Profile for RobAtlanta > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RobAtlanta RSS Feed

Onkyo TX-NR809 THX Certified 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
6 used & new from $424.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible sound!, June 10, 2011
I've had the previous generation 808 for several months, but had the need for a second receiver and wanted one I was already familiar with. Quite simply, I'm amazed at the sound quality of the 809. All music and movies sound much, much better - and the 808 is no slouch. The sound is richer, fuller and more balanced for all audio files - hi def files on my server, but also streaming music at low bit rates. Surround sound decoding and balance for movies is much improved and really adds to the "you are there" experience. The 809 helped me greatly with one of my major problems - subwoofers that don't have a lot of bark when Bruce Willis blows away the bad guys. Subs now sound much deeper and finally shake the floor and the only difference in my system is the 809. Onkyo has obviously put a lot of work into improving the audio processing technologies. GUIs are better - especially for the net function/button. I literally couldn't pull myself away from the 809 for hours after I set it up - I had to see how much better everything sounded. Couldn't be happier and consider the purchase worth every penny.
Comment Comments (29) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2012 12:32 PM PDT