Profile for Vince Palamara > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 385

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Vince Palamara RSS Feed (South Park/Bethel Park, PA)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Murder from Within: Lyndon Johnson's Plot Against President Kennedy
Murder from Within: Lyndon Johnson's Plot Against President Kennedy
by Fred T. Newcomb
Price: $22.99
31 used & new from $21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Important, seminal work, regardless of your take on one aspect of this great book, November 16, 2011
The entire research community is so indebted to Fred Newcomb: he gave us the body alteration theory (years before David Lifton), cogent criticisms of the Secret Service (while I was in diapers!), analysis of the LHO backyard photos (later made famous by Jack White), the Dodd/ Seaport Traders theory (in "Reasonable Doubt" and "Ultimate Sacrifice", among others), and, although I do not believe it, the Greer-shot-JFK theory (years before William Cooper et. al.). This book, the new and improved edition, reads well and even has good comments about JFK's foreign policy (Vietnam). I am a proud owner of an original. Do NOT let your feelings about the Greer-shot-JFK theory deter you from getting this important, seminal volume asap---there is ALOT of good, pioneering work contained herein. We are all indebted to Tyler Newcomb, Fred Newcomb, and Perry Adams. Buy this asap!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 22, 2014 2:00 PM PST

LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination
LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination
by Phillip F Nelson
21 used & new from $49.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly one of the best books on the JFK assassination ever!, October 29, 2011
I am truly impressed with Phillip Nelson's outstanding book "LBJ: The Mastermind of the JFK Assassination", now in an EXPANDED and UPDATED format on the very same publishing house as major best-selling authors Mark Lane and Jesse Ventura! While there are quite a few "honorable mentions", I feel strongly, based on reading hundreds of books and decades of research, that Nelson's book, along with Mark Lane's "Last Word", Doug Horne's "Inside The ARRB" 5-volume works, Jim Douglass "JFK & The Unspeakable", and Barry Ernest's "The Girl On The Stairs", is among THE very best books written on the JFK murder to date. Nelson finishes the work started by such authors as Craig Zirbel and Barr McClellan, yet greatly expands and improves on what came before. Nelson, Lane, Horne, Douglass, and Ernest: their works are absolutely essential to all students and scholars on the case.
Comment Comments (28) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2012 11:02 AM PDT

Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK
Last Word: My Indictment of the CIA in the Murder of JFK
by Mark Lane
37 used & new from $7.91

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC! GET THIS A.S.A.P.! THE KENNEDY DETAIL DEBUNKED!, October 26, 2011
Attorney Mark Lane thoroughly destroys Gerald Blaine & Lisa McCubbin's book "The Kennedy Detail": on the merit of this alone, every person who purcashed and/ or read that book needs to read this as the antidote. Lane saves his best JFK work for last with his appropriately titled tome "The Last Word", a book that joins Jim Douglass "JFK & The Unspeakable" and Douglas Horne's 5-volume series "Inside The Assassination Records Review Board" in the "holy troika" of essential, must-read (and own) Kennedy assassination books. Lane skillfully takes apart Vincent Bugliosi's magnum opus on the Oswald-did-it side entitled "Reclaiming History" and, most of all, Gerald Blaine's fraudulent "JFK-told-us-not-to" book "The Kennedy Detail"---for the latter, Lane used my research materials, for which I am most grateful. In addition, Lane adds further credibility to the tale of former Secret Service Agent Abraham Bolden and his book "The Echo From Dealey Plaza." It never ceases to amaze me how much great literature and research has come forth in the last 5-10 years. Mark Lane's book "The Last Word" adds to his legacy greatly. Get this one asap---Bugliosi, Blaine, and the CIA have a lot to answer for! Highly recommended; fantastic!
Comment Comments (38) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 10, 2013 9:18 AM PDT

Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy
Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy
by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
Price: $40.80
278 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, intimate portrait of a First Lady through her own words: a treasure!, September 14, 2011
A preliminary review: this book is an outstanding contribution to our understanding of one of the greatest First Ladies in our nation's history (in my opinion, only Eleanor Roosevelt and Betty Ford are her rivals). Jacqueline Kennedy comes to life in these pages, brilliantly edited and commented by renowned presidential historian Michael Beschloss. After reading so many "tell all" Jackie books that claim to have the "inside word", it is refreshing to have Jackie herself provide the first person account, not some journalist with 'sources'. There are many treasures and insights to be found in these pages, told in an intimate, straightforward fashion. As someone who has read countless books pertaining to President and Mrs. Kennedy, I thought nothing could surprise me at this late juncture. I was wrong. Caroline Kennedy has done us all a great service in providing the actual audio recordings from her mother's conversations with JFK aide Arthur Schlesinger, nobly transcribed and commentated by Beschloss.

