Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
Profile for J. Weaver > Reviews

Browse

J. Weaver's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1303

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Weaver RSS Feed (CA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wrangler Men's Authentics Men's Premium Long Sleeve Woven Shirt, Sodalite Blue Plaid, Medium
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the way the shirt looks on him, July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I ordered this shirt for my husband who generally wears a size medium. I love the way the shirt looks on him. He usually wears t-shirts, so this shirt is comfy-casual for him. He says he likes the look and feel of it and that it's really comfortable. He wears it with an undershirt, as he does all button down shirts.

The fabric is nice. It's lightweight but cut well so it doesn't look slouchy. I think it looks good with khakis and great with jeans. It's the perfect shirt for date night.

Hard Rules: A Dirty Money Novel
Hard Rules: A Dirty Money Novel
by Lisa Renee Jones
Price: $6.89

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of loose ends left dangling, but not interesting enough for me to read the next book, July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was a pretty mediocre read for me. We have the alpha male who sees the heroine and immediately determines he must have her even though she's probably too good for him. We have the beautiful, strong, and independent woman on the run who doesn't quite need rescuing, but who's trying to keep secret that she has a deep secret. And while the plot develops slowly, there isn't much character development.

There is too much build up about Emily's secret, with no answers by the end of the book. Likewise, there's too much of a to-do about Shane's dysfunctional family and their shady business. I would have been okay with the business stuff not being cleared up until the next book because I rarely do cliffhangers, and it would not have interfered with a happy ending, but I don't like that they book ends on a cliffhanger that doesn't even secure the relationship between Emily and Shane.

I suppose the ending is supposed to hook us for the next book. But honestly, it's not even going to be on my radar. I'm too annoyed by the cliffhanger to care about what happens to the characters now, especially since not a single one of them was especially likable.

Fred & Friends DINNER DJ Kids' Dining Set
Fred & Friends DINNER DJ Kids' Dining Set
Price: $21.39
10 used & new from $16.98

4.0 out of 5 stars This is an adorable dining set that makes toddler meal time just a ..., July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is an adorable dining set that makes toddler meal time just a little bit more fun. Honestly, most kids nowadays have never seen a real turntable, so they might not know exactly what this is supposed to resemble. But they will enjoy the little dials and the slider that moves, even if they don't actually produce any sound.

The spork looks like a needle arm, but it lifts off and is functional. The dish is not really deep, but deep enough to accommodate a toddler sized meal. Because of the slider and little grooves on the plate, I would contain this to non-saucy meals (like chicken nuggets, cut fruit, and veggies).

ALEX Toys Craft Friends 4 Ever Scrapbook
ALEX Toys Craft Friends 4 Ever Scrapbook
Offered by InPrimeTime
Price: $13.00
26 used & new from $10.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter set for novice scrapbookers, July 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a pretty decent scrapbook set for somebody who has never completed a scrapbook before. There are enough pages and enough accessories to create some cute layouts, but not so much that it would be overwhelming. For someone with more experience, and who might already have a collection of embellishments to use, the primary benefit of this kit would be the spiral scrapbook.

The content listing says that the scrapbook is 48 pages. To clarify, that includes front and back, so there are actually only 24 sheets of paper in the spiral. This might be a drawback for some, but it's perfect for my 9-year-old who is using it to create a scrapbook of her summer. There are six blank sheets of scrapbook paper included, as well as lots of precut shapes and stickers. Although it's not expressly marketed as a themed scrapbook, the pages in the spiral, as well as the cutout phrases and shapes lean toward a music, with lots of guitars, microphones, and phrases like "Girls Rock" and "Rocking Out." My daughter loves music, so it fits her style, but if your child isn't really into music, this might not suit her too well.

While most of the supplies included are of fair to good quality, the glue stick and scissors are on the cheap end. They work, but you'll want to have sharper scissors and more adhesive on hand. Nothing on te packaging indicates that the pages or adhesives are archival quality, and I didn't expect it to, but it's worth noting.

Although it's sometimes fun to buy craft projects as a gift, this is one that I would consider purchasing only if I (or my child) had a specific idea in mind for what was to go in. Scrapbooking is fun, but labor intensive, so if you've never done it before, this might also be a good set to test the waters.

Fast Flip Card Game
Fast Flip Card Game
Price: $13.57
15 used & new from $9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game to play with mixed age groups; the only thing you have to be able to do is count., July 20, 2016
This review is from: Fast Flip Card Game (Toy)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Fast Flip is a rather simple but quite fun game. It requires no knowledge other than an ability to count to five, which makes it a perfect family game. I'm able to play with both my 5- and 9-year-olds, and the more they play, the better they get at it.

There are three different ways to play, as explained on the included directions. There isn't a huge difference between the three games--the first (Flip It) calls for matching pictures to numbers or fruit between cards and shouting out the answer; the second (Token Grab) calls for the same matching where you grab for tokens instead of shouting out; the third (Token Line) calls for matching pictures on the cards to tokens. Reading the directions aloud to my kids just one time made all three games easy for us to play.

We especially enjoyed playing the games that involved tokens. Token Grab has you lay out the 10 included tokens in a line and then flip a card. When you flip a card that has the fruit on it, you figure out the match, then grab the correct token. The first player to get four tokens wins. But what makes this the funnest of the three games for us is that you can steal tokens from other players in the course of the game, so even if one player is ahead, everyone still has a chance. It's competitive but fun, and there aren't a whole lot of ways to argue, as my kids can sometimes do when they start to get overly competitive playing board games.

