Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for RWS > Reviews

Browse

RWS's Profile

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RWS "RWS" RSS Feed (Berkeley, CA)

Page: 1 | 2
Wiha 26764 PL4 Precision Pentalobe Screwdriver
Wiha 26764 PL4 Precision Pentalobe Screwdriver
Offered by Micro-Tools
Price: $10.17
10 used & new from $6.74

5.0 out of 5 stars THE tool for newer MacBook Pro laptop work, April 26, 2016
Wiha 26764 is THE tool to use for working on the newer MacBook Pro laptops with the Pentalobe screws.

(The tool for the old type of Philips screws is a Wiha 96100 Phillips Screwdriver with Precision Handle, 00 x 40mm)

The Wiha's have a rotating red end and an amazing fit in these tiny screws. (Note: when screwing the screw back in, first turn the screw driver counter clockwise until you feel/hear a little click, then reverse direction and screw it in. This will help prevent stripping the threads when screwing in the screw.)

PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Faucet Mount Chrome FM-9400B
PUR 3-Stage Horizontal Faucet Mount Chrome FM-9400B
109 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to Pur after trying two others. Also, no leaks if you use the little washer it comes with., August 23, 2015
I owned Pur filters for about five years. My only issue was the black on/off tab was easy to accidentally flip when washing dishes. So I first tried a Culligan for about a year. It was OK, no accidental on/off problems but the flow was too slow for me. Then I tried a Dupont faucet filter for about a year. Again, was it OK, but the water tasted a little plastic-like, sounds funny but true. So after two years, I went back to Pur even though I saw this video about a leak problem in the reviews. I installed the adapter onto my faucet and then connected the main part to the adapter and it leaked just like the video. BUT then I realized I forgot to install the small black washer that comes with the adapter. (It is packed separately). Once I did that there was no leaking problem ... and I get that good strong flow that I like, and Pur definitely taste the best of the three. Just need to watch the on/off switch when doing dishes. Hope this helps. I am a real consumer and am somewhat picky about my water. (Note: my city does not have hard water or bad water that needs hard core filtering)

Medicine Woman
Medicine Woman
by Lynn Andrews
Price: $13.03
59 used & new from $3.75

1.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy yarn, April 28, 2015
This review is from: Medicine Woman (Paperback)
Read the comments below on the internet in a post by FriedrichAbel about the origins of this book:

"How such pure fantasy yarns are sometimes concocted, I began to understand in early 1986, when I happened to meet a man in Santa Fe, New Mexico, who claimed to have written a good portion of the first three Lynn-Andrews-books.

His name was David Carson, and as he was a locally known writer and had recently published shamanic "Medicine Cards”, I wanted to interview him for a magazine story about Santa Fe I was researching. We spent an afternoon in a little Café, and after filling me in on the town’s New Age scene, he asked me if I wanted to hear the story about the creation of “Medicine Woman.”

In the late seventies, he said, he was living with Lynn Andrews in Beverly Hills, California. She was an arts dealer, he an aspiring writer and student in Native American spirituality (“I have a bit of Choctaw Indian blood myself, am from Oklahoma”), and both were hungry for fame and fortune. One Sunday morning they were talking about Castaneda’s continued success with his Don-Juan-tales, and how easy it would be to create a female-oriented version of the series: Lynn instead of Carlos, some Native medicine woman instead of Don Juan.

That very day, Carson recounted, they started to work on the book, quickly developed a plot and jointly produced the whole thing over the next couple of months. Carson brought his knowledge of Native American culture and spirituality, plus his writing skills, to the fraudulent deal; Andrews contributed rough sketches of her life in Beverly Hills. Carson wove all this material together into a narrative describing her exotic adventures with various female shamans up in Canada’s Manitoba tundra.

“Medicine Woman” came out in 1981, with only Lynn Andrew’s name on the cover. It was to be sold as a woman’s adventure, and hers only; no man’s name should spoil the invention of the “Sisterhood of the Shields”. Only the book’s dedication gave a hint as to Carson’s authorship:
“…dedicated to David Carson, the truly invisible one.”

The fictitious “non-fiction” book was an instant success, and Carson quickly knocked out three more, “Spirit Woman”, “Jaguar Woman” and “Star Woman”, with all of them becoming lucrative bestsellers. Eventually, Carson told me, it happened what usually happens in “silent” collaborations of this type: Lynn tired of the partnership and cut him off, continuing the lucrative Medicine-Woman-franchise on her own. Now he was considering going to court and suing her, he wasn't sure what to do. Write it up in your story, he said, maybe it will help. A few days later he called me up and said, “Don’t write about it yet, I have to think it over some more.”

Almost three years after our conversation, in November 1988, an affidavit was filed with a lawsuit brought by Carson, contending that “as a result of our personal relationship, Lynn and I composed a series of literary works that included Medicine Woman, Jaguar Woman and Star Woman.” Three months later, in February 1989, Carson dropped the suit, reportedly because Andrews agreed to a financial settlement out of court. In an interview in April, 2006, Carson stated that the two have gone their separate ways since then. “I never talk about her”, Carson said. “I’m a ghost in her past. You know how the law goes. You have to sign stuff.” "

Wiha 96100 Phillips Screwdriver with Precision Handle, 00 x 40mm
Wiha 96100 Phillips Screwdriver with Precision Handle, 00 x 40mm
Price: $9.01
11 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook repair must have, January 30, 2015
I did some research as I work on Macs all the time and definitely found this outstanding small Philips screw driver to work with the small little case screws found on the aluminum Macbooks.

