Profile for javajunki > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 167

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

javajunki RSS Feed
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Foxnovo® F-02 2-Slots Li-ion Ni-MH Ni-CD Universal Intelligent Battery Charger LED Indicators with US-plug Adapter 12V Car Adapter for Li-ion 26650, 22650, 18650, 18500, 18490, 17670, 17650, 17500, 16340, 14500, 10440, Ni-MH and Ni-CD A, AA, AAA, C, SC Rechargeable Batteries (Black)
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great hurricane alley prep item, March 13, 2015
REALLY really like this little device. Living in the hurricane capital of the world (literally) we keep a small arsenal of generators, power packs, batteries and more on hand at all times - nothing like going without power for 2 wks to make sure you stay prepared. Generators are a good stop gap measure but when they are running 24/7, you tend to look for ways to conserve energy as much as possible - that is where this comes into play. Rather than having to keep oodles of batteries on hand which then go dead, rechargeable ones are a much better solution. This is a low energy consumption unit that can be plugged in to house or car - we charged 2 batteries that came with this offer overnight with ease. It's a simple, pretty low tech little device but exactly the type of thing you want around during power outages or just as a general money saving device. Complimentary product provided for evaluation purposes.

Foxnovo ICR18650 2600mAh 3.7v 9.6Wh High Drain IC Protected 18650 Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries - 2 Pieces
Offered by Foxnovo Store
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hurricane prep item, March 13, 2015
These are exactly what they are advertised to be; no nonsense, affordable, rechargeable batteries. I used the Foxnovo charger -which I really like thanks to the versatile sizing - and basically plugged it in, stuck these in to charge overnight and awoke to recharged batteries. Living in the hurricane capital of the world (literally) rechargeable batteries are a must to stay prepped and to have easy access to renewable power for flashlights etc via a generator. These fit the bill perfectly. I received free for evaluation purposes but plan to add more.

Aquadis Swimming Goggles with High-Quality, Anti-Fog and Scratch-Resistant Lenses for Women and Men - Best Professional Goggles for Indoor, Open Water Swimming and Triathlons with a Quick Adjust Buckle System for Adults - Most Comfortable Swim Goggles with UV Protective Lenses and 180 Degree Wide-Angle Visibility - Comes with Luxury Hard Case - Lifetime Free Replacement Guarantee (White/Red, Gray)
Offered by Alfresco Sporting Goods
Price: $21.00

4.0 out of 5 stars These seem to run a bit large, March 13, 2015
I'm guessing these are very dependent upon your facial features; in my case, they simply didn't fit well whatsoever but my spouse found them much more comfortable. The hard protective case is a very nice addition and overall, these feel well built but are large. Living in Florida, we do a lot of swimming both for enjoyment and exercise - in fact, we own a lap pool but tend to prefer the smaller sized goggles for exercise. These are nice for use at the beach where a bit of extra oomph is needed...again, depending upon fit. Overall, I'd have to say these are designed more for men in mind or larger sized individuals. Materials are nice, not as fog free as I'd normally like but overall a nice set. Complimentary product provided for evaluation purposes.

DII 100% Cotton, Machine Washable, Perfect Shower, Baby or Birthday Gift for Toddler 32x32" Hooded Towel for Infant to Toddler - Owl
Price: $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely adorable!, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First a disclaimer...I use these for my dogs. Yes, my fur-babies may be a bit spoiled but they now think bath time is fun rather than fearful which is saying a lot since they were rescue dogs with MAJOR prior medical issues related to their abuse. Now, thanks to their special treat, special towel, some Relaxing Remedy and lots and lots and lots of praise on how pretty they look after their bath, my dogs think it's OK. Not great but OKAY.

So, about the towel itself...it's adorable. It's so cute I thought about keeping it for use as a hair wrap after my own shower as it's the perfect size and the bright pink plus big eyes just make this an all around winner. It comes wrapped in a little ribbon and plastic so would also be great as a small gift idea. Machine washable, all cotton...there is nothing not to like about this!

Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum
Dyson Cinetic Big Ball Animal Canister Vacuum
Offered by Abt Electronics
Price: $439.99
9 used & new from $439.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FINALLY the vac for pets, long hair, sand and high humidity with low maintenance, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have dogs and cats, live in Florida with a steady stream of sand combined with high humidity and I have 3 ft long hair. To say we put our vac to the test would be an understatement. Now, I've owned other brands of "animal" vacs but have been using uprights for years. I've been thinking about a canister because of the new design so when this came up...I immediately jumped at the opportunity to evaluate.

