Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for MISTER SJEM > Reviews

Browse

MISTER SJEM's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1135

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MISTER SJEM "sonofhotpie" RSS Feed (CALIF BAY AREA United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Book 3
Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man Ultimate Collection Book 3
by Marvel Comics
Price: $23.32
65 used & new from $15.89

4.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: B., June 12, 2016
There's a lot going on in this installment. Perhaps too much.

Miles deals with a number of obstacles. I can't discuss most of them as they are spoiler but dare I go out on a limb with clones?

Great artwork as usual. I think I like Miles and his supporting cast more than those of Peter Parker but just by a bit.

Kobolds Ate My Baby in Colour
Kobolds Ate My Baby in Colour
by Chris O'Neill
Price: $23.00
38 used & new from $14.04

4.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: B., May 22, 2016
A parody on fantasy gaming in which you play one of the weakest monster groups and try to survive amidst the many ways you can be horribly killed. The smarter you play the more you are likely to die as kobolds should be reckless and think they are unstoppable.

Every time you do something dangerous you get a check to your character sheet which increases the chances you will die from some random yet amusing result.

People playing this rarely start and end with the same character.

This seems great for one evening but I'm not sure how it would work in a longer run.

Crimson Shore
Crimson Shore
Offered by Audible, Inc. (US)

4.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: B to B plus., May 21, 2016
A mostly retired Pendergast agrees to explore a mystery set in a small New England town with haunted folklore tales. Constance is along with him and gets several chapters of her own. Big surprise at the end . . . or maybe it isn't a surprise to some.

I read this one out of order so I am going to presume I missed some things (I am on book 6 but figured I would never get up to this installment since I am reading so many other things) so it feels like a three star experience close to four star . . . so I am giving it 4 stars based on the current Pendergast items I have enjoyed reading.

This audio version was well done. Rene Auberjonois, who I know mostly from Boston Legal TV series, did a good job with all of the personalities.

Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift (The New 52)
Batman Vol. 6: Graveyard Shift (The New 52)
by James Tynion IV
Price: $16.48
93 used & new from $8.62

4.0 out of 5 stars MY GRADE: B to B plus., May 21, 2016
A lot of Batman tales from beginnings up to the Batman Eternal run. I liked the Arkham Asylum the most as it introduced people actually working there who were not necessarily security guards nor high profile doctors.

Great artwork as usual.

Earth 2 World's End Vol. 2 (New 52)
Earth 2 World's End Vol. 2 (New 52)
by Daniel Wilson
Price: $16.15
59 used & new from $12.01

4.0 out of 5 stars MY GRADE: B to B plus (another reluctant four stars for pushing the boundaries), May 21, 2016
In this continuing Dystopian world Earth (or Earth 2 for the fans in the know) is under great peril.

Superheroes are familiar yet different. I love that the authors are willing to build these characters up and then kill them off.

Artwork was generally really good but the story plotting was hit or miss at times and unusually moving in other portions.

Batman Eternal Vol. 3 (The New 52)
Batman Eternal Vol. 3 (The New 52)
by James Tynion IV
Price: $24.38
73 used & new from $18.63

4.0 out of 5 stars MY GRADE: B to B plus (a reluctant four star), May 20, 2016
It's flawed in some places . . . considerably flawed but then it's brilliant in other parts. The art is usually bright and powerful. There are a host of villains, known and unknown, and there are arguably too many subplots and loose ends.

Rumor has it that Snyder isn't fully responsible for this one which wouldn't surprise me as he has tighter plotting in his stories.

Wilderness War
Wilderness War
Offered by AMA INC
Price: $45.12
9 used & new from $33.46

3.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: B minus., April 30, 2016
This review is from: Wilderness War (Toy)
I am on the fence with this one even though some of my wargaming friends love it.

The few times I learned to play the game it seemed the rules were not always clear and the basic strategies were mundane after a time. However, I haven't given it a fair shake yet so I will have to say more when I play it a few more times.

So until then . . .

Black Canary/Oracle/ Huntress: Birds of Prey
Black Canary/Oracle/ Huntress: Birds of Prey
by Chuck Dixon
37 used & new from $8.37

3.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: C plus to B minus., April 30, 2016
Pre-52 Barbara Gordon . . . Lois Lane with red hair . . . Superman with long hair . . . Black Canary with no powers and something of James Bond type of character.

Dialogue was lazy at times and the artwork varied in quality.

The Magicians: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)
The Magicians: A Novel (Magicians Trilogy)
by Lev Grossman
Edition: Audio CD
23 used & new from $19.98

2.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: C minus., April 28, 2016
This was sold to me as Harry Potter for adults. It didn't keep much. The characters were mostly not interesting to me and the tale did not draw me in so I gave up after the second CD.

Batgirl Vol. 5: Deadline (The New 52)
Batgirl Vol. 5: Deadline (The New 52)
by Simone, Gail
Price: $15.03
59 used & new from $9.05

4.0 out of 5 stars OVERALL GRADE: B minus., April 28, 2016
Female super heroes versus a lot of female villains. Some of the tales are good and others are off, especially the one at the very end with the weird artwork.

Beautiful artwork. Gail Simone hits the female personality well.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20