Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Nancy > Reviews

Browse

Nancy's Profile

Customer Reviews: 642
Top Reviewer Ranking: 625

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nancy "Internet strategist" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Crepe Erase Trial Size Body Duo, Intensive Body Repair 3.5 oz. and Exfoliating Body Polish 3 fl. oz.
Price: $75.63

4.0 out of 5 stars It moisturizes, that's for sure, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ugh, as I get holder, my skin has more sag. Even though I work out a lot and am a normal weight, my skin just looks looser. That’s a part of aging.

I was interested in trying this product combination to see if anything could be done about that crepe looking skin. While, the crepe didn’t completely disappear, the appearance is less.

Why I like this product:

* It has a very light pleasant scent. So many products these days have heavy, artificial scents and I just can’t tolerate that.

* The moisturizer really moisturizes without feeling super-greasy. It is heavy enough to do the trick, but not so heavy that it feels like you want to wipe it off.

* The exfoliating gel feels good. I was a bit concerned that this would be too drying for my skin, but I am happy to report that this isn’t the case.

If you are looking for something that might just help your dry and aging skin, this might be for you.
Please note, no miracles will occur with the use of these products. Your skin might just look a tad better.

Viva Labs - The BEST Organic Ground Flax Seed, Proprietary Cold-milled Technology, 15 oz
Offered by Viva Naturals
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay, no more broccoli!, March 27, 2016
Flax seed is a super food. It has fiber, lignans and omega-3. Flax seed has the 75 times more lignans than other plants. You would have to eat 30 cups of broccoli to get the same amount as in two tablespoons of flax seed. Since I hate broccoli, this was music to my ears.

Omega 3 is sorely lacking in modern diets and flax seed is an excellent source for this as well.

I have tried many products from Viva Labs and they always work. The quality is also impeccable.

Why I love this product from Viva Labs:

* It’s ground, so you get the full benefit. Ground flax seed is much easier for your body to digest.

* The nice, nutty taste. It blends well with other food.

* The versatility. I mix it with my oatmeal, my yogurt or my smoothies.

* The high fiber content helps to fill me up. I work out a lot and I am constantly hungry. Eating a diet high in fiber helps me control my appetite. It also helps me stay away from junk food.

* The quality packaging. It is light blocking so you can store it in the fridge and not have to worry about the flax seed going bad.

* I don’t have to eat broccoli. Enough said.

I highly recommend this product to anyone wanting to eat healthier.

Viva Labs Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate 150 Tablets
Viva Labs Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate 150 Tablets
Offered by Viva Naturals

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps the body in so many ways, March 27, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Many of us are deficient in magnesium. Who knew?

Magnesium helps the body do so many things like:

Regulating muscle and nerve function
Regulating blood sugar levels
Helping lower blood pressure
Making bone.

Why I like this product:

* First and foremost, it doesn’t irritate my stomach, like many other magnesium supplements. Unfortunately, my stomach is very sensitive these days, after having just survived a bout of severe gastritis. I was nervous about taking this pill, but so far so good.

* They help me get a good night’s sleep. I tend to have good nights and bad nights sleeping, but when I take these tablets around lunchtime, it gives me a great night sleep. I sleep for most of the night and I awake every morning feeling refreshed and rested.

A few things to note about this product:

* The tablets are rather large, about 1 inch across. They are also a bit chalky so they may not be good for someone who has trouble swallowing pills.

* The bottle is large and won’t fit in a medicine chest. This is not an issue for me, since I keep it in a kitchen cabinet.

If you are looking for a magnesium supplement that works, this may just be for you.

Walk Strong: 6 Week Total Transformation System
Walk Strong: 6 Week Total Transformation System
DVD ~ Jessica Smith
Offered by Jessica R Smith
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $54.74

5.0 out of 5 stars A great way to help transform your life, January 20, 2016
Jessica has done it again! Each series she puts out just keeps getting better and better. There is a nice mix of walking, strength training and stretching so you don’t get bored.

The usual crew of Debbie (Jessica’s Mom) and Beth (friend) are in each workout. A fun surprise is that some of the community members are in some of the workouts. The workouts are filmed inside in a white room. All of the workouts clock in at around 30 minutes and each workout has an inspirational quote at the beginning. There is also a suggested rotation calendar as well as a website, walkonwalkstrong.com.

Please note this is an all-encompassing series and it is not just walking. It has walking, strength training and stretching.

This series includes:

Dynamic Stretch
Prehab routine.

DISC 1
CARDIO PARTY
“People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie

There was a purple string or something hanging off of Jessica’s shirt, which was a little distracting.

Some of the moves in this workout included: disco walk, double scoop side step, speed bag up & down, Latin cha cha.

INTERVAL MIX
“If we did all things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison

Equipment: sturdy high back chair

I loved the energy in this workout. You feel like you are working, but you feel very energized at the end of the workout. The workout has 4 rounds of a moderate intensity move, interval move and an active recovery.

The warm up consists of some walking and moves like cross back skater with arm swing and squat reach up on toes.

