Profile for AKN > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 260

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed

Price: $129.53
24 used & new from $123.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Pinnacle beats out all other brands, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been using Pinnacle video software for a few years now. I did not find it to be a steep learning curve and in fact found this was easier to use than other brands. Maybe it's because I've been editing videos for years. But there are some terrible software programs out there for video editing. This at least works flawlessly, does what you need it to do, and does not have glitches or make mistakes or freeze up on you.

This has just about every feature I need plus some I will never need. I can add music and text and effects, which in this version are really great and there is a huge variety to choose from.

This does take up much room on my hard drive but that's ok since I have a super drive which has more space than I can use in ten lifetimes. Pinnacle is the top of the line software and this Ultimate version is the best. It might take you working with this for a couple of hours a night for a week or two before you learn all that you can do with this but it is so worth the time and effort.
I love to get creative with this. For me this is the best, and I've tried at least a dozen different video editing programs.

APLWL USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable 6FT-PVC jacket-Purple
APLWL USB 2.0 A to Micro B Cable 6FT-PVC jacket-Purple
Price: $5.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect plug in for my phone, November 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have another one of these that is only two feet long and I keep it permanently connected to my laptop with the phone plugged into it in the daytime while I work. I was aggravated to only have a two foot cord though so this makes the phone easy to use while it's charging. And it's easy to find this and identify what it is used for, since it's purple.

I now use this instead of the shorter one like it I have. I find it very convenient to use. I like keeping this handy to keep my phone charged, and like the fact that it's long enough to allow me to use my phone while it's charging.

Only® Car Mobile Cushion Bed Bedroom Inflation Travel Thicker Mattress Back Seat Extended Mattress (Green)
Offered by ONLY ME
Price: $139.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm saving money on motels with this., November 19, 2014
This was exactly what I was looking for to use in my car on my extended road trips. I have a Toyota Venza with a large rear cargo section but there are lumps and bumps and I needed to make myself comfortable back there.

Here are the product details:

*The dimensions of the unit folded are : 9.84" L x 8.66" W x 6.69" H.
*The mattress is 45 1/2" x 51 1/4" x 35"
* Thickness: 3.25"
*Maximum Load bearing: 800 lbs
* Also included with the mattress are: electric air pump, repair pad, glue kits.
* Manufacture says this will fit 90% of cars
* Included is a nice fabric carrying bag with handles
* Delivery was super fast, about two days

This comes very nicely packaged in a box with a carry handle. The air pump, which plugs into your cars electric outlet/cigarette light outlet, is included. This has a wonderfully soft durable waterproof flocked finish. It is extremely comfortable to stretch out on and by simply adding a pillow at the end it is possible to fully stretch out lengthwise on this.

It pumps up in about ten minutes and fully deflates in the same amount of time, folding up into a very small neat package that tucks away in it's matching carrying bag.

It is also possible to use this in the home as a mattress, and I see this would be an alternative to more expensive air mattresses that people use for overnight guests.

It may help to measure the back of your car where you will be using this to make sure it will fit.
This is an amazingly high quality product and I have inflated it, used it for sleeping, and deflated it with no problems. I find it very comfortable to lie on. It turns my car into a nice sleeping area on my road trips.

I will also be taking this with me on camping trips. It's the perfect size to fit into a smaller tent, and with a sleeping bag on it will ensure a good night's sleep.

*Sample provided for review

Danica Studio Shower Curtain, Umbrellas
Danica Studio Shower Curtain, Umbrellas
Price: $59.99
3 used & new from $59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty and tasteful, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm not a fan of shower curtains in general and that's why when we remodeled a bathroom I deliberately left off of putting in a shower curtain or even a rod. I am now in the process of having a nice brushed nickel rod put in so I can display this pretty shower curtain.

This has a wonderful cotton fabric, and it has beautiful subtle colors. This should go with any decor. I favor modern, and this fits in perfectly. In particular I love the texture of this, since it looks like a very well made, natural cotton fiber fabric.
An inner plastic curtain is mandatory with this if you actually use this in a shower and it gets wet. I only take tub baths in the room this is in and yet wanted this in there to add some color to the room.

