Profile for Jason Benning > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jason Benning RSS Feed (USA)

Rx - Episode 1: The Blackouts (Rx: A Tale of Electronegativity)
Rx - Episode 1: The Blackouts (Rx: A Tale of Electronegativity)

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute must-read, February 25, 2012
Even if sci-fi isn't your thing (and it isn't mine) you will love this book. Brockway is a very talented wordsmith and has created a world and characters that you really care about. If you are into books with well developed characters that are not stereotypes then you will love this. The humor you would expect from Brockway if you read him on Cracked is there but it isn't forced. The only annoying thing is that it is part one of three! Hurry Brockway! Write more!

Go @#$% Yourself! An Ungentlemanly Disagreement
Go @#$% Yourself! An Ungentlemanly Disagreement
by Filippo Argenti
Price: $13.45
19 used & new from $5.10

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Waste Your Time, July 3, 2011
I read the first few chapters of this book because I know the author writes great articles for one of my favorite websites. Then I read a few more chapters because I thought maybe this book would be so bad it would be funny, and I could laugh at how bad it was. About halfway through I gave up and skimmed the rest. This is nothing more than a rant. Now some people can do rants very well, make them insightful or funny, but not this writer. He rehashes obvious political points others have made much better a dozen times before him and adds nothing new to the conversation. You get the idea this is the sort of person who just likes the sound of his own voice. The writing is aggressive and angry, sometimes at the government, sometimes at the reader, sometimes just for the sake of being angry. The "F-word" is thrown around like a punchline to jokes that are not there. This book is not funny at all, and the comparisons to Lewis Black and The Daily Show made by the other reviewers are so off the mark it makes me wonder if they are friends of the author.

John Dies at the End
John Dies at the End
by David Wong
Price: $11.08
103 used & new from $4.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Creative, July 1, 2011
This review is from: John Dies at the End (Paperback)
I would love to know what goes on inside the messed up head of David Wong. This is a very creative story. While this is not a genre I usually read I recommend it to anyone looking for a tight, twisty and twisted, funny tale.

You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking but Utterly True Facts
You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking but Utterly True Facts
by Cracked.com
Price: $11.63
103 used & new from $1.87

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, July 1, 2011
If you love Cracked.com you will love this book. The only reason this is a 4 star instead of 5 star review is that the articles lose a little something without the hilarious pictures and captions they have on the website. The new art in the book is top notch though. I highly recommend this book.

Everything Is Going to Kill Everybody: The Terrifyingly Real Ways the World Wants You Dead
by Robert Brockway
Price: $10.60
62 used & new from $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious/terrifying read, April 15, 2010
As someone who was never afraid of the whole world just up and killing me (and everyone else), after reading this book I now have Robert Brockway to thank for my recent lifestyle changes: namely, crouched in a hastily made bunker in my backyard, surrounded by organic food, and absolutely NO ROBOTS. The worst part is that I'm still laughing. Brockway has somehow managed to write a book that has made me piss my pants from both laughter and terror.