Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Men's Hightops Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Cecile McLorin Salvant $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services hog hog hog  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Nancy Loderick > Reviews

Browse

Nancy Loderick's Profile

Customer Reviews: 612
Top Reviewer Ranking: 495

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nancy Loderick "Internet strategist" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Jessica Smith Walk On: Walk the Weight Off 30 Day Plan (Low Impact High Results Program)
DVD ~ Jessica Smith
Offered by Jessica R Smith
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to bust through plateaus and avoid boredom!, September 2, 2015
I used to think that if exercise wasn't really intense, it didn't count as exercise. Well, many injuries later, I have completely changed my thinking. I have Miss Jessica to thank for that. I started doing Jessica's YouTube workouts as my second workout of the day. I wanted to support her even further, so I started buying her DVDs. I now have all her DVDs.

This latest offering from Jessica is a complete set and it has everything you need to help you get fit, lose weight and most importantly, have fun! As Jessica so often says, "who says exercise can't be fun?"

This set contains:

"Walk On: 3 Weight Loss Walks" - 15 Minute Calorie Burst, 30 Minute Fat Blaster, 40 Minute Mega Burn, BONUS: 15 Minute Standing Abs (100 Minutes)

"Walk On: Major Metabolism Booster" - 30 Minute Pyramid Power Walk, 30 Minute Strength Interval Walk, BONUS: 20 Minute Chair Stretch Routine (80 Minutes)

"Walk On: 5 Day Fat Burn" - 30 Minute HIIT Walk "Party", 30 Minute Toning Walk, BONUS: 15 Minute Healthy Back Workout (75 Minutes).

All of the workouts are filmed in a nice, sunny, white room. This is the same room where Jessica has filmed other workouts. It's Jessica, Beth and Jessica's Mom, Debbie in each routine.

Why I love these workouts:

* Jessica! What can I say? She is my favorite instructor. She is encouraging, funny and just so happy; I can't help but smile every time I work out with her.

* The three levels of modifications. Beth is doing a super-advanced version of the moves, e.g. high impact, Debbie is doing a low impact, easier version and Jessica is doing something in between. I work out at 4:30 am and sometimes my body just isn't up for a lot of jumping around, so it's great to have Jessica and Debbie for form modifications.

* The music is perfectly in sync with the workout moves. This really helps me dig deeper and push myself. My biggest pet peeve with other instructors like Cathe Friedrich is that the moves are never to the beat of the music. This is annoying and distracting.

* Minimal equipment needed. For the walks, all you need are a good pair of shoes. For some of the other workouts, you will need light and medium dumbbells and a mat. One of the workouts also uses a resistance band, which is a nice change.

* How I feel after the workouts. I consider myself to be an advanced exerciser, but I love these workouts because I feel so energized after doing them. I have lots of energy to get on with my day. I also have enough energy to move more during the day. Plus, I am not overworking my body so I am injury-free. Yay.

* The variations in walking. I just love how Jessica mixes things up with v-steps, kicks, ab twists. I am able to do her walks every day and not worry about overtaxing my hip joints.

The two things to note about some of the workouts:

* The warm ups and cool downs were roughly 5 minutes each, meaning for a 30 minute walk, you are working more intensely for only 20 minutes. I much prefer to have separate warm ups and cool downs. I normally do these workouts as add-ons to other workouts, so I don't need the long warm ups and cool downs.

* Not enough weight work on their own. Sure your muscles get worked, but for me, these routines are not enough of a challenge to change my body. That's just me; I have been doing heavy weight training for years.

Now some general comments about each workout.

WALK ON: 3 WEIGHT LOSS WALKS

1. 15 Minute Calorie Burst.

These 15 minute walks of Jessica's are my favorites since they are the perfect add-on to another routine or to do for a quick energy boost. Several of the moves are what Jessica uses in other workouts, e.g. kicks, heel digs, side steps and v-steps. There are some new moves like side to side skaters with punches and the use of an imaginary jump rope.

2. 30-Minute Fat Blaster.

This is my favorite of the routines. It's classic Jessica walking, with some new, fun moves. The new moves include cheerleader arms while marching/running, speed bag arms while shuffling, and uphill climbers. You alternate lower intensity with high intensity bursts. The workout breakdown:

Warm up (5 min)
Moderate intensity walk (5 min)
Higher intensity (5 min)
Moderate intensity (5 min)
Higher intensity (5 min)
Cool down (5 min)

Once again, I thought the 5 minute cool down was too long. It seemed a very sudden transition from the high intensity.

