Profile for Nancy Loderick > Reviews

Helpful Votes: 1920

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nancy Loderick "Internet strategist" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Curel Rough Skin Rescue, 20 Ounce
Curel Rough Skin Rescue, 20 Ounce
Price: $10.49
2 used & new from $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked very well on my dry skin, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
It seems that if a skin lotion is good for dry skin, it is thick and greasy. Before trying this product, I had yet to find a skin lotion that moisturized well. Well, this product did the trick. I don’t have psoriasis, my skin is dry and it seems to be getting drier with each passing year.

Why I like this product:
* It works. The lotion feels thick, but it is absorbed into my skin. As I’ve gotten older, my skin has become drier.

* No scent. I don’t like the heavy artificial scents that are found in many moisturizers.

The only thing that I didn’t like about the product was the description: “works on dry flaky skin.” This sounds yucky, it’s true, but there may be a better way to say that. (That is just the marketer in me talking.)

StriVectin SD Advanced Intensive Concentrate for Wrinkles and Stretch Marks, 4.5 fl oz.
Price: $139.00
3 used & new from $139.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My face is noticeably smoother, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I approach these products with some trepidation. I tend not to believe the claims that your wrinkles will disappear. I was pleasantly surprised by how well this product worked.

Why I like this product:

* It works! After only a few days, my skin was noticeably smoother. Of course, I will never again have the skin of a 20 year old since I am a long way from that age, but my skin does look better.

* The pleasant scent. It’s almost like a very light peppermint.

I wasn’t sure how if this product would make my skin more sensitive to sunlight, so I am only using it at night. Even with using just once a day, I saw results.

Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Fekkai Technician Color Care Shampoo 8 Fl Oz
Price: $17.17
21 used & new from $12.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for fine hair, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am on a quest to find a shampoo that won’t dull my highlights, but will get my hair clean. I was hoping that this product would do just that.

The first impression was a good one. I love the bottle, it’s a bit fancier than your usual shampoo bottle. It is made of heavier plastic.

The smell is delicious. It reminds of the shampoo that is used in high end salons. I don’t get to those places very often, so it’s nice to have the experience again.

But, alas, my fine blond hair was left greasy and dull. I cannot recommend this product for fine hair.

It may work just fine on regular hair, but for me, it didn’t work at all.

Best Anti Aging Eye Cream - Revitalizing Eye Gel by Optimal One 30ml 1 oz. - Optimal Skin Care Product for Wrinkles, Dark Circles, Bags Under Eyes & Puffiness - Made with Organic & Natural Ingredients - Great for Men and Women - 100% Money Back Guarantee!
Offered by Optimal One
Price: $23.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light eye gel that really works, June 28, 2014
As I get older, I get more serious about my skin care. I am constantly on the lookout for good skin products. I am delighted to be introduced to this eye product.

Why I love this product:

* It works. This is the most important thing for me. Even after only a few uses, I noticed that the dark circles under my eyes were less obvious. Of course, nothing will completely get rid of the dark circles, short of surgery, but this product does a nice job of making them less noticeable.

* It’s gentle on my skin. My skin is very dry, especially around the eyes, so I have to be careful with what I put on my skin.

* It’s natural. I wasn’t completely sure what “wildcrafted” meant, but according to Wikipedia, it is the “harvesting of plants in their natural or wild habitat for medicinal or food purposes.” When I read the ingredient list for retail skin creams, it’s all unpronounceable chemical names. This product has things like: aloe vera, geranium, and periwinkle. Sounds like a delightful herb garden.

The smell is medicinal, which might take some getting used to. But it is a lot better than the heavy, perfumed and artificial smell of most skin creams.

If you are looking for a natural product, that works, this is for you!

* I received a free sample of this product for testing and review.

Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Enamel, 5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Colgate Optic White Toothpaste, Enamel, 5 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Price: $26.94
2 used & new from $26.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Whitens teeth, but it has peroxide and can bleach fabrics, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love my morning coffee, but unfortunately coffee can discolor teeth. I was happy to find whitening toothpaste that seems to work pretty well.

Why I like this product:

* It works. I noticed my teeth getting whiter and brighter after only a week of use.

* It makes my mouth tingle, so I feel that my teeth are getting clean.

Since this product contains hydrogen peroxide (the bleach), you do need to be careful when you wipe your mouth or get the toothpaste on your hands. I made the mistake of using a dark colored towel to get off the residue and the towel got bleached.

As long as you are careful and don’t have sensitive teeth, this product may whiten your teeth.

Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Watts Beauty Moisturizing Hyaluronic Acid Advanced Skin Gel, 2.0 Ounce
Offered by Direct 2u Wholesale LLC
Price: $17.99
2 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My age lines have virtually disappeared, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Okay, so I realize there is no magic potion for making my skin look younger, but this product has definitely lessened the appearance of my age lines. My face looks fuller and plumper (in a good way.)

Why I like this product:

* It works. After only a few uses, my face looked smoother.

* It’s natural. I may be on a quest to have younger looker skin, but not at the expense of using products that have unpronounceable chemicals in them. In addition to hyaluronic acid, this product has: organic herbal infusions, witch hazel, vitamin C, amongst other ingredients.

The first few times I used this, I was concerned that it would be too drying for my skin. I have dry skin. But even though my skin felt a little tight for a minute after applying it, the sensation quickly left and my skin was noticeably smoother.

If you are looking for a way to have smoother skin, this product might just be for you.

Babyganics Mineral-Based Sunscreen Spray, SPF 50, 6oz (Pack of 2), Packaging May Vary
Price: $21.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Pump feature was more trouble than it was worth, June 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I am fair skinned so I have to be very careful in the sun. Putting on sunscreen can be such a pain, so I was curious to try the pump version, thinking it would be easier to apply. Well, it really isn’t.

The ingredients in this product:

Octinoxate – 7.5%
Octisalate – 5.0%
Zinc oxide – 11.2%.

What I liked about this product:

* The sunscreen ingredients have been proven effective in blocking UVA and UVB rays.

* It’s water resistant. I use sunscreen when I ‘m out kayaking and I need something that is water resistant.

Unfortunately, I had more concerns about this product, which outweighed what I liked about it.

My concerns and annoyances:

* What’s up with the pump action? I supposed this delivery method is good if you are trying to get the sunscreen on a wriggling toddler, but the product still comes out white and chalky, so you have to rub it in anyway. I don’t mind the chalkiness; this is the zinc oxide, which is a very effective sunscreen.

* The product gets on a lot more than just your skin. I tried standing in the bathtub to apply it, with the hope of not having to scrape greasy sunscreen off my floors and walls, but it still made a mess. Best thing is to put this on when you’re outside. Although, that kind of defeats the purpose of sunscreen, since you’re supposed to put it on 30 minutes before you are exposed to sun.

*The zinc oxide amount is less than what is in the Babyganics Sunscreen lotion, 11.2% vs. 11.7%. With my skin, I want the most protection I can get.

Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout- 2nd Edition
Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout- 2nd Edition
Offered by Physique57
Price: $29.95
8 used & new from $20.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Another awesome barre workout from Physique 57!, June 26, 2014
Just when I thought I couldn’t love P57 workouts any more, I tried this workout. In some ways I find it harder than Volume 1. And I found Volume 1 pretty challenging! I think it’s because I tried this workout after doing Volume 1 and the other P57 workouts for several weeks. I really focused on my form, so when I was doing the moves in this workout, I was really working.

This is taught by Tanya Becker, the founder of Physique 57. As with the other Physique 57 workouts, there are two modifiers. One is doing an easier version and the other is doing a more advanced version of the moves. All you need for the workouts are:
light and medium weights, playground ball, chair, mat and thick cushion.

The workout breakdown:

WARM UP (10 minutes)
Unlike most other barre workouts, the crew is using heavier weights for arm work. They are using 8 pounds and 5 pounds. Needless to say I was using 5 pounds and 3 pounds. Mmm, I consider myself an advance exerciser, who can normally lift pretty heavy weights. I can’t do so with this high rep, endurance type work. I just love working my muscles in new ways!

STANDING LEGS (15 minutes)
I had an “aha” moment during this work. I finally (!) got the ball squeeze. In the past, I was so busy trying to move my legs up and down and keeping my balance, I couldn’t also manage to actually squeeze the ball. It was all I could do to keep it between my legs. Well, that extra little squeeze makes a big difference! My inner things are still feeling it a few days later.
I am still working on the thigh dancing. I can barely lift above my feet and my thighs are talking to me.

SEAT WORK (12 minutes)
My favorite move in this section is the swirl, where you are standing on one leg, with the other leg bent and you are swirling your leg down to your knee and back behind you. I feel so graceful doing this move. Well, I probably don’t look so graceful, but it’s what is inside that counts, right?

MAT WORK (13 minutes)
Now it is time to work your abs. The famous pretzel move is in here. I love this move because I feel like I have to really use my brain to focus, as well as using my muscles.