This is a reasonably priced curtain considering the obvious high quality. The print, colors and fabric are all high end looking.

MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
MetRX Prime Nutrition Bar, Peanut Butter Banana, 6 Count
Price: $24.17
8 used & new from $17.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Nutritious, November 16, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While I cannot find anything wrong with the natural pure ingredients in this nutrition bar, there is so much competition out there now in the realm of protein bars and nutrition bars that for a company to succeed in this market it needs to have a really great tasting snack bar. And while everyone has different ideas of what tastes good I can only speak for my own opinion of this. So with that in mind, I must say that I did not care for the taste or texture of this bar. I did not taste banana or peanut. I couldn't identify what the flavor was as it was bland and unrecognizable to me. The color also was a bit off putting as it was a pale greyish tan putty color, while the texture was dry and paste like. So for me, this was not something I would buy but others may disagree.
I could not get the first bite down and had to spit it out.

Tom's of Maine Baby Moisturizing Lotion, Lightly Scented, 6 Ounce
Tom's of Maine Baby Moisturizing Lotion, Lightly Scented, 6 Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Natural Formula, November 15, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I will be using this on my own skin rather than on a babies skin. This is one of the only lotions I've tried that not only has a very natural, non frightening formula, but also has absolutely zero scent of any kind. Water, glycerin, coconut oil and shea butter are the first four ingredients and the rest of the ingredients are also free of chemicals that are dangerous.

This is non greasy and absorbs while creating a soft smooth feel on the skin. It is light and does the job well of moisturizing without all the unpleasant things that lotions can do such as smell bad, make skin oily, have unhealthy ingredients, or be hard to wash off. This succeeds by eliminating all the problems other lotions have.

I can recommend this for a baby or anyone. These days we are all looking for lotions that don't cause more harm than they do good and this one accomplishes that goal beautifully.

Canon P-215II document Scanner
Canon P-215II document Scanner
Price: $239.99
29 used & new from $199.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing Scanner, November 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First I must say that the picture of this is deceiving. It looks like a bulky awkward piece of equipment but it's actually a small compact neat little devise that takes up very little room on a desk. I have this on the coffee table next to my laptop and it is only about four inches by twelve inches or less. It's small. The top folds up and becomes the paper holder to feed your documents and photos into the scanner.

I found it was absolutely necessary to use the included CD with the drivers, as Windows could not find drivers for this. Also on the CD is software for such apps as Dropbox and Evernote, along with a lot of other such online storage services, so you can pick and choose which ones you want to install according to which storage solution you use. I use mostly Dropbox and was pleased to see that after I completed a scan, I was asked if I wanted to upload the scan to Dropbox, along with the image that I had saved to my desktop.

I had this up and scanning within 15 minutes of unboxing. I could not make it work with only the one USB cable and instead used both the included USB cables, one of which supplies power to the device. Supposedly, it will work with only one cable using it's internal software instead of the computer's software installed from the disk. I did not find a way to do this although in the coming days I will be working more on this issue. Most likely if I had turned the small on/off switch on the back to "on" it would have worked with just one cable, since this tells the devise to use it's internal software.

This will scan both sides of a document or photo automatically. It propels the document through the little scanner and immediately shows the scan and asks where you want to store it.

To make a scan you can either use the software that has been installed on your computer, or you can simply push the lit blue button on the scanner. It is very simple and it works wonderfully well.

I use several computers in my home and now with this can simply put this scanner with whichever computer I happen to be using.
This takes scanning to a new level for me. I've loved my flatbed Epson scanner, but this is so small and portable that this will be getting used by all my computers. I will retire the old Epson to the closet. It takes up too much desktop space. This can be kept out of sight in the cabinet until ready for use. All I have to do is install the software on all the computers at home.
As I said, Windows could not automatically find drivers for this, which is a first for any devise.

