Profile for Ken K. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ken K. RSS Feed

121 used & new from $4.33

2.0 out of 5 stars EA... WTF?, October 26, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
*NOTE: This is a PRODUCT REVIEW of the package and not of the game itself.*

I remember where I was when Battlefield 3 was first released to the masses. I was at Gamestop, 12am, interacting with people who pre-ordered the game and we were all excited. Come about 4 or 5 months later the excitement died down with the constant slew of problems that the PS3 had, but that's not my issue with the product.

Premium membership WAS my issue.

Notice how I say WAS. When I paid full price for this game on launch I not only expected Battlefield 1943 (big upset there) but I expected EA to not go the path of Activision and price the DLC extremely high. When they launched Premium, I was enraged and decided not to buy it. Which I still haven't. I refuse to pay over 30 bucks for total DLC no matter the content.

THEN this was announced. A version of Battlefield 3 sold AT THE SAME PRICE I BOUGHT IT AT LAUNCH but this time it includes ALL the DLC that others had to pay an arm and a leg for because WE decided to support your game and company IN THE VERY BEGINNING!

SO, to EA and to DICE... WHAT THE HELL? If you're going to at least pull this shady business dealings, please at least give the ones who supported this game earlier on.

For those who want to get into the series at this time, this is perfect for you. But for most of us who have been playing this game since launch, we have reasons to be upset...
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 8:35 PM PST