Profile for AKN > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 396

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

AKN RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Honeystore Lady's Leaf Shape Crystal Resin Ear Cuff Left Ear
Honeystore Lady's Leaf Shape Crystal Resin Ear Cuff Left Ear
Offered by Honeystore
Price: $27.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning attention getter, May 4, 2015
This is an absolutely stunning ear cuff. The stones are beautiful and really sparkle. This goes on the left ear, and surrounds the outer ear completely in jewels, which really light up the face. The colors are a clear/white like diamonds, a black like onyx and a clear/golden like champagne diamonds. The shapes of the stones are Marquise. This is a large amount of gemstones set into very realistic faux gold setting, encasing the ear in jewels and calling attention to the face. The crystals in this are absolutely stunning.

There is an ear post for this for a pierced ear, and a clip like a clip on earring for the top of the ear to hold the top part flat against the ear. It is quite comfortable. This is great for a dressed up look and is a real attention grabber, to make sure all eyes are on you. This looks elegant and very modern, and is not something you see every day.

This is a gorgeous ornament for the ear, and looks fantastic against the skin and long flowing hair. It's beautiful, and comes in a gorgeous baby blue hinged presentation gift box, and is sealed in its own little clear bag inside the box. It would make a great gift for a pretty lady. Recommended for all fashionistas who love beautiful bling.

Honeystore Men's Titanium Steel Rolo Chain Cross Pendant Necklace Color Black Silver Length 19.6 inch
Offered by Honeystore
Price: $31.99
2 used & new from $26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow this is gorgeous!, May 4, 2015
The photos of this here do not do this justice. When I got this I was amazed by the quality and the simple and beautiful chain and cross. I had gotten this for a male friend, but when I saw it I had to have it for myself. The chain is outstanding, and has a nice weight and lays beautifully, and is a very longer flattering length. The cross is simple and elegant.

I gave in and gave it to my friend as I had originally planned. He is devout, and his face lit up when I handed it to him. He put it on and I was pleased to see that even on him it is the perfect longer length and looked stunning. Order this with confidence. It comes inside a very nice gift box and again I want to emphasize, this is really extra nice. The chain is gorgeous and the cross is simply elegant.

*I was sent a free sample for review.

OmniMount OE120IW 40 to 80 Inches Recessed In-Wall TV Mount
OmniMount OE120IW 40 to 80 Inches Recessed In-Wall TV Mount
Price: $349.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost flush mount for TVs, May 4, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am not going to try to explain the details of installing this since this is not something I or my husband are qualified to do ourselves. Installation of this is best left to professionals who do this routinely in my opinion unless you are exceptionally handy around the house with tools and engineering skills. The wiring and setup of the total system and components alone requires some well thought out installations and people with experience.

We have a walk in closet behind the wall this was mounted on and it contains some shelves which we store the various components on. We also have a great infrared setup to control the components, which work with remotes through the wall, which we got from a well known electronics store, and they were the ones who came out and set the entire system up, using this to mount the television.

It took two men several hours to do our entire setup, and they did say this was a very well made mount, one which their store does not carry. In fact their store does not sell flush mounts for televisions like this at all. They put two 2 X 4s across the studs to support this seventeen pound mount to stabilize it. We also had hired an electrician to install electrical outlets in the closet behind where this is mounted before it was installed.

We leave our 55 inch television pushed back against the wall when we aren't watching it and it looks fantastic that way. What we love most about this is the way it will swivel in any direction, and tilt down so we can see the television at the best viewing angle no matter where we are in the room. We have this about only five feet up from the floor, as we don't want to have to tilt our heads upwards to watch TV. But there is nothing beneath the television. It is a very clean modern look we love. This is directly across from our king sized bed.

This has created a very stable solid base for our large wall mounted television and the cables are channeled through this and out of sight. While I can't recommend this as a do it yourself project unless you are unusually handy, this is a great wall mount for televisions and creates the kind of look we want in our home.

Ivation IVAGDM20 DehumMini Powerful Small-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier - Quietly Gathers Up to 8oz. of Water Per Day - Great for Smaller Room, Cupboard, Basement, Attic, Stored Boat, RV, Antique Car
Offered by DBROTH
Price: $39.99
3 used & new from $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful little dehumidifier, May 4, 2015
This is a very small desktop sized dehumidifier that really does its job well. I have had this running steadily for 24 hours now in a room that is about 10 X 12 feet. We are in south Florida and in spite of a great central air conditioning system, have a very humid and damp small room in the back of the house.

