adjustible, as is the light to point it at any angle. It also looks very cool on my desk.

I love how versatile this lamp is. This is the most adjustable lamp of its kind. I even can use this as a nightlight if I need to. Very highly recommended.

*Sample provided for review.

Doctor's Best Best Joint Flex Featuring UC-II Capsules, 30 Count
Doctor's Best Best Joint Flex Featuring UC-II Capsules, 30 Count
Price: $13.79
5 used & new from $11.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken cartilage, February 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This contains one ingredient; 40 mg of chicken cartilage per each tiny capsule. I wish I could say for certain that this ingredient definitely helps my joints but after only taking it for two weeks so far I can't tell any difference. I do feel better physically with less pain and stiffness but that might be because I'm keeping up with daily yoga after taking a long vacation from it, which coincides with my start of taking this.

The bottle says that this is "undenatured type II collagen".

Here is some exciting news about this ingredient for arthritis sufferers (found on the internet in an NIH study):

"UC-II has demonstrated the ability to induce tolerance, effectively reducing joint pain and swelling in RA subjects. A pilot study was conducted for 42 days to evaluate the efficacy of UC-II (10 mg/day) in five female subjects (58-78 years) suffering from significant joint pain. Significant pain reduction including morning stiffness, stiffness following periods of rest, pain that worsens with use of the affected joint and loss of joint range of motion and function was observed. Thus, UC-II may serve as a novel therapeutic tool in joint inflammatory conditions and symptoms of OA and RA."

Based on the above study results I recommend you give this a try for stiff painful joints.
I have used Doctor's Best brand supplements in the past and liked them.

Cetaphil Baby Daily Lotion with Organic Calendula, Sweet Almond Oil and Sunflower Oil, 13.5 Ounce
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gentle smoothing lotion, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried this out on myself. It has no scent aside from the smallest whiff of a floral scent as it first comes out of the bottle. It is a really large bottle. I didn't like the dark golden color of the lotion and have not seen any body lotion that is a deep golden color before in this ugly shade.

A dime sized amount more than covered my entire arm. It definitely is pleasant and very smoothing to the skin. It is very light. There was a very slight greasy effect that remained on the skin that I didn't care for.

I don't think I would use this on an infant although it wasn't bad. I do not think a baby would like feeling the greasy after effect of this and it didn't feel clean. My skin felt slick and slightly slimy with this on it. I was eager to wash it off.

While I feel this is ok, it has lots of competition and there are better baby lotions available.

Sentey Foldable Headphone Universal Carrying Case Black Ls-7501 / Headset-headphones Carrying Hard Case Travel Bag / Metal Zipper / Eva Rubber / Dual Compartments / Compatible with All Foldable Headphones As Monster Dr Dre Beats Solo/studio Headphone / Beats Wireless, Studio, Solo, Solo Hd, Dna, Executive, Nokia Bh-940, Monster Diamond Tears
Offered by Sentey
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little earbud case, February 25, 2015
I was sent a free sample of this excellent small case for earbuds. I have expensive Bose Noise Cancelling Earphones which came with no case included. This is perfect to protect those earphones. It is hard, with a very smooth zipper. There is a mesh pocket inside that stretches out which I tuck the earphones into so they stay secure and don't fall out when I open the case.

I love how small and smooth this is. I also love the high quality of the zipper. It looks good and feels very nice to the touch. The inner part is silky smooth. This is smaller than a pack of cigarettes and fits nicely in the palm of my hand. No more tangles or kinks in my expensive earphones since I've been keeping them in this, and I can carry this easily in my small purse. This is a wonderful case and is nicer and a better design than any similar ones I've seen.

Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Cetaphil Baby Wash and Shampoo with Organic Calendula, 7.8 Ounce
Price: $4.79
3 used & new from $4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Body Wash, February 25, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This creates very little lather as a body wash, with no scent or fragrance at all.

I've been a long time user of Calendula Cream, something I get at a health food store. It is calming and soothing for any irritation and even takes away mild itch and pain. However it is something that my hair doesn't need.

As a shampoo this left my hair dull and dry. This may be ok for a baby but this isn't working well as a shampoo for me. As a body wash I like it. It is gentle and has a nice lather, although it is less than most body lotions. It seems to be something that has simple ingredients and cleans without stripping the skin of needed oils. And the calendula was definitely there since my skin felt soothed and calm. I will be using this as a face wash due to how gentle and mild it cleans, without stripping my skin. I have rosacea and this is perfect as a gentle wash.

This is a large bottle and is something perfect for washing babies, or even adults.

Eye Makeup Brushes with Free Case Includes 8 Must Have Eyeshadow & Eyeliner Brush Set: Pencil, Tapered Blending, All Over Shader, Precision Eye Liner, Angled Shading, Flat Definer, Blending, Crease
Offered by Beauty Junkees
Price: $87.76
2 used & new from $39.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent eye makeup brush set, February 20, 2015
I've been using this set of eye makeup brushes for a month now and love them. They come in a nice zippered pouch. Each brush is super soft and the bristles stay in. I threw away my old brushes when these came since this has every type of brush for eye makeup I need, and they have long handles and are so well made.

The bristles are soft and I had a hard time telling these from natural bristles although due to severe allergies wouldn't use natural bristles near my eyes. I especially love the little angled eyeliner brush. I dampen some dark brown shadow and use it for a soft looking eyeliner, and this tiny brush lets me get a precision line near my lashes, without irritating my eyes.

This is an amazing set of eight brushes in a nice case which is large enough to hold a few pans of shadow and liner, and a mascara or two also.

This is my second brush set from this brand and I can say that these are the best makeup brushes I've ever used. Check out their Kabuki Brush in particular. I've never had one bristle fall out of any of the brushes I've gotten from this brand, and the brushes are soft and yet hold their shape and angles perfectly. These are a bargain for the quality, and are better than any I've gotten in stores.

*Review sample provided.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2015 6:51 AM PST

Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
Fisher-Price Ultra-Lite Day and Night Play Yard
Price: $139.98
4 used & new from $139.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight and well made, February 19, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I was pleased to see how well made and sturdy this is. My baby niece is so comfy in the top section, snuggling down into her little bed on top of this. The sides come up around her so she is really tucked in tight and snug and falls asleep easily since she is so comfortable.

My niece can get her diapers changed right in the top removable section since the sides fold down flat on the changing table, making it a fast process to take her out of her bed, and change her and put her back into place on the top of this.

When it's play time she loves being in her play yard with her toys. This goes into the back of the van with her and she can see out on all sides while being securely enclosed. The way this has a unique way of folding up in the middle makes this a quick easy process to fold, put into it's carrying case, and take out again. It's a large play yard for only weighing fifteen pounds.

This is the best play yard for infants I've seen. It makes traveling with a baby fun and easy. In fact, when it's time for a change on a car trip the whole thing comes out in the parking lot here in south Florida and in a few minutes she is changed and back in the car again.

She's happy, my sister's happy, and I'm happy we can all travel easily together. This is a must for us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20