Profile for Indiana Opera Buff > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 64

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Indiana Opera Buff RSS Feed (Fort Wayne, IN United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Design Toscano GM1013 The Holy Spirit Replica Stained Glass Window
Design Toscano GM1013 The Holy Spirit Replica Stained Glass Window
Offered by Design Toscano
Price: $50.90
4 used & new from $45.99

5.0 out of 5 stars MORE BEAUTIFUL THAN THE PICTURE, December 17, 2014
I just purchased this stained glass wall hanging through the Catholic Company (I didn't realize that Amazon was selling it for substantially less until mine had already shipped). The picture on this website does not do it justice as the colors are deeper and richer than shown here. I have many beautiful things in my apartment, but this wall hanging literally outshines them all. I have mine hanging in the kitchen window since it is only 6.5" in diameter. (The Catholic Company also has a larger version). Nevertheless, the intensity of the colors, even on a cloudy day, makes it glow and appear somewhat larger than it really is. Exquisite is the best description I can give, and I am having difficulty keeping my eyes off of it!

Conair Home PR5200SR 5-Setting Handheld Showerhead, White and Grey
Conair Home PR5200SR 5-Setting Handheld Showerhead, White and Grey
Price: $25.19
4 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars MUCH IMPROVED, NOW EXCELLENT SHOWERHEAD, November 30, 2014
I originally purchased this showerhead in January 2008. It was a Pollenex then, and it still is now, despite this ad's saying it is Conair. It was Ok, but it had some faults. The spray wasn't quite strong enough. The showerhead did not want to rest in its hook and kept falling out and hitting the bottom of the tub. Eventually, this cracked the beginning of the hose, the showerhead popped off, and I had to finish a shower with just the intense spray of the hose. It sprayed all over the bathroom, including the ceiling and floor. And because the floor was wet, I slipped on the floor and hurt my head. But, I replaced the showerhead and just had my first shower using it. The first thing I noticed was that the hose was not as long. At first I thought this was a bad thing, but then I realized it was no longer hitting the bottom of the tub. It was long enough to do my shower, but not long enough to break prematurely again. I also noticed that the new showerhead had a somewhat stronger spray, which was welcome. And then when I put the showerhead back on its hook, I saw that it now fit snugly and was not going to fall out, hit the floor, and crack open again. And even if it did fall out, the hose was no longer long enough for it to hit the bottom of the tub. I will add, though, that if you are looking for a really hard spray, this is not it. This would pass water conservation specifications.

Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter, 1 splitter
Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter, 1 splitter
Offered by GroupMedShop
Price: $5.54
13 used & new from $3.67

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST PILL SPLITTER EVER, November 24, 2014
I have to split a lot of pills. It is of primary importance that the halves are equal. I have several pill splitters. My favorite for years was the Apex Ultra. But I just tried the Apex Deluxe and found that the two halves of the split pills were deplorably uneven. The splitter is difficult to open and close and the pills don't fit well. If you want the halves to be very unequal, this is the pill splitter for you. BTW, I just tried a pill splitter from Meijers (of all places) and it is giving me the most even halves I've seen yet. Sometimes I think that getting a good pill splitter is like playing Las Vegas. And the Apex Deluxe Pill Splitter is not a winner! Perhaps I just got a bad one, but then we have a quality control problem.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2014 11:26 AM PST

Champion Max Fleece Pants, OXFORD GRAY, Large
Champion Max Fleece Pants, OXFORD GRAY, Large
Offered by GotApparel
Price: $23.99
20 used & new from $13.76

3.0 out of 5 stars VERY LONG, October 29, 2014
Based on earlier reviews, I ordered a large, rather than the extra-large I've been forced to buy from the new Fruit of the Loom. The large was OK around the waist, definitely not too big, could be a little bigger. The rise is too low for my taste, and the worst problem is that they are incredibly long. I am 5'8" tall and they could be shortened about 4 inches. Has the average height become 6 ft. 2? Short guys might want to reconsider. If I had bought an extra-large I would have had to send them back.

Fruit of the Loom Best Collection™ Men's Fleece Elastic Bottom Pant X-Large Heather Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars REDESIGNED--NOW ONLY FOR VERY TALL, VERY SKINNY GUYS, October 20, 2014
I have worn a LARGE in these for years. I have several pairs of the old style, which have been washed many times and still fit perfectly. But they have totally redesigned the pattern. Of the new style, I am now wearing an EXTRA-LARGE, and they have a huge, heavy, wide, binding waistband. They are also too tight in the crotch, which doesn't give enough room for your junk, especially when sitting. And they are so long that they are dragging on the floor, despite the elastic cuff! A total disaster.

