Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now
Profile for hannah > Reviews

Browse

hannah's Profile

Customer Reviews: 7

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

hannah RSS Feed (detroit, MI)

The Narrows
The Narrows
by m craig
5 used & new from $9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty with a bit of magic, February 22, 2012
This review is from: The Narrows (Paperback)
M. Craig's descriptive style is perfect for creating the gritty fantasy world in which The Narrows takes place. The setting feels real, the characters are believable, and there is just the right amount of magic to keep it entertaining through the heavy stuff. I really connected with the main character Sim, as she becomes stronger, wiser and more self-aware. As an avid cyclist, I also appreciated how accurately the Narrows depicts urban cycling. I would recommend The Narrows to fantasy lovers as well as anybody who likes a good coming-of-age story.

Rain in the Leaves: The Eps 1
Rain in the Leaves: The Eps 1
Price: $19.42
7 used & new from $19.42

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous folk music, December 11, 2006
This is a collection of gorgeous songs in the vein of traditional folk music. The beauty of the guitar part matches perfectly with Meic Stevens's voice, especially the Welsh songs that make up most of the album. Some of my favorites are the songs "Tyrd I Lawr I'r Ogof," "Hwiangerdd Mihangel" and "Yr Eryr A'r Golomen." I can understand the comparisons to Bob Dylan, there are similiarities in the strumming and use of harmonica, however, don't be too quick to paint them with the same brush. Both are wonderful songwriters in their own way.

Crash
Crash
by Jerry Spinelli
Price: $6.00
220 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite children's books, January 13, 2006
This review is from: Crash (Paperback)
I can't remember the amount of times I checked this book out from the library and read it. From about when I was 9 to when I was about 13, I probably read this book more than any other (with the possible exception of The Phantom Tollbooth).

This book is perfect for a funny, interesting, and touching moral story that is well in the grasp of children. It is capable of teaching without being confusing or dull or preachy.

Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too.
Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too.
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $7.00
295 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Can't handle too much of it, October 15, 2005
When I get in the mood for this CD, I really enjoy it. But that rarely happens. Gregg Alexander does have talent, but the whole thing feels kind of sloppy, except on a few tracks, namely "Mother We Just Can't Get Enough" and "You Get What You Give." Other tracks have moderate appeal, but some are just plain bad. He tries to make up for lack of melody or hook with clever rhymes or odd spoken interludes, and more often than not, it doesn't work. I usually never listen to it the full way through. I do give this 3 stars though because the songs that work, REALLY work, and they never get old for me.

Welcome to the Monkey House: A Collection of Short Works
Welcome to the Monkey House: A Collection of Short Works
by Kurt Vonnegut
Price: $10.00
220 used & new from $0.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Years later, this book is still affecting people, January 24, 2005
I just read this book last year, as a tenth grader. It might sound as though I'm exaggerating if I say it changed my life, but I believe that almost everything you read changes you in a small way. Well, this book changed me in a big way. I'll still be thinking about these stories months after I read them. They're the kind of stories that make you want to close your eyes and think for an hour after you're done reading them. This book was my introduction to Kurt Vonnegut, and it remains my favorite.

I also think its amazing how a book read by somebody 30 years ago can still have the same effect on a young person today, and I hope that 30 years from now, this book will still change people.

The Westing Game
The Westing Game
by Ellen Raskin
Price: $9.99
303 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book!, March 23, 2002
This review is from: The Westing Game (Paperback)
This is my favorite book of all time because every time I read it I find different hints. It is about a rich man named Sam Westing who leaves a will to 16 heirs after he is found dead in bed. The heirs are divided into pairs to try and solve the Westing Game. It is very interesting to see the different approaches each pair takes at solving the mystery. I especially love the ending; each time I finish reading it I want to hold it open for another minute and think about what I just read. I highly reccomend this book to just about anyone.

Cheaper by the Dozen (A Bantam starfire book)
Cheaper by the Dozen (A Bantam starfire book)
by Frank B. Gilbreth Jr.
138 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved this book and it was funny as well as informative, December 15, 2001
I am 13, and I first read this book when I was 11 and just finished re-reading it for about the 8th time or so. This is such a great book! It is about a motion study expert and a psychiatrist who marry and plan to have 6 boys and 6 girls, which they do: Anne, Mary, Ernestine, Martha, Frank Jr, Bill, Lill, Fred, Dan, John, Bob, and Jane. They each have their own adventures; Anne with having the most resposibility, Ernestine and touch typing and many more funny adventures, all lead by their crowd-loving and humerous father.