Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Profile for R. Andress > Reviews

Browse

R. Andress' Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R. Andress RSS Feed (Baltimore, MD United States)

Pajar Women's Adriana Low Boot,Cognac/Navy,40 EU/9-9.5 M US
Pajar Women's Adriana Low Boot,Cognac/Navy,40 EU/9-9.5 M US

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring it blizzard!, February 10, 2016
These boots are beyond anything I hoped for when I purchased them. Bought two days before Mother Nature unleashed winter storm Jonas upon the state of Maryland, I begged Amazon to make sure I got them before the snow. They made it, barely, thanks to Amazon's fantastic customer service. I was seeking a serviceable boot to keep my feet dry and warm and these boots are more than up to the task. I ordered up in sizing since they don't run in half sizes and I feared they would be too large but they're perfect. I can wear normal socks or thick socks and they're plenty comfortable. They zip on the inside so you don't have to worry about tying and untying sodden laces and they accommodate my oversized calves, which is no easy feat.

I wore them for hours shoveling more than 30" of snow, standing in piles that were well above my boots and my feet were toasty and dry the entire time. Worth every single penny.

Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, Book 1)
Awakened (Vampire Awakenings, Book 1)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars A good story in need of serious editing., February 1, 2013
This book was a quick and entertaining read. While the story is not completely original, it certainly stands on its own. The author did a commendable job of writing convincing characters and expressing the emotions and tension of the storyline.

I was drawn into Sera and Liam's tale from the start and appreciated how the story was wrapped up at the end. While I would have enjoyed delving deeper into their backgrounds, especially Liam's, I didn't feel that the main characters were underdeveloped and am hopeful that we learn more about the remaining cast of characters in future installments.

That said, there is a note in the book description that specifically indicates it has been professionally edited by KMS Freelance Editing. I really hope there was no monetary investment there because the editing of the book is abhorrent. I read a lot of free books and am generally pretty forgiving especially in self-published works, but the repeated and glaring misuse of to and too made me want to poke out my own eyes.

I would like to read additional books in this series, I fear that the grammar slaughter will continue but I hope that Ms. Davies will find a competent editor to assist her. It would be a shame for her to lose any credibility or following due to poor editing.

SPT SU-4010 Ultrasonic Dual-Mist Warm/Cool Humidifier with Ion Exchange Filter - Blue
Price: $65.17
102 used & new from $35.36

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, December 30, 2012
We own two of these humidifiers. One we've used for two winters and the other was recently purchased for our daughter's room. Both are working great.

Our home has steam radiators and in the winter the house is incredibly dry. This device does a great job providing humidity to dry spaces. We have used the cool and warm mist features and have no complaints with either. It is easy to fill and as long as you make sure not to tighten the cap too tightly, there are no problems with leakage.

My only complaints are regarding the filters and ease of cleaning. I wish that there were either a cleanable filter or a more affordable replacement filter available. It is also a little awkward to clean, particularly if you're interested in trying to scrub the water reservoir. Otherwise, I have no negatives to report. We have experienced no issues with white dust reported by other reviewers. We use non-filtered tap water for both of our humidifiers.

Plum Kids Organic Fruit and Veggie Mashups, Blueberry Blitz, 3.17 Ounce, 4 Count (Pack of 6)
Price: $21.18
10 used & new from $21.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler Approved!, December 30, 2012
My daughter adores these pouches. They're perfectly sized for little hands and she is easily able to suck from the straw.

I love them because of their convenience. Toss a few in the diaper bag and there is always a handy snack, no matter where we are. No refrigeration needed, no spoon needed. No need to stop and wait for her to eat.

She has recently entered the picky toddler phase and most fruits and veggies are completely out of the question, except for her pouches! She gets her fruits and veggies and her Mommy doesn't have to feel guilty about her eating junk. Everyone is happy!

Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor withColor LCD Screen
Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor withColor LCD Screen
Offered by Catalina Designer Goods LLC
Price: $179.99
6 used & new from $179.99

2.0 out of 5 stars It's an amazing monitor....while it works., December 30, 2012
We initially purchased this monitor in March 2012. My daughter was finally transitioning to her crib and as a paranoid first time mother, I wanted a top of the line monitor so that I could watch her breathe.

Out of the box, I was thrilled with the video quality. It was everything that I wanted and well worth the significant cost. Many of my friends have monitors that only show their child as a blurry blob on a tiny black and white screen. I could count the hairs on my daughter's head in the dark, sing to her from across the house and hear her tiniest whimper. A couple months in it seemed like the video quality was deteriorating, but I brushed it off, it was still providing a better picture than most other monitors. By four months after purchase the night vision on the camera was completely gone. The camera still works, but at night, when I need it most, it works only as a sound monitor.

Once I determined that the camera was malfunctioning, I requested a replacement from Amazon, which they promptly sent. I was hoping that our original was just a dud and plugged in the new monitor, once again marveling at the clarity and sharpness of the picture. At that point I should have sent back the original monitor, but I held on to it which turned out to be a good idea on my part.

About three weeks after the arrival of the new monitor I noticed that the top line of the monitor had died. No big deal, I could still see the screen. The pixels continued to died until 1/3 of the screen was dead. This made it difficult to see the information at the top of the screen, but I could still see my daughter, which was what I cared about. Then one afternoon I put my daughter down for a nap, turned the camera on and when I turned the monitor on...nothing happened. We fiddled with the camera, tried the old monitor with the new camera, nothing worked. Our new camera was completely dead. Thankfully we had the old camera and monitor with the dead night vision to fall back on.