In 24 hours this has removed about a half cup of water from the air in this small room and the atmosphere is definitely not as damp feeling in there. Before, it was like a little steam room. Now it feels much more comfortable. I can be in there without my hair turning into a ball of frizz. This also circulates the air in there so it doesn't smell as stagnant and moldy in that room. The vent on the top blows out the air that is sucked in for dehumidifying. Overall, the entire room is much more pleasant feeling.

This would be terrific in a damp bathroom, or any room that tends to get damp and humid and is small. It does a great job. And it is almost silent.

I store lots of clothes and bedding in that small room, and was concerned about so much fabric being kept in such a damp, constantly humid environment.
I am buying a second one of these for our storage room in a commercial storage facility. We have a lot of furniture in there and although the place is air conditioned, it feels very damp and humid in there. Fortunately it is close enough to me that I can stop in a few times per week to empty the little bucket that collects the water in this. The machine shuts itself off whenever the water bucket is removed and comes back on when it is reinserted.

This is a great little dehumidifier. I love it.

(*Sample provided for review.)

Yubi Power Slim Surge Protector with 3 AC Plug Outlet Plus 2 USB Ports Charging Station with New V-socket Loading Status Color Changing Display
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Surge Protector, May 3, 2015
I love this surge protector. I love the light green light that shines on the top of it whenever it's plugged in, since it provides a pretty nightlight in an otherwise pitch black room. If there is a dangerous condition it will glow yellow, or if there is a red light on it indicates a power overload, something that is nice to know. I have not seen any other surge protectors that warn you in the way. Most will glow a small red light and simply flip off during a power surge.

This can be plugged into the bottom outlet on a two outlet wall plug-in, and leave the top outlet uncovered, turning the standard two outlet wall plug into four.

This also has two USB ports to charge your devices. The design, and the shiny white plastic, is attractive and this was properly designed with a little peg attached to the back so it stays parallel to the wall rather than having the bottom slant back to rest on the wall.

This is a quality wall surge protector and looks great, as well as adding two additional outlets and two USB charging ports to your standard wall outlet. This would be nice in a bathroom or kitchen, as well as an office. The pretty light green nightlight, although not intended as a nightlight, is an added bonus for me.

(Sample provided for review.)

Yubi Power 7 AC Outlet Power Strip with New V-socket Loading Status Color Changing Display and 4 Foot Cord
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty shiny power surge protection, May 3, 2015
I was impressed by the looks of this shiny white attractive power strip. There is no reason to get one of the ugly black ones when you can have this clean modern one, with its pretty light green light strip on the side, indicating that it is on and everything is ok. This LED light strip will turn yellow to indicate caution, or red to show an overload condition. I have not seen a surge protector with this feature before, and it's nice to know that I will be alerted when I'm drawing too much power on a surge protector to be safe.

Most surge protectors have thick cords, but the one on this is super thick for some reason. As with most surge protectors of this design, the outlets are close together and those bulky power boxes that are on the cords of most computers, camcorders, and just about everything, will take up the space of two outlets on this. Aside from this I see nothing to complain about here. It looks great, has the unique feature of a warning yellow light, as well as a red light for overloads, and does the job well. It's as close to pretty as a power strip can get.

Yubi Power 8 Universal Outlet 4 USB Port Surge Protector Power Tower with Overload Protection for all Electronic Devices and iPhone, iPad, Android, Samsung and More - Black and White - US Plug
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Super versatile surge protector with 8 outlets, May 3, 2015
This is the first tower surge protector I've ever seen, and this has a definite advantage of taking up much less floor space, or can even be placed on a table or desktop without looking out of place or consuming valuable desk real estate.

Bring this to Europe on your travels and have access to surge protection with the eight outlets, plus the four USB power ports. These outlets will work in either the USA or Europe.

But the true reason I wanted this was for all my massive power plugs, which can hog two spaces on a regular power strip. This has enough space around each outlet to plug in the biggest power transformers without blocking another outlet.

And speaking of versatile, there are a total of three separate on/off switches so you can turn only four of the eight outlets on at one time. The third switch will turn off the USB ports. It's nice to leave your phones plugged into the USB ports and turn them all off when charged, or have your other USB devices such as speakers and ipods charging and plugged into this, and be able to flip the switch to turn them all off at once.