Some of the moves in this workout include: side step with swim, cross over mountain climber, high chop with knee lift. There are some old favorite moves as well as some fun, new moves.

DISC 2
360 ABS
“It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; it is the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time.” – David Allan Coe

Equipment: Mat, light dumbbell – 5 lbs max

Jessica emphasizes that the purpose of working your core should not be get that 6-pack look, but to build a strong and functional core. This workout has both standing and floor core work.

Some of the moves in this workout include: side tap reach overhead, cross chop hamstring curl, weighted wood chop, figure 8 scoop with side step, arms around the world with weight. The floor core work includes: dead bug extension, weight on back plank, weighted knee chop.

BRAIN FITNESS FUN
“The key to truly changing your life for the better is by improving your mind, or more precisely, your brain.” – Marie Pasinski, MD, Harvard Medical School

I love it when Jessica does these types of workouts! I like to work my brain while I’m exercising. There are also brain boosting tips scattered throughout the workout.

The workout structure: Warm up, Coordination, Balance, Memory, Cool Down.

Some of the moves in this workout include: flamingo hands, half jack arms with side step, balance on one leg and circle other leg and arm, front & back v steps.

BAREFOOT FUSION SCULPT
“Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day-in and day-out.” – Robert Collier

Equipment: light set of dumbbells (I used 5 pounds).

This is my favorite of all the workouts in this series. There is just something about fusion workouts that are so flowing and graceful.

The fusion moves are new and fun. You do 2 or so moves and then repeat them. The cool down is a delicious blend of tai chi and balance moves.

Some of the moves in this workout include: foot warm ups, arm swings while stepping side to side, alternate knee with chest scoop, step with rainbow arms.

DISC 3
TOTAL BODY TRAINING
“Don’t let what you can’t do interfere with what you can do.” – John R. Wooden

Equipment needed: Mat, set of light dumbbells, set of heavy dumbbells.

The moves are all compound so you burn lots of calories and keep your heart rate up there. This is straight up weight training with no walking.

Some of the moves in this workout include: deadlift cobra with 10 pound weights.

UPPER BODY STRENGTH
“I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.” – Jewish proverb

Equipment: Mat, 1 set of heavy dumbbells and 1 set of light dumbbells

The warm up is walking with arm stretches like pec dec.

The workout consists of 2 rounds for each set of exercises. Jessica changes the tempo too, so you may be lifting up for 3 counts and down for 1 count, and then doing up for 1 count and down for 3 counts. This is yet another way to work your muscles. There are both standing and lying down exercises.

Some of the exercises in this workout include: scoops with heavy weights, “W” rear flys, alternate knee lift with hammer curl, balance on 1 leg and bicep pulse, monster hug, side plank.

LOWER BODY SCUPLT
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein.

Equipment: Sturdy, high back chair, mat, 1 set of heavy dumbbells and 1 set of light dumbbells.

Jessica said it best when she described this workout as a “sneaky” one. It starts out kind of easy, but then your leg muscles start talking to you! There is both standing and floor work in this workout. The floor work is kind of like barre work, with small pulses.

I especially enjoyed this workout because of the new and unique exercises.

Some of the exercises in this workout include: sit & stand in front of chair while holding weights, deadlift both double and single legged, lie on stomach and do frog movements with your legs.

The warmup was a walking one.

DISC 4
DYNAMIC STRETCH
“Blessed are the flexible for that shall not be bent out of shape.” – Unknown

Equipment: Mat and towel or stretch band

This relaxing workout has both standing and floor stretches. With many of the exercises you can go deep because you first contract the muscle and then you relax the muscle. The point of this workout is to take care of your body. It is perfect for those days when you are sore or tired.

Some of the exercises in this workout include: shoulder shrug, half head roll, figure 8 arms with lunge, triangle. My favorite exercises in this workout include: side stretch with towel, circle stretch with towel and chest opener with towel.

Jessica ends the routine with asking us to think of one thing about our body that we are grateful for.

PREHAB ROUTINE
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” – Benjamin Franklin

Equipment: Mat, towel and chair

This relaxing routine is perfect to do at the end of a stressful day. It focuses on all the joints in your body. You start at your head and work all the way down to your toes.

The infamous “chicken head” stretch” starts the workout. You then move on to some delicious neck stretches.

Some of my favorite moves in this workout include: holding towel in a ball and circling arms, holding towel and circling wrists in all directions, knee circles while on back.

About 13 minutes are spent standing and then you move to the floor for some wonderful stretches.

I felt so relaxed and stretched out after this gem of a workout; this will be one well-used routine for me!

Cathe Friedrich's ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox
Cathe Friedrich's ICE Rock'm Sock'm Kickbox
Price: $22.97
5 used & new from $19.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun kickboxing, January 17, 2016
Workout time: 47:59
Equipment: 5 & 12 lb. dumbbells, step and mat.
Muscle Meltdown: Triceps
Blizzard: Kickbox-inspired moves
Outfits: Teal tops with black bottoms

The music was techno-music, which I normally find annoying, but I was enjoying the workout so much that it didn’t bother me.

The workout consists of a punching combo, followed by a lower body and upper body blast, and then some recovery moves. There isn’t a lot of impact in this workout.

