Profile for BTX > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 136

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

BTX RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
ASUS VivoMini UN62-M037M Barebones Desktop
ASUS VivoMini UN62-M037M Barebones Desktop
Price: $286.27
43 used & new from $250.49

5.0 out of 5 stars For My Specific Needs This Computer Is Perfect, June 21, 2015
For specific circumstances, this Asus VivoMini UN62-M037M is perfect and wonderful. My specific circumstance: I wanted a computer to put next to my High-Def TV so I can play movies and TV shows, etc. My TV becomes the gorgeous computer monitor via the HDMI input. I have Ethernet right there, so I did not have to buy the additional WiFi adapter for the computer. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse.

This Asus has 4 USB 3.0 ports. I recommend this Asus model with the 4 ports instead of their model with only 2 ports.

I bought one 8-Gig RAM stick for $44 (Crucial CT102464BF160B via Amazon). I bought a 256GB mSATA drive for $103 (Crucial MX200 via Amazon). (I already had a wireless mouse [Logitech M525] and a wireless keyboard [Anker A7723].)

So, I spent about $435 total. (Luckily I already had a copy of Windows 8.1 I could use, plus a USB DVD drive. Of course, you can also install Windows via a USB Flash Drive.)

Opening up the bottom by removing the 4 screws is fast and easy. Installing the RAM and mSATA hard drive is also fast and easy.

I hooked up my HDMI cable direct from the computer to my TV and the rest went easy.

The Windows drivers are easily downloaded from Asus Website.

The computer is very quiet and small and nice. The i5 processor runs as expected. Boot times are fast. The Intel Video chip they provide is great at doing what I need it to: Provide a crystal clear picture to my TV, and allow me to stream high-def movies and TV shows from the computer.

For what I do and at the total price I paid, this Asus VivoMini is perfect. (With it seeming solidly built, I am hoping for longevity.)

Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo
Price: $179.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Both Wonderful & Disappointing At The Same Time, June 19, 2015
This review is from: Amazon Echo (Electronics)
The Amazon Echo is both wonderful and disappointing. It is a great idea that perhaps should have been held off until it could have been at least as helpful as Apple's Siri system.

Yes, I keep hearing that the Echo is getting better and that it will be better eventually. It has a far way to go, however, and its improvement is certainly very slow.

The biggest complaint is that so much of what you ask the Echo cannot be answered. Yet almost all of what you ask Echo can be answered by other voice input services that have been around a long time now. I was really surprised at this.

I think the Echo's value at full price would be a no brainer if the Amazon Prime Music service had more songs. If I could ask Echo to play almost every song title I request via Prime Music, Amazon surely would have a must-have device here. but sadly, Amazon's Prime Music library is quite lacking.

I am still waiting for Amazon to allow more Wake Words than just Alexa and Amazon. I have 2 Echo devices, and because of that, I needed to change the Wake Word on the second one. With the word Amazon being used a lot, Amazon as the only second Wake Word is not good. Heck they could have even chosen Echo as the second Wake Word.

The Echo device has a lot to love. I like the sound. I like the size. I love the concept. I use both Echo devices a lot, daily. I am glad I bought them, even though they frustrate often.

My wish list please:

Add more Wake Words

Allow more than 250 songs in one's Music Library if one is a Prime Member. (One can pay Amazon an annual fee if one wants to store more than 250 songs, of course.)

Give the Echo the ability to answer as many questions/requests as Siri and others can. (I constantly have to turn to Siri after the Echo is unable to answer my question.)

The Original Monkey Cord - (Blue)
The Original Monkey Cord - (Blue)
Offered by Powertronics.
Price: $11.95

1.0 out of 5 stars There Has To Be A Better Way Than This, June 12, 2015
Come On! There has to be a better way than this to keep one's cords from tangling....especially since this one doesn't.

First of all, it takes so much time to get this on the cord. My gosh it is tedious. And to make matters worse, after you spend all that time getting this on your cord, you later find out this crap doesn't even work to keep the cord from tangling, as advertised.

While you are installing it, you'll see the so called "Monkey Cord" tangle itself, as you have to constantly push or pull it around the electrical cord you are working with. (And if the Monkey Cords itself can get tangled, of course the electrical cords it is supposed to protect from tangling can too.)

If you use a hair dryer, etc., and you turn it around naturally as you switch hands, the cord will tangle no matter what, even with this Monkey Cord be used.

Again, this did not work for me as advertised. It did not keep the electrical cord from tangling up. What a waste of my time to get it installed.

I hope someday someone invents a way to keep hair dryer cords from tangling up.

