Profile for Eskrimador1 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Eskrimador1 RSS Feed (Canoga Park, CA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Spyderco Southard Folder G-10 Plain Edge Knife, Brown
Spyderco Southard Folder G-10 Plain Edge Knife, Brown
Offered by Red's Gear
Price: $219.99
45 used & new from $169.95

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!, September 12, 2014
I’ve been wanting this knife for over a year now. However, didn’t want to believe the hype. I watched reviews in particular Nut n Fancys on youtube on the knife. Nutn shot down the blade for it’s value. At the time $250+. My local shop still has it for $300. At that price I was not interested in forking out that much money for a production Spyderco knife. As of late Amazon has this knife for $199! I couldn’t resist and picked one up. I must say this is the highest quality production knife I have ever purchased. Fit and finish is superb! The flipping action is nice and buttery smooth. Lock up is super tight and blade centering is perfect. I think the design and looks of the blade are beautiful. The satin finish was done perfectly and the G10 is excellent. I don’t have any experience with the CTS 204P but have read it’s Carpenters answer to M390. I’m expecting this blade to hold an edge for a long time and be highly corrosion resistant. I’m now in that group of people that believe that the Spyderco Taiwan Taichung produced knives have the highest quality. No offense Golden CO.

Spyderco Manix2 G-10 Plain Edge Knife, X-large Knife, Black
Spyderco Manix2 G-10 Plain Edge Knife, X-large Knife, Black
Price: $107.24
28 used & new from $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Value Personified, March 21, 2014
I knew when Spyderco released this knife it was a must have in my collection. I know this knife will be too large for me to EDC. This knife will serve as a backup large tactical folder in my edc bag. I'm also going to use this as my folding camping and fishing blade. I'll do a follow up to this review after I take this knife with me to the Sierras for opening weekend in April. However, initial review and grading of the this knife earned it an A+. First you can't beat the value. Large almost 4" CPM s30V steel blade with quality G10 scales. Made in the good old USA! Currently on Amazon for about $110 done deal! Deployment is fast and I was surprised due to the size of the blade. Zero blade play up down side to side. As expected with Spyderco at least with my experience the blade came light saber sharp. I really like the lock-up mechanism on this knife, it's perfect! Ergo's on this knife are excellent and Spyderco managed to put usable jimping all over the place. I'm excited to put this knife to real work and I'll provide an update in a month or so.

Sage2 Titanium PlainEdge Knife
Sage2 Titanium PlainEdge Knife
Price: $143.78
35 used & new from $138.79

5.0 out of 5 stars She's a beauty, March 21, 2014
I have EDC’d this knife for the past 3 weeks now since receiving. I have used the knife for basic light edc tasks. This knife in my opinion is the perfect EDC and a beautiful knife. I agree with other reviewers it’s a lot of value for what you get compared to other titanium frame knives. The blade came hair shaving sharp out of the box. The blade centering is perfect. Deployment is super-fast with early lock up. The blade had no side to side or up and down wiggle at all. Spyderco perfection! The clip is excellent allowing deep enough inconspicuous pocket carry for me to bring to the office every day. I don’t own a Sebenza nor do I plan on shelling out the money for one. This knife pays homage to Chris Reeve and Spyderco did a great job. The steel CPM S30V is excellent and has always performed well for me with my other spydercos. Pull the trigger now.

Spyderco Ambitious Blue G-10 Handles
Spyderco Ambitious Blue G-10 Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable EDC, February 21, 2014
I purchased this little knife for my wife for her EDC carry. My wife loves the knife and the color. I don't expect she will perform any hard use with the knife. She'll use it for simple daily tasks opening mail etc . I expect this knife to hold up well over the years. Overall the materials are good. G10 scales and the knife steel. I'm sure th ere are plenty of over reviews to go over the specs. This will be her daily carry to the office. I own other spyderco products such as the bigger version of this knife the Tenacious. My Tenacious has taken a beating and is solid. Probably the best quality you will see and can expect out of a Chinese produced knife.

Cold Steel Recon 1 Tactical Knife with G-10 Handle Clip Point and Black Blade
Cold Steel Recon 1 Tactical Knife with G-10 Handle Clip Point and Black Blade
Offered by Rockies Gear Store
Price: $42.95
75 used & new from $39.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Super tough with great value!, February 17, 2014
I bought this knife to use as a hard use folder/ camp knife. Aus 8 steel has held up rather well. I’ve thumped on this knife and the knife holds a great edge. I have sharpened once on an Edge pro and was able to get it back to hair shaving sharpness. The G10 scales are super (pants tearing) grippy. I actually sanded down the G10 under the pocket clip to make it smooth for deployment. The knife has great comfy ergonomics. The jimping on the top of the knife is lacking; however, handle ergos make up for it. Deployment is fast and lock-up is perfect! The triad lock is super sold and strong. It’s a rather large knife which I found too big for EDC. However, on weekends when I work in the back yard doing chores or camping I take this knife to perform all my hard use tasks. I’ve cut lots of cardboard and have hacked at my trees/bushes for yard work. I took this knife fishing and did some light batoning (just for kicks) and hacking. I also gutted some trout after beating on the knife and the edge was still sharp enough. Overall I’m impressed with the knife and how strong and sturdy it is. If you’re looking for an affordable hard use beater knife this is it. I would also consider this a good folder for tactical / self-defense purposes. One thing you might not like is the black blade coating will come off with hard use. It doesn’t bother me and I feel it gives the knife a more seasoned look.

