Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for I Buy A Lot On Amazon > Reviews

Browse

I Buy A Lot On A...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 214

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

I Buy A Lot On Amazon RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Taihu Snow Silk Fitted Sheet 100% 19mm Mulberry Silk Real Luxury Pure Solid, 16" Deep (Queen, Silver)
Offered by Taihu Snow Silk Home Textiles
Price: $195.99
2 used & new from $195.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Luxurious Silk Sheet For Blissful Sleep, July 6, 2016
This fitted sheet is so luxurious. The feeling is so nice it makes it where you never want to get out of bed.

The sheet is very high quality and very soft. The price is very good. I highly recommend Taihu Snow silk bedding. You will be very happy. Also, the Taihu Snow company itself is wonderful. I had a question, and their customer service responded quickly, and they were very helpful.

If you want to sleep on the very best, there is nothing better than 100% silk sheets; and no one does it better than Taihu Snow.

Auxiliary Cable (2 Pack) 3.3FT - Shielded Aux Cord - 3.5mm Male to Male Audio Jack(s) - Connect Smartphone, iPhone, Mp3 Player, iPod, iPad to Car/Auto Stereo or Speakers via Aux Audio Port(s)
Offered by Velesco
Price: $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They Work, June 29, 2016
Luckily, both cables are working as advertised. I am hoping for longevity, as we all know many 3.5mm patch cables can fail after a while.

The cables seem well constructed for their reasonable price.

I have one going from my TV's headphone jack into an expensive external speaker. The other cable is going from my iMac's headphone jack into another nice speaker. Sound quality is as expected and desired.

Regina Softis Super-Soft Toilet Tissue (9) - Pack of 2
Regina Softis Super-Soft Toilet Tissue (9) - Pack of 2
Offered by Cooking Marvellous
Price: $29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Toilet Paper, June 29, 2016
The toilet paper is wonderful. It is soft and nice in every way. (No toilet paper in the USA compares that I could find as of this posting.)

The manufacturer says it is "Luxurious 4-Ply"...and I can confirm it is.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, June 28, 2016
Nice stuff. Works as advertised with induction cooktop. I am glad I bought it. Good quality.

Tablo 2-Tuner Digital Video Recorder [DVR] for Over-The-Air [OTA] HDTV with Wi-Fi for LIVE TV Streaming
Price: $196.99
12 used & new from $174.94

1.0 out of 5 stars No Return to Live Button (Are They Kidding Me?), June 28, 2016
As of this posting, June 28, 2016, there is no Return to Live button either in the Web-based app or the Apple TV 4's Tablo app. Are they kidding me with this omission? Every DVR I have ever owned (TiVo, Moxi, ReplayTV, Cannel Master DVR+) has a Return to Live button. Let's say you pause Live TV, or you rewind Live TV using the buffer, and then you wanna quickly shoot back to Live TV, there is no button to do this. Mind-boggling! Have the inventors of the Tablo never used a DVR before?

OK, so on the Apple TV and Web-based apps, if you use the skip ahead 30-seconds feature to try and get back to Live TV, it doesn't stop when you get to Live TV. It goes all the way back to the beginning of the buffer if you miss the mark, which is easy to do. So frustrating.

Other negatives:

When you fast forward or rewind, you do not see the video. So good luck guessing where to stop.

Be prepared to wait a lot. (And please Mr. Tablo do not reply with a comment about how my network is slow. It is not. I have a gigabit network in place, fronted by an Apple Airport Extreme. My computers that can use the Web-based app are all i7's with 16 gigs a RAM, all having fast SSD's. My Apple TV is the newest version 4, of course. And my Tablo is connected with Ethernet cable, as are all my computers and my Apple TV. (No WiFi being used with the Tablo streaming/receiving at all. I have gigabit switch connected to gigabit port on Airport Extreme.)

From the time I load the Web app to loading a live TV station, it is anywhere from 20 to 25 seconds. This is not ideal, especially considering the cheapest Tablo is $200.

But perhaps one can live with the waiting to load and/or change Live TV stations. But come on, to not have a Return to Live easy button or the ability to see the video as one rewinds or fast forwards, this is just not acceptable to me. And to fast forward on the buffer and not have it stop when you get to Live TV is also very frustrating. Why would you design the Fast Forwarding to go all the way back to the start of the buffer when it hits the Live TV spot? Who does this?

