Profile for Musical Salt > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 11

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Musical Salt "Salty" RSS Feed (Atlanta, Ga.)

Page: 1 | 2
Be Good
Be Good
Price: $11.88
53 used & new from $5.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Whew!!, March 23, 2012
This review is from: Be Good (Audio CD)
I'm almost speechless. So unbelievably good. It's like he went back and got some old jazz and made it better. It doesn't seem like something new, just better.

I Know About Love
I Know About Love
Price: $8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Smokin', March 23, 2012
This review is from: I Know About Love (MP3 Music)
I'm a loyal Dave McMurray fan and I think this may be his breakout album. It's timely and it's just good jazz. I would like to see Dave in concert because he plays with such passion I'm sure it would translate well in a live setting. Like to see him do one of the East Coast festivals like Newport, Berks or Rehoboth Beach. Name recognition is the big issue here but, trust me, this guy's a great jazz musician. The album is loaded with guest artists and diverse songs and even with the likes of Marcus Miller, George Duke, Kem, Dave is the star. "Get it", is all I can say and you won't regret it.

Roll On
Roll On
6 used & new from $37.98

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best Jazz Groups Live or in the Studio, January 3, 2010
This review is from: Roll On (Audio CD)
They are as good live as they are in the studio but each new project sounds better than the one before. Can't wait to see them do this material live.

Babysoul
Babysoul
Price: $11.99
60 used & new from $2.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, August 25, 2007
This review is from: Babysoul (Audio CD)
The more I hear it, the more I like it. Check out "In Love Again" then "Stay With Me Tonight" then of course "Babysoul". Those just happen to be my favorites but there's really not a bad song on the CD. Smooth jazz radio will do this CD no justice. It may be next year before they discover the really good songs on it. Do yourself a favor and get your own copy. Never heard of this guy before but if he can continue to put out music like this he'll be around for a while. Nice job!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Against The Odds, August 25, 2007
Ok, so I bought this blender even though I read the previous review and didn't get a warm and fuzzy. I was tired of watching my old Oster bounce around on my counter in the morning trying to handle the fresh fruit smoothies I have come to depend on as a substitute for coffee. First I went out and purchased a brand new Kitchen-Aide and on my way out the door a guy told me how great his Vita-mix was. He said he'd had it for seven years and it never missed a beat. Seven years seemed like a good deal to me but I figured I'd save myself the extra $250.00 and try out the Kitchen-Aide. The first time I used it, it bounced around my counter much like my old Oster and I immediately took it back. I came home and went on line and ordered a new Vita-Mix. This thing is fantastic! If you've been using a standard home-version blender this will blow you away. It's about as sturdy as they come. No frills, just a liquefying monster. I haven't had it in high speed yet and I have been able to liquefy everything. A little noisy but it's heavy rotating machinery. Because the base is so heavy and solid it's actually quieter than both my previous machines but it's running about 200 MPH. If all you want to do is mix some items together occasionally this is probably more blender than you need but if you're an everyday user like me, it's well worth the investment. More comments to follow in seven years.

Dreaming Wide Awake
Dreaming Wide Awake
Price: $8.99
107 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the categories, just buy it!, July 1, 2005
This review is from: Dreaming Wide Awake (Audio CD)
Incredible! Every now and then I find a CD so impressively good, or bad that I feel I need to write something about it (mainly because it's rare these days that I find a CD that's complete one way or the other). This might be one of the most adventurous projects of any recent jazz vocalist I've heard. Nora Jones only wishes she had this type of raw talent and musical soul. If you listen carefully you might hear similarities to Lalah Hathaway, Oleta Adams, Tracy Chapman, even Joni Mitchell but Lizz Wright has her own rich, clean sound. She's not afraid to tackle any genre from jazz to folk rock and make it sound better than the original. This CD doesn't fit into any one category except brilliant. I think we do her an injustice by marketing it as jazz because it's so much more. If you liked "Salt", you'll love "Dreaming Wide Awake".

Places And Spaces
Places And Spaces
Price: $8.19
83 used & new from $2.77

5.0 out of 5 stars The Standard, September 15, 2001
This review is from: Places And Spaces (Audio CD)
This is a great CD. There are not many that can match it. Every song is a winner. When you can't figure out which one is your favorite, it's a great CD. Of course "Change" has to come to mind but there's a time and mood for every song on the album. My all time favorite CD.

Everybody Loves The Sunshine
Everybody Loves The Sunshine
Price: $7.99
74 used & new from $1.46

5.0 out of 5 stars What Can I Say?, September 15, 2001
This is a classic. Every time I hear it I think about the old days. It was ahead of its time and it still is.

Strut
Strut
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $12.56
46 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Out Of Nowhere, September 15, 2001
This review is from: Strut (Audio CD)
This CD blew me away. I took a chance on an Amazon recommendation and it was a good one. This is a great CD. Lots of vesatility. He has several different styles. I never heard of Kevin Toney but now I'll be looking for him.

Voodoo [Explicit]
Voodoo [Explicit]
Price: $10.99
84 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, Very Disappointed!, May 10, 2001
This review is from: Voodoo [Explicit] (Audio CD)
This is probably the worst performance by a great singer I've ever heard. Pure garbage. Screaming, poor songs and just bad taste in music. Owning this CD is like watching Marvin Gaye singing a bunch of Twisted Sister songs and trying to pass that off as R&B. D'Angelo is a great talent. He has style and a singing range that not many can touch but boy does he have bad taste and bad advisors. If what you liked was the cover then buy a poster because the noise inside is definitely not music and it's hard for me to believe it's the best he can do. This is the cocky sophomore project that says to the fan, "I already know I'm all that". It's the undercover middle finger to America but unlike M&M, D'Angelo tried to fool us. I've seen this guy doing a live performance (with his clothes on) and he's a great performer. "D" you didn't completely lose me but you made me cautious. Before I buy another CD from him I'll be sitting at the listening booth making sure it's something I want to take home with me. If you really want this CD, I'll give it to you........It's that bad.

Page: 1 | 2