Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for AKN > Reviews

Browse

AKN's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1352

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Meta Daily Heart Health Dietary Supplement Berry Smooth Powder 32 Doses, 9.8 Ounce
Price: $9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Psylium husks for heart healthy cholesterol numbers, June 24, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The active ingredient in this is psylium husks. I take this ingredient already in 4 to 6 capsules per day of a fiber supplement and I know due to checking my own cholesterol tests every other month that it does indeed bring my cholesterol down into a normal range. I can actually regulate my cholesterol by how many of the capsules I take each day. Yes this is simply Metameucil in a new package and a new marketing angle.

I put this in the blender with water and ice cubes and this way it dissolved easily and it makes a refreshing drink. I'm not a fan of artificial sweeteners but I did some research before this review and there is no evidence that aspertame is harmful This makes a good tasting refreshing drink with plenty of ice. And the fact that it is in water assures that I am taking the psyllium with enough water which is very important.

L'Oreal Paris Skin Care, Purify and Mattify Pure Clay Mask, 1.7 Ounce
L'Oreal Paris Skin Care, Purify and Mattify Pure Clay Mask, 1.7 Ounce
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Gentle clay mask for even dry skin, June 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never seen a clay mask I didn't like. They all have various types of kaolin or clay in them which draws impurities and dirt out of the skin. This also has something called Moroccan Lava Clay in it which sounds exotic. This has a great eucaliptis scent. This also has glycerin so it draws moisture to the skin. It feels cool and refreshing.

The kaolin that is green is the mildest type with the least drawing power so don't expect this to suck the blackheads out of your pores as well as the very darkest clay masks. This is gentle. It will mostly absorb surface oils. So this works well on drier skin types. It rinses off easily after ten or fifteen minutes. I do not recommend letting this sit on the skin longer than that since once it is completely dry it becomes a clay mask that takes scrubbing to remove. We want this to be a gentle experience for our skin.

This leaves skin looking and feeling smooth clean and fresh. This is very nice and I hope to try the other two varieties of this mask.

L'Occitane Roses et Reines Hand & Nail Cream, 2.6 oz.
L'Occitane Roses et Reines Hand & Nail Cream, 2.6 oz.
Price: $22.00
6 used & new from $22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Roses and Queens Hand Cream, June 21, 2016
I love everything about this except the small size of the tube. I thought it would be twice as large. I will need to buy a new tube about once a month if I use this every day and so far I love it so much I am using it twice a day. I only need a dime size amount on each hand, but this tube is really small.

I'm a fan of nice rose scents and this is one of the best, and I make it a point to sniff LOTS of scents for the past several years. This is a fresh rose that is very mild and light and fades out quickly but still lingers for hours as a skin scent. The name Roses et Reines means Roses and Queens.

I put this up against my Ahava Foot Cream for a rough elbow as a test. I've been using the Ahava on it for a month but after just one application of this hand cream the rough spot is almost gone. This stuff really works. It's a fabulous hand cream and I was thinking of trying some of the other wonderful sounding scents the hand cream comes in but for me, nothing could beat this scent.

L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Eye Sculpt Liner, Black, 0.05 Ounce
L'Oreal Paris Cosmetics Infallible Eye Sculpt Liner, Black, 0.05 Ounce
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Rounded tip is a huge improvement in this black eyeliner, June 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Lately I've been loving L'Oreal for all my drugstore beauty purchases. I am a cosmetic and beauty product junkie and try several new ones each week.

I have not been wearing any eyeliner lately due to eye irritation and was eager to try this after hearing so many rave reviews and comments on L'Oreal eyeliners. This one has a slightly rounded ball-like shape so I wasn't sure how it would work. It turns out it does work well.

It can be a struggle at first to get a nice even line with most thin eyeliner pencils or pens and this takes that problem away. The round tip of this makes it much easier to get a very smooth precision line. Also, I don't fear stabbing myself in the eyeball with a pointed object any more.

This lays down a clean even black line exactly how I want it. I can control the thickness of the line and make it thicker as it goes along, and it' is easy by simply turning the tip and I draw the line. I also use this for tightlining and it works beautifully for that. The only thing is that it takes a little practice with this if you want to make wings but it's doable.

I will continue to use this as it is not irritating at all and stays on all day until I take it off with cleanser.

Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)
Kashi Organic Breakfast Super Blend (Sun-Up Coconut, 16-Ounce)
Price: $23.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Healthy veggies each morning, June 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I did not find the taste of this bad at all and added a banana and some strawberries to one scoop of this along with some skim milk. It has almost no taste this way. I also like the ingredients in this very much and also the fact that there is zero sugar of any kind as I have eliminated that substance from my diet permanently.

