Profile for Alfonso Llana > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 35

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Alfonso Llana RSS Feed (Colombia, SouthAmerica)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Albert Speer: Architecture 1932-1942
Albert Speer: Architecture 1932-1942
by Albert Speer
Price: $51.40
44 used & new from $39.98

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot help it, September 3, 2013
I have admired Albert Speer for many years. Perhaps I am a little old bastard that has to hide his personal troubles in evil figures like this nazi architect. Perhaps it is so. I leave it to you to think what you want.

This said, this book is fantastic. It is the kind of book that HAS to be printed on paper. No amount of digital wizardry will give you the pleasure to have such a beautiful volume in your hands.

And the content. I do not like the bilingual format but the written information is rich and the graphic stuff is fascinating. Albert Speer probably is burning in hell but he was a genius. This book only increased my admiration for him. I recommend this book without hesitation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 2:50 AM PDT

Dein KDF-Wagen
Dein KDF-Wagen
by Ray R. Cowdery
5 used & new from $31.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Just fantastic, March 2, 2012
This review is from: Dein KDF-Wagen (Paperback)
What can you say about the original brochure of the iconic VW beetle?

Well, just the title of this review.

A nazi ere propaganda? Of course. So what?

Even so it is a piece of history and-do not forget-VW is still with us.

Albert Speers Berlin - Die Vo√Ÿstra√Ÿe
Albert Speers Berlin - Die Vo√Ÿstra√Ÿe

5.0 out of 5 stars Holodeck, February 21, 2012
As a student of everything Albert Speer I certainly have had my share of books, essays and articles about him and his era. But this MAGNIFICENT DVD is like the materialization of everything I have read about. Even travelling to Berlin (which I have done) cannot communicate how it was for people through the years have taken care enough to erase to the last vestige of the old Berlin.
Perhaps because English is not my native language I find myself unable to give you an idea how good this DVD is but if you have an interest about the pre and nazi German architecture, this DVD will fulfill your wildest imaginations.

Blitz Rhino Ramp 8000
Blitz Rhino Ramp 8000

1.0 out of 5 stars After Reading All That Negative Reviews..., December 29, 2011
This review is from: Blitz Rhino Ramp 8000 (Misc.)
I decided to delete this product from my Wishlist. I was planning to use these with a BMW 335i i.e. a low car, but reading how these got wedged under a car, most likely damaging the side rocker panels, I was no longer in the mood to buy these not to mention the "projectile" issue. Thanks but no, thanks

I will get conventional metal ramps.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2013 3:22 PM PDT

Mind Meld - Secrets Behind the Voyage of a Lifetime
Mind Meld - Secrets Behind the Voyage of a Lifetime
DVD ~ William Shatner
14 used & new from $12.24

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a little late, don't you think?, January 30, 2011
Well, this is a 2001 product so what's the point in writing a review?

Because I love Star Trek, it influenced my life and I admire those characters. And most of all, because I just now discovered this DVD.

Being so I just want to say this DVD is excellent in technical quality and I enjoyed every minute of its content. Period.

With a Song In My Heart (from the 1952 film)/  Pal Joey  (with 1952 cast members)
With a Song In My Heart (from the 1952 film)/ Pal Joey (with 1952 cast members)
Offered by Springfield Collectibles
Price: $49.95
14 used & new from $25.85

5.0 out of 5 stars How much are joy and hapiness?, January 27, 2011
In this case, 10 bucks.

What a wonderful CD. I still have the original 33 1/3rpm disc that my mother bought so many years ago but it had become more a nostalgic thing than a useful recording. Now I get this fantastic new CD release. Sound quality is very good and the printed meterial reminences quite good the original long play. I enjoyed the music so much and it brought tears to my mother's eyes (now 81)

If for some reason (could be so many) you value this music of a bygone era (and I must say a bygone America) by all means buy this CD.

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection
The Twilight Zone: The Complete Definitive Collection
DVD ~ Burgess Meredith
Price: $188.83
5 used & new from $183.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than expected, January 6, 2011
Amazon should establish the 5+ or the 6 stars rating for products like this one.

I was not sure to post a review to add to 300-plus already here but, if it makes no good it makes no harm.

To talk about The Twilight Zone is a tiring and futile excersise. Everything than can be said have been said. So let's talk about the recordings, the Complete Definitive Collection.

In few words: absolutely fantastic. In fact, this can be THE definitive collection. What else can I ask?

PROS:

-terrific video and sound quality. I was really surprised. Excellent, trully.

-Very well organized. It is very easy to locate the episode you are looking for. I recommend to buy the book The Twilight Companion. Together they make quite a video journey.

