Profile for Book Lover55 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Book Lover55 RSS Feed

Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer (Wine)
Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer (Wine)
Offered by Gourmet Kitchen Gallery
Price: $38.00
7 used & new from $33.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Please think again!!!, December 31, 2006
My hair is very soft, fine, shoulder length, and just about the curliest hair you will find. My hair is also very thick. I found this product did not straighten my hair and left it 5 times the size it was before in frizz. I have a conair straightener that I abosolutely love so I thought this product would meet my expectations as well. Not even close. It might be however that this drier works better on thin, course hair that's longer. Anyway, here was my step by step process:

1. I got out of shower and towel dried hair. I put in my favorite straightening product and then brushed it through.

2. I pulled the top section back out of the way and put the bottom sections in the dryer.

Let's pause for a moment. Right from the start it wouldn't cooperate. It's difficult to handle and doesn't grip my hair. The hair is just blown right out of the attatchment.

3. Continue, letting more and more hair down while putting it through the drier.

When I was finished, my hair looked horrible. It was frizzy and not strait whatsoever. It looked almost as curly as it did before but 5 times the size in poof!! Later I had to go over the whole thing with my conair flat iron and finish the job and it looks as good as it ever does after I do that.

The only thing that this drier does well is dry your hair.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 31, 2006 4:58 PM PST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Moleskine - Journaling perfected, July 27, 2006
I bought this journal yesterday and I love it already. It has a good quality and sturdy cover, front and back. It has a lot of pages (192 I think it said)and the pages are really good quality. ie: When you use a gel pen, it doesn't seep through the pages like it does on some other journals. Also it's a great size, not too big but I wouldn't want it any smaller. It also has an expandable pocket in the back of the journal that you can put pieces of paper in. I think that this standard little black blank book is a great and it performs well. An excellent product. I will definately be buying from moleskine for journals from now on.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2007 6:53 PM PST

Moleskine Large Sketch Book
Moleskine Large Sketch Book
Offered by Hyatt's All Things Creative
Price: $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little "everything" book, July 26, 2006
Now, if you don't just pay attention to the fact that they call it a sketching book(althought yes, it is great for skecthes too) think of the other possiblities. My brother use this book in particular for everything. Any snip of an idea that he needs to write down, a recipe that he likes, to do lists for the day, doodles and drawings, and anything else that he wants to just write down. These books do truely encourage you to be creative. This journal especially has really nice thick quality paper, and is a great size to me personally. It's 9cm. x 13cm. Sketch that out! If it's too big get the small sketching notebook, if it's too small you might just wanna look at a different notebook altogether.

My point: excellent product for an all purpose journal.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars your standard little black blank book, July 26, 2006
I bought this journal yesterday and I love it already. I has a good quality and sturdy cover, front and back. It has a lot of pages (192 I think it said)and the pages are really good quality. ie: When you use a gel pen, it doesn't seep through the pages like it does on some other journals. Also it's a great size, not too big but I wouldn't want it any smaller. It also has an expandable pocket in the back of the journal that you can put pieces of paper in. I think that this standard little black blank book is a great and it performs well. An excellent product.