I'm now searching for a replacement. We considered attempting a third monitor, but neither of the first two lasted even six months. Bottom line, the picture quality is fantastic but beware camera deterioration and break-down.

Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper, Yellow (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Blessed Living _ BRAND NEW - FAST SHIPPING _ This item cannot be shipped to Alaska - Hawaii - Puerto Rico - PO Box and OUTSIDE of USA
Price: $71.21
4 used & new from $66.89

5.0 out of 5 stars The single best baby item I own, period., December 13, 2011
If my baby and I were stranded on a desert island and there was one item I could have, it would be this. Hands down.

For the first six weeks of her life, my daughter was a completely miserable, tired, cranky baby. She had reflux, we were told to elevate her crib mattress, which we tried, desperately hoping that all of us would get some sleep. Didn't work. She would cry for hours and when she finally got to sleep, it lasted max 15 minutes before the screaming resumed.

We took her back to the doctor, who then said it was colic and told us to prepare for extended crying for the next few months. So we continued our search for a way to help our daughter sleep. We tried gas relief drops, colic medicine, sleeping in the crib, pack n play, Boppy, swing, car seat! My husband would take her on drives for hours, just so that I could get some sleep.

We finally discovered that there was a place she would sleep for an extended period of time. It was on my chest, with me propped up on pillows and my arms around her to make sure she didn't roll off. Turns out, this wasn't especially comfortable. After a couple weeks of this I couldn't handle it anymore. I wasn't getting sleep, my husband was going back to work and my baby was still miserable. I suspect she wasn't sleeping especially well on my chest either.

In a sleep deprived moment of absolute genius, I started searching Amazon for alternative sleeping locations. The Rock 'n Play had so many reviews, but I was wary of warnings about flat spots and babies being unable to turn their heads. For me, it came down to whether I would rather have a happy, sleeping household with the possibility of a flat-headed baby, or a household where everyone was on the brink of exhaustion at all times and in absolute misery.

The possibility of a flat-headed baby won out. We went to the store late one sleepless night and bought the rocker. It was the night our lives changed. No exaggeration. My daughter slept through the night on the first night and 98% of the nights since. Not slept through the night like she woke to eat 3 times. She went to bed at 8:30 and woke up at 7am.

In addition to the Rock n Play's near miraculous ability to end "colic" and allow babies with reflux to sleep through the night, it is incredibly easy to transport. Press button, fold flat, toss in car. Remove from car, press button, open. Voila!

The day my daughter outgrows the Rock N Play, I might actually cry. For now, I will continue to sleep peacefully with my well-rested husband and daughter (who by the way, does not have a flat head or neck problems!)

NUK Silicone Wildlife 2 Pack BPA Free Pacifier, Size 1, Colors May Vary (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these!, September 17, 2011
I had not initially planned on using pacifiers as I was worried that they would create nipple confusion and interfere with my ability to breastfeed. Like a lot of sleep deprived first-time mothers, I caved pretty quickly to their magical ability to calm my angry infant.

We had a Soothie from the hospital but my daughter stopped taking it pretty quickly. I picked up my first pack of NUK Pacifiers because they claimed not to interfere with breastfeeding. They have lived up to every expectation. My daughter has been using these pacifiers since she was 3 days old, we have had absolutely no problems with nipple confusion and she loves them.

You can't pick the color/style you want when you order from Amazon, and as another reviewer stated you will inevitably get the style you didn't want. However, all of the styles we've gotten have been adorable and your baby won't care what color they are.

KONG Stuff'N Ziggies Large Dog Treat, 8-Ounce
KONG Stuff'N Ziggies Large Dog Treat, 8-Ounce
Price: $6.02
32 used & new from $5.74

2.0 out of 5 stars Our dog loves them, but the aftermath isn't pretty!, September 16, 2011
We have a large mixed-breed dog who loves to chew. Her ability to demolish toys is almost comical, so we are always looking for a way to entertain/occupy her that isn't going to drive us into bankruptcy.

She loves her Kong, but I hate cleaning it after it has had peanut butter in it. So, when I saw these I thought they would be a perfect solution! Something she would have to put a little work into that wouldn't result in a big mess to clean up afterward.

I was right...sort of. She loves them. They only keep her occupied for about 10 minutes but that's more than can be said for most of her toys. However, about an hour after she has one she gets the worst gas she has ever had. I'm not talking the occasional smelly fart. Last night I went upstairs and thought something had died in my bedroom because the smell was so terrible. It took me 15 minutes to realize the smell was coming from the dog and wasn't going away. I can only imagine the discomfort she must be in to be producing that much gas.

Unfortunately as much as our dog enjoys them, I'm fairly certain they don't like her and I don't think I can handle the resulting gas storm.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2014 9:41 PM PDT

OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G, 3GS (Black)[Retail Packaging]
OtterBox Defender Case for iPhone 3G, 3GS (Black)[Retail Packaging]
Offered by AlphaDailyDeals

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality iPhone protection, September 14, 2009
I no longer have any fear of damaging my iPhone. If anything, the case might make owners a little overconfident in their phones' durability. The case does make the phone dimensions a bit larger, though this is an easy tradeoff given the improved performance over other cases. The only drawback is the built-in screen protection which appears almost constantly dirty and often has several visible air pockets underneath.

Overall, I wouldn't go back to another case. If you're going to invest the money in an iPhone, it is well worth the additional expense to protect of properly.