3. 40-Minute Mega Burn.

I must admit, this workout snuck up on me. This is steady state workout, meaning you are working at the same intensity throughout. The goal of this workout is to build your endurance. Oh yes, the intensity is theoretically the same, but after doing it for 20 minutes, you will be feeling it!

4. 15-Minute Standing Abs (Bonus Workout).

With this workout, you'll work your abs and your balance since several of the moves have you standing on one leg. Some of the moves in this workout include: figure 8 arms, dead lift twist with arms crossed, leaning side crunch, figure 8 with alternating knee lift.

WALK ON: MAJOR METABOLISM BOOSTER

1. Pyramid Power Walk (30 minutes).

As the name implies, this walking routine starts off at a slower pace and gradually builds in intensity. You reach the maximum intensity at the 15 minute mark. You can increase the intensity by doing light jogging and making bigger arm movements. My only issue with this walk is that I wished the maximum intensity was a bit longer. I also thought the cool down (5 minutes) was too long.

2. Strength Interval Walk (30 minutes).

You will do both walking and strength training in this routine. You can use 3-10 pound dumbbells, depending on your fitness level. I generally use 5 pound dumbbells for the smaller muscles and 10 pound dumbbells for the legs. This is an efficient workout since you will be doing compound exercises like rear lunges and triceps kickbacks. Your abs will be worked at the end of the routine.

3. 20-Minute Chair Stretch (Bonus Workout).

I was tempted to skip this workout since I do a lot of yoga. I thought it would be too easy and slow moving for me. But, I am so glad I decided to give it a try. Using the chair to help stretch makes me feel the stretches in a new way, which is a good thing.

Jessica uses a yoga block under her feet to make sure her knees and hips are in alignment. A phone book or a folded towel would also work.

WALK ON: 5 DAY FAT BURN

1. HIIT Walk (30 minutes).
I loved this workout. HIIT training is my favorite way to train because it is so efficient. This workout has you doing 3-4 minutes of moderate intensity moves, followed by 2 minutes of higher intensity. There is a 3-4 minute recovery time and then you do another round.

2. Toning Walk (30 minutes).

This was my least favorite of the workouts. Jessica uses a resistance band for this workout. I felt clumsy doing this workout and had to keep pausing the DVD so I could position the resistance band correctly.

I will keep at it since I do like how a resistance band uses your muscles differently than weights. I am hoping I will get more coordinated with time.

3. The Healthy Back Workout (18 minutes Bonus Workout).

The jury is still out on this workout. I do like how you not only work your back, but also your core. It moves slowly. I think I was just so energized by doing another workout from this set that I wasn't quite ready to slow things down. This would be a good workout to do on a rest day or as an afternoon stretch.

Some of the moves included in this workout are: supermans, dead bug, hip bridges and bird dog.

You may wonder if you need this set if you have some of Jessica's other workouts. In a word, yes! The new moves will help prevent plateaus and prevent you from getting bored with your exercise routines.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for moisturizing skin, August 23, 2015
As I have gotten older and my face drier, I am on a constant quest to find a good face cream. I have had limited success. Other creams may be good moisturizers, but they are heavy and greasy. Or else they have a strong smell. If a cream isn't heavy, it doesn't really moisturize my skin.

Why I love this product:

* It works without being heavy or greasy. It sinks in to my skin and leaves it feeling smooth and moisturized.

* No scent. So many creams have heavy, cloying scents that really turn me off. Not so this product.

* The Vitamin E in the cream. Vitamin E helps protect skin against the cell damage from sun and pollution. Who knows if that is really the case. All I know is that my skin looks better after using this product.

* It's a great value. One jar lasts me almost a year.

I highly recommend this cream to anyone wanting to have better looking skin.

New - Jason Moisturizing Creme Vitamin E Age Renewal Fragrance Free - 25000 IU - 4 oz
Offered by Honestly Healthy
Price: $22.79
2 used & new from $22.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helps dry skin, August 23, 2015

Why I love this product:

* It's a great value. One jar lasts me almost a year.

I highly recommend this cream to anyone wanting to have better looking skin.

Viva Labs TRIPLE STRENGTH Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM, GUARANTEED Joint Agony Relief, 240 Capsules
Offered by Premium Vitamins
Price: $39.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah, nice relief for hip pain, August 23, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As much as I hate to admit, as I get older, I suffer more joint pain, especially in my hips. I think it's osteoarthritis. I am so used to being very active; it is hard to scale back my activities.