Tip size is 00 and length is 40 mm.

The end of the screw driver swivels which makes it very easy to work with.

The quality is very high.

It makes all the difference when working with this screwdriver. Now I enjoy opening up Macbooks.

Compatible INFOCUS PROJECTOR LAMP SP-LAMP-019 LP600 IN32 IN34 SPLAMP019
Compatible INFOCUS PROJECTOR LAMP SP-LAMP-019 LP600 IN32 IN34 SPLAMP019
Offered by Amazing Lamps
Price: $33.99
13 used & new from $33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with this choice, August 17, 2014
This replacement lamp is working out well. The thickness of the filter over the light has not been an issue. Not the cheapest of the offerings, but not the most expensive. I am glad I got this one.

Anker® New Laptop Battery for Apple A1175 A1211 A1226 A1260 A1150 MacBook Pro 15", Aluminum Body as Original (Not Plastic) - 18 Months Warranty [Li-Polymer 6-cell 5600mAh]

5.0 out of 5 stars The one to get, August 17, 2014
This battery works great and fits the laptop very well. Not the cheapest of the offerings, but not the most expensive. This is the one to get.

Nexhi nexhi-data-rjn5 Retractable CAT6 Gigabit Network Cable RJN5, 250MHz
Nexhi nexhi-data-rjn5 Retractable CAT6 Gigabit Network Cable RJN5, 250MHz
Price: $9.49
3 used & new from $9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Tried several brands, May 6, 2014
I tried several brands offered here on Amazon and decided this was the best one.

Use them in office conference rooms.

They do get miss-rewound if people let them rewind too fast, but otherwise they have the cleanest look and are 5 ft. and best quality.

They also auto lock as they are unwound ... ie: if you pull it out to two feet or three feet, etc., it will click and stay at that length until you pull again and unlock it. So you don't have to unwind them all the way to five feet, and they don't pull on the two ends while being used.

Manhattan C USB Dual PS/2 Converter (179027)
Manhattan C USB Dual PS/2 Converter (179027)
Offered by CablesOnline
Price: $5.98
114 used & new from $3.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a another brand I have had for years, May 6, 2014
Needed to use with older Cybex AutoView Commander KVM switch and newer USB only servers.

Well I bought half a dozen. Opened one and thought it was working fine so I gave it 5 stars and a good review. But recently I moved it to another server and it does not work on that box. Did some more testing and it gave me problems. Tried swapping out my older version of this kind of adapter that looks almost identical and that one worked in all situations. So now I need to shop around and see if in an find the older brand.

Update: I found one of my older model of this kind of adapter that I have used for years that ALWAYS works with my KVM's still in the package: Model Number SBT-PS2U However it is not that simple. The new version of the SBT-PS2U has black wires, not the clear wires showing the silver metal inside. I am trying one vendor that has the correct picture and will see what they actually send me.

Bitter Raw Apricot Seeds, 32oz. - 2lb
Bitter Raw Apricot Seeds, 32oz. - 2lb
Offered by Archies Toys
Price: $32.99
27 used & new from $26.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Good source for Apricot seeds, May 3, 2013
I have purchased from Apricot Power several times and the seeds are good quality. They have a good bitter flavor. I eat them with a small square of dark chocolate.

I noticed a review below suggesting any science about the benefits of Apricot seeds is "completely untrue".

I would suggest reading this online book:
Alive and Well by Philip E. Binzel, Jr., M.D.(also available in paperback on Amazon)
[...]

I read online the more recently suggested effective substance in apricot seeds is a component of Laetrile called Benzaldehyde.

From the National Cancer Institute:
[...]

"Benzaldehyde, which is one of laetrile's breakdown products, has also been tested for anticancer activity in humans. Two clinical series reported a number of responses to benzaldehyde in patients with advanced cancer for whom standard therapy had failed.[10,11] In one series, 19 complete responses and ten partial responses were reported among 57 patients who had received either oral or rectal beta-cyclodextrin benzaldehyde"

From the National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Institutes of Health
[...]
Tumor-specific cytotoxicity and type of cell death induced by benzaldehyde

Documentary
You Tube search for G. Edward Griffin - A World Without Cancer - The Story Of Vitamin B17
(Note at the time of the documentary the Benzaldehyde link had not been established)

The book (Alive and Well) mentioned at the top of this review has the most level headed discussion and rational expectations on this topic.

I also recommend Dying To Be Me by Anita Moorjani available on Amazon.

Finally, I grind up a tablespoon of golden flax seeds for 20 seconds in a krups coffee grinder (never used for coffee) and add that to my cereal in the morning with Silk almond milk (both also sources of Benzaldehyde) and take a basic zinc supplement (zinc suggested in Alive and Well).

Gratitud
Gratitud
16 used & new from $2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album, September 6, 2008
This review is from: Gratitud (Audio CD)
I first heard this album when I was riding in a car pool and liked it so much I asked the driver who it was.

It has an upbeat and lively rhythm with romance. It is not your typical Latin music album, there is a indigenous quality that softens the results. This gives a pleasing upbeat sound that blends in with meals or parties or romance.

Really beautiful, lot's of heart ... check out the first song #1 and the last song # 13

Page: 1 | 2