With a banana and some strawberries this become very good tasting and I plan to continue to use it every morning. It also is not overloaded with iron, another thing I am trying to cut down on. I find that this makes me feel good and does not cause bloating. This is a great way to get some really healthy organic veggies into my diet every morning.

NUXE Relaxing Fragrant Water, 3.3 fl. oz.
NUXE Relaxing Fragrant Water, 3.3 fl. oz.
Price: $28.98
5 used & new from $28.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing body spray, June 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is indeed a nice way to end the bath or shower. It smells mildly of roses and feels cool and probably closes the pores. It is mostly alcohol and fragrance. I routinely apply rubbing alcohol after a shower to sterilize, refresh and invigorate the skin and this does the same thing only with a slight fragrance which is very pretty. There is a fine mist that comes out and this also is a nice body spray for a general refreshing tonic.

I would probably make my own spray with rubbing alcohol and fragrance but this is for those who want to purchase a refreshing body spray with a nice soft rose scent.

Maybelline New York Super Stay Better Skin Powder, Classic Ivory, 0.32 Ounce
Maybelline New York Super Stay Better Skin Powder, Classic Ivory, 0.32 Ounce
Price: $8.99
2 used & new from $8.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Powder with a skin penetrating ingredient for clear skin, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've never been fond of powder because it can look chalky and like talk sitting on the skin, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that this blended to my skin like a very fine veil of foundation. This hides minor redness and flaws and does not emphasize lines. It is very finely milled. I found I can use this without my usual foundation for a quick trip to the store, and look polished with even toned skin. It is fast and easy.

What sets this apart is the addition of salacyclic acid, an ingredient which dissolves the top layer of skin to release the trapped oils and dirt.
This is the ingredient in Stridex Pads used for pimples and blackheads. So for anyone who is battle acne or messy skin syndrome this will add a continual supply of this excellent ingredient. My concern is that adding a skin sloughing ingredient to a facial powder with some of the chemicals in this such as talc will not only cause irritation, but will allow these chemicals to invade into the skin and from there permeate the blood and body.

I want to be aware of what chemicals I put on my skin and in particular, which ones will actually penetrate the outer layers of skin to gain access to the rest of the body. Salacylcic Acid is one such chemical and should be used by itself at night on clean skin. I have reservations about using a daily powder with this ingredient. I prefer my skin to act as an impenetrable barrier as much as possible.

I realize that those with acne or blackheads may be desperate enough to be rid of this problem that they will try this and find this excellent ingredient helps their skin look clearer. So this probably will give clearer skin over time.

Maybelline New York Color Tattoo Eye Chrome Shadow, Beige Luster, 0.11 Fluid Ounce
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Daytime color, anytime bling, June 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is really pretty. I am very much into cosmetics and trying new ones so I was pleased to be able to sample this. I like the applicator and put a dab of this in the middle of my eyelids and used my finger to blend it out. The beige color is close enough to my skin tone that I did not have to be super careful about where this was applied. This adds some attractive shimmer to my eyelids. I am very casual and yet apply eyeshadow in a taupe shade or brown every day so this shade is perfect. I love the shimmer effect and will be happily wearing this in the daytime. Bold shadows and extreme makeup is the fashion now. This is the perfect blend of a natural neutral color with a hint of bling.

This shade would be flattering on most skin tones and it is versatile enough to not save it for night. In fact at might I would wear a much more intense shadow so for me, this is strictly a daytime shadow which adds in interesting and pretty new dimension to my eyes.

Maybelline New York Volume Express The Colossal Spider Effect Washable Mascara, Glam Black, 0.33 Fluid Ounce
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect spidery mascara, June 15, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I really like this. It creates a very full look and while it does stick the lashes together for the spider eye look it is very flattering. This manages to achieve a lot of volume plus length and is extremely inky black. I didn't know what to expect and wasn't sure I wanted my lashes to be in the spider eye effect but this is amazingly attractive and manages to pull off a deliberatey clumped look to my lashes while looking absolutely fabulous much to my surprise.

This washes off easily with my regular facial cleaner, and there is no fallout at all. This is a winner.

JAPONESQUE Pixelated Color Eyelighter, Shade 02, 3.04 oz.
JAPONESQUE Pixelated Color Eyelighter, Shade 02, 3.04 oz.
Price: $23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight moisture rich concealer, June 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an ok concealer in a pen which delivers a drop of the concealer onto a brush. I found this creamy and moisturizing but it has a way of highlighting the undereye area rather than being more matte. There is a very dewy finish that never did quite dry down and become invisible. I found that trying to spread this out to make it less obvious only caused the concealer qualities to become thinner so nothing was really concealed.

This is ok if you only have the tiniest bit of darkness you need to conceal but if you have some major issues with dark undereye shadows you will need something more opaque than this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20