Profile for RavenRing > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 203

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

RavenRing RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Master Pieces Jigsaw Puzzle Frame 19-1/4 Inch by 26-3/4 Inch Wood
Master Pieces Jigsaw Puzzle Frame 19-1/4 Inch by 26-3/4 Inch Wood
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $24.90
13 used & new from $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, just as long as you know what you are getting, December 10, 2014
I bought this frame for a 19-1/4" by 26-3/4" puzzle by Master Pieces and it fit perfectly. This frame does require some assembly, as it comes with 4 pieces to form the sides. I found it very easy to assemble (saying this as someone who can assemble a bookshelf and not much else).

Thanks to reviews I knew what I was getting when I ordered this: a frame without glass or backing. Just the wooden frame part. That is all it comes with. And honestly, it is just fine this way. My puzzle has been hanging in this frame for over 6 months now in a bathroom and no problems. Looks great.

Note, in order to frame your puzzle, you will first need to glue it with some puzzle glue. This frame does not come with glue. It is just a frame.

Finally, price. When I bought this frame it was $21.99 and I thought it was a little pricey, but there were no other options. Now it is $29.24. I doubt I would have bought it at this price.

Chap-Ice Assorted Lip Balm (Pack of 24)
Chap-Ice Assorted Lip Balm (Pack of 24)
Offered by JCandy
Price: $10.75
10 used & new from $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as Chapstick at a better price!, December 10, 2014
I've always bought Chapstick (brand) at Costco for my lip balm needs, but recently the Costco near me stopped carrying them, so I turned to Amazon. I chose Chap Ice because of the high ratings and low, low price. It is about half the price of Chapstick.
Each packet comes with 6 cherry, 4 original, and 2 watermelon. I compared the cherry tot he Chapstick cherry and the Chap Ice one has a slightly stronger scent, but they feel pretty much the same (which is good since I really like Chapstick).
This is a fantastic price for a good product and I highly recommend it.

K - The Complete Series
K - The Complete Series
Price: $29.96
12 used & new from $27.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting plot and entertaining characters, December 10, 2014
This review is from: K - The Complete Series (DVD)
One day while running an errand for a classmate, Yashiro Isana, aka Shiro, finds himself being chased by some very intimidating men who seem to have it out for him. Not only does he not recognize any of them, but he doesn't recall having done anything that would require revenge against him. When one of his pursuers finally explains it to him, it still doesn't make any sense! Did Shiro really commit the murder they are accusing him of?

I wasn't really sure what I was getting into starting this series, as all of the reviews I had read basically said it looked really good but the story was confusing. Personally I found the story quite enjoyable - even though I knew that things can couldn't be as straightforward as the characters claimed, I still found the explanation at the end to be interesting and well done. The world this series builds isn't too complicated, yet it draws you in and rouses your curiosity. And everything looks good. Not only does the art style and animation look nice, but the characters have very stylish fashion sense. This was a fun change from series where ever character is always wearing their school uniform.
Shiro is a pretty fun character - he is extremely laid back, even when faced with menacing danger. The supporting characters aren't too complicated, but they are fun.

This series is only 13 episodes and manages to tell a complete story, though the ending certainly leaves the possibility of a sequel. Actually, it has a movie sequel and is going to get another sequel in 2015. I rather liked the way this series ended, so I am not sure if I will watch the sequel, but if you are left wanting more then at least you have something to look forward too.

This set isn't very complicated, containing just all 13 episodes (in both English and Japanese), trailers, clean opening and endings, and some convention highlights all on 2 discs. This is pretty standard for anime sets and I was perfectly satisfied with it and the price ($29.96).

This was a fun series and I recommend giving it a try if you think it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy it too!

MBOX Blue Rudder Anchor Leather Rope Bracelet Nautical Vintage Silver Infinite Style
Offered by Vigoo Inc
Price: $4.59
4 used & new from $4.57

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but annoying to wear, November 24, 2014
This bracelet looks just like its picture and is a fun design. Sadly, the design is part of why I've come to hate it. The little anchor and wheel look awesome, but in reality they catch on everything.
The second problem is that even on the tightest setting, this bracelet is determined to lay the charms on the inside of my write. I was constantly adjusting it. Constantly.
Finally, the bracelet is a little difficult to put on and almost impossible to put on yourself (tight enough anyway).
Still, the price is excellent. If you don't intend to spend lots of time wearing it, then go ahead and buy away.