This game was designed by Blue Orange, who also created the Spot It games. We love those games, too, but I think this slightly beats those out.

Franklin Sports Equipment Bag
Franklin Sports Equipment Bag
Price: $9.95
8 used & new from $6.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, plasticky look and feel, July 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before ordering this equipment bag, I pretty much thought that all mesh bags were the same. I though the biggest thing that might separate this from other bags was its size. I was quite mistaken. This bag is inferior in so many ways to every other mesh bag I own.

First, the material the mesh is made from isn't the nylon I was expecting. It's plastic, and it's abrasive. It is sort of like the bags that we get bulk onions from at Costco--except these bags aren't as smooth and they aren't as pliable. The drawstring was a particular issue for me because the plastic is so rough, and this is the place where you don't just cinch the bag, it also becomes the carrying string.

That's another issue I had with this bag--the only place to carry it from is the drawstring. That might not be an issue if the drawstring were nylon or cotton rope. But the plastic is rough, and if you use it to carry anything heavy, you're going to feel it in your hands.

This is a big,roomy bag, but it's very cheap looking and feeling. It'll serve a purpose, but it's far from ideal.

Franklin Sports Tennis Tabletop
Franklin Sports Tennis Tabletop
Price: $5.18

3.0 out of 5 stars as some work better than others, July 17, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I didn't expect a high quality table tennis set when I ordered this, but I did expect something a little more. This set comes with a very lightweight net, two paddles, and a ball. Despite the claim in the description, the suction cups on the net to do stick to "any" surface, as some work better than others.

The description describes this as a stocking stuffer, and it is very much on par with the quality of stocking stuffers sold at mass merchandisers around Christmas. Whether this will be a worthwhile purchase for you is really dependent on the price and on your expectations. If both are low, you'll find this to be a fun set.

Shrinky Dinks 3D Flower Jewelry
Shrinky Dinks 3D Flower Jewelry

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for kids (and adults) of all ages, July 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I remember shrinky dinks from when I was a kid--the commercials made me want them so bad, but I never got them. As an adult, it's been very fun to color and shrink these with my kids. What's especially great about this kit is that my kids can use it to create stuff for themselves or as gifts, since they're at that age where they want to make things for everyone else all the time.

The kit comes with parts to make five pieces of jewelry, including 26 flowers and 12 leaves. The designs on these are printed in black so that you can color around them. They are also conveniently pre-cut. The kit also comes with colored pencils. They are the length of golf pencils, which is perfect for the amount of flowers that you get.

There is also a baking tray included that helps to curve the flowers as they bake. Unfortunately, this only allows three flowers at a time, which is a waste of energy, even in the toaster oven. My kids love watching these things shrink in the oven; I'll admit, it's still fun for me, too.

It would have been nice to have some flowers that were shaped but without any designs on them, so that kids could create their own flowers. But I know that you can purchase blank Shrinky Dink paper (Shrinky Dinks Crystal Clear 10 Sheet Creative Pack), which we will likely do because my kids love this stuff.

Cecil's Pride
Cecil's Pride
by Craig Hatkoff
Price: $13.79
44 used & new from $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed by both my 5- and 9-year-old children, July 14, 2016
This review is from: Cecil's Pride (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I wasn't sure what to expect when I ordered this book. I was hoping that the kids would learn some factual information about lions,but I was also concerned that the author might just be trying to make a quick buck off of Cecil's fame and the story behind his death. In either case, I was also worried about whether the writing would be of good quality, and how much of it there would be at all. And I was also concerned about how much detail there would be about how Cecil died.

I was pleased when we read this book that it takes a very kid-friendly approach to informing readers about lions in general and Cecil in particular. My 9-year-old read this aloud to her 5-year-old brother, and they both enjoyed it. There were several places where the kids naturally wanted to stop to talk about wildlife conservation, about lion behaviors, about Cecil's death, and about humans' roles in nature. I thought the book appropriate for both their ages and they were both able to understand it. Cecil's death wasn't exactly glossed over, but there weren't any gory details either. I think each of the children was able to understand the book and appreciated it.

When we were done reading, my daughter, who is a sensitive old soul, took care to put the book away carefully and explain to her brother that this book needed to be treated well. I think it's a testament to how much she appreciated the book and, more, Cecil.

Burton Women's Weekender Socks (2 Pack), Dusk, Small/Medium
Burton Women's Weekender Socks (2 Pack), Dusk, Small/Medium
Offered by Coats Unlimited
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice sock, but for narrow feet/calves, July 14, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
There isn't a sock category on the size chart to help when ordering these, so went ahead and ordered a S/M figuring that if they didn't fit my size 9 feet, I could give them to my daughter who is a size 4. The socks are bright and colorful, and that's quite appealing, especially as I'd get more use out of them in the winter than summer. But, alas, it was clear when these arrived that they would not be a good fit for me.

These are not the thickest socks I've seen, but the weave of the fabric is such that they are dense, if that makes sense. So they don't have quite the stretch that 100% cotton would. The socks were too narrow for me to wear, so my daughter took them instead. They are a little long in the foot for her, but the length of the sock fits her legs really well. They are not a snug fit on her, but they weren't loose either, which makes me think that these socks aren't going to work well for adults with smaller feet and calves than mine, either.

But they are a good sock. She said they were comfortable, she can walk around in them without having to constantly pull them up, and they are warm without being too hot. I won't be ordering more for myself, but I'd considering ordering them again for her (though maybe not until she gains another shoe size or two).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20