Profile for Bennett Matthew > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Bennett Matthew RSS Feed (Philly)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
iPhone 6 Case, i-Blason Apple iPhone 6 Case 4.7 inch Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Full-body Protective Case with Front Cover and Built-in Screen Protector / Impact Resistant Bumpers for iPhone 6 (Green)
Offered by i-BLASON
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I definitely recommend this case, October 24, 2014
Case fits perfectly. I had the RooCase which was very similar to this case but that one didn't have any of the ridges on the sides and was more likely to slip out. This one has additional bumper protection on each of the corners. I definitely recommend this case.

Wilson XCEL Pickleball Paddle
Wilson XCEL Pickleball Paddle

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible Quality., September 16, 2014
These are defective paddles. I had one and my friend had the same, after about 3 months of playing with it, the paddle started wearing out and no longer playable, same thing happened to my friend. I called wilson as mine was still under warranty and they acknowledged that there were quality issues with these paddles. Stay away from Xcel.

Panasonic ES-LV81-K Arc5 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head and Automatic Cleaning System for Men
Offered by Thunderbird Tech
Price: $279.99
30 used & new from $279.89

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Electric Shaver, March 25, 2014
My first experience with Electric shavers have been with Norelco, last of which being their Senso Touch 3d. I just was never satisfied with the shaving experience I got from them especially with a lot of tugging and pulling of hairs. I decided to jump ship and switch to Double Edge Razor shaving based on a friends recommendation. I've been using DE razor's for over a year and I thought I would never go back to cartridge or electrics ever again. Even though the DE razor's gives you the closest shave ever, (No Electric can ever compare to it) only problem with DE Razor shaving is the amount of time it takes.
I came across a special deal for this Panasonic Shaver a coupe of weeks back and after reading all the reviews both from users on Amazon and other professional Reviews, I decided to take the plunge and give it a try. I was totally taken by surprise by the results from the very first time I tried this shaver. Not only did it give me a very close shave, but it was also incredibly quick. Best of all, this Shaver did not do any pulling and tugging of hair which is common among other Electric Shavers. Made in Japan, the build quality is excellent. I've only tried dry shaving so far and will soon try wet shaving, since this does both really well. Thanks to DE Razor shaving, I now enjoy the whole experience of creating your own lather from a quality shaving cream like Proraso and using a Badger hair brush. (For those of you who use a shaving cream from a pressurized can - please do yourself a favor and get rid of that junk). I'm a big advocate of Panasonic Shavers and will definitely be recommending them to all my family and friends. If your thinking about this shaver and are hesitant because of the costs, I'd say don't think twice about it and just take the plunge, it will be well worth it in the long run.

Oster Versa 1400-watt Professional Performance Blender
Oster Versa 1400-watt Professional Performance Blender
Price: $249.99
11 used & new from $179.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Performance Blender, April 11, 2013
After doing ton's of research, I had narrowed down my choices to this blender, along with a Vitamix and a Blendtec. I was a little concerned in the beginning since this blender is fairly new, but because it had a 7 Year warranty, I decided to go for it. Also I couldn't justify paying an extra $200+ for the other two blenders, since this one produces very similar results.

When I got the item, first thing I did was blend a few ice cubes(no water) to see how well it handled ice. I was very impressed with the snow like results of the ice.
Next I tried making a smootie with a mix of frozen fruits, ice along with a few other ingredients. The blender was quick to blend everything to a perfect smootie consistency.

I like that the Versa came with a very nice quality cookbook and also included a tamper, in fact the jar is almost identical to a Vitamix. (looks like Oster stole a page out of Vitamix :-) This blender is made in China, I'm just not a big fan of items made in China (just my personal preference) but with the 7 year warranty I'm not going to worry about it too much. Oster is a great company and I know they will back their products.

Pros:
7 Year Warranty
Quick and easy Ice crushing.
BPA Free Jar - (64oz jar) - Not too heavy compared to Glass.
Variable Speed Dial

Cons:
Tall Unit (counter space is limited)
Loud at Full Speed.

Overall I'm very impressed with this Blender, it is a great value for the price and performance. If your looking at a Vitamix or Blendtec, I would say also consider this awesome blender.