BACK WORK (3 minutes)
Tanya calls it back dancing – I love that name. It is basically bridge pose where you move your hips up and down.
You finish up with swimmer, which works your lower back.

STRETCH (4 minutes)
You are stretching in between sections throughout the workout, but this end stretch feels extra nice because you’ve worked hard and your muscles are really warm.

The 57 minutes flew by and I was sorry to see the workout end.

People often ask me which Physique 57 workout I would recommend. I say, “All of them!”

Physique 57:arm & Ab Booster
Physique 57:arm & Ab Booster
by SHELLY KNIGHT
Edition: DVD-ROM
22 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Work, work in 30 minutes!, June 26, 2014
In a past life, I was an exercise snob and thought if I wasn’t working out for an hour, it wasn’t worth working out. Well, this 30 minute workout from Physique 57 helped change my mind.

Shelley Knight teaches this workout. I think she talks even faster than Tanya, but I love it because it’s all part of the energy of the workout. All you need for this workout is: light and medium weights, playground ball and a mat. There are two modifiers, one showing easier variations and the other showing more advanced variations of the exercises. The workout is actually 32 minutes long.

The workout breakdown:

WARM UP (9 minutes)
You work all parts of your upper body here, including biceps, triceps, back, shoulders. I love the posture reminders; they come at just the right time.

It’s typical bicep curls, triceps extensions, rows and shoulder work.

The hardest exercise for me in this part is where you have your arms in front of you, bent in half and you are pulsing. Those are a killer for the shoulders.

CORE (3 minutes)
What would a barre workout be without planks? I hate them but I love what they do for my core and arms.

TRICEPS (1 minute)
I can feel myself getting stronger with the backward plank. I can now straighten my legs and do the triceps dips. When I first started, I had to bend my knees to take a lot of the weight off my legs and triceps. Talk about incentive to keep going!

ABS (15 minutes)
Most of the ab work is done with the playground ball between your knees. I love the variety. Just as you think you can’t do another rep, Shelley changes up the exercise. But, you wish you were still doing the previous exercise because the new exercise is more challenging.

The toughest move for me was the V sit with the ball still between your legs. You really need a lot of core strength to come up all the way.

STRETCH (4 minutes)
All I can say is, “Ahhh.”

I finished this workout feeling very energized. I can’t wait to do it again!

Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout
Physique 57 Classic 57 Minute Full Body Workout
11 used & new from $16.39

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best barre workouts out there!, June 22, 2014
I had dabbled in barre before this, but once I started the Physique 57 workouts, I was really hooked. This Volume 1 is taught by Tanya Becker.

All you need for the workout: a chair or barre, a playground ball, light weights, mat and thick cushion or towel. There are two modifiers, one showing an easier version of the moves and the other, showing a more advanced version. I was following the easier modifier and I was still very challenged! And I consider myself an advanced exerciser.

The workout:
WARM UP (10 minutes)
Yes, so Tanya calls this a warm-up, but you’ll be breathing heavy and your core will talk to you. You are also doing upper body work with semi-light weights. It is just enough to get your muscles warm and your heart pumping.

LEGS AND GLUTES (25 minutes)
You move quickly from the barre to the floor and back to the barre. There is no down time. The hardest section for me was the thigh dancing. I thought I had strong thigh muscles, but I can barely get my legs off my feet to do these moves. I loved it!

CORE (17 minutes)
In a word, “ouch.” I was following the modifier doing the easier moves and my core was still talking to me.

BAND BRIDGE WORK (7 minutes)
No body part is left untouched in this workout. You will do some bridge variations, as well as some lower back work.

STRETCH (5 minutes)

BONUS MOVES (5 minutes)
Tanya takes us through an extra challenge for your thigh and seat. You’re standing beside your chair and doing variations on leg raises to the front and then doing leg extensions behind you. You then do the other leg. Yes, the bonus section is short, but intense.

Why I love this workout:
* It is truly a total body workout. Even though you are using light weights, all the planks also work your arms.
* Tanya. Yes, she talks at hyper-speed, but it is all part of the high energy feel of the workout.
* The Bonus Moves. I love the little 5 minute session, it’s intense enough to give me an extra pump, but not so long that I feel I can’t do all the moves. Although, I must admit, my leg is not nearly as high as Tanya’s.

The only very minor annoyance with this workout is the thick cushion. I’m never quite sure where to place it behind my back and I’m not sure exactly what it is supposed to accomplish.

All in all, I highly recommend this workout. Even the advanced exercisers will be humbled!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20