For the Apple TV app, I guess you could program a Siri command to Return to Live TV, but you haven't.

Mr. Tablo, You want $200 to $300 for these cheap-feeling plastic boxes, and then more money for the guide subscription, and you do not even include some basic DVR features every other major brand DVR offers? Wow!

Yes, there are positives: The biggest being you only need one TV antenna connection, and that you can watch on multiple devices if you want. The Tablo is easy to set up. And the picture quality is good.

Mr. Tablo, you have had plenty of time now to really make this a much better DVR & Live TV experience. I am frustrated that as of this writing there are way too many disappointments. I cannot recommend the Tablo at this time as is.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 30, 2016 7:54 AM PDT

Luxuer Silk Flat Sheet 1-Piece Machine Washable Handmade Luxurious 100% Pure Mulberry Silk King Size, Silver Grey/Gray
Offered by LUXUER
Price: $220.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Perfect, June 27, 2016
Very nice and soft sheet for sure. Looks and feels luxurious. I deducted a star because right out of the package there are two separate pulled threads/defects. At this price I would expect a more thorough inspection of the entire sheet at time of packaging.

Cozy Fleece Micro Blanket with Satin Binding, King, Gray
Cozy Fleece Micro Blanket with Satin Binding, King, Gray
Price: $20.92
2 used & new from $12.50

1.0 out of 5 stars I Did Not Like This Blanket At All, June 25, 2016
I Did Not Like the following:

The size was way off with the dimensions seemingly reversed. The sides were way too long, and the length from head to too way too short.

The Satin trim at the top edge felt cheap, and not a nice feeling on the underside.

The blanket did not feel as soft and cozy as expected.

I decided not to use it immediately.

I absolutely do not recommend this blanket.

Furman AC-215A Compact Power Conditioner with Auto-Resetting Voltage Protection - Black
Price: $139.00
14 used & new from $134.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Hum Eliminated, June 24, 2016
I was going from the 3.5mm headphone jack of my nice HDTV into the 3.5mm input jack of a very expensive speaker. I was getting annoying hum.

I plugged both the TV and the external speaker into this 2-plug-outlets Furman, and the hum was gone.

Sad that I had to spend this kind of money to accomplish what I needed to accomplish, but all of my less expensive methods failed. I even tried one of those hum eliminators. No luck.

Deluxe Super Soft Luxurious Micro Plush Flannel Blanket - KING Size - BLUE
Deluxe Super Soft Luxurious Micro Plush Flannel Blanket - KING Size - BLUE
Offered by Dealway

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the Best Inexpensive Lightweight Blanket If Inexpensive Is What You Want, June 23, 2016
No matter what, you must always keep in mind that this is a $25 blanket. And for anyone who only wants to spend $25 for a blanket, you cannot expect "luxurious" as advertised. (Name anything in this world that is luxurious for just $25?)

For $25, you get the best blanket you can expect for the money.

The King size is 102 x 86 inches, whereas a lot of other King blankets are sized 108 x 90. (I would have preferred the 108 x 90 size, but again this blanket only cost me $25.)

Of course it doesn't look as plush as the picture, but there is no way it could at this low price. At this price you do not mind discarding the blanket if it gets ruined.

I wish the blanket did not have small blue balls that shed off, but it's tolerable.

Blanket is soft enough, and quite decent, especially for spring and summer. I think it's perfect for most temperatures except very cold. If it is very cold, I doubt this blanket is adequate alone.

The best feature beside the price is how lightweight it is, assuming you prefer a near-weightless blanket like I do.

If you read the entire description and the reviews and decide this meets your needs, I do not think you'll be sorry you bought this blanket.

Stri-Dex Medicated Pads, Maximum Strength, 90-Count Containers, (Pack of 3)
Stri-Dex Medicated Pads, Maximum Strength, 90-Count Containers, (Pack of 3)
Price: $11.91
16 used & new from $11.91

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Face Pad, June 20, 2016
My favorite pad, as it causes no irritation to my face whatsoever. And the scent is not overwhelming or lingering at all. Pads are of good quality. I like that this is alcohol-free. These pads do not dry out my skin. I recommend these pads.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20