This is a wonderful small scanner that performs easily and beautifully. And having it ask me at each scan if I want to save the scan to Dropbox is fantastic. Now all my old family photos will be put on Dropbox. This also has no problem scanning business cards if they are placed in the center of the tray. This scanner worked flawlessly and easily for me and I recommend it.

em michelle phan The Life Palette Moment, Ice Bunny
em michelle phan The Life Palette Moment, Ice Bunny
Price: $35.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Natural Looking, November 12, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I dislike makeup that looks like I'm wearing it. This suits me perfectly. These are soft, subtle shadows, cheek color and lip gloss.
I was able to use a couple of the very natural looking shadows and was pleased to see that, rather than announcing that I had on eye shadow, these pretty earthy shades simply enhanced and highlighted my own eye color and skin. This is perfect in my opinion.

It would be impossible to apply this makeup wrong since the shades are subtle and natural. The cheek color in particular is that natural pink blush shade which would work on absolutely any skin tone. I have very white skin and this looked so natural that it looked like I had a little sun on my face rather than making me look made up.

Every shade of gloss, blush and eye shadow is wearable for a daytime look. The darkest shadow can be used as liner. My only complaint would be that there isn't enough of the lip gloss in the two small pans. These also are very natural, enhancing shades.

This will be my daily makeup kit for daytime wear from now on. I can simply throw this makeup on and know I look better, in a healthy natural way. This is mistake proof makeup for those who like a no makeup look that makes you look healthy and natural. For me, this is what I've always wanted in makeup. Even the little two ended brush is nice. This will replace a whole lot of old makeup that takes up too much space. This is the total daytime makeup kit for me.

YogaAddict Yoga Mat Towel and Hand Towel Combo Set - 100% Microfiber, Non Slip, Super Absorbent, Ideal as Bikram, Ashtanga, Hot Yoga Mat Towel, For Any Type of Yoga Styles, Fitness, Pilates - 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Offered by YogaAddict
Price: $29.90 - $59.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for a Yoga class!, November 11, 2014
I take yoga in three different studios. In one, they have very thick nice mats but who wants to lie on something lots of sweaty bodies have been on? Not me. I put this down on top of the provided thick mats and have a slip-proof, clean soft surface to lie on. And I have my little matching towel to put around my neck or dry off on after class.

I like a lot of padding between me and the floor when I do yoga but most people would be able to use the large towel in this set as a yoga mat. The texture is very soft and yet it is non skid completely. I have slippery white tile floors and this does not move at all even in my triangle poses with feet about 3.5 feet apart and bending sideways. This is a sure thing and while it does not feel sticky it does seem to stick solidly to any floor surface.

Also I use this on top of my thin yoga mat for some extra luxury when I'm on my stomach on it. I like having this next to my body while performing asanas. It's a perfect texture, not like a towel as much as a thin soft blanket that has a smooth texture. It has a nice solid wide binding all the way around too.

It got here in about two days from when I ordered it. It was well packaged, each towel being rolled up with a clear wrapper all the way over it to protect it.

This is an extra luxury for your yoga classes. I also love the other products from this company, especially the yoga socks with the individual toes in them. If you've never tried these you will love them.

As always, YogaAddict has produced another indispensable product for us yoga enthusiasts.

*I was provided with a free sample.

Maidenform Sleek Smoothers WYOB Bodybriefer Shapewear, Black, Large
Maidenform Sleek Smoothers WYOB Bodybriefer Shapewear, Black, Large
Offered by Sports Apparel & Intimates
Price: $16.94
5 used & new from $16.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort plus control, November 11, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the first really comfortable shapewear I've ever worn. I'm not fond of having my clothing hugging me tightly so I usually do not bother with any type of undergarments that are made to be smoothing. There are times though under clinging dresses when something like this is mandatory.

This actually is not so tight that I am aware of it when I'm wearing it which is a first for this type of clothing for me. It's soft and adds a tiny bit of warmth which I appreciate, but I probably would not wear this in the summer. It's very stretchy and does for my figure what my lycra leggings do for my legs, which is to make them look firm and smooth. No more side bulges in a clinging dress. This is definitely something I could wear all day long, or out in the evenings, without feeling constricted or uncomfortable. It's all about comfort for me so this gets five stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20