Before removing it from the box you will already know something is different - the box is much smaller than anticipated. Next, it takes about 5 minutes to have it put together and that includes fiddling. You probably won't even need to look at the manual - everything just snaps into place (with ease). The hose is wide and quite heavy duty..as nice as our premium shop vac hose! The canister itself is surprisingly light...and the odd little design very quickly grows on you!

So, things that are incredibly neat about this vac...
1. The snap hose, tube etc...this system is great especially for those that hate to dwadle. Everything fits great.
2. The hose is wide and well made.
3. The column can be easily adjusted up/down for easy working without bending over or for easy storage when not in use.
4. Accessories make sense, are well made and work very nicely. For example, not only can you vac under furniture but entirely under, around and back again with total ease. Folds flat to the ground so able to reach under the tightest cabinets and, since the ball joint on the actual accessory itself also swivels, you can work around legs etc easily.
5. The retractable cord doesn't pull - it locks into place and then retracts on demand once a button is pressed.
6. Retractable cord and on/off button is situated on top of the machine so can use foot for quick touch convenience.
7. Ergonomic - everything is just so easy and convenient to access.
8. Powerful - Since I knew this was coming, I originally didn't vac in anticipation of putting this through a tough workout test. THEN the weather up north interrupted delivery service so it was delayed...and I still didn't vac. By the time this arrived, it had been OVER a week - now, maybe in some homes that is okay but as much as I hate to admit it, not in mine. Between the dogs (who have a dog door and come/go at will in their fenced yard), the fact that it's early spring here in Florida and just the general in/out...the floors were BAAAAD. We have tile everywhere with a few large rugs...this goes from tile to rug with ease but really shines with tile. No back kicking of sand, no streaks of left behind grains, nothing. There were even one or two small oak leaves which were sucked up along with the sand and dog hair.
9. NO dust - Okay, one of my HUGE HUGE HUGE pet peeves is constantly having to change the filters on the other vacs. Years ago I went to a bagless model of vac but the filters still end up smelling like wet dog if not constantly washed and changed. I refuse to use air pollutants like Febreeze so that leaves vinegar or a new filter all the time. This has neither a bag or a filter...I couldn't be more pleased! Now of course, this is brand new so shouldn't smell like dog but more importantly, it didn't smell at all. Not a new vac smell, nothing...which is exactly how I like my appliances!
10. Easy maintenance - speaking of no bags and no filters (yay!!!), this is also a very unique canister. Spouse immediately made mention of no more having to untangle the stem - again, I very long hair so if it's not the dogs, just a few strands of my own 3 ft long hair results in a canister knot of ridiculous proportions in most vac's..for the heck of it, I actually cleaned my hair brush and tossed it in to see what would happen. Nothing. That is a FIRST ever!
11. Easy storage - this takes up about the same amt of closet space as the upright - very little.
12. Not terribly loud - It's not quiet but not terrible. Spouse thought it was quieter than average while I thought it was about average.

How much do we like it? The others are already at the curb!

FERTMAX Powder Booster Fertilizer, 1-Pound
FERTMAX Powder Booster Fertilizer, 1-Pound
Price: $11.95
2 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Instructions are weak but growth is strong!, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like others have mentioned, the instructions leave a lot to be desired but the numbers, ease of mixing and use make this a product I'm HIGHLY likely to buy again in the future. This is very strong so a little goes a long way; good for use with both hydroponic or soil but needs to be thoroughly mixed before application. The beauty of using individual supplements is in the specificity of needs; this is for green growth whereas others are for blooming and still others for root promotion.

EcoSeb DD322EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, White, 120V
EcoSeb DD322EA-SIMPLE Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, White, 120V
Price: $283.99
3 used & new from $241.39

3.0 out of 5 stars Zeolite health concerns?, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Living in Florida means year round humidity so When this came up for review, I jumped at the opportunity to try it out. Since we routinely have to carry our big, bulky condenser humidifier from the garage to the house and then also use small room AC's just to help remove humidity from the garage, this was a no brainer and very pleasant surprise.

Frankly, I like everything about this product. It comes with an optional hose which I did NOT use so cannot comment on; I don't need one for my purposes. The carry/empty tank has a lid with handle, something my other unit could learn a lesson from. This seems very effective in actual use. Basically there is a big knob, you turn it to the desired level and then set the high/low speed. Low is actually pretty quiet and high, although louder, is still tolerable.

The filter and holding tank are straightforward and designed for easy cleaning. The system can be set on high or low and since it's already spring here in Florida (and therefore packing a good amount of humidity) we set it up...took a couple of hours and left the room feeling great. Unlike my traditional condenser system, this doesn't have a delay, instruments are all set to go and turn on/off almost instantly.