100 Beyond Seven Sheerlon Natural Rubber Latex Condoms, Extra Thin and Sensitive, Lightly Lubricated
Offered by Baker Enterprise (A USA Seller)
Price: $14.88
8 used & new from $12.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, December 29, 2012
Best ones I've ever used. Almost the same feeling as their crown brand. Would never go back to drugstore brand again.

Cosmos ® CLEAR Soft Flexi TPU Back Case / Cover Companion -Made to work with iPad 2 3 Smart Cover + COSMOS cable tie
Offered by Cosmos Tech&Leisure
Price: $9.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect companion to Smart Cover, December 29, 2012
It is made of a nice feeling rubbery material. Fits perfectly on my ipad 4. just what I was looking for.

Swinger Pickleball Paddle
Swinger Pickleball Paddle
Offered by ToysNGamesEtc
Price: $14.44
12 used & new from $14.44

1.0 out of 5 stars Look elsewhere, June 25, 2012
This review is from: Swinger Pickleball Paddle (Misc.)
I'm an avid pickleball player and I also help teach the sport to others. I agree with the other user that this paddle is way too heavy for pickleball. This paddle just sits in the box collecting dust because as nobody wants to even touch it. Because of its weights over the long run if you play a lot of pickleball it will cause injuries to your arm due to added stress. If you are looking for a heavy heavy pickleball paddle then by all means you've found the right product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 11, 2014 9:26 PM PDT

KitchenAid KSB560OB 5-Speed 56-Ounce Blender, Onyx Black
KitchenAid KSB560OB 5-Speed 56-Ounce Blender, Onyx Black
Offered by always bargain
Price: $117.99
14 used & new from $53.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blender for the money., May 13, 2012
I was researching a lot of different blenders. Well lets just say besides the $350+ Blendtec's and Vitamix's this is probably the best blender you can get especially for this price range. Crushes ice without any issues with its Ice Crush feature, Smoothies have all come out excellent. I registered my product so hoping the leaky Carafe if it does happen will get taken care off. (seems like they have fixed this issue in the newer models). Can't be happier.

Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Grey
Hamilton Beach 67650 Big Mouth Juice Extractor, Grey
Offered by Beach Camera Same Day Shipping
Price: $59.85
20 used & new from $37.99

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what its supposed to do, May 8, 2012
I first ordered this Juicer ($59.99) and then ordered the Breville 800JEXL ($269.99) a few weeks later. I wanted to see what the main differences were and have a comparison point between an economy juicer and a top of the line juicer.
I used this juicer for about 3 weeks before I finally received the Breville. My first impressions of this juicer was that it was well constructed (even though most of the parts are plastic) It is quite powerful and juiced up pretty much anything I threw at it without much issues. Cleanup was also easy (probably took about 5 - 10 mins) The one thing I didn't like about it is that the pulp output was very moist. At first since this was my first juicer I thought maybe that's how juicer pulps are supposed to be. It was only after I received the Breville and used it was I able to tell the difference of how output from a good quality juicer is supposed to be. The pulp from the Breville was very very dry (tried even taking pulp in hand and squeezing it out only to get a few drops)
There are plenty of reviews on both this model and the Breville which touches all the pros and cons. If your new to juicing I would say buy this juicer and see how dedicated you are and then make the decision to keep it or upgrade. For me the decision to return this and keep the Breville was because I plan on having a juicer for (hopefully more than 10+ years). With the amount of wasted juice in the pulp, over the long run the Breville seemed like the more logical choice. If your looking for a budget juicer this is it, look no further. All in all its not a bad juicer especially at its price point.

Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Mohu Leaf Paper-Thin Indoor HDTV Antenna - Made in USA
Price: $39.88
27 used & new from $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Paper Thin Antenna, February 21, 2012
Wow is all I can say about this product. I must say I was very skeptical about it when I saw it online. I just received the item today and did a quick channel search, and I was able to pick up all the available stations crystal clear. I live about 25 miles from most of the main tv towers and all the stations come in at 90% signal strength and higher. I have used a cheap set of RCA 121 and a Trek HDTVa. (this product's quality is about the same as the Trek HDTVa -minus the bulkiness). If your thinking about getting an indoor antenna stop researching and just get this item, you will not be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3