Profile for AKN > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 707

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Ivation Triple LED Illuminated Domed 5x 2.75" Magnifier - Aluminum Case & Optical Glass Lens For Reading, Inspection, Low Vision, Hobby and Crafts...
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for reading tiny print, August 3, 2015
I pay my credit cards by phone each month and have never been able to easily read the phone numbers on the back of the card to make the payments. This has solved that recurring and annoying problem. By pushing down gently on the top of this a light comes on which shines down on my credit card, and this enlarges and illuminates that miniscule number so that I can dial it.

I use this for any tiny print. I also use it to examine my skin if there is a problem on it, and used it to fix a tiny delicate gold chain that had a gemstone that came off. I also have a stamp collection which this is perfect for, to examine the tiny printing and features on stamps. I can either hold this up off the stamp, or put it flat on the table over the stamp, although the best magnification comes from holding it a few inches above the stamp. The light is very bright and shines exactly on the center of the area under the lens. This is a very high quality product which is not like most products these days which are made in China. I don't know where this was made, but it is superior quality throughout.

The Nutro Company Adult Wholesome Essentials Dog Food with Chicken, Whole Brown Rice and Oatmeal Formula, 5-Pound
Price: $14.99
5 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ringo looks and feels great on this, August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been a fan of Nutro cat food as long as I've had Sheba, my giant Manx calico, which is about eight years. It's been her primary food and she has never stopped growing the entire time I've had her from a four week old kitten, which is typical of her breed. She is now huge and gorgeous. Her fur is incredible and she is the picture of health. She refuses any other dry food but Nutro.

Now our Schnoodle Ringo has taken a liking to his new Nutro Adult Wholesome Essential Dog Food with Chicken. His constant itching and scratching at himself has stopped finally since he has been on this and he is bright eyed and energetic more than usual since switching him to this. Apparently he had developed a food allergy to his previous kibble but this has cured him and he is much happier and never scratches and bites at himself like he used to since eating only this food.

I've researched dog foods on the internet and Nutro dog foods are consistently rated as very high quality in comparison to most other dog foods. And the price is competitive with lesser quality foods, particularly in the thirty pound bags. We will keep our precious Ringo on this food. He loves it and is not allergic to it. He seems to be very healthy and happy on it.

Black & Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor
Black & Decker FP6010 Performance Dicing Food Processor
Price: $128.16
13 used & new from $127.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Big and powerful, August 2, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a large machine which comes with a large variety of blades, all tucked neatly into a big storage container. The thing that sets this apart the most from my trusty Cuisinart processor is that dicing blade. It's great when I make my soups and salads.

I always felt bad when I needed a different blade for my other expensive food processor and had to spend a lot of money on it, and also buy the container to keep those extra blades in. This requires no further purchases of either blades or the storage bin for them.

This is plenty powerful and does everything you could want a food processor to do. If there is one problem with it, it is the size of both the processor itself and the storage bin, but with all those blades and accessories that are included with this a large storage container is a necessity.

This has two bowls, a smaller one and a larger one, and a lid is included for the smaller one to store the food in after it's processed. They've really included everything here.

Black and Decker has been coming out with lots of excellent kitchen appliances lately, and I've tried several and found them all top quality, better than the competition, such as the small convection ovens that are half the price and work better than the expensive brands they are competing with. This is the same. This does it all, work as well or better, and is one third the price or even less if you add in all those accessories that are included.

If you need a food processor this is the one to get in my opinion.
And from now on if I need any type of countertop appliance in my kitchen Black and Decker will be the brand I choose, based on what I've seen of their recent kitchen offerings.

The Nutro Company Adult Limited Ingredient Diet Dog Food with Lamb and Whole Brown Rice Formula, 5-Pound
Price: $12.80
7 used & new from $12.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Ringo loves it, stops his itching, August 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
My cat Sheba has only eaten Nutro dry cat food her entire life and will not touch any other brand. She is the picture of glowing health. So now we have our Schnoodle Ringo on this Nutro Limited Ingredient dog food in an effort to help him with his relentless itching which is most likely a food allergy.

He is not itching as much since eating only this food, although I have been reading it can take up to two months for the itch allergic response to stop completely. He loves this food and is his usualy happy healthy energetic self on this. It seems to be very crunching and instead of gobbling and swallowing this whole as he does with almost everything he eats, he slows down and really chews and crunches this up before swallowing it. We feel this is probably a good thing.

So far he likes this and we like this brand. We have read this is one of the top brands and our cat Sheba is a glowing testimonial of the quality of the Nutro pet foods. We will keep itchy Ringo on only this for a while as he is doing well on it.

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush, 10 / Rosy, 0.19 Ounce
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blush, 10 / Rosy, 0.19 Ounce
Offered by Soapify
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very slightly pigmented, July 29, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is actually more of a powder for the entire face than a blush, once you apply it and see the lack of any type of obvious pigments in the formula.
I have lily white skin and these do not add any sort of color to my skin that is apparent. I do like how finely milled the powder is, and the soft feeling of it on my skin. It adds a barely there tone and although I have three different shades, none of the three do much of anything in the way of adding color.

