Profile for Madeleine B. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Madeleine B. RSS Feed (Avon, CO)

My Parents Open carry
My Parents Open carry
by Brian Jeffs
2 used & new from $100.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Open Carry, Shmopen Carry, August 9, 2014
This review is from: My Parents Open carry (Paperback)
I think I speak for the entire Concealed Weapons Coalition when I say we've had it up to here (gesturing with glock pointing to right temple, pretty sure it's not loaded) with the mamby pamby Open Carry Crowd and their
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 11, 2014 5:21 PM PDT

Large Vinyl Gender Neutral Asian
Large Vinyl Gender Neutral Asian
Offered by Wizard of Math
Price: $44.95
2 used & new from $43.17

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not meet my high expectations, January 6, 2014
Why not Extra Large Vinyl Gender Neutral Asian? Every day, when I look at my Large Vinyl Gender Neutral Asian, I feel bitter disappointment. B+
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 9:51 AM PDT

Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion, 6 Ounce
Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion, 6 Ounce
Price: $5.99
59 used & new from $2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars I Was Transported On A Chairlift, October 25, 2013
Second week at A-Basin, as my husband and I waited in line for the chairlift, an intoxicating smell kept wafting around us. I usually don't like perfumes and aftershaves (too many sons, too much Axe), but this was so "je ne sais quoi" it cast a spell. I tried to discreetly tilt my head towards its source to figure out where it was coming from, but could not. And then a handsome young snowboarder (dichotomy #1) asked to share our chair, and as luck would have it, it was he who smelled so divine (dichotomy #2). I honestly couldn't resist--I leaned into him and said, "Is that you who smells so, so good?" He smiled a confident smile. "What IS that?" I asked, sniffing around his shoulders and neck. My husband was too surprised by my behavior to be made uncomfortable by it, and had become interested in the answer as well.
"Are you married?" he asked the two of us.
"Yes!" we said.
"Then I'll tell you," he said. "Since your wearing it" (gesturing to my husband) "won't cramp my style. I like to keep my pool as big as possible." And then he told us: Clubman. "It's weird," he said. "I think my grandfather wore this aftershave, but every time I go out, women flock around me and can't get enough of it. Kind of like you just did there."
"I LOVE it!" I said.
"It's the PBR of aftershaves!" my husband laughed.
"Exactly," the handsome man with irresistible aromas emanating from his body said. "And it looks like you might be getting some in your Christmas stocking this year."
But as I sat there, leaning into him, sniffing his chest and left shoulder for the remainder of our time on the lift, something he'd said kept echoing through my brain:

"...every time I go out, women flock around me and can't get enough..."

I looked at my husband, sitting safely unmolested on my left. Then, I imagined him splashing a little Clubman on, hitting the slopes. I imagined dozens of cute Bettys coming out of the trees and bumps, crowding around him, sniffing his chest and shoulders, and oohing and ahhing about how good he smelled.

There will be no Clubman in my husband's stocking this year.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 10:57 PM PDT

Avery Durable View Binder with 2-Inch Slant Ring, Holds 8.5 x 11-Inch Paper, White, 1 Binder (17032)
Price: $5.99
56 used & new from $0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars Key word: EZ, October 18, 2012
The "durable view" feature is a nice plus--lets the owner keep track of things like who's aging better than whom, whose boobs are biggest, etc. So important when making those token hiring decisions!

BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk)
BIC Cristal For Her Ball Pen, 1.0mm, Black, 16ct (MSLP16-Blk)
Price: $10.14
2 used & new from $10.14

2,029 of 2,212 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying, August 27, 2012
I love the pretty colors and skinniness, but I'm only giving two stars because they're annoying. For one thing, they dot every "i" with a little heart. They also won't make periods at the ends of sentences; it's a question mark or exclamation point every time, also dotted with hearts--SUPER annoying. I went to okay a memo from my boss with the word "Fine" and it looked like I was coming on to him or something, which I wasn't. At ALL.

