Profile for R. Quitasol > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 43

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Quitasol RSS Feed (Honolulu, HI)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
LG Electronics Tone Ultra (HBS-800) Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by iDeal Xpert
Price: $83.99
72 used & new from $62.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Significant improvements, changes to parts that didn't need fixing, March 22, 2014
I owned the Tone+ for less than a month until I sent it back for replacement because it seemed buggy with my iPhone 5 and then again when the buggyness didn't quit with the replacement.

The Tone Ultra...the most obvious and the most remarkable change was the sound. It was much clearer, better separation between the highs mids and lows. The highs were clearer, but not necessarily more crisper. The mids was just right, and the lows...oh the lows had a wonderful fullness and depth which is accentuated when the bass boost is activated, all without distortion. As with the Tone+, I wish it would go louder, which was no problem with the original incarnation of the Tone (HBS-700).

The other remarkable change is the connection indicator light. The old versions was a big bright blue pulsating light which could be seen by anyone from great distances. It was a homing beacon. Now it's much smaller and positioned facing the neck so it isn't so terribly obvious.

The noise cancellation feature is great, but doesn't provide full isolation. It helps a bit, but doesn't shut out the big goings on around you.

Since I have a big neck (19 inches), I still have the problem of the unit rotating around my neck after wearing it a while. It doesn't seem to stay put, which seems to be better with the older models.

The controls, namely the volume and track controls, I wish wasn't changed at all. I seem to fumble more trying to adjust the controls which are now smaller and placed on the outside edge on each side of the unit. It was far more better when it was on the top and big enough to let your fingers know what you are about to press.

The battery life is excellent. I got about 11 hours, music almost constantly playing from my iPhone until I got the voice notification that the battery was low and I needed to charge it. I should also mention that the noise cancellation feature was off the whole time, and I'm not sure how long the battery life is with the feature turned on.

The improvements are a mixed bag, but I'm not overly disappointed with the changes I felt were for the worse.

Veronica Mars [HD]
Veronica Mars [HD]
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah! Good Times!, March 22, 2014
Just like the good ol' days. The movie didn't disappoint. It was like watching a new episode. Still haven't got over the reason why the CW cancelled the series and decided to insert the superficial and self-serving antics of shows like 90210 and Gossip Girl. Hoping they revive the series.

Man of Steel
Man of Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but needed more, December 17, 2013
I thought the story was a bit too thin. The special effects were great, but I was getting a little tired of the movie being spoken a lot in monotone. Excuse the pun, but I thought the movie needed a bit more comic relief, considering the length of this movie. I'm sure a lot of people will be in an uproar by me saying that, considering that's not how it is in the comic book, but a comic book runs several pages. Man of Steel runs almost 2 and a half hours.

The Wolverine
The Wolverine

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome story!, December 17, 2013
I'm not gonna go researching to find out where the story came from. All I know is that it had the makings of a great comic book adventure movie. Edgy and dark nemeses, awesome special effects, and the best stunt scenes! I plan on getting the Blu Ray for this one.

Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season [HD]
Supernatural: The Complete Ninth Season [HD]
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Darker and Darker, December 17, 2013
This series gets better and better. Had to play catch up a little bit. Thank goodness for Amazon streaming!! I needed a few episodes because the CW no longer had them. Thanks Amazon.

Matte Top Coat Nail Polish, MatteAstrophe - Clear Top Coat
Matte Top Coat Nail Polish, MatteAstrophe - Clear Top Coat
Offered by ManGlaze INK.
Price: $13.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Best clear matte ever!, December 9, 2013
This top coat applies easy, dries fast, clear, and super matte! It's better than China Glaze. Definitely getting another one when I run out

Matte Nail Polish, Royal Matterimoaning - Sapphire Blue
Matte Nail Polish, Royal Matterimoaning - Sapphire Blue
Offered by ManGlaze INK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome shade of blue., December 9, 2013
The finish is matte, but has matte shimmers that keep the color from being boringly flat and gives the nails some dimension. Customer service was super-super excellent! Love those guys!

Skinomi® TechSkin - Microsoft Surface 2 Screen Protector + Carbon Fiber Silver Full Body Skin Protector / Front & Back Premium HD Clear Film / Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti Bubble Crystal Shield with Free Lifetime Replacement Warranty - Retail Packaging
Offered by Skinomi
Price: $29.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy installation., December 9, 2013
The screen protector was very easy to apply and install and the visibility was crystal clear and I was left with only a couple of tiny bubbles. It was so easy I felt like I should've been a technician for a window tinting service! I've used other products in the past, and this was easier to install compared to the Zagg film I used at one time. I chose the carbon fiber shield guards for the body and installing those parts were super easy and the fit was excellent. The price is great for a far more superior product compared to Zagg. I'm keeping Skinomi in mind when I need a protector for my electronics in the future.

The OontZ with Lime Green Grille by Cambridge SoundWorks - Top Rated Bluetooth Speaker

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid choice for the price., December 9, 2013
I love the features that come with this product. For the price comes decent sound, but I wouldn't call it audiophile quality. Bass is present, but comes out a little flat. The mids and highs are strong and warm, though not all clear. The bluetooth signal doesn't fail, even when my phone/computer was 20 feet away and on the other side of a closed door. The controls can be confusing if you're trying to feel the right button to push. Instead of answering a call like I wanted to, I ended up making the volume louder on the speaker. It might've been better if the surrounding button controls were more raised than the center button to make it easier to tell what I was trying to do without looking.

I returned mine because the unit in used condition I bought was defective. For the price, however, you can't go wrong with this. There are different brands out there that will satisfy the audiophile a lot more. I ended up cashing in all my pennies and bought the Bose SoundLink Mini and my ears are much happier with the sound quality.

Brand New Everpower Slim USB 2.0 External Blu-Ray BURNER / CD/DVD-RW Burner Drive - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Works great, dependable, August 12, 2013
For some years now, I wanted an external blu ray drive for my computer, mainly to rip my blu ray discs to my computer to transfer it to my tablet. The the big problem is the big price. It almost seems you're purchasing a standalone blu ray player for your HDTV.

I didn't do much research into what drives would suit my needs. Basically I was looking for the best priced burner. This BD burner is the best price out there. Not the fastest, but certainly not the slowest, and it plays your blu ray movies without any buffering problems. It has a simple and slim profile, so it doesn't create a big footprint on your work area. You could probably stand it on its side if you had a bracket for it.

The innards came with a Matsushita drive. I'm not sure if it would be just as durable as a Panasonic one.

This is a 4x drive. I've been able to rip a BD disc anywhere between 1/2 and hour and 90 minutes, depending on the software I use. It barely gets warm, runs super cooler than my integrated DVD burner on my computer. I haven't burned anything yet to disc, so I can't comment on that.

The big worry I had was some reviewers received their drives either DOA or with glitchy problems. I have no problems whatsoever.

For the price, I'm super glad I found this. Suits my needs with reasonable satisfaction. I had free Super Saver Shipping with this, so overall this came out to be a great value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5