While being on the ugly side, for sheer practicality this is the most versatile surge protector I've ever seen.
I'm no expert, but I think "overload protection" is the same thing as surge protection. I have no way to test this to make sure it has surge protection. But I'm willing to risk it for the lovely convenience of having eight outlets in a very small space, and all those huge plugs and transformer boxes able to take up about a 5 inch by 5 inch space on the floor under one electrical outlet. I haven't seen anything as space saving, and for me this is an ingenious invention to solve the problem of all those plugs all over the floor.

(Sample provided for review.)

APEC - Top Tier - Built in USA - Ultra Safe, Premium 5-Stage Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filter System (ROES-50)
Price: $199.00
16 used & new from $159.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Osmosis Water Filter System, May 2, 2015
This is a very high quality osmosis water filter system for under our kitchen sink. It took about one hour to install by our plumber. Now our water is crystal clean and pure. I had it analyzed and got a very good report back saying all fluride was gone and almost all particulates. I love this system and only wish I had gotten it long ago. I would have saved a bundle on all that bottled water that isn't even as good tasting as our tap water is now.

South Shore Gloria King Headboard with Lights, 78-Inch, Chocolate and Zebrano
South Shore Gloria King Headboard with Lights, 78-Inch, Chocolate and Zebrano
Price: $180.71
5 used & new from $176.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, May 2, 2015
I got this in the twin size for a spare bedroom. It is simply beautiful and the picture does not do it justice. It is modern with clean lines. It is made of a tough particle board. We did need to buy some different bolts and nuts to put it together but once we did that it went together and bolted to the bed frame easily. The lights are very pretty when turned on and I find no problem turning them on. Although the shipping box came beat up, the boards were undamaged and I found nothing wrong with the item. It did take some work to assemble but not too bad. It was worth it.

BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
BLU Selfie US GSM - Unlocked (White Gold)
Price: $249.00
4 used & new from $240.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Low cost iPhone Alternative, May 1, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very impressive phone which is a viable alternative for those of us who won't pay five hundred bucks or more for a premium brand phone.

This does everything an iPhone does including taking HD videos. It also has come a long way since the first BLU phone I reviewed in the looks and design department, the camera department, and the screen brightness and resolution. It also found and connected with my home network immediately, something the old first BLU phone never managed to do.

This boasts two impressive 13 megapixel cameras with Sony sensors on both the front and back. Both cameras have automatic flash, and the photos I took with this on each camera were stunning. There are a couple of fun software imaging programs included which smooth out skin and narrow faces, as well as convert color photos to black and white.

While the first BLU phone I reviewed was a bulky bright ugly pink affair with nothing but glitches, I'm happy to report that this is a completely sleek, thin, lightweight slick and beautiful phone. It comes with headphones for listening to music and FM radio, charging cord, clear protective case and screen protector.

The instruction booklet, in both Spanish and English, is printed so that you will need a magnifying glass to read it, and is just a very cursory guide to a few features written an a brief incomplete way.

The large screen will light up a dark room, and the colors and resolution are beautiful. This is a handy size for pocket or purse and while not being too small is still small enough to fit into my small purse. The screen is even good enough to enjoy viewing an entire movie on, despite the small size.

This uses the Android KitKat operating system. Sound quality is amazing.
Check out some of the impressive specs:

4.7" HD Display: (720x1280) 13.0MP Front and Back Camera with LED Flash with HD recording (1080p).
* 16GB Internal Storage with 2GB RAM and a Micro SD up to 64 GB
* 1.7 GHz Octa-Core Processor with MALI 450 GPU , Android 4.4 KitKat
* Premium Sound Quality with Wolfsan WM8918 audio chip

Every feature of a high priced iPhone is included in this, aside from video capability. Nothing is second rate or noticeably shabby about this phone. On the contrary, it looks beautiful, charged up very fast, is a pleasure to use, and is a thoroughly well thought out and perfectly designed powerhouse. Setup, including updating the firmware, was done in five minutes.

You don't need to pay over five hundred dollars for a full featured, beautiful thin lightweight powerful phone which you will be buying a separate case and screen protector for any more. You only need to pay the current list price for this BLU Selfie of $249. Put in your Sim Card and congratulate yourself on your intelligence for saving all that money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20