Secondly, they insert "like" and "um" randomly throughout whatever it is you're writing. I guess people still know what you mean but it takes up a lot of extra time and makes whatever you're saying sound dumb.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2013 2:26 PM PDT

Hgiyiyi (hgjhjh, hjhk)
Hgiyiyi (hgjhjh, hjhk)
by jjjj

3.0 out of 5 stars Cautionary tale in more ways than one, January 6, 2011
This review is from: Hgiyiyi (hgjhjh, hjhk) (Paperback)
Two things to know if you are going to write social satire:

1. Be clear about what you want to say
2. Be witty, so we know we are sharing this literary wink.

Otherwise, what happens is what happens in jjjj's Hgiyiyi (hgjhjh, hjhk). In short, an oblique theme presented in a way that leaves the reader uncertain, and ultimately unmoved.

Take, for example, the opening line of the book: "It was a flgg and xrixri night." Intentional irony, or just plain stupid? The next three paragraphs do nothing to edify one way or the other, and for the rest of the story we don't know exactly what we're supposed to hang our hat on. Also, the references to Jim Morrison's 1969 arrest, Larry Waters's illegal 1982 lawn-chair balloon ride, and qqqq's shocking 1991 xexexe are neither sly devices nor necessary place-setters; they just don't work.

Given jjjj's reputation as an "illuminator of human nature who cuts words like jewels," (vvvvv, in Spklklkl Weekly), I was expecting so much more. I noted that jjjj narrated and translated Hgiyiyi (hgjhjh, hjhk)--this is a perfect example of why an author should never attempt both.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 11, 2013 12:13 PM PST

Nova Dress
Nova Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Restores & Maintains Order Nicely., December 28, 2010
This review is from: Nova Dress (Toy)
Fabulous testing product! We're using it to help our two and a half year old with her short attention span.
As an amateur musician, I also appreciate the snappy conga drum solo it plays when you press the yellow button.

Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
4 used & new from $400.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Because Sissies "Avoid.", December 16, 2010
The Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable is perfect for anyone who is sick and tired of being pushed around by huge ships.

If you've ever left the harbor with butterflies in your stern drive, windlass all clenched up, hoping against hope that when a huge ship appears out of nowhere, you'll be able to remember what you're supposed to do to avoid it, this is the nautical phylactery for you. The Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable instantly vaporizes all huge ships (Panamax classification and up--WARNING: will not work on Aframax, Handymax or smaller!!!).

No contact with the huge ship is required, all you have to do is lift the high purity copper wire cable high over your head, point one of the rounded plug levers in the general direction of the huge ship, and emit a long steady howl of warning, followed by a primal shriek of vindication. The huge ship will first become kind of fuzzy around the edges, then quickly develop a wavy-ish patina, and finally just vanish into thin air. The whole process only takes about seven seconds. I have done this myself five times and am happy to report 100% success!

Some reviewers are critical of the high price of these Dedicated Link Cables. Yes, at $9,999.00 each, the Denon AKDL1 is admittedly an investment, but think of it this way: confidence, courage, not having to go without lunch because some huge ship took your $5.50--what price would you put on these?

Highly recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 10:32 AM PDT

How to Avoid Huge Ships
How to Avoid Huge Ships
by John W. Trimmer
27 used & new from $229.19

2,522 of 2,746 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Wake Up, Haters!, December 13, 2010
I'm a little annoyed with the sarcastic "reviewers" of this book. You all seem to think it's funny that some people would honestly like some expert advice on ways to avoid huge ships. What, you've never been traveling at a very, very slow speed straight toward something really, really big that you could see for miles and miles away, and wished you'd known what steps you could take to avoid crashing into it? Well, all I can say is "congratulations!" What's it like to be so perfect? You haters just keep on enjoying your huge-ship-collision-free little fantasies. I for one am going to buy this book and learn something, because I live in the real world, where huge ships and the dangers they present to people like me are actually a serious issue.
Comment Comments (17) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 2:28 PM PST