Profile for MarvinMartian > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

MarvinMartian RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Hobbit
The Hobbit
Price: $6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic story., June 26, 2014
This review is from: The Hobbit (Kindle Edition)
It's the Hobbit what can you say. A classic story. It's good to see the basis for the great films (two so far). There's far more to Bilbo than you could ever imagine.

Taking Xarelto Medical ID Alert Silicone Bracelet Awareness
Taking Xarelto Medical ID Alert Silicone Bracelet Awareness
Offered by CharmingBracelets
Price: $12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the shiny ones that cost 3 to 4 times more., June 26, 2014
A little small for my wrist but it gets the message across. If I'm ever in an accident or some other situation where I can't respond the EMTs or whoever is caring for me will know I could have other serious issues going on.

I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0
I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite presenter, June 23, 2014
Alton Brown is my favorite presenter on the Food network and various guest appearances. I love the "science" of cooking he delivers. It's really a great book covering the best way to prepare various dishes and why they should be done in a particular way. He also goes into detail on appliances and hardware (pots, pans, utensils etc.)

Anthem
Anthem

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Anthem (Kindle Edition)
A look into the communist world, a world she was very familiar with. If you want to see where socialism can take us to then you should read this book. The book surprisingly holds up well considering the time period it was written in.

Ubik
Ubik
Price: $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Ubik, June 23, 2014
This review is from: Ubik (Kindle Edition)
By the time I was on the second page I knew this was going to be a great read. I've seen all the movies made from PKD's books or short stories so I was really wanting to get that first one done. The book will not disappoint. In fact I think Stephen King may have read some of PKD's books before he began writing.

Excellent.

Unblock Me FREE
Unblock Me FREE

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind numbing fun, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Unblock Me FREE (App)
This puzzle presenter is as difficult as you desire. It will keep you sharp. Great for those times your wasting in a waiting room!

Masterminds of Programming: Conversations with the Creators of Major Programming Languages (Theory in Practice (O'Reilly))
Price: $13.49

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay., June 9, 2014
I was a bit disappointed really. I guess the detail oriented person in my want more details and I just didn't get them. I mean details of the the development of the languages being discussed. Quite frankly I haven't finished it yet after 2 years!

Mahjong Skies
Mahjong Skies

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't get it., April 29, 2014
This review is from: Mahjong Skies (App)
When I first saw the 3D look of the game I wanted it. Then I discovered, after downloading it that it has access to everything in your Kindle. Watch out for these FREE games. Ads I am sometimes willing to put up with but giving someone else access to my Kindle, no thanks!

TETRIS® Blitz
TETRIS® Blitz

1.0 out of 5 stars They just want access to your Kindle, April 29, 2014
This review is from: TETRIS® Blitz (App)
Forget it, unless you want your Kindle exposed to someone else. Also it took forever to get this thing uninstalled everywhere (cloud, device).

Sherlock Holmes and The Secret Weapon - 1943
Sherlock Holmes and The Secret Weapon - 1943
DVD
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Basil Rathbone at his best., January 7, 2014
This is a wartime update to The Dancing Men by S.A.C. Doyle! A very clever variation of the original story.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3