OTC pain relievers like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium really irritate my stomach. Acetaminophen doesn't do a thing for my discomfort.

I was happy to find this glucosamine chondroitin product.

Why I like this product:

* It works! Even if it is the placebo effect, my joint pain is less. This particular product has a 5:4 ratio of glucosamine and chondroitin, which is supposed to be the optimal ratio. The MSM is an added bonus and is also known to help joints.

* It doesn't irritate my stomach, like pain relievers do.

* The high quality ingredients. I have tried other supplements and foods from Viva Labs and I am always impressed by their high quality. The MSM in this product is the purest form.

There are no negatives with this product. If you are looking for a high quality supplement to help your joints, you may just enjoy this product.

GOLD BOND FOOT CREAM 4OZ CHATTEM INCORPORATED
GOLD BOND FOOT CREAM 4OZ CHATTEM INCORPORATED
Offered by Pharmapacks
Price: $8.36
7 used & new from $6.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Really works on cracked heels!, August 3, 2015
Winter time in New England can be tough on one's skin, especially on feet. I was so happy to have found this product a few years ago.

Why I love this product:

* It really works! I apply it to my feet twice a day, once in the morning after my shower and then again at night. Within a few days my feet feel smoother and my heels are no longer cracked. The key is to keep applying it consistently.

* The light, pleasant smell. It's not overpowering, just a hint.

* It's just the right consistency. It's a bit heavy, but not too much so.

If you have dry feet, I highly recommend this product!

Gold Bond Triple Action Relief Foot Cream-4oz
Gold Bond Triple Action Relief Foot Cream-4oz
Offered by I Buy Direct
Price: $8.02
21 used & new from $3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders on cracked heels!, August 3, 2015

Why I love this product:

* The light, pleasant smell. It's not overpowering, just a hint.

* It's just the right consistency. It's a bit heavy, but not too much so.

If you have dry feet, I highly recommend this product!

Sundown Naturals Ayurvedic Balance Joint Health Capsules, 90 Count
Sundown Naturals Ayurvedic Balance Joint Health Capsules, 90 Count
Price: $24.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, natural relief for joint inflammation, July 20, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have ongoing hip bursitis issues, which is very frustrating since I love to be active. I have had to really limit my intake of NSAIDS like ibuprofen or naproxen sodium since these really irritate my stomach. It was a dilemma really since my hips hurt, which prevented me from doing the activities that I love to do like walking.

I was happy to try this product and I was even happier to find that it worked to help decrease the discomfort in my hips. It didn't happen overnight and my hip pain hasn't completely gone away, but it is certainly more manageable.

According to the box, "Ayurveda is the ancient Indian science of life that relates imbalances in the mind, body and soul to blocked energy forces within one of the seven major chakras." This product works on the root chakra, the origin of energy.

Even if you don't buy into this philosophy, you may find this product to be helpful.

Why I like this product:
* It's natural. The active ingredients are: Ginger, Tumeric and Tumeric Extract.
* It works without any side effects.

Of course, as with any supplement, you should talk to your doctor before taking them.

If you are looking for some relief for your joints, you might just like this product.

Crest Complete Whitening Plus Scope Minty Fresh Toothpaste, 12.4-Ounce (Pack of 2)
Price: $7.79
6 used & new from $7.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the hassle, it really gunked up my toothbrush, July 11, 2015
This is a good toothpaste for fighting cavities and whitening teeth. It tastes good too.

My biggest complaint about this toothpaste is that it gunks up my tooth brush. Even if I spend a few minutes rinsing out my toothbrush, there's a layer of toothpaste at the bottom of the bristles. It is especially annoying with my electric toothbrush, since the tooth paste sticks to the inside of the brush part.

Crest Complete Whitening Plus Deep Clean Toothpaste - Effervescent Mint Twin Pack 11.6 Oz (Pack of 2)
Offered by Kitchen Tough
Price: $12.99
6 used & new from $12.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, except for gunking up the toothbrush, July 11, 2015

Crest Complete Toothpaste, Effervescent Mint Flavor (2 Count, 5.8 Oz Each)
Crest Complete Toothpaste, Effervescent Mint Flavor (2 Count, 5.8 Oz Each)
Price: $4.99