"Jacqueline Kennedy: Historic Conversations on Life with John F. Kennedy" is required reading for all Kennedy fanatics and students of the First Lady. Again, this is merely a humble preliminary review, but, from what I have read and seen so far, I am greatly impressed. Highly recommended.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 19, 2011 5:37 PM PDT

The Girl on the Stairs: My Search For A Missing Witness To The Assassination Of John F. Kennedy
by Barry Ernest
19 used & new from $39.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, July 8, 2011
Barry Ernest has written a nice gem of a book with "The Girl On The Stairs." Clocking in at a little over 400 pages, the reader will enjoy the well-written, nicely structured feel of the book; very user-friendly, so to speak. Along with Doug Horne's 5-volume masterpiece and Jim Douglass' brilliant tome, Ernest's book is a very nice and essential addition to the JFK assassination library. Like those other seminal works, this is not the "same-ole-same-ole" or just theories---proof of conspiracy and cover-up in the JFK murder abounds. Along the way, we are treated to a nicely done telling of Ernest's journey towards truth and enlightenment. In addition, there are some other essential nuggets of information that add to the general notion of conspiracy, in general, as well as to the specific details of "The Girl On The Stairs", Victoria Adams, in particular (just how important her observations are come to light in this work, moreso than in any other previous work that either briefly mentions her in passing or, in many cases, not at all). Penn Jones was indeed correct when he stated that every serious researcher should "research the heck out a specific idea" (as, for example, I have done with the Secret Service). Barry Ernest has followed Jones' advice admirably (as well as that of his other, perhaps foremost, mentor in his quest for truth, Harold Weisberg).

To be honest, I purchased this book on a whim, unsure of what I was getting myself into. As a very jaded (at times) author and researcher, I feel I have "seen and heard it all before"...once again, as in the case of the aforementioned books by Horne and Douglass, I am glad to be proven wrong, especially at this late juncture. Buy this book asap!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great resource!, April 14, 2011
As the leading civilian authority on the Secret Service, I was thrilled to see my contributions to several Wikipedia articles included in this fine volume. This makes a fine reference work. Recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars My Wikipedia article on Robert DeProspero, April 13, 2011
Robert Lee DeProspero was a respected United States Secret Service agent, serving from 1965 to 1986. He is notable for serving on the Presidential Protective Division (PPD) during a large part of the Reagan administration, and for heading that division towards the end of his tenure.DeProspero attended West Virginia University, where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in physical education in 1959 and a master's degree in education in 1960.DeProspero devised several very important and innovative security measures during his time in the Secret Service that are used today: the "hospital agent" (stationing an agent at the nearest primary trauma hospital on a presidential movement), as well as the creation of metal detector checkpoints to screen every individual who could get a view of the president. This is what this book contains: MY article! :O)

LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination
LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination
by Phillip F Nelson
29 used & new from $6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding contribution to the truth!, January 3, 2011
I am very impressed with this fine book. "LBJ: The Mastermind of JFK's Assassination" makes a great companion to Jim Douglass fine book "JFK & The Unspeakable", as well as Doug Horne's masterful volumes. I was wary of the whole "LBJ-did-it" notion until I read this impressive book. Mr. Nelson is to be commended on some fine writing, research, and arguments. I continue to be impressed with some of the amazing volumes that have come out since 2000 on the JFK assassination case. Buy this asap!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 4, 2012 12:35 PM PST

Yngwie Malmsteen - Raw: Live
Yngwie Malmsteen - Raw: Live
DVD ~ Yngwie Malmsteen
3 used & new from $8.97

