Profile for Nancy Loderick > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 549

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Nancy Loderick "Internet strategist" RSS Feed (Boston, MA)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
XShields© (5-Pack) Screen Protectors for Motorola Luge (Ultra Clear)
XShields© (5-Pack) Screen Protectors for Motorola Luge (Ultra Clear)
Offered by Prestige Solutions
Price: $0.15

3.0 out of 5 stars It does help protect the screen, January 26, 2015
As I have entered the 21st century with my first smartphone, I wanted to protect my investment. I bought a Motorola Luge to go with my Verizon pre-paid plan. I was not yet ready to commit to an expensive two-year contract so this seemed like a good alternative.

The Motorola Luge is a rebranding of the Motorola Razr, which is a few years old. Needless to say there aren't a lot of accessories for this phone.

These screen protectors do the job, although it is very difficult to attach them. There aren't any instructions.

My other complaint is that the product said 5 screen protectors included. I had 4 complete screen protectors, with the tabs to help place the protector on the phone. One of the protectors had no tab and therefore was useless.

Townshop[TM] For Motorola Luge / Motorola Droid Razr M XT907 (Verizon) Black/Black 2 IN 1 Hybird TPU Net Mesh Phone Case Cover + Townshop[TM] Stylus Pen
Offered by Town shop
Price: $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It protects the phone (sort of), January 26, 2015
A smartphone is an investment, even if you don't buy the latest I-phone. I have finally entered the 21st century and bought a smartphone. I was not yet ready to commit to an expensive two-year contract, so I went with the pre-paid service offered by Verizon. I chose the Motorola Luge phone to go along with this service.

The Motorola Luge is a re-branding of the Motorola Razr, which is a few years old. Needless to say, there aren't a lot of accessories for this phone. I did want some sort of protection for the phone though and that is why I chose this product.

Why I like this product:

* It really does fit the phone well. It has openings exactly where the buttons are on the phone.

* It is very easy to put on and take off.

* It does provide some protection for the phone in case it's dropped.

I do wish the casing was thicker so it could provide more protection. That is my only complaint.

I suppose if I wanted a lot of neat accessories for my phone, I should have bought an I-phone.

Venus Embrace Women's Razor Handle + 4 Count Blade Refills
Venus Embrace Women's Razor Handle + 4 Count Blade Refills
Offered by BeautyMartUSA
Price: $31.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It really works!, January 22, 2015
I was very skeptical about this product, thinking that it was just marketing hype about the 5 blade system. But you know what, the 5 blade really make a difference!

Why I love this product:

* It works and it doesn't tear up my skin. Even though there are 5 blades, I have never cut myself. The blades get really close to the skin. This means I don't have to shave as often. Yay for that.

* The razor is very comfortable to hold. There is some sort of gel "padding" in the handle that makes it easy to hold.

* It's very easy to change the blades.

Yes, the razor is more expensive than the regular Venus and yes the blades are more expensive. But the blades last longer.

Walk On: 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts
Walk On: 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts
Offered by Jessica R Smith
Price: $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars 15 minutes will fly by!, January 22, 2015
I am on a Jessica Smith kick, having started with her YouTube videos. I was using these videos as my second workout of the day after sitting at a computer for many hours.
I am happy to support Jessica since she is so generous in providing so many free YouTube videos.

This and the Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan are my two new favorites. I was very skeptical about 15 minute workouts, but now I'm hooked. I use these workouts as an add-on to other workouts, or as a quick pick-me-up during the day.

This DVD has:
* FAST FAT BURN: Moves include front and side steps, jacks, jogging, and hamstring curls.
* BELLY BLASTER: It's all standing ab work-with moves like standing crunches, torso twists, side steps standing crunches and v steps.
* POWER PICKUP: Moves like fast walking, other walking patterns, knee ups with arms, v steps, arm patterns, skaters.
* DANCE WALK: Moves like hand clasps, step taps, side steps, circle moves.

There are 3 exercises in each routine. Jessica, Debbie (Jessica's Mom) who is doing an easier version of the moves, and Beth, who is doing a more advanced version of the moves.

Why I love this DVD:
* Jessica. She is real, she is enthusiastic and she makes me smile.
* The moves are fun! It doesn't feel like exercise, it's more about getting up and moving and feeling fantastic after you're done.
* The peppy and fun music. The music perfectly fits the moves, so you are inspired to keep your energy up.
* The pretty setting. It's so nice to see sunshine and an inviting pool. I live in New England where it is often cold and grey. This set helps me escape.

If you are looking for some fun ways to add movement into your life, you will enjoy this DVD.

Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan
Walk On: 21 Day Weight Loss Plan
Offered by Jessica R Smith
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly FUN fitness!, January 22, 2015
I rarely gush about a workout, but I must do that in this case. I love this series! Where to start? First, a little bit about me. I am an advanced exerciser who does intense workouts like Cathe, P90X, and Insanity. I love challenging my body and my mind.

I'd do my intense exercise first thing in the morning. I was then looking for something to get me up and moving in the afternoon after sitting hunched in front of a computer all day. That's when I discovered Jessica and her YouTube workouts. I just love those workouts!

I have been working out with Jessica for the past couple of years and am very grateful for all the free material she provides. I was so happy when this DVD became available because I wanted to support her efforts.

In fact, I am just doing Jessica workouts these days and I have never felt better!

Why I love this DVD:

* The versatility. There are four 30 minute workouts: Cardio Core Walk, Low Impact Hiit, Tred and Shred and Stride, Stretch & Relax.

* More versatility. These workouts can be as tough or as easy as you want. Debbie, Jessica's Mom is doing an easier version of the moves, while Beth, is doing an advanced version. Jessica is doing something in between. It's easy to switch between intensities.

* The music fits the workouts perfectly. The beat helps you stay on track and make it intense. It also makes me smile.

* Jessica. She's real. Yes, these workouts are professionally done, but you still get the feeling that it's just you and Jessica working out together in your living room.

* Jessica's fitness philosophy. I work out because I want to be strong and healthy and feel good. I don't want to hear about getting a "bikini body" or a "great butt." Jessica wants us to get up and move, all the while having fun.

* The ab work in all the routines. I don't like working my core, but I know it's good for me. Jessica makes working your core fun. You almost don't realize you're doing so.

* The bright set. I live in New England and we are experiencing one a real cold spell. I just love seeing the pool-side setting, with the palm trees and the colorful outfits. I feel like I'm on a mini-vacation.

I can't decide which walk is my favorite; I love them all. I also bought the Walk On: 15-Minute Fast Fat Blasts and I usually add on one of these workouts to the walks if I'm feeling extra-energetic.

Jessica suggests a 4 day rotation with these workouts, adding an active rest day and then repeat for 21 days.

Here's my impression of each workout.

CARDIO CORE:
Yes, you are working your core, but you are having so much fun that you don't even notice you are really working.

LOW IMPACT HIIT WALK
Don't let the term "low impact" fool you. If you follow Beth and do some higher impact, this one will have you gasping for air. All in a good way, of course.

TRED AND SHRED
This was tough! I used 8 pound weights, the maximum suggested and 10 minutes into the workout, I was putting them down and going for my 3 pounders.

STRIDE, STRETCH & RELAX
Yes, you will do some relaxing stretches, but not before you get the blood moving gently. This was the perfect thing to do the day after an intense workout.

If you like Jessica's workouts, you must get this set. If you are looking for some workouts to get you up and moving, you must get this set. If you want to challenge yourself, you must get this set. Can you tell that I love these workouts?

L'Oreal Paris Skin Care Revitalift Daily Re-Volatizing Concentrated Serum, 0.5 Fluid Ounce
Offered by Scissors Plus
Price: $37.99
6 used & new from $29.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice serum, not so nice scent, January 22, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As I age, I am on a constant quest to find products that help my skin look better. I was intrigued by this product.

What I liked about this product:

* It worked. My face looked noticeably smoother after using it. It does "fill" in skin to make wrinkles appear less. Even if I skipped a day or two, my face still looked smooth.
* Only a small amount is needed. You just need to gently push the pump to put a small amount on your fingertips to rub into your skin.

I only gave this product 4 stars because of the scent. It's a heavy, very artificial and not a very nice scent. It is the same scent that is in the other Revitalift products. At least with this product, the scent doesn't linger.

If you are looking for something to help smooth out your face, you may just like this product.

EAS Fruit Smoothie Strawberry Banana,0.6lb Bag, Pack of 4
EAS Fruit Smoothie Strawberry Banana,0.6lb Bag, Pack of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars A delicious way to get protein, January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I work out a lot and am always on the lookout for healthy post-workout snacks. I like drinking protein drinks since they're easy to prepare and easy for my body to digest.

Why I like this product:

* It tastes good. That should be obvious, right? But not all protein powders taste good; in fact some taste downright yucky.

* Small amount needed. On a good day, I weigh 105 pounds, so I don't need the same amount of supplements as a 200 pound body builder would need. I only use one half of a scoop (the serving size is 2 scoops) and I mix in about 6 ounces of skim milk. This is only 83 calories and very easy to add into my diet.

* The fruit content. I struggle with getting in my several servings of fruit each day. I like that this product has apple, strawberry and banana powder. I know it's better to eat the real fruit, but that is not always practical.