1928 Jewelry Gothic Cross Blue Twilight Stretch Bracelet
1928 Jewelry Gothic Cross Blue Twilight Stretch Bracelet
Price: $22.40
2 used & new from $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pretty, but isn't holding up to constant use as well as I would have liked, November 24, 2014
I wear this bracelet all the time, save when showering. I've had it a month and worn it nearly that long. At this point, the silver color is starting to wear away at the edges and reveal a sort of coppery color. It has also lost one fake gem. The elastic has become a tiny bit looser.
I like the design and feel of the bracelet. It feels like it is good quality and it is comfortable to wear. If you don't wear it as often as I do you will probably get a much longer period of use out of it.

Match Womens Double Breasted Lace Hem Turndown Collar Trench Coats #WLTC-009(X-Large, 009-Red)
Offered by Hippy shopping mall
Price: $29.60
10 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Super cute and has pockets! What more could you want?, November 24, 2014
I had some reservations about this coat from reviews, but the price was hard to beat. So I decided to take a chance and give it a try. I am so glad I did!

I got the XL (US Medium) and it fits perfectly. It is a little restricting in the shoulders for things like reaching your arms above your head or touching your toes, nothing too bad. But I have worn it all day several times without ever being uncomfortable (and that is very important to me).
Unlike many other reviewers, I love the ruffle. It comes attached to only some of the buttons, so you have to attach the rest yourself. Its not very hard. Or if you don't like the ruffle, then it is easy to take off.
This coat does have pockets. They are placed a little further back than I had expected, which initially lead me to believe they weren't even there. But they are. The discovery of the pockets made this my favorite coat in my wardrobe!
Also, this coat is pretty warm. With how cheap it was I worried that it would be made of a cheap, thin material that would provide little protection against the cold. But while it is possible that it is made of cheap material (I actually think it is decent quality), it is quite warm.

My only complaint is that the buttons were sewed on with like two stitches. I am definitely going to have to sew a button back on at some point.

Outbreak Company: Complete Collection
Outbreak Company: Complete Collection
Price: $53.98

3.0 out of 5 stars Stranger in a Strangely Familier Land, November 19, 2014
Shinichi Kanou is an otaku in search of a job. And he thinks he might have found one when he takes an interview test that tests his knowledge of anime, video games, and manga. But just after meeting with his new employer, he is drugged, kidnapped, and taken to another world. He awakens to find himself in an otaku’s dream - laying in large four poster bed with a lovely young maid standing by ready to serve him. Then he learns he has been chosen - chosen to bring otaku culture to this world were elves and magic and moe maids all exist. How could he say no to that?

This was a surprisingly entertaining show. There are a bunch of anime stereotypes, the loyal maid, the loli tsundere empress, the large breasted beast girl, but they all fit here, because this is a story about otaku after all. And Kanou seems to recognize this. Even better, he recognizes this but realizes that despite similarities, he isn’t really in an anime (but he is…. oh well). The scene where he finds out Myuseru is a half elf and is totally esthetic, then she tells him that half elves are discriminated against, shows this pretty well. He may think it awesome, but the world doesn’t share his opinion and he decides to change that.

It is interesting to see how they try to handle bringing otaku culture to a world that has technology on par with the Middle Ages. And even if they rig up a projector with the translated subtitles, how are they going to handle the literacy problem?

Outbreak Company juggles actual thoughtful concerns and problems, with totally ridiculous and wacky events (mostly the latter). A soccer match between elves and dwarfs? A school that actually holds classes to teach about otaku culture? A lesson on yaoi terms given to 10 year olds?

This is really a show designed for anime fans and anime fans are the ones who will enjoy it the most. The ending plot was something I saw coming a mile away and hoped wouldn’t get any closer, but yes, they did it anyway. It ended the show on a sour note for me. It isn’t a horrible ending, just kind of pathetic. for me it dropped the show from 4 stars to 3.

Still, it was fun.

I watched this show streaming on Crunchyroll. If you want to sample the series before purchasing, Chrunchroll is the place to go.