If you need a nude face powder, these would be great for that, but if you are looking for something that adds any color or blush to your skin keep looking. These won't do that.

The Honest Kitchen Brave: Fish & Coconut Grain Free Dog Food, 4 lb
The Honest Kitchen Brave: Fish & Coconut Grain Free Dog Food, 4 lb
Price: $56.58

5.0 out of 5 stars A different kind of dog food, July 28, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The box of this dog food I got has two 4 pound bags of food in it but I understand that now they are selling it in one bag. These are clear sturdy bags inside a box, and each bag has what looks just like bright green sawdust in it. The instructions on the box say to mix about one cup of this meal with about 1.5 to 2 cups of water.

The result of mixing this green powder with water is a soup that smells strongly of dried fish. There are small pieces of what appear to be bites of fish floating in the soup, and Ringo, our schnoodle, loved it. He went crazy for this stinky fish soup. Our cat Sheba also found it to her liking, although this is sold as a dog food.

This is not a solid food. It is more of a powder you mix with water to make a soup, or possibly with less water, a mush. This is too loose a food product for us to want to feed it exclusively to our beloved little Ringo, but we are going to give this to him in portions of a half cup to a cup a day, mixed with water, since he loves it so much and it apparently is very nutritious, being made of dehydrated fish and some dried vegetables. We feel it is an excellent food product and will supplement his, and our cat Sheba's, diet very well. It will be his afternoon treat before his daily run at the dog park.

Tresemme Balm, Get Sleek Blow Dry, 3 Ounce
Tresemme Balm, Get Sleek Blow Dry, 3 Ounce
Price: $7.29
14 used & new from $2.28

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, July 26, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This made my hair dull, dry, brittle and dull. It actually did the opposite of what a good blow dry spray should do, and it smells very strongly of cheap perfume when it first comes out of the pump bottle. I am throwing mine away since I have better hair products. I love the other recent Tresemme products I've gotten but this is one I dislike. It made my hair look terrible.

Cat's Pride C47712 Fresh and Light Ultimate Care Premium Unscented Hypoallergenic Multi-Cat Scoop Litter, 12-Pound
Price: $13.99
5 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and no dust!, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a great big package of cat litter but I noticed it did not weigh nearly as much as I expected such a big jug of litter would. And when I poured this into Sheba's little box there was zero dust flying around, unlike there usually is. I also noticed no funky perfumey smells like her usual scented perfumed cat litter has. It just smelled super clean.

This claims it eliminates odors for ten days and I can vouch for the fact that it does completely eliminate odors. And without that hideous room deodorizer smell much cat litter has. This is the best litter I've ever used. Will I pay the current asking price on Amazon of $26? You bet I will and get it delivered with my Prime membership to boot. Love this and yes it's worth the price to me.

Clorox ToiletWand Disinfecting Refills, 30 Count
Clorox ToiletWand Disinfecting Refills, 30 Count
Price: $11.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time user of these--love them!, July 24, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Using the Clorox ToiletWand system is not the cheapest way to clean your toilets but it is the easiest and least unpleasant way.

I've been using these for several years. I got the kit with the wand about four years ago, and have been using it ever since. These refills can be hard to find in my nearby stores and I was happy to grab these refills in a 30 count box. It's a plain brown box obviously not meant for store shelves. And these cost a lot for simply toilet cleaning sponges but boy do they work well. They foam up with water and it takes very little effort to swish these around the rim of toilets and they leave it sparkling clean. Then you simply press the release button and these pop off the wand and into the trash can.

I hate cleaning toilets but these make it much less horrible.

Dove Men+care Body + Face Bar, Deep Clean 4 ounce, Pack of 10
Dove Men+care Body + Face Bar, Deep Clean 4 ounce, Pack of 10
Price: $10.88
6 used & new from $8.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Dove is the best soap, however I dislike the scent of this one, July 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After using Irish Spring for a long time but lately noticing that it is drying out my skin terribly, I have gone back to Dove Soap. The difference is very pronounced.

This has a perfume scent that I dislike unfortunately. This has that soft, soothing comforting feeling and my skin feels hydrated and soft and smooth after I use it, and my itching from dry skin is gone. I just wish it either did not have fragrance, or had a better one. This sort of reeks. I usually enjoy a nice fragrance in soap but this one is not nice in my opinion. I'm disgusted by the cheap chemical stench of acrid perfume this gives off and it even makes my baths unpleasant.

There are other versions of Dove soap which do not have any scent and those are the ones I will use from now on.
Since the scent of soap is such a personal matter, and this soap is so good for my skin, I give this 5 stars. Make sure you smell this one before you buy it. You can smell the perfume in it through the box.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20