-bonus material is interesting. Perhaps you could have more of it, but is exactly that: bonus

-high quality, one sided discs. 28 of them.

-accompany printed material. Nice and informative. Get the book, notwithstanding

CONS

-As of lately, very few DVD collections bring any type of subtitles, not even in English. This set is no exception. In my case, Spanish subtitles would have been be a great thing so more people at home could enjoy the show better

-disc boxes. Although a nice design that I guess wants to reduce the number of boxes for so many discs or, most likely, to use a box for each of the 5 seasons, they have the "problem" that some discs go on top of others...Yes, I thing that eventually they will get scratched

-master box. For such a nice collection, the master box, which is very nice printed should have been produced out of strong cardboard to have more a case than a box.

Review enough at last. If, for whatever the reason you like the Twiligt Zone, BUY this collection. You will ask yourself how you could be without it.

Cambridge Soundworks Radio I765 Blk with A/V Entertainment
Cambridge Soundworks Radio I765 Blk with A/V Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars I already had one, August 23, 2010
I had an i745 CS radio so basically I was well aware what to expect when I ordered this new i765. (and I got what I expected)

My main reason to buy it was that my old 745 was not iPhone capable (it reproduced the music but did not charged the battery). With the 765 I am perfectly happy: it works like a gem with my iPhone.

I've read some reviews that say that the 765 broke down after a while and that customer service was very bad. I had the 745 for several months and now this 765, without a single problem. (I knock on wood)

So to summarize:

-it is beautiful and looks terrific on your table top

-it sounds terrific, nice bass, clear trebbles

-you can use a nice remote but you can ALSO use a complete set of controls on the front side of the radio

-you have:

radio AM/FM
iPod/iPhone built-in dock that works perfectly
CD player
DVD player (need a TV set, of course)
Two alarms

Why do I not give the i765 the 5-star check?

Because:

-the power supply is not inside the radio like I had with the 745. Not big deal but certainly I do prefer the built-in design

-AM reception is really bad, not matter how much you play with the provided loop antenna. I do not use AM that much anyway but one would think that nowadays an AM radio is Electronics 101

Am I satisfied with the 765? YES

DVD ~ none
Price: $19.95
2 used & new from $17.51

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed every second of it, August 14, 2010
What an excellent product. Technical quality is flawless but much more important, the subject and the treatment of it is first class.

I remember when at school, studying history, we read about how victors in war since centuries ago destroyed everything related to their enemies. Unfortunately the same thing happened with the Third Reich. Thinking that the Nazi problem was in the hardware instead of the software (ideas on people's minds) the Allied Powers destroyed everything they could put their hands on. Just to mention:

-the New Chancellery building
-the Flak Towers
-The Berghof
-the submarines shelters
-Hitler Bunkers
-Spandau Prison

These were impressive, even beautiful engineering pieces but above all, they had a story to tell. A bad and terrible story, never to happen again, but a story nonetheless.

Thanks to this DVD I could see that some of these Nazi era buildings have survived the anti-Nazi hysteria and we still can learn history from them.

VERY, VERY nice product. I absolutely recommend it

With Hitler to the End: The Memoirs of Adolf Hitler's Valet
With Hitler to the End: The Memoirs of Adolf Hitler's Valet
by Heinz Linge
39 used & new from $9.00

4.0 out of 5 stars As of lately..., August 6, 2010
...I have read a lot of books by people close to Hitler. Hitler to the End offers two things that many of the others do not:

-many Füerer secrets i.e. the person to person perceptions of someone REALLY close to Hitler. Herr Linge opinions are not about political or military issues, in fact Linge says in many passages of the book that he was not present during this and that meeting or conversation, but he gives us a coffee table opinion of the very human Adolf Hitler. Shocking, is not it? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Hitler was human, very much, he was even a nice person according to the book and that precisely makes Hitler's evil behavior even the most frightening

-last but not least, Heinz Linge DOES NOT claim through pages and pages that he is full of remorse and that he loved Hitler then but now he (Linge) saw the light and rejects him. On the contrary. Linge seems to admire his Boss very much as a person, even 30 or so years after everything happened. I find that a very honest position. Hitler WAS charming and a very good boss with a simple mind as Herr Linge, why should Linge denied his admiration and appreciation?

In short, although this book is a far cry from other "profound" books about Hitler, is nonetheless very entertaining and informative.

As a book is very nice. A nice letter size, pictures, hardcover with dustjacket and a very comfortable size to hold.

Nice product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 10, 2013 6:47 AM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4