So, why the neutral review? There are a few things I prefer and a couple items of HUGE concern...
First - I like a digital read-out display for the humidity setting. Not a big deal but still a minor irritation.
Next - There are no wheels. No, not really needed as this is light weight and now that I have a couple so won't need to haul it all over the house, it's only a minor annoyance.

The really big deal is the use of zeolite. Let me explain. When I first turned this one, I noticed a HEAVY odor. I have asthma so try to stay alert to odors. I didn't get any immediate symptoms but wondered what that smell was since our condenser unit didn't have an odor. Now, I also understand that a desiccant dehumidifier usually use silica to capture the humidity; well according to the instruction manual this uses zeolite which is a natural substance that is often used in detergents, animal feed, filters and purifiers etc...sounds good except that zeolite is also a known carcinogen when inhaled. Don't take my word for it...look it up on the Material data sheets.

EcoSeb DD322EA-Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, 120V
EcoSeb DD322EA-Classic Desiccant Dehumidifier, 21-Pint, 120V
Price: $343.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Really really torn about this product, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Living in Florida means humidity just about year round; without exaggeration, it's not unusual to see 99% humidity in summer and even 80% in winter. Added to that, in our area of Florida, temperatures can and do drop well into the 30's or 40's which puts a serious strain on our regular condenser dehumidifier.

When this came up for review, I jumped at the opportunity and was very fortunate to snag 2 of them. Since we routinely have to carry our big, bulky condenser humidifier from the garage to the house and then also use small room AC's just to help remove humidity from the garage, this was a no brainer and very pleasant surprise.

Out of the box, this is probably half the size of our traditional condenser beast. It's light weight and much easier to move despite not having wheels (it doesn't need it like the other). Initially I didn't read the instructions (there is barely a need to do so) but was curious about the t-shirt icon so broke out the instruction manual...shockingly, it's actually able to dry clothing. Now, this might not sound like a big deal but as someone who has been without power for WEEKS during hurricane season, trust me, it is! The ability to hand wash a few things and have some sort of way to dry out things using only a generator power system is a huge plus.

Aside from that, I really really really like the auto vent feature which can be set to steady in the up or straight setting as well as slowly rotate up/down. Very nice feature!

Now, I realize there is probably some sort of quality control issue since spewing a known cancer causing agent around the air supply would smack of a bad idea...but I'm not able to find out how it's done. Since the odor filled the room during use, it just leaves me more than a little suspicious and slightly concerned. Initially I planned to put this full-time in my office but for the time being, I'm banishing it to the garage "just in case".

Purina Pro Plan Dry Cat Food, True Nature, 45% Protein Formula, Turkey & Rice Recipe, Turkey & Rice Recipe, 6-Pound Bag, Pack of 1
Price: $19.99
2 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Purina pro has been great for our aging cat, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
We have tried many different foods but one of our cats in particular had serious kidney problems starting years ago...in fact, how she is still alive is beyond both us and the vet. Now at 15 years of age, not only has she outlived the vet who initially diagnosed her but is going stronger than ever much to our amazement. However, finding a food that agrees with her has been tough - I came across the Purina Pro canned food for urinary health and she absolutely loves it plus, it seems to work better than most anything else we've tried including very high priced vet versions. She's gained a bit of weight and overall seems healthier and happier. Since she's one of those cats that cannot tolerate an empty bowl so in between breakfast, lunch and dinner (yes, she eats 2-3 cans per day but remains thin) we provide dry. She seems to like this and it doesn't disagree...these days that is about as good as it gets for a dry product for her. Overall I'm really impressed by the Purina Pro line...it's now the ONLY cat food we use.

The Honest Kitchen Revel Chicken and Whole Grain Dog Food, 2-Pound
The Honest Kitchen Revel Chicken and Whole Grain Dog Food, 2-Pound
Price: $15.99
2 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Food is fine but better attention to detail needed for people, March 12, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Like others, our dogs seem to enjoy this but I'm personally a bit annoyed about a few minor things that tend to add up over time. First, the bag isn't resealable - since you will be measuring and mixing at least once per day until the food is done, it would only make sense to make the bag easy to seal instead of easy to spill. Next, why not add a small measuring scoop? Again, not a big deal but I don't like using my kitchen utensils for the dog food. Again, not a big deal but just the type of detail that makes this less than pleasurable to use.

The food itself is okay, it creates a gruel type consistency that seems messy but enjoyable by the dogs. Since I'm mainly trying to switch to low/no grain feed for the dogs, this was the perfect size for a small treat rather than full meal.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20