* The fiber. I am always hungry and I like how fiber can help fill me up.

One thing to note is that this product does contain soy protein, so if you need to avoid soy, this product wouldn't work for you.

So if you are looking for a yummy protein powder, this may just be the thing for you.

Metamucil Biotic Probiotic Supplement with Bio-Active 12, 45 Count
Metamucil Biotic Probiotic Supplement with Bio-Active 12, 45 Count
Offered by Vision RX
Price: $10.45
11 used & new from $10.45

4.0 out of 5 stars A good probiotic, January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ever since I had a severe case of gastritis, caused by long term use of NSAIDs, I have been a lot more careful about my digestive health. I didn't want to be on prescription medicine for the rest of my life, so I did a lot of research about more natural ways to keep healthy. I discovered probiotics. They have helped me like nothing else. It has been almost a year since my last incident and I have probiotics to thank for that.

I like this product because:

* The Bifidobacterium animalis BB12 probiotic. I understand that this is one of the most studied.

* Each pill is individually wrapped, insuring potency. Other products say that as soon as the bottle is opened, the pills can start to lose their potency.

* It's easy on the system. I don't feel any stomach upset or any intestinal distress, like I have with other probiotics. I take it first thing in the morning with my vitamins so I don't forget.

Now the big question is, "does it work?" This is a tough one to answer. I have only been taking this for a week and I feel about the same. I felt good before I started taking this, so this doesn't say much. This is why I only gave it 4 stars.

If you are into probiotics, you might want to try this one.

Tattle Tea English Breakfast Black Tea Blend, 5 Ounce
Tattle Tea English Breakfast Black Tea Blend, 5 Ounce
Price: $10.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth and bracing tea, January 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I used to just drink coffee, but was introduced to good tea by friends. I have become a convert to the loose leaf method of brewing tea. Sure, it may take more time, but the results are definitely worth it.

I especially enjoy strong tea. I wake up super early to work out and I need a caffeine fix to help get me going. I am also interested in the health benefits of tea, so I am trying to wean myself off of coffee and drink tea instead.

I am very happy to have found this product because:

* It is strong, without being bitter.

* It has enough of a caffeine boost to get me going in the morning.

* It's smooth so all I need to add is a little bit of milk.

* It's easy to brew. I heat up some water in the microwave, put some tea leaves in my tea infuser and put into the water for 5 minutes. Voila, a perfect cup of tea.

* The packaging helps keep the product fresh.

I do recommend this tea for anyone wanting a nice, smooth cup of tea.

Yoga Warrior 365 with Rudy Mettia
Yoga Warrior 365 with Rudy Mettia
DVD ~ Rudy Mettia
Price: $99.95
3 used & new from $94.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Yoga that can really transform your life, December 24, 2014
My serious yoga journey started with Udaya's Ultimate Warrior. This latest offering from the same company is of the same beautiful production quality.

I started this series thinking it would be a continuation of Ultimate Yoga. It's not, but it is a wonderful practice.

It is a comprehensive series, consisting of 12 regular workouts, plus a few bonus ones. Each time I do a workout, I say to myself, "this is my favorite." Okay, so now I have about 14 favorite workouts. Each workout has a focus, e.g. hip opener. It also has a "Warrior Tip" separate section that gives very detailed form pointers on specific poses. I have not yet had the patience to watch these, but I do plan to do so.

Why I love this practice:

* It gives me peace. I'm at a very stressful and sad time in my life right now. Even though I have a strong faith, I needed something more to help soothe my soul. This practice does just that.

* It forces me to confront my weaknesses. Many yoga teachers say that yoga helps you work on your weaknesses. I never really `got' this until now. I am a hyper person and one who has very little patience. The very slow cadence of these workouts helps me work on my patience. I must admit, when I first did these workouts, I didn't like them very much. I kept waiting for the pace to pick up. That is the whole point of these workouts!

* They challenge me. It's hard to put into words how they challenge me. It's not just physically, because you are holding the poses for longer than I am used to, but on a much deeper level.

* The practice structure. We begin every practice by setting our intention. It's a wonderful way to start calming your mind and to focus on the upcoming work.

* The beautiful production quality. I feel relaxed just looking at the set.

* Rudy. What can I say? I love him. Think Army Drill Sergeant finding his softer side. He is a hoot. I can't tell you how many times, I'm struggling in a pose and Rudy comes out with one of his sayings. I burst out laughing, with maybe a snort or two thrown in.

Rudy does talk a lot and that might be off putting for some. I find his form tips are spot on.

If you are looking for a rather unique yoga practice, this may just be the thing for you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20