Profile for B. J. Drwenski > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 13

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

B. J. Drwenski RSS Feed (Great Falls, Montana United States)

Page: 1 | 2
You Can Run, But You Can't Hide
You Can Run, But You Can't Hide
by Duane Chapman
Price: $25.95
327 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Dog is the real deal....., August 27, 2007
I fell in love with Dog,Beth and the entire Chapman Clan since the beginning of his show.After reading the book it only reinforced that devotion.Duane "Dog" Chapman is very candid in this book and quite honestly it read fast,never a dull moment.

Cool Creatures, Hot Planet: Exploring the Seven Continents
Cool Creatures, Hot Planet: Exploring the Seven Continents
by Marty Essen
Price: $17.96
69 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining,informative and vicariously enjoyable!, June 30, 2007
What an enjoyable read,Cool Creatures,hot planet should be required reading in high school.At times it was laugh out loud and always thought provoking.If I was forced to pick a favorite adventure it would be the Canada trip and the night with the wolves howling. It gives me goose bumps just thinking about it.Marty and Deb remind us that this beautiful planet we are sharing, needs all of us to participate in its care if it is to survive for the next generations to come.

Highwaymen Live! (Region 2)
Highwaymen Live! (Region 2)
DVD ~ Highwaymen
Price: $12.98
25 used & new from $4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally it is out on DVD, July 9, 2006
This review is from: Highwaymen Live! (Region 2) (DVD)
Like T. Cordonnier said in his review I too have this in VHS format and have been waiting for years in hopes they would market it in DVD format!These 4 fella's are all legends individually as well as collectively.It is somewhat rare that artists successful in and of themselves can team up together and not only be successful but humble as well. I love The Highwaymen and since the passing of Waylon and John ended any future collaboration it makes everything they have done together that more special!

The Prisoner of Second Avenue
The Prisoner of Second Avenue
DVD ~ Jack Lemmon
Offered by Solo Enterprises
Price: $49.99
27 used & new from $13.87

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best comedies ever., July 9, 2006
I have watched this movie at least 25 times and it is still laugh out loud enjoyable as well emotionally touching.The comedic timing between Anne Bancroft and Jack Lemmon is unsurpassed by any other actors.You won't be disappointed watching this.

LightWedge Paperback LED Booklight
LightWedge Paperback LED Booklight

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightwedge is Great!, June 10, 2006
I have had and used the lightwedge for about 5 years now and I love it.Being a bibliophile that enjoys reading in bed at night without disturbing my partner this is the perfect Booklight. I have tried every book light on the market and the Lightwedge is far superior to all others.My only regret is I didn't have one of these when I was a kid trying to read at night with a flashlight.The Lightwedge illuminates the entire page at once,not like other lights that have bright and dim spots.Plus ...when you find yourself getting sleepy just close the book on it and it makes the perfect bookmark.

Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix
Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix
by Charles R. Cross
Price: $24.95
87 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Jimi Hendrix was decades ahead of his time., May 30, 2006
Charles Cross does a wonderful job of capturing the complex life of Jimi Hendrix.After reading his book I come away with one thought that kept nagging at me and that was that Jimi Hendrix was decades ahead of his time.Anyone curious about the inner workings of Rock stars and all the touring that ends up draining their energy will not be disappointed in this book.One of the most profound things I have ever read occurs On page 225 where Jimi is quoted as saying one time..."When the power of love overcomes the love of power...the world will know peace."

There are no boring sections in this book....quite the contrary as I found myself resentful of anything or anyone that got in the way of my reading time.I highly recommend this book to those like me who came of age in that wonderful time of the 60's and also to those younger who want to gain some insight into what makes a Rock n roll legend like Jimi Hendriks tick and whose life was snuffed out way too soon.

Crow Jane Alley
Crow Jane Alley
Price: $13.95
27 used & new from $4.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great CD!, January 22, 2006
This review is from: Crow Jane Alley (Audio CD)
If you are a fan of Willy Deville you will not be disappointed with this CD.If I was forced to pick a favorite song on this CD it would be,"Crow Jane Alley".I think I stumbled onto what it is that is so darn wonderful about this amazing artist and that is this: When Willy sings he is wholly present in the moment of that song.I think that is why the listener feels as if he is singing directly to you.

Live
Live
5 used & new from $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 19, 2006
This review is from: Live (Audio CD)
Willy Deville always gives it is all...and this CD is no exception.Every song is pure enjoyment.My favorite song is Heaven Stood Still,his voice is simply mesmerizing.I am slowly working my way down the list of his CD's and plan to buy them all,Willy never dissapoints.The man is sheer genus in his songwriting......

Live in Berlin
Live in Berlin
12 used & new from $10.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, January 5, 2006
This review is from: Live in Berlin (Audio CD)
I cannot remember when I have been so captivated by the raw emotion expressed when Willy sings.He lives each song .....I am new to the Willy Deville fan club but am adding to my cd collection as quickly as my budget allows.

To me his voice sounds like a cross between Joe Cocker amd Bill Medley with a sprinkle of Louis Armstrong thrown in,yet at the same time uniquely his own style.One cannot pigeonhole him to one specific style,at times it is the Blues,,,,then Rock but...always fabulous.When you listen to Willy sing you feel as if he is singing to you and you alone.This double CD compilation is a must for all Willy Deville fans.

Waylon Jennings - America - DVD
Waylon Jennings - America - DVD
DVD ~ Waylon Jennings
Price: $9.98
36 used & new from $1.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, April 26, 2004
If you are a true Waylon fan you will enjoy this DVD..however short it is you still come away with a feeling of satisfaction of extracting a bit more knowledge of what made this man tick,where he drew from for his songs and the love he felt for Jessie is "oh so obvious." I never get enough of Waylon and this treasure just adds to my collection.My one regret in life is Waylon will never know the hearts he continues to touch.

Page: 1 | 2