Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM
Profile for Matthew Decker Maurer > Reviews

Browse

Matthew Decker M...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 18

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew Decker Maurer "mightyhat" RSS Feed (Eau Claire, WI USA)

Page: 1 | 2
WIRED
WIRED
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't finish it., June 2, 2016
This review is from: WIRED (Kindle Edition)
The description made it sound like speculative fiction, but I see now that this book is a top seller in the "men's adventure" category. If you like westerns or military adventure books, you may love this. If you read complex sci-fi from authors like Ann Leckie, Paulo Bacigalupi, and Charles Stross, then this book will probably frustrate you.

Magic 2015
Magic 2015
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting ideas, poorly executed, August 12, 2014
This review is from: Magic 2015 (App)
This app did not indicate when I installed that it would require additional purchases to play for more than an hour. I have played previous versions, and found the controls to be more awkward than previous years. Fan-favorite play modes (like 2-headed giant) were removed.

There were two positive ideas in this version: the Android/iOS port and the option to do real deck construction from boosters. Neither of these ideas were well executed. The touchscreen controls were unclear, making it hard to tell if you had hit them. The "boosters" only contained 3 cards, making deck construction a joke.

MtG is the father of collectible card games, and WotC has been developing this title for years. When they needed to put out a real challenge to the AMAZING free-to-play Hearthstone online CCG from Blizzard, they dumped this junk instead. Deleting from my tablet...

Invicta Men's 15445 Pro Diver Black Dial Stainless Steel Watch
Invicta Men's 15445 Pro Diver Black Dial Stainless Steel Watch
Offered by Mostly Watches
Price: $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to the Invicta Pro Diver Collection, January 2, 2014
You may need to see this watch to believe it. This watch is beautiful and sturdy, was easy to adjust and set, and looks great on my arm. This watch features a gorgeous sapphire crystal face, is solidly constructed of brushed and polished stainless steel, and I have not been able to measure any gain or loss of time in the week I have been wearing it.

Invicta has really build a reputation for beautiful dive watches at very competitive prices. I challenge you to wear this to a store where you can compare it to Seiko, Citizen, and Casio dive watches that cost four or five times as much. My brother-in-law is a watch fiend and compared it favorably to the 15-year-old Bulova that he wears most days.

I have all pros and no cons for this watch, so far. I will return to update if my experience changes.

Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $12.99
34 used & new from $9.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Back for another, January 2, 2014
We just adopted two kittens into our household and are keeping them in a separate area of the house from the resident 19-year-old cat for the first month. That means a new litter box in another part of the house. I thought I would get by with a plastic scooper because the guys are so little, but can't stand using sub-standard scoop, so I ordered another DuraScoop.

This scoop is solid, sturdy, and easy to grip. The slots are wide enough for unused litter to flow through with a minimum of shaking, but narrow enough to hold on to clumps and chunks. The handle is long, sturdy, with metal extending all the way through, covered with an easy-to-clean rubber grip.

This is a great purchase and I would recommend it for all households that include cats.

Invicta Women's 14801 "Angel" Stainless Steel and Diamond Bracelet Watch
Invicta Women's 14801 "Angel" Stainless Steel and Diamond Bracelet Watch
Offered by DeluxeDeals
Price: $79.99
7 used & new from $74.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and Understated, December 27, 2013
I got this for Christmas and I love it. I had been looking for a watch with a little sparkle and Roman numerals - so this was the absolute perfect fit. For me it is the ideal watch. Can't say enough good things about it. I read on Wikipedia ([...] that the IIII on the watch face is traditional, and thought it was funky to have a more historically accurate timepiece. My only small issue with it is that it is kind of hard to take off. Other than that, it's exactly what I wanted.

Deep Cuts
Deep Cuts
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars b-sides and live tracks from the Vines, July 13, 2013
This review is from: Deep Cuts (MP3 Music)
This is a fun set of rare tracks for fans of the Vines. I believe that the tracks Ms. Jackson and the live version of Country Yard appeared on the Outtathaway EP and Drown the Baptists appeared on the Ride single.

Track 1: Ms. Jackson - a cover of the Outkast hit. Jangling acoustic guitar, piano, and octave-split vocals. Mellow and cool.
Track 2: Country Yard (live) - Ouch. I am guessing that it was selected for the rough energy, but really painful. The lead guitar may be a bit out of tune and I don't think Craig could hear his vocals well. His live style can get a bit sloppy, but the out-of-tune swoops never resolve and really make my teeth hurt.
Track 3: Drown the Baptists - A good example of the mellow side of the Vines from the Winning Days era. Simple and clean.
Track 4: Get Free (live) - My favorite track in this collection. A high-energy live rendition of the most well known Vines song. Growling guitar riffs, bass and drums in lock-step, clear lead and backing vocals. In comparison to the other live track in this collection, the vocals still swoop and scream, but Craig can clearly hear his monitor, so the swoops swing back to true.

