Profile for Dr Seuss > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dr Seuss RSS Feed (Houston, Tx)

Jack Link's Sasquatch Big Stick, Original, 2.2-Ounce Sticks (Pack of 24)
Jack Link's Sasquatch Big Stick, Original, 2.2-Ounce Sticks (Pack of 24)
Offered by Merchandise Unlimited Inc
Price: $19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars It's a lot like chewing greasy artificially flavored paper, September 3, 2014
Just tried this and indeed it is remarkably unpalatable. Mostly because it doesn't seem to digest at all with mastication and salivation. I suspect that stomach acid and churning may further break it down, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't. I searched the web for Jack Links + gross and again + filler to see if it was just me.

It's a lot like chewing greasy artificially flavored paper. To be fair the flavor is decent for a beef stick product. At first I thought it might just be the casing but no I think the plastic like casing may be more digestible than the internal meat product. I see that machine rendered chicken is a main component. Wonder if they bothered removing feathers, beak or feet first. Awful texture, mediocre flavor, but I felt that one stick was way too much to eat in one sitting. I may however save the rest in the trash.

One advocate in the review posts suggested that those not camping or roughing it outdoors may not appreciate the product. So if you are in survival mode this is recommended over shoe leather, bark or dirt? I'd agree to that.

If it's something that I'm going to pay for an choose to eat then I'm pretty sure that there are better choices. Maybe it is recommended fare for a Sasquatch.

With a Twist
With a Twist

5.0 out of 5 stars Funtastic!, August 27, 2010
This review is from: With a Twist (MP3 Music)
I agree with the first reviewer. I stumbled across this while looking for an obscure rap remix of the Batman theme. What I found was a great album. It's a bit hard to describe, but I have called it Pop Jazz. I don't mean that in a derogatory manner as to the pop reference, but in that it is accessible and that it doesn't require a finer ear to appreciate the pieces. I am in no way denigrating the talent of the musicians. They really bring it together and make it sound like they really enjoy playing together. I really like the 7th track "Studio None"; my girls call it the "spy song". Other standouts include the reworking of "Suzie Q", the eclectic "Me and the Blue" and the hip tune "Won't you join me for a Drink?" Overall the mood is cool, hip and it reminds me of all the ambiance of being at The Scene- like being at a Rat Pack party and hanging out with the In-Crowd.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 of 6 covers failed so far, February 12, 2010
CAVEAT EMPTOR! These covers have a stated 10 yr warranty, but I have consistently had them fail at 2 yrs. For warranty involving cleaning or replacing the mattress you are supposed to buy it with that mattress. Keep the receipt and you will be required to send the old pad in to find out why it failed. You are to dry it with other items, and on a lower heat setting. I'm in the process of getting #'s 3-6 replaced now. Last time I had difficulty with less than helpful customer service through Protect-a-Bed. I'll see how it goes this time. when asked about cleaning the mattress Protect a bed offerd instructins on how to clean a mattress. I left it at replacing my covers and haven't pushed for professional cleaning or replacement of the soiled mattresses. I'd like to hear if anyone has had success with either of those remedies.

On the plus size, they are comfortable and look nice.

added 3/3- p.s. once again struggling with their customer service for replacement products....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2011 5:04 PM PDT

Samsonite Double Comfort Travel Pillow with Pouch
Samsonite Double Comfort Travel Pillow with Pouch

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than waterboarding?, January 14, 2010
I had to fly back late at night from LAX and really needed to try to get some sleep before working the next morning. I picked up one of these and opted for this model instead of a big fluffy pillow so that I could store it for future trips. I tried it with the just the main chamber inflated, with both, fully inflated and with varied pressures to no avail. I tried it sideways and even upside down as well as the regular way and there was no way to make it tolerable. Overall it was horrendous. I asked the guy next to me after he stopped snickering if he had seen these on any news reports from Guantanamo.

When I first tried to use it the two most forward pieces closed around my neck and pressed gently right on my larynx. The force wasn't significant but it really gave me the feeling of being subtly choked. With pressure adjustments I could get it to just lie against my neck instead of the disconcerting pinscher motion when it was fully inflated. This by itself would have been manageable if that was the only issue. If you look at the picture there is a prominent membrane surrounding the opening of the neck. This is NOT soft, and is somewhat taut when inflated. It added to the vibe that I was being slowly garroted. Overall it's like wearing a funky life preserver that gives you the impression of impending doom.

If it was comfortable at all I would have forgiven any of these issues, but it was much worse than nothing. There really is no disguising that it's a glorified unyielding balloon. It is not soft and finally it doesn't support the head laterally- especially with the second pillow inflated. The ONE thing that I liked was that I could actually fold it up and get it back in it's included pouch.

Since thing was completely dysfunctional and I felt like I just threw away my money I thought that I'd call Samsonite and inquire if there was any remedy for my concerns about the product's stated intents: "Comfort" and "maximum relaxation". No luck. They brand this thing but that's where their interest stops. It is manufactured and any concerns need to be addressed by EB Brands. I'm still waiting to see if they reply to my phone call.

added 3/3- no they never tried to return my call. Maybe I'll try again.