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 stars: fun, exciting, warts-and-all dvd! :O), July 2, 2010
This review is from: Yngwie Malmsteen - Raw: Live (DVD)
Yngwie Malmsteen is a God on guitar, as this dvd with demonstrate. Sure, this is not A+ production you are getting here, being a collection of very rare bootlegs and so forth. However, this is what makes this dvd FUN: it contains many gems you won't find in more polished collections (and Yngwie ALREADY has made many polished dvds). The dvd clocks in at 2 hours 15 minutes and approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes is REALLY great, while the other 45 minutes is just ok-very good. I really enjoyed the 2010 wrap-arounds and credits (complete with funny flubs) and there is enough fantastic guitar moments to overcome the ok-very good moments. I must digress: I was not only AT the 9/10/85 Pittsburgh, PA Civic Arena show (Yngwie opened for ACDC and, at the time, we were wondering "who is that guy singing?", as we were expecting Jeff Scott Soto and received an unnamed Marc Boals instead!), but THAT IS MY VIDEO! Needless to say, I am thrilled to see it a part of this fantastic, warts-and-all, interesting collection. More artists need to release fun bootleg collections.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 11, 2011 4:09 PM PDT

Inside the Assassination Records Review Board: The U.S. Government's Final Attempt to Reconcile the Conflicting Medical Evidence in the Assassination of JFK - Volume 3
by Douglas P. Horne
Price: $21.91
33 used & new from $19.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Pulitzer Prize, anyone? :), December 16, 2009
There's an old saying: never say never. Well, this has been a strange and heady couple years with regard to literature in the JFK assassination case. After being a fervent believer in a conspiracy in President John F. Kennedy's death (from about the age of 12 to 41!), the Spring of 2007 yielded the Oswald-did-it-alone masterpiece "Reclaiming History" by the highly respected author and former prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi that, quite literally, made my world upside down and had me reassess everything I knew (or thought I knew) about JFK's murder. Result? While I still believed there were multiple conspiracies (plural) to kill Kennedy, and that (speaking as the leading civilian Secret Service authority) the Secret Service was grossly negligent on 11/22/63 in Dallas, at the end of the day, Oswald beat everyone to the punch, so to speak; for all intents and purposes, that solved it for me, albeit with a great deal of discomfort.

Then came ANOTHER masterpiece of even greater length (spread over 5 volumes) that, once again, turned my world upside down (some would say, right side up)!

Douglas P. Horne, the author of this latest masterpiece, "Inside The Assassination Records Review Board," has achieved a literary feat worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. His 5 volume study (5 books in one, so to speak) reads almost like the Defense's side of the case; the perfect answer to the Prosecution's ("Reclaiming History") masterful plea to the bench. I am amazed and highly impressed with the book as both a very inspired, well put together piece of art (it's a great read!) AND for the substance--and length---of the (counter) argument. While Vince Bugliosi did the seeming impossible back in 2007 (convincing me, however begrudgingly, that Oswald acted alone, despite others who wished JFK ill), Douglas P. Horne has turned around and performed HIS own version of the impossible: convincing me I was WRONG in 2007---a delightful, soul searching, slightly embarassing, and honest appraisal. After all, it is somewhat painful, as a seasoned researcher with a "stake" in the case, to admit he was in error...twice!

Bugliosi's book cleans up the "junk" in the case and presents the best case for Oswald acting alone; STILL a terrific book (THE best Oswald-did-it book that will ever be written---infinitely better than Gerald Posner's "Case Closed" or the insufficient Warren Report). That said, Douglas P. Horne's masterwork trumps "Reclaiming History" and presents the best nuts-and-bolts-and-more case for conspiracy I ever thought possible, circa 2009 and post-Bugliosi. While I have sung the praises for many books over the years, no other book (other than David McCullough's triumphant "Truman") has moved me to the point where I would recommend the volume achieving the vaunted Pulitzer Prize...yes, I am THAT impressed with Horne's years of research and insider work on the case. Jim Douglass excellent volume "JFK and the Unspeakable" serves almost as a companion volume---the "warm-up act"---to Horne's masterwork.

The MEDICAL evidence is the keystone to the case, bar none. With this firmly in mind, Horne, as a respected insider into the U.S. Government's final investigation into JFK's assassination in the mid to late 1990's, has laid out the best case for conspiracy I have ever read, especially at this late juncture (and where my thinking on the case was at not long before his 5 volume study appeared). I won't spoil things by revealing anything specific in this review (sorry!). I will just say this: get these books asap---you will find yourself (like myself) reading them and refering to them many times over.

I recently admonished people in the research community (of which I am one) to, quote, "get a life" (shades of William Shatner, huh?). Well, disregard that bit of advice: instead, GET DOUGLAS P. HORNE'S BOOKS...NOW! 5 PLUS STARS; THE HIGHEST RATING HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Vince Palamara
Comment Comments (84) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 4, 2014 5:03 PM PST

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30