My 3.5 stars would have been at least 4 with a different recording of Country Yard.

Duck Brand 281513 Justin Bieber Printed Duct Tape, 1.88 Inches x 10 Yards, Single Roll
Offered by GaneshGoods
Price: $9.99
18 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Leave it to Bieber, October 12, 2012
I needed to stand out among the other contractors on the worksite. This is the way I draw attention to my work. Everybody has the same tired old silver duct tape. Some guy wants to look hard, so he gets a roll of black duct tape. Whatever. When J-Beebs comes on the scene: Boom! Makes that black tape look pretty sad. With Shawty Mane holding your ducts, there's gonna be ZERO leaks. When the system starts pumping air around the system, you can hear a little tune humming at the air vents if you listen close.

Some fella puts a couple winds of the silver around a joint and in six weeks the cheap tape starts curling and flaking. I put one straight run of 'Lil Swaggy around that box and a hundred years from now it will look as fresh at the day I pulled it off the roll. The rest of the house is gonna fall down before JB lets loose.

They don't call him the Biebernator for nothing. Run a line of this around your perimeter fence line and the zombie apocalypse will be like a day in the park. No undead neighbors can get past the Biebtacular barrier. I predict that rolls of this will function as the primary form of currency after civilization collapses.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2015 11:17 AM PST

Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Price: $19.64
201 used & new from $0.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Making Bank in D3, June 14, 2012
I preordered from Blizzard, played within hours of the release, leveled to 60 in the first few days, and began farming Inferno. While not as complex as I had hoped, I find the game challenging and rewarding. I earn about a million gold every few hours of play. Real upgrade drops are extremely rare at this point, but my gear improves incrementally nearly every day through well-planned gear runs and careful Auction House shopping.

There are certainly some damage scaling issues, especially in multi-player Inferno games, but overall the game is much easier than the negative vocal minority makes it sound. I find it to be an entertaining pastime, and with the RMAH, it is a game that has already paid for itself.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 17, 2012 6:22 AM PST

Lipper International 826 Set of 6 Bamboo Kitchen Tools, in Mesh Bag
Lipper International 826 Set of 6 Bamboo Kitchen Tools, in Mesh Bag
Offered by BulkDeal
Price: $6.29
47 used & new from $4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my kitchen, March 22, 2011
I have been using this set for a few weeks now, and am absolutely impressed. This inexpensive set is nicely formed and cleanly finished. Besides the environmental benefits of using fast-growing bamboo instead of harvesting hardwoods for simple utensils, bamboo is much more forgiving of soaking or an occasional trip through the dishwasher that will destroy wooden spoons. The bamboo paddles that I have been using for years have outlasted wooden spoons and plastic spatulas. They are gentle enough to use on non-stick surfaces but more heat resistant than plastic/teflon.

If you did get a set with a few rough spots, just rub them against each other to burnish away any odd spots. Like an old leather jacket, my older bamboo paddles have slowly gained a nice patina over years of use. The handles are smooth from hours of use, and one has scorch marks from sitting on the edge of a pan on a high flame. That level of use has ruined more expensive tools. What's not to love?

Marc Ecko Men's E95016G7 Black Dial Bracelet Watch
Marc Ecko Men's E95016G7 Black Dial Bracelet Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Cool watch, product images misleading, February 25, 2011
My wife ordered this watch for me as a birthday gift, but when I opened it up, she looked shocked. "Oh my! Can we return this?"

In the short time I handled it before repackaging and beginning the Amazon return process, it seemed to be well constructed. The product images posted here made my wife think the watch was brushed steel with a black and white face. Actually, everything here is chrome metallic and polished to a blinding mirror-finish. One of the other reviews suggested that they ship a pair of sunglasses along with it so that you aren't blinded when checking the time.

This watch is also following the current trend in larger face sizes. At 35 millimeters across, this watch will look best on someone with moderately large hands and arms. I can imagine that this watch would draw favorable attention in clubs, but I am a smaller-than-average white boy working as a computer tech in a university library in the upper Midwest. If I wore this watch to work, I would probably leave a trail of retirement-aged librarians twitching on the ground in my wake.

The 3-star rating I am assigning is really a review of how understated the product images are. This watch is not understated at all. This may be the perfect watch if you are looking for: Bright, Flashy, Attention-grabbing, and Bold.

Page: 1 | 2