Profile for Shawn Combs > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 14

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Shawn Combs "Shawn Combs" RSS Feed (Mount Vernon, OH)

Page: 1 | 2
Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25 3 MOA Red Dot Reticle Riflescope, 1x25mm (Matte)
Bushnell Trophy Red Dot TRS-25 3 MOA Red Dot Reticle Riflescope, 1x25mm (Matte)
Offered by Tiger Outfitters
Price: $96.49
169 used & new from $51.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot say enough about the TRS-25, May 6, 2013
I am a full time police officer and love to be frugal. That being said I have a real need for a reflex red dot sight that is very reliable, must work every time it is turned on. Also, needs to hold a perfect zero for round placement/ accountability. Now for the frugal part....EOTech and Aimpoints are FANTASTIC (if you want to spend hundreds on a sight). I did not so I began doing a lot of research and studying on inexpensive alternatives. Ultimately, I came to the Bushnell TRS-25 and LOVE IT! Have been carrying it on duty and qualifying with the sight for about a year and am extremely pleased with the product. Hold a zero and has a very sturdy design. I deploy my rifle quite a bit on my third shift beat and have had only one hiccup. One night at about 0100, about 40 degrees out, I noticed the red dot not to be as crisp as usual. one side was bleary like a burst out from the dot. Still operable but concerning.... However, later that day I turned it on and the dot was just as it should be: nice and precise.

Overall I would recommend this sight to any L.E. officer or anyone who loves shooting and has a budget.

Bulldog Cases Economy Black Scoped Rifle Case with Black Trim (40-Inch)
Bulldog Cases Economy Black Scoped Rifle Case with Black Trim (40-Inch)
Price: $15.48
33 used & new from $11.10

3.0 out of 5 stars Simple and useful, May 6, 2013
Good case. Use it to transport my duty carbine to and from work. Just barely fits in the case with my light and red dot attached....could use just a bit more space but for the price you cannot beat it.

UTG Low Profile Riser Mount with 3 slots
UTG Low Profile Riser Mount with 3 slots
Price: $6.53
14 used & new from $1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great riser for the price!, May 6, 2013
I mounted this little riser on my patrol Bushmaster Carbon 15 carbine and have carried it for months now. No issues with it and my sight that is riding on it still is holding a zero well and has no wiggle. Just because it's not a high dollar piece does not mean it is not a great piece of gear!!! Unbeatable price and great performance. Would buy again and recommend for frugal law enforcement officers everywhere!

UTG Low Profile Flip-up Front Sight with A2 Square Post Assembly
UTG Low Profile Flip-up Front Sight with A2 Square Post Assembly
Price: $18.33
9 used & new from $16.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and better performance, May 6, 2013
I mounted this little sight on my patrol Bushmaster Carbon 15 carbine and have carried it as a BUIS for months now. no issues with it falling down when in the up position and holds zero very well. Just because it's not Troy does not mean it is not a great piece of gear!!! Unbeatable price and great performance. Would buy again and recommend for frugal law enforcement officers everywhere!

5.11 1.75-Inch Double Duty Tdu Belt (Coyote/ Black, Medium)
5.11 1.75-Inch Double Duty Tdu Belt (Coyote/ Black, Medium)
Price: $21.39
7 used & new from $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 6, 2013
I wear the black side for duty and the coyote side for off duty. Very comfortable and sturdy belt both with trousers and as a duty rig underbelt. Use it with my IWB holsters for off duty carry and it works extremely well!

Code Red Mep-ML Ear Mold - Ear Ear Mold-ML
Code Red Mep-ML Ear Mold - Ear Ear Mold-ML
Offered by digi-power
Price: $3.20
9 used & new from $3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and comfortable., May 6, 2013
Over the last several months I have worn this on duty I have had no issues or concerns. Fits snug and comfortably.

ARMY DESERT INFANTRY * CAUCASIAN VARIATION * McFarlane's Military Series 1 Action Figure & Display Base
Offered by zappcomics
Price: $39.99
9 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, May 6, 2013
Realistic. Just as described. Would buy again.Use as a decoration in a nursery and it has worked out well so far

Shirt Stays - Shirt Garters - Keep Shirt Down and Socks Up! (Straight Black 4 Pack)
Offered by Army Universe
Price: $10.99
3 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, May 6, 2013
I have had some really bad shirt stays in the past and these work out pretty well. The rubber ends seemed to be the flimsy type so I was worried but they are actually pretty hardy. Not once have they came unfastened in the month I have worn them on duty.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome rail, November 17, 2012
For the price this system cannot be beaten. Fits without smithing and srews down snug. Have ran it on my duty rifle for several months and have had no issues.

UTG Medium Profile Riser Mount with 3 slots
UTG Medium Profile Riser Mount with 3 slots
Price: $10.49
12 used & new from $8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product for the Price, November 17, 2012
Clamps on tight and rides well. I love cheap parts that WORK. This product fits both those categories. Would recommend to anyone building a weapon on a budget.

Page: 1 | 2