Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports
Profile for RavenRing > Reviews

Browse

RavenRing's Profile

Customer Reviews: 252

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RavenRing RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Wantdo Women's Swimsuits One-Piece Wrapped Chest Dress Swimwear Suit Beachwear
Wantdo Women's Swimsuits One-Piece Wrapped Chest Dress Swimwear Suit Beachwear
Offered by WantDo Fashion Store
Price: $49.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Sooo Cute! But a bit too short :(, July 21, 2016
This is my second swimsuit in this style (the first being Women's V-Neck Beach Swimsuit, which I love). I really love the way it looks and have gotten several compliments on it. It is well constructed and looks like it will last me many uses.

Overall it is fairly comfortable, except one tiny, but very annoying problem - it is not quite long enough in the torso. This means that it pulls and pinches down below. Every other part fits perfectly, so I think that going up a size would solve one problem and introduce another in its place. I have an average length torso and have never run into this problem before (and I have worn lots of one-piece swimsuits). I am hoping it will stretch with use, but so far after wearing it several times, the problem hasn't really improved :(

Ladderball Pro Steel
Ladderball Pro Steel
Offered by Maranda Enterprises, LLC
2 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good set, fun game!, July 21, 2016
This review is from: Ladderball Pro Steel (Toy)
I got these for a company summer party and was quite pleased. Since it was my first time buying ladderball sets, I got several different types to see which kind I liked best. I got 2 steel sets and 2 PVC. My favorite was the Franklin Sports Steel Ladderball set.

It is very easy to assemble and disassemble. It is light and easy to carry. The bag it came with was very handy.

We used the sets to set up a ladderball golf course - 9 sets at intervals, each with its own silly rule (like throw while on your knees or singing a song). We played in teams of three, with each person getting three throws. So the set had between 10-20 people making 3 tosses at it, each with a different type of balls (some had the golf ball kind, others had a sort of inflated rubber kind). The sets stayed upright and undamaged through all of the abuse.

I didn't care for the balls that came with this set (they are kind of rubbery instead of the more common golf ball type), but they worked fine and were plenty durable. Overall I liked this set a lot and love the ladderball game :)

Trademark Innovations PVC Ladderball Toss Game with Carry Case
Trademark Innovations PVC Ladderball Toss Game with Carry Case
Offered by Service Speed & 1 Year Warranty!
Price: $54.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good PVC set, fun game!, July 21, 2016
I got these for a company summer party and was quite pleased. Since it was my first time buying ladderball sets, I got several different types to see which kind I liked best. I got 2 steel sets and 2 PVC. I liked the steel ones better, but this PVC was still nice. My favorite was the Franklin Sports Steel Ladderball set. Though this set had my favorite balls.

It is very easy to assemble, and though disassembly was easy, it resulted in lots of pieces, unlike the steel sets which only had a few pieces. It is light and easy to carry. I really liked the bag it came with.

Were I to buy more sets, I would probably stick with the steel ones, but consider this set a good alternative (note that when I bought this set it was $45.99 and the steel sets were $49.99 each).

Franklin Sports Steel Ladderball Golf Toss Game
Franklin Sports Steel Ladderball Golf Toss Game
12 used & new from $42.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set, fun game!, July 21, 2016
I got these for a company summer party and was very pleased. Since it was my first time buying ladderball sets, I got several different types to see which kind I liked best. Of the four sets I got, this was my favorite (I got 2 steel sets and 2 PVC).

It is very easy to assemble AND disassemble. It is light and easy to carry. Sadly it does not come with a bag as many other sets do.

For the price I think this is a great deal!

When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace

4.0 out of 5 stars Super surprising super-powered fun, July 6, 2016
One day, completely without warning, the 5 members of the literature club all discover they have superpowers. 6 months later nothing dramatic has happened, no villains have appeared, and they have gotten so used to their powers that it has simply become a part of their everyday life. ll they ever figure out the purpose of their powers?

This series was lots of fun, but be warned - it was based on a light novel series and kind of ends right before it starts explaining what is really going on (I think the last or second to the last episode is the first place they even hint that there is something behind the kids’ sudden acquisition of superpowers).
I think it is still plenty entertaining and worth watching. I felt a little annoyed by the ending, but also somewhat satisfied with the cutoff point. The superpowers the kids get are very powerful and it was pretty amusing to see how they tried to utilize them in their normal lives without doing too much damage.

The series is 12 episodes long and it seems unlikely there will ever be a second season. I watched it on Crunchyroll, where it is still available at the time this review was posted.

Dominion: Season 2
Dominion: Season 2
DVD ~ Christopher Egan
Price: $20.43
25 used & new from $13.50

3.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, but..., June 25, 2016
This review is from: Dominion: Season 2 (DVD)
I enjoyed the first season of Dominion. I thought it was a little silly at times and possibly a little too soap opera-y for me, but it ended really well, making me curious to see where the second season would go. I was both surprised and pleased to find myself quickly sucked into the story. Both Micheal and Gabriel get great character development in this season and their relationship was one of the most interesting parts of the series. A lot more backstory is introduced, fleshing out many of the characters into much more interesting and relatable people. I found myself eagerly marathoning the series, making it through the entire thing in two sittings. And then....

it ended. With an abrupt cliffhanger. And the series has been canceled. All that build up, the new mysteries introduced, the relationships between characters shifting and being redefined and- it is over. I feel like I read half of a book and was cut off in the middle of a chapter. I am still trying to wrap my mind around the disappointment.

I really enjoyed this series, but if I had know how it was going to end (or not end really), I would have saved myself the sadness. Consider yourself warned.

Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season One Part One [Blu-ray]
Heroic Legend of Arslan: Season One Part One [Blu-ray]

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hero and a Legendary Tale, June 20, 2016
The kingdom of Pars is a wealthy and powerful kingdom that sits in the middle of an important trade route. Arslan is the heir apparent, but he is young and untested, still struggling with the responsibility his rank entails. But his worth is tested when the mighty Parsian army falls to a invading Lustanin force and the entire kingdom falls into chaos. Arslan will have to learn his own worth if he is to succeed in standing against the invasion of his homeland.

I was really excited for this show and I was not at all disappointed. Arslan is a great character, who starts out likable, though naive, and grows into a still likable, but strong character. There is plenty of politics going on and though Arslan is a pretty smart kid, he learns the hard way that he still has much to learn about people.

The supporting character don’t get as much attention, but they are all interesting and most get growth of their own. I was especially pleased with Daryun (the strong warrior character). Based on his character type, I wasn’t expecting much from him, but he surprised me and I ended up liking him a lot.

The first season (of which this set is part one, containing episodes 1-13 out of 25) only covers part of this story. The anime is based on a series of light novels by Yoshiki Tanaka, who also did Legend of the Galactic Heroes (epic sci-fi series) and Tytania (also sci-fi, but never finished), with the character design done by Hiromu Arakawa (the author of Fullmetal Alchemist). The second season is due to start airing July, 2016, but it will only be 8 episodes :(

Still, this is a really interesting and well done series, so I consider it worth watching despite its unfinished ending. In fact, I liked it so much I would gladly watch it again. And I will.

Den-Noh Coil 1 [Blu-ray]
Den-Noh Coil 1 [Blu-ray]
Offered by Anime Corner
Price: $39.77
14 used & new from $33.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Virtual Mystery, June 20, 2016
This review is from: Den-Noh Coil 1 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
11 year old Yuki Okonogi has just moved to Daikoku City and has already been swept up in the antics of the local children. She is inducted into her grandmother’s “investigation agency” - a group of kids with a bunch of virtual tools and plenty of enthusiasm. It isn’t too long before they are all tangled up in the mystery of a new computer virus that has infected the virtual world.

I really enjoyed this series. The virtual world was really interesting and well presented. The characters, mostly 11 year olds, feel like real kids and are quite likable.
The art style is fairly different than most anime I watch. I wasn’t sure if I liked it at first, but it grew on me.

I am glad to see this series finally being released here. I had pretty much given up hope until I heard the announcement. I look forward to finally owning it!

Blood Blockade Battlefront: The Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
Blood Blockade Battlefront: The Complete Series (Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
DVD ~ Aaron Dismuke

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good fun, June 13, 2016
Leonardo Watch is a journalist living in the big city - the city of Hellsalem’s Lot, a place where the human world and demon (?) world overlap. Thanks to case of mistaken identity, Leo finds himself joining Libra, a secret crime fighting society.

This series is confusing, disjointed, and really fun. It also has one of the best ending credit presentations I’ve seen :)
Most of the time the show consists of a bunch of vignettes strung together, often introducing new and fantastic parts of the world before disappearing from the show entirely (I’m looking at you Prosfair). The characters are colorful and wacky, though there isn’t much chance for development. This series is based off of a manga by the same author that did Trigun and it is still running, so this show gets an anime original ending. I actually thought they did a pretty good job of it (which is good, because I thought the series was finished and watched all but the last episode, which ended up delayed from June 2015 all the way to October 2015, though they did kindly make it double length).

I haven’t heard anything about a second season, but I still hope that they make one!

PS it seems at the time of this review Amazon's product details is incorrectly listing this as Japanese Audio only. The show has already been fully dubbed and the product details on Funimation's site list this set as having both languages.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2016 6:41 AM PDT

Yona of the Dawn: Part One (Blu-ray?DVD Como)
Yona of the Dawn: Part One (Blu-ray?DVD Como)
DVD ~ Monica Rial
Price: $49.55
20 used & new from $31.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Akatsuki no Yona, April 21, 2016
Yona lives a charmed life - only daughter of a gentle king in a prosperous land, she is surrounded by love and luxury. However, everything is lost when her beloved cousin leads a coup’d'etat and she is forced to flee her home. Hunted, she begins a journey to find the four dragons and take back her throne.

I had great expectations for this series that were both let down and met. I had been hoping for a political thriller where a spoiled princess learns some lessons and events that were taken for granted turned out to have more meaning than expected. Well, Yona certainly learns to overcome her spoiled nature and the ‘bad guy’ turns out to be a pretty darn good king, despite his dubious acquisition of the throne. On the other hand, Yona starts building a haram (not her intention, but still). This series was an odd mix of interesting storytelling and standard fantasy fare. Fortunately, while the average elements are fairly average, they aren’t bad. Sure, Yona has a bunch of powerful, hot guys who would die to protect her, but at least the series tries to justify it, both through some lore and by allowing Yona to develop as a character.

The most interesting character is actually Soo-won (the usurper), though Yona gets the best character development. The other characters aren’t terribly complex, but they are fun and easy to like.

Sadly, the anime only covers part of the manga series, so some of the best set up (relating to Soo-won), is never followed up on. The show ends with the last dragon being introduced, so you never get to see how Yona ended up at the border like she does in an early intro scene. I haven’t found anything relating to a second season, so I think we are out of luck there. The manga of course is still running, now at 20 volumes.

This set only contains the first half of the series (1-12 out of 24). At the time of this review, the second set is due out 7/19/2016.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20