Some of the moves include: upper, body shot, elbow strike; lunge knee up, side to side agitate with knee up.

I couldn’t match Cathe’s weight for the triceps.

Cathe Friedrich's ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast
Cathe Friedrich's ICE Chiseled Lower Body Blast
Price: $19.20
6 used & new from $19.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Chisel your lower body and have some fun!, January 17, 2016
Workout time: 48:01
Equipment: 5, 8, 10, 12 & 15 lb. dumbbells, mat, stretch band
Muscle meltdown: Shoulders
Blizzard: More of weighted exercises with cardio blasts. In a word, “ouch!” Doing a 1 legged burpee says it all.
Outfits: blue tops with black or black/blue bottoms

This workout consists of bodyweight or weighted exercises, followed by a cardio blast. This one felt to be more intermediate level than the other ICE workouts. Perhaps that’s because my legs are so strong. Amanda did several modifications in this workout.

In spite of feeling intermediate, my heart rate got up there. At the end of the workout I felt worked out, yet energized.

Some of the fun, new moves in this workout include: lunge front and back with no weights, high rep lunge leg taps, sumo lunge jumps, lift squat abduction and lunge with figure 8 arms. I really felt my leg muscles burn with all of the moves.

Cathe Friedrich's ICE Boot Camp Circuit
Cathe Friedrich's ICE Boot Camp Circuit
Price: $19.02
7 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A tough boot camp workout!, January 17, 2016
Workout time: 44:41 minutes
Equipment: 5, 8, 10, 12 & 15 lb. dumbbells, step (2-3 risers), mat and stability ball.
Muscle Meltdown: Biceps
Outfits: Dark coral tops with medium blue bottoms

For me, this was the hardest workout in the series. It was so hard in fact that I don’t always have the energy to do the Blizzard at the end. I couldn’t match Cathe’s weights on the upper body sections. My heart rate was elevated the entire time.

Cathe says Amanda is the modifier, but Amanda was using the same step height as Cathe for the entire workout. A better modification would have been to have Amanda use a lower step height for the entire workout.

The warm up is a basic step moves on a step with 2 risers per side. The routine is several rounds of cardio, lower body, upper body and core work.

Some fun, new exercises include: Sumo squat turning, single arm swimmer plank, 1 arm burpees on the step. For some of the bicep and shoulder exercises, you do a lot of reps and then freeze in a holding pattern. Talk about ouch!

The Blizzard was tough; it consists of jumping off and on to the step. The step is set with 3 risers per side.

Cathe Friedrich's ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes
Cathe Friedrich's ICE To The Mat: Legs & Glutes
Price: $19.03
5 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars ICE workout with a barre feel, January 17, 2016
Equipment: 5, 10 & 12 lb. dumbbells, mat loop, stretch band and stability ball
Outfits: Pink and purple tops with black bottoms.

I have been on a barre kick for the past year or so and I was happy to try this workout since it has a barre feel to it.

This workout reminded me of Tracey Effinger’s Squeeze Series, which I happen to love.

Some fun new moves include: pivoting child’s pose with plank.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2016 8:22 AM PST

Cathe Friedrich's ICE Low Impact Sweat
Cathe Friedrich's ICE Low Impact Sweat
Price: $19.83
5 used & new from $19.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that low impact can still mean high intensity!, January 17, 2016
Workout time: 46:13 minutes
Equipment: 3, 5, 12, & 20 lb. dumbbells, step, mat stretch band
Muscle Meltdown: Back
Outfits: Bright yellow tops and black or blue bottoms

This DVD has two cardio workouts on it. Cardio 1 uses a mat and dumbbells, while Cardio 2 uses a step with 2 risers on each side.

Cardio 1:

Some fun, new exercises include:
Discus throw with 3 lb. dumbbell
Forward leaning lunge with 3 lb. dumbbell

Even though this was low impact, my heart was pumping!

Cardio 2:

I had to go down in weights for the back muscle meltdown, especially for the pullovers.

The 10 minute Blizzard Blast used a step with 2 risers. Cathe threw in some old favorites like jump kick and salute squats.

Cathe Friedrich's ICE Metabolic Total Body
Cathe Friedrich's ICE Metabolic Total Body
Price: $22.97
5 used & new from $22.94

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice total body workout that won't leave you depleted., January 17, 2016
Workout time: 47:53 minutes
Equipment: 5, 8, 10, 12 & 15 lb. dumbbells, step and mat
Muscle Meltdown: Chest
Outfits: Hot pink tops with black bottoms

Thanks to Cathe, I have become quite the fan of metabolic workouts. Metabolic workouts are those that have compound exercises with little or no rest in between sets so you maximize calorie burn.

Some fun, new exercises include:
Figure 8 arms with front lunge
Dynamic front lunge with lat raise
Squat thrust with 5 lb weights
Squat jab with 5 lb weights.

The Chest Meltdown uses 12 pound weights, which surprisingly, I found to be too light.
The Blizzard Blast continued with the theme of metabolic training. There are lots of burpees and squat thrusts so be forewarned.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20