Arteck Universal Backlit 7-Colors & Adjustable Brightness Ultra Light & Slim Portable Wireless Bluetooth 3.0 Keyboard for iOS iPad Air, iPad Mini, Android, MacOS, Windows Tablets PC Smartphone Built in Rechargeable 6-Month Battery
Offered by Arteck
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $15.26

5.0 out of 5 stars This Universal Keyboard Is Perfect For Using On Your Sofa Or Recliner, May 24, 2015
This keyboard is so nice and lightweight...perfect if you are typing with the keyboard on your lap while on a sofa or recliner, etc. I paired this keyboard to a Windows 8 computer just fine, no problem at all.

Works great on a desk, too, of course.

Very easy to operate. And the price is great.

The seller is also wonderful when it comes to communication, and replied fast when I had a question.

Arm Chair Mousepad - 8 Inch - Black
Arm Chair Mousepad - 8 Inch - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea - Quality Product, May 13, 2015
Great concept for people who want to use their mouse while sitting in their recliner. The Arm Chair Mouse Pad works exactly as described. No worrying that the mouse will slide off the armrest now, or that your mouse won't track properly, or that you'll run out of room while dragging the mouse..

The seller is great, having shipped the item immediately. Very fast shipping indeed. Thank you.

The only reason I deducted one star is due to my own personal preference that the top of the pad be cushioned for comfort, just like the armrest on my chair is cushioned for comfort. Perhaps in a future version the designer might consider a layer of memory foam or other cushion on top of the necessary quite hard surface.

The mouse pad works perfectly and the mouse cursor tracks nicely, and the mouse pad appears well-made and it looks nice.

iNPOFi Wireless Charging System with Dual Mobile Charger, Pack B for iPhone 5/5s - Retail Packaging - Champagne Gold
Offered by OhmTopia
Price: $119.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Once You Go Wireless Charging You'll Never Want To Go Back, May 7, 2015
The iNPOFi Wireless Charging System is very classy and nice and convenient. And it works exactly as advertised, and as you'd want. Everything seems well-built and good quality.

Slipping the iPhone into the case is very easy to do. I bought the gold colored case, and I think it looks and feels nice.

I can then put my phone right on top of the charging base and a light turns on, and the phone charges. It also allows you to use the wonderful "Hey Siri" feature, where you can communicate with Siri without having to touch the phone. (I love that. You only need to try the "Hey Siri" feature once to immediately become hooked. Make sure you turn on the feature in the Siri settings first, of course.)

I am buying an extra charging base to keep in another room. It is so convenient.

I also love the Mobile Charging Base. It is very easy to carry room to room, or take it with you when you go out.

I recommend this wireless charging system, and the iNPOFi company. The company responds to calls and emails to answer questions.

Digestive Enzymes Supplement with Proteolytic Enzymes - Powerful Plant-Based Formula - Aids In More Efficient Digestion, Better Conversion of Food to Nutrients and Increased Energy* - Works on Broad Range of Food Types - 90 Vegetarian Capsules - DigestWise By Naturenetics
Offered by Naturenetics
Price: $29.71
2 used & new from $29.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive Feeling For Me, April 29, 2015
I am taking this company's Flora Pro- Health Probiotics and find them so effective, and the best Probiotics I have ever taken. So, I decided to give their DigestWise Digestive Enzymes a try.

I am glad I did. So far, they made me feel more comfortable, "digestively speaking."

Pills are easy to swallow. No aftertaste. Directions are to take one capsule right before every meal. They say to store the capsules in a cool, dry place.

CloSYS Pre-Flavored Mouthwash, Alcohol Free, Mild Mint, 32 Ounce
CloSYS Pre-Flavored Mouthwash, Alcohol Free, Mild Mint, 32 Ounce
Price: $13.99
3 used & new from $7.87

5.0 out of 5 stars It Passed The "No Morning Breath" Test, April 28, 2015
You can easily test a mouthwash's effectiveness at killing bacteria by using it right before going to sleep. If you wake up with no morning breath, you know the product is effective. The CloSYS Pre-Flavored Mouthwash passed the test.

I bought both the unflavored and pre-flavored. I did not like the unflavored at all, as it left a bad, lingering aftertaste. I like the pre-flavored one much better. I find it has a mellow taste, which is nice.

I like that this mouthwash is alcohol-free.

I use both the CloSYS fluoride toothpaste and the pre-flavored mouthwash, and am seeing positive results, which have been confirmed by my dentist.

Whitmor 6283-300 Hanging Accessory Shelves
Whitmor 6283-300 Hanging Accessory Shelves
Price: $11.99
3 used & new from $10.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended - Good Quality, April 28, 2015
Well constructed. Looks nice. Good quality. If this is the exact size you want, this is the one to buy. You can put one pair of shoes per "shelf," if desired. This was perfect for what I needed.

KabelDirekt (15 feet) 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable - PRO Series
KabelDirekt (15 feet) 3.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable - PRO Series
Price: $10.99
2 used & new from $6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Stereo Patch Cable, April 28, 2015
If you need a 15-foot 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male patch cable, this one is a great choice. It appears very well constructed. I like that the cable is thin. The ends seem solid. Sound is clear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14