Crest 3D White Whitestrips with Advanced Seal Technology, 14 Count (Packaging May Vary)
Price: $28.50
45 used & new from $20.70

2.0 out of 5 stars ONLY DOES HALF A JOB, October 15, 2014
This whitens as well as the others, I suppose, but the piece that you put on your bottom row of teeth is much smaller than usual. You cannot whiten all your front teeth with it. Unless you don't mind not whitening your bicuspids, I would buy something else.

Beethoven: Piano Concertos Nos. 3 & 4
Beethoven: Piano Concertos Nos. 3 & 4
Price: $6.49
33 used & new from $2.37

3.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT PIANO PLAYING RUINED BY OVERLY RICH ACOUSTICS, September 14, 2014
I first heard Bronfman play the Beethoven 3rd with the MSO over the radio several years ago in a live performance. The playing was better than I have ever heard before or since. I'm sure he is playing these concerti just as well, but the recordings are practically ruined by overly rich or "wet" acoustics. Everything sounds slightly muddy--the orchestra, the piano, everything. It sounds like he is using the pedal even when I'm sure he is not. I have listened to all five Beethoven concerti in this set and they all sound the same. What a pity to record all the Beethoven concerti at the height of your powers and have them be ruined by poor acoustics! Those acoustics would have been excellent for an opera recording, but not for a piano concerto.

Ambimed Inject- Ease
Ambimed Inject- Ease
Offered by E SHOPPE
Price: $26.99
8 used & new from $20.89

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY SANE WAY TO TAKE SUBCUTANEOUS INJECTIONS, August 23, 2014
This review is from: Ambimed Inject- Ease
I've been using this product for 15 years. I've never taken insulin shots; I used it to take growth hormone, then chorionic gonadotropin, and now I use it to take daily testosterone cypionate injections. I have only been able to stab myself without it once, and I've never had enough nerve to do it again. I would always stop short. This instrument of mercy injects the needle at exactly the right speed and pressure, and you never have to look at it. Injections with this gadget are virtually painless. This product was previously made by BD (Becton-Dickinson) but they have stopped making it. I am glad to see that it is still available, only being made by a different company. It will not adjust to ALL syringes as previously reviewed. Only insulin-sized syringes will fit. It will handle those for .3, .5, and 1 ml. Syringes that are too large in diameter or too long will not fit. Needles that are over 1/2" long will not fit. For chorionic gonadotropin, I used a 31-gauge, 1 ml insulin syringe with either a 1/2" or 3/8" needle. For testosterone cypionate, you need a 27-gauge, .5 ml (1/2 cc) syringe with a 1/2" needle. (You may need to special order this.) There is no need to load up the very thick testosterone in a larger syringe and switch needles and stab yourself. You can use the 27-gauge needle for loading as well as injecting, it just takes some time. It takes exactly 30 seconds to load .2 ml of testosterone into this syringe. It does take some pressure to push the plunger, but it would not be too difficult for men, and women don't take testosterone shots.

Logitech Keyboard K120
Logitech Keyboard K120
Offered by HALF TIME
Price: $13.59
87 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT KEYBOARD, July 11, 2014
I recently purchased the HP (Classic Keyboard) and it was a disaster. The touch was shallow and hard and noisy, and I kept making all sorts of typos. After a month of struggling, I gave up and ordered the Logitech K120. I installed it today. What a difference! The touch is soft and quiet. Great for a former professional typist, like me. And the installation was a breeze. All I had to do was unplug the old keyboard and plug in the new keyboard, and the computer gave me a message saying it was installed! No programming, no registration forms. I don't have much space on my little computer table, and this keyboard fits nicely. So all you people who have been looking under every rock for a new keyboard can stop looking now.

Hitech-Replacement HHR-P107 Battery for Panasonic Cordless Phone KX-TG6021M / KX-TG6022B
Offered by MYBATTERYSUPPLIER
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $6.20

1.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP KNOCKOFF, June 28, 2014
I received this battery and charged it for the full 16 hours requested. I was amazed at how quickly it lost its charge, faster than my 6-year old original battery. Don't waste your money on this; buy one of the original Panasonic batteries on sale through Amazon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7