Cold Stl Code-4 3.5" Spear Point
Cold Stl Code-4 3.5" Spear Point
Offered by Big T Products
Price: $65.85
27 used & new from $61.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't for me., February 17, 2014
After reading some reviews online youtube etc, I was really excited to add this knife to my collection. I was looking for a classy folder for EDC. The knife is built well and sturdy as expected with Cold Steel. I own a few Cold Steel knifes the Recon 1 being one of my favs. I realized that steel knifes just don’t feel comfy in had to me. They don’t have the traction that I need to pull out of my pocket and deploy. Also, the knife was stiff and deployment was slow for me. I felt likeI kept fiddling with the knife and thumbstud. Deployment was always hit or miss. Maybe I just need larger hands? I’ve read other reviews that other users felt the knife was stiff for deployment. I think I may have had that version. I ended up returning the knife and will opt for another option.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2014 9:15 PM PDT

Spyderco ParaMilitary2 Black G-10 PlainEdge Knife
Spyderco ParaMilitary2 Black G-10 PlainEdge Knife
Offered by The McInnis Group, Inc. / KnifeDeal
Price: $175.50
4 used & new from $174.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Spyderco I've owned!, February 17, 2014
I purchased the PM 2 after reading reviews on youtube and on the web (amazon). I’ve carried Spyderco for edc and self defense for years now. However, I have always stuck with the budget lines such as the Tenacious. My most expensive Spyderco was my Endura FFG. I wanted a higher end made in the USA knife. After doing my research I chose the PM 2. The ergo is excellent as well as the blazing fast deployment. I couldn’t believe how fast this knife deploys with just a light flick of my thumb. The knife comes razor sharp with CPM S30V steel. So far I’ve used the knife for light tasks cutting cardboard boxes etc. The knife has maintained its edge so far and only time will tell how the edge holds. The G10 scales are nice and grippy. Compared to my Tenacious scales which feel cheap and almost plastic like. The Jimping on the knife is excellent and provide lots of traction. So far I love this knife and I’m looking forward to more long term use and wear. The only thing negative I can say for the knife is the pricing. I know due to supply and demand the knife is now selling on Amazon for about $140 for the plain black G10 with satin finish. The G10 Camo versions are even more. This knife would normally sell for $110-120; however, that’s my fault for sleeping on it. I suggest pre-ordering to get the knife at around $110. That being said paying $140 for the knife is still great value. Great quality, build, steel, and made in the USA!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2014 1:39 PM PDT

AGPtek® Professional Kitchen Knife Sharpener System Fix-angle with 4 Stones
AGPtek® Professional Kitchen Knife Sharpener System Fix-angle with 4 Stones
Offered by BrainyDeal
Price: $24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the money, February 4, 2014
I purchased this system as a cheap alternative to the Edge Pro. I figured for $30 what do I have to lose? I read other comments here and would have to agree the stones that came with the system are poor quality. That being said I was able to sharpen knifes with the included stones, so they do work. However, I just wasn't happy with the results. In addition, It just seemed like it was taking too long to get the sharpness I wanted. The included stones seem very delicate with plastic backing. You have to be very careful not to overtighten when using.

After about 2 weeks of owning this system I decided to purchase some stones from Edgepro. In particular the 200, 400, and 1000 grit. Last night I gave it try with the Edgepro stones. What a huge difference! I was able to get razor sharp hair shaving results with the Edgepro stones. I recommend buying this product as a cheap alternative to the EP and upgrading the stones.

BladesUSA C-KRDMT Knife Carrying Case 6 x 12 x 13.25-Inch Open
BladesUSA C-KRDMT Knife Carrying Case 6 x 12 x 13.25-Inch Open
Price: $10.52
4 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent case, January 29, 2014
Purchased this case for my various knifes. Overall nice case along with good construction/materials. Only issue is if you fill up every slot with a medium sized knife (e.g. Spyderco Tenacious), you'll have a hard time closing the case and connecting the velcro. The largest knife I could fit in the larger pockets was my Coldsteel Recon 1.

Spyderco Endura4 Lightweight FRN Flat Ground PlainEdge Knife
Spyderco Endura4 Lightweight FRN Flat Ground PlainEdge Knife
Price: $58.82 - $167.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent high value blade!, January 22, 2014
I recently purchased The Endura4 FFG in green and rotated it into my EDC. My rotation included the Delica, SOG Aegis, CS Recon 1 just to name a few. Well after about a week of EDC and some light use I decided to make this my permanent EDC. The knife feels awesome in hand and comes razor sharp out of box. The knife has superfast deployment and great ergonomics. The texturing of the handle and jimping is superb. Most people have already touched on other aspects of the knife including the VG10 steel. No issues for me. If there was one thing I could improve is for Spyderco to make a more deeper carry similar to the SOG clip on my Aegis. However, I’m not going to really worry about it. Love the knife and I highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2