Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Profile for B. Bielamowicz > Reviews

Browse

B. Bielamowicz's Profile

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. Bielamowicz "andbellylaughs111" RSS Feed (Dallas, Texas)

Congratulations
Congratulations
Price: $8.99
134 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than OS, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Congratulations (Audio CD)
In Rolling Stone a few months back, I read that MGMT was going to release a new album soon, and my heart almost stopped. After falling in love with Oracular Spectacular, I couldn't wait to hear their second album. The weekend it first came in, I listened to Congratulations a total of 12 times the whole way through; it might sound somewhat obsessive, but I couldn't get over how much I liked it. Sure, it's hard to compare it to OS; there are some songs on the album that remind me of the first album (Someone's Missing, I Found a Whistle, Congratulations), but for the most part, it's quite the musical leap from their first. I was so proud of Andrew and Ben's decision to stray away from singles; the album is meant to be listened to the whole way through each time, the way albums are supposed to be. What a novel idea!

And as far as the album cover? "Well, people that are stupid don't understand it, but cool, smart people get how awesome it is."
Andrew VanWyngarden, you sure have a way of explaining things.

Oracular Spectacular
Oracular Spectacular
Price: $7.97
202 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Album in Years, May 21, 2010
This review is from: Oracular Spectacular (Audio CD)
It's hard to fully explain how much I love this album; I listened to it nonstop the summer before my freshman year in high school, so it has a tremendous sentimental value for me. Every single song on this album is a masterpiece in its own way. With every listen I found intricacies that I hadn't heard before, making it feel like I was hearing it all again for the first time. Some people would argue that this album has its standout singles, the rest being fillers, but I disagree. Sure, Electric Feel, Kids, and Time to Pretend are the most well-known, but their counterparts are arguably better. This album blew me away; if you're looking for something a little off the beaten path, but not too obscure that it becomes unenjoyable, it's a great musical investment. I haven't been this excited about a band since the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and for me and my two year obsession with them, that's saying something. Buy it, listen to it the whole way through, and if you're still not convinced, I'm really not sure what could do the convincing.