Log Horizon: Collection 1
Log Horizon: Collection 1
Price: $39.99
8 used & new from $34.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Living the game, September 30, 2014
This review is from: Log Horizon: Collection 1 (DVD)
Collage student Shiroe wakes up one day to find he and 30,000 others have been trapped in the fantasy RPG Elder Tales. At first people simply try to make do, basically just continuing to play the game. But pretty soon it is evident that their predicament isn't temporary and that in order to live in this new world they are going to have to build a functioning society. Throw in the discovery that the NPCs appear to have free will and that dying has unexpected consequences and things become even more complicated.

Log Horizon started airing about a year after Sword Art Online finished airing. Both feature gamers trapped in a VMMOPG, but I was surprised to find they were quite different. With death in SAO being permanent, the characters tend to spend a lot of time worrying about death (their own or others). In Log Horizon when a character dies they simply reappear at the chapel. They feel hunger, but don't really need to eat. So their worries are more about how to survive happily and harmoniously. This leads to the one thing that really got me hooked on the series - they form a government. It is lots of fun to watch how Shiroe manages to force the creation of a city council.

The characters are in general are pretty fun and I only particularly disliked one. Shiroe turned out to be a really fun character with surprising foresight and clever ideas. One of the best things about him is that his intelligence isn't thrown in your face at the beginning. Not that he isn't introduced as being smart, but the show doesn't try to force you to admire him without working for it. It takes time and witnessing his schemes to really appreciate the way he thinks things through. In addition to Shiroe, there were actually several other characters that surprised me with their development.

It took me about 5-6 episodes to really warm to this series. That is how long it took to set up the plot and introduce the characters, then it dives right in to the cool stuff and keeps it up to the end. There is a second season scheduled to start airing 10/05/14. Note that this set is only the first half of the first season.

KOSE COSMEPORT Rose Of Heaven | Hair Care | Conditioner 400ml
KOSE COSMEPORT Rose Of Heaven | Hair Care | Conditioner 400ml
Offered by SamuraiJapan
Price: $16.68
28 used & new from $16.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Scent of Roses, September 22, 2014
For detangling purposes, I would say it is similar to the Herbal Essence brand (if you are unfamiliar with HE, then I would just say this does a decent job as a detangler). But what I really love this conditioner for is the scent. First off, it smells just like roses (I have roses in my garden and this is what they smell like). Second, the scent lasts for DAYS (ok, the most I've tested was two full days). I've never had such a pleasant lingering scent from any hair product. It isn't overpowering, you actually have to bring the hair to your face to smell it, so it doesn't interfere with any perfumes or other scents you might wear.

One thing you should note before purchasing is that this is really only available from Japan. Which means it ships from Japan. So it took a month for this conditioner to arrive at my doorstep from the day I ordered it. The shipping is free from most sellers, but that just means that it is built into the price. This is really more like a $8 product. For me, it is totally worth paying double, but if you are looking for a super awesome detangling conditioner, you should probably look elsewhere. Or try it out anyway and enjoy the scent of roses hanging in around you :)

Rozen Maiden: Zuruckspulen: Complete Collection
Rozen Maiden: Zuruckspulen: Complete Collection
Price: $42.81
11 used & new from $33.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Living Dolls, August 25, 2014
Jun Sakurada is a middle school hikikomori who one day receives a strange letter asking him if he will "wind or not wind". He chooses to wind and soon strange living BJDs (ball joined dolls) called Rozen Maidens are showing up at his door. In another universe, collage student Jun Sakurada chose not to wind. He hates his classes, his job, and his life. Everything changes when he receives a text from the self that wound.

I never saw the original Rozen Maiden or read the manga or knew much about it other than it involved living dolls. The first episode of this series was therefore a little confusing, but while I am sure much went over my head, the rest of the story was easy to catch on to.

I found the collage Jun's struggles and growth to be the most interesting part of the series. He starts out totally pathetic, but by the end he has grown enough to start taking hold of his life and making a change.

I liked the character designs and art style, and the dolls seemed a very accurate portrayal of the BJDs I've seen. At one point collage Jun assembles a doll and you get to see all of the parts and how they fit together.

If you like dolls, this series is probably worth checking out for that alone. If you fear dolls, well, other than their size they look just like the humans in the show. So you probably will be ok. Unless they come out of the screen and attack you.

For me this series was about a 3.5 star rank, but I thought it deserved to be rounded up rather than down because I think a fan of the original series would probably enjoy this a lot; seeing all of the characters again and seeing what would have happened if Jun hadn't wound.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20