Profile for Mrs. Richardson > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 22

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mrs. Richardson RSS Feed (Portland, OR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
TERRO 2 oz Liquid Ant Killer ll  T200
TERRO 2 oz Liquid Ant Killer ll T200
Price: $4.49
16 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely effective but may require patience, January 10, 2015
Around late spring/ early summer last year I started seeing teeny tiny Pharaoh ants around my bedroom. Soon after I discovered a horrifying infestation in my closet among a pile of blanket and clothing clutter that had been collecting there for a little while. I don't know why but those type of ants seem to go for clothing and fabric. I was pretty distraught as I had my new baby sleeping in my bedroom, and thinking about ants getting in his crib and his stuff was giving me a panic attack. I cleared every last thing out of my closet and went and got the pre-filled Terro baits as well as the liquid in a bottle.

The liquid ended up doing the trick but let me tell you it took a good 3 weeks which seemed like forever. However I know from reading Terro's website and other reviews here that depending on how bad the infestation is, that it just might take that long. I'm glad we did not give up because Terro is different than other products. It gets to the source, and now we don't have to manage any sort of ant problem at all, they just aren't there. It's been a good 5 - 6 months now and absolutely no ants, which amazes me because of how bad our problem was. So I think when you use this stuff you have to understand how it works and not just go for instant killing gratification... I researched Pharaoh ants a bit and you have to put the bait in different areas until you find their trails, and then just be constantly on top of it refilling and replacing the bait pretty much every day until they can finally get it to the colony.

I haven't seen any ants at all, and it's winter now, but I am a little paranoid after seeing millions of them on my stuff, so I am going to be setting out Terro liquid on a regular basis for preventative measures. This stuff is extremely effective and costs only a few dollars.

Back To Nature Classic Creme Sandwich Cookies, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Back To Nature Classic Creme Sandwich Cookies, 12-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Offered by MyQuickMart
Price: $34.99
8 used & new from $34.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Oreos without the gross ingredients, March 1, 2014
I have found that I really like Back to Nature products more often that other natural ingredient brands. Having better ingredients is good, but taste is important, and this brand does a really good job. My kids and I just plowed through a box of these. They are not exactly like Oreos but pretty similar, delicious, and I don't have that gross feeling after eating them, the kind you get from hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. Plus I can feel better about what goes into my kids' bodies when letting them have a sweet treat. BTN products cost a little more, but you get what you pay for, and they do go on sale, so I always try to catch them that way.

Barbara's Bakery Puffin Puffs Cereal, Crunchy Cocoa, 9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Barbara's Bakery Puffin Puffs Cereal, Crunchy Cocoa, 9-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Coco Puffs, November 14, 2013
We love this stuff, it's like healthy coco puffs. It's a "sugar cereal" that I don't mind giving to my kids and they think it's a real treat. It has some probiotic/ fiber sort of ingredient that seems to help my 3 year old be more regular. It's all natural, no weird chemically ingredients. I try to buy it when it's on a good sale since it seems to be a bit steeply priced for cereal, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Justin's Nut Butter Natural Maple Almond Butter, 16-Ounce Plastic Jar (Pack of 3)
Offered by trade concepts
Price: $38.99
4 used & new from $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, January 23, 2012
A peanut allergy has made almond butter a frequent part of our family's diet. We tried a couple different brands but kept trying because none of them were that great, and some even tasted like the almonds they used were rancid, eeew (a brand that starts with the letter "M", ahem). When I tried Justin's I knew that almond butter could not possibly taste better than this. I don't know how they do it. And yes, the stuff is not cheap. Price is a frustrating part of going from peanut butter to almond butter but in this case, you really get what you pay for. The stuff is insane. It's so good. We eat it straight out of the jar. It's satisfying because all that good protein fills you up, and it's got the salty/sweet thing going, yummers!

Mary's Gone Crackers, Original, 6.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Mary's Gone Crackers, Original, 6.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12)
Price: $39.32
18 used & new from $38.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a fan, November 4, 2011
After I saw the long list of glowing reviews I decided to try a box of these. I miss my days of cracker eating before becoming gluten free. After I tried them I can only scratch my head in wonder. I don't get it. I didn't enjoy them at all, and I couldn't even bring myself to tolerate them with cheese on top. I'm sorry, they really do taste like dirt and they are so hard that you could probably break one in half and shave with it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 17, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

Bob's Red Mill All-Purpose Gluten-Free Baking Flour, 22-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)
Offered by PowerforApple
Price: $28.07
12 used & new from $20.95

2.0 out of 5 stars The Garbanzo flour kind of ruins it, November 4, 2011
I love Bob's Red Mill and as a gluten-intolerant person, am very thankful for their products. Over time since I've GF I've learned that some GF flours taste funky, sour or just plain nasty. Garbanzo bean flour fits the bill. It is so overpowering. Other than that the texture of the baked goods using this mix is good. Just be aware of the garbanzo flour, it's a bit much. My search is still on for a good GF baking mix.

Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, 313A
Eureka Enviro Hard-Surface Floor Steamer, 313A
Price: $58.65
54 used & new from $45.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked only temporarily, October 10, 2011
I saw the good and bad reviews on this steam mop and decided to take my chances because it seemed like such a great tool; no chemicals, deep cleaning with only steam, washable pads etc. I have small children and (at the time) all wood flooring so I was pretty thrilled to get this. I actually liked it but lo and behold, 6 months later it stopped working completely. Does Eureka intend for this thing to work for less than a year? Just wanted to add my one star review to the group, this thing was a huge let-down.

Chex Cinnamon Cereal, 13.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Chex Cinnamon Cereal, 13.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 4)
Offered by L&M Deals
Price: $21.45
9 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious cereal regardless of being GF, April 18, 2011
I recently discovered gluten was causing me problems. I was a little saddened about giving up some favorite items such as certain cereals, but Cinnamon Chex has cheered me up. It is a new favorite for sure. I happened to find it after I became gluten-free but still, I would happily eat it even if I could have gluten. It is not one of those "gluten free tasting" products, you know the ones I mean, the sorry tasting replacements for gluten-y treats like baked goods. In fact, I think this sweet cereal could even be a dessert so that you don't have to spend a ridiculous amount of money on a package of gluten free cookies!

Noble Mount Simple Classic Everyday Hobo/Handbag - Colors Available
Noble Mount Simple Classic Everyday Hobo/Handbag - Colors Available
Price: $30.00 - $49.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good for the price, February 26, 2011
This handbag is not high end. However it is sturdy, user-friendly, a great size and attractive! I got the mustard yellow one and I get compliments all the time actually. I like that the strap is flat and not rolled so it doesn't roll of the shoulder, it stays put. It's a good size, and has the right kind of pockets and compartments. For this price I don't mind buying a new one once a year when the other one wears out. Yes, after about 3 months I am seeing signs of wear like small cracks in the strap and tiny spots where the fake leather has broken off but I still really like it! I mean, you could get a cloth purse from Old Navy for this price or you can get this purse which looks higher end but doesn't cost a triple digit price or even close to it.

Twenty Trucks
Twenty Trucks
DVD ~ James Gardner
Price: $9.95
17 used & new from $3.29

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but the old version is better, January 3, 2011
This review is from: Twenty Trucks (DVD)
I checked out the Twenty Trucks dvd for my son from the library and he loved it. It was narrated by a male voice, talking normally and in an almost soothing tone. We then got a copy from amazon which appears to be re-done. The new re-done version has a different narration that grates on me. However, this video is still mostly brilliant at giving young boys what they want -- trucks. My 2 yo son just does not get sick of this DVD.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3