Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for R.Parklane > Reviews

Browse

R.Parklane's Profile

Customer Reviews: 1471

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R.Parklane RSS Feed (Hong Kong)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Consequence of High Caliber (The Mako Shark Book 1)
The Consequence of High Caliber (The Mako Shark Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, quirky and so so delicious., August 23, 2015
I so enjoy this writer's imagination and style. I love Vincent and Frank in Chance's Assassin. Mako could not be more different from Frank and Vincent but Mako is just as distinct and fascinating as a character. He is a damaged child who never got to grow up. The revelation of what happened to him when he was eight and thus moulded his young life was quite a punch to the guts. I love that the writer held nothing back in these stories of assassins both in plot, their victims but most of all in the study of these characters including the supporting ones, which in this case we have Nasai who is just as intriguing. In the romance angle I really enjoy how different Mako was from sweet Toby and I look forward to the just released book 2 because I so want my poor and damaged Mako to be happy. And the way this one ended just made the second book a must read.

Werewolves of Brooklyn
Werewolves of Brooklyn
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A unique and interesting tale, if only this is a series, August 18, 2015
I really like this refreshing take on wolf shifters. There is real depth in both characters and plot. The writing is skilful, intelligent in parts and kept me glued till the ending. I enjoy the dynamics among these werewolves and I love both protagonists' background. What kept this from a full 5 stars is the frustration that the story is not 100% complete. The story on Albeus' intriguing background was sort of left hanging. I want to understand this supernatural aspect of their "conversion" more. And the what about more background on the other were wolves who are just as interesting. If the writer does decide to continue this as a series (I hope he does) I will return and up this review to 5 stars. However I still highly recommend this because it is so unique.

Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time Series)
Piece of Cake (A Matter of Time Series)
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Jory and Sam deserve more attention, August 12, 2015
I love Jory and Sam and it is indeed lovely to revisit them. However this one like another reviewer commented is really all over the place, with too many other known characters. Should have just concentrated on this little family (including Dan of course) and more on their wedding plans, that little bit of excitement is ok and needed because Jory is our trouble magnet. On the other hand this is available free and I have to say it's nice of the writer to do that. But I would have paid a novella price for a better crafted little story because this couple deserves it

Blown Away (Whispering Winds: 1)
Blown Away (Whispering Winds: 1)
Price: $0.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, August 9, 2015
Sounded promising but when the sexual overtones kicked in on the very day they met I just got irritated and gave up. Can't these people write a MM romance plot without starting with the guys getting all sexually aroused on their first meeting?

You Are the Reason (The Tav)
You Are the Reason (The Tav)

3.0 out of 5 stars just meh.., August 9, 2015
I enjoyed the first 45% of the book as it was entertaining, light with lots of fun as Davo navigated his attraction for Lee. But after the two guys got together it was just meh. Too much distractions which did not contribute to the romance or the plot. The situation with baby Maxine was funny at first but it soon wore thin. So did that childish thing with that Mr Magic 8 Ball. All the talks about Australian soccer and cricket was boring as were the talks with troubled gays in the centre which Lee worked in - what was the purpose with introducing all those small characters? The romance side was under developed except for the sex. No angst. The only excitement was when Lee was handcuffed by a crazy female and even then I question the purpose of that scene and found it stupid and how the heck did Lee get himself into such a position. At the end I even question if there was any plot. The only thing going for it was the writing but even that had a limit as I got more and more bored and could not finish it fast enough. So 4 stars for the 1st half and 2 stars for the 2nd half

Invisible Lover
Invisible Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor attempt, August 6, 2015
This review is from: Invisible Lover (Kindle Edition)
Read 26% and did not bother finishing even if this is under KU. Lost interest when the guys get aroused for stupid reason. Such simple writing almost amateurish. No background and I could not differentiate between the 2 characters.

Flying With Charlie
Flying With Charlie
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars what is there not to like about a pilot and his wing walker!, August 6, 2015
I love this idea of the pilot and his wing walker, theirs was a sweet, at times touching romance, the beginning a tad sad. But one can always be assured of a happy end with this writer. I like both MCs especially Charlie. Took a bit of time to warm up to Nick as the man was pretty nasty in the beginning. There were parts which really goes for the heart. Like another reviewer I too appreciate that this writer is under KU.

Shadows Fall
Shadows Fall
Price: $6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I was not bored but could have been better.., August 2, 2015
This review is from: Shadows Fall (Kindle Edition)
The beginning of the story was promising as Titus "talent/problem" was revealed. I like where the plot was heading with the 5 ghosts united in death haunting Titus to get the justice due them. However Titus and Charlie as characters just felt a tad flat and sometimes it was as if the writer could not make up her mind as to their personalities. Especially Charlie. Charlie was a mid thirties closeted detective who had his share of death and crime. But his interaction with Titus was like a besotted teen. And Titus was Charlie's 1st man, really?! Then towards the last 1/3 or so, part of the story was bogged down by scientific info overload. And as for the killer identity it was so obvious to this reader and when his motives were revealed it was just the same old same old. I also have problem with the way the story was told, with Titus as 1st person alternating with Charlie as 3rd person. Titus' narration got me absorbed into the story but when the story switched to Charlie's 3rd person viewpoint, I was just less engaged as a reader. And of course the romance was the usual instant thing but that I could overlook as this was foremost a crime mystery. The writer hinted a sequel. As I like my ghosts, murders and mysteries I might follow the series but not a must.

The Lightning-Struck Heart
The Lightning-Struck Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars Love every page of this craziness!, July 26, 2015
This is so freaking-crazy-hilarious-funny. Love every minute of the over 9500 locations. If you are this writer's fan do not miss this one. It is Klune at his frenzy best. Just-freaking-amazing. Love Gary and Sam.

Sunset Lake
Sunset Lake
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Not about to forget this one anytime soon. Great book, July 21, 2015
This review is from: Sunset Lake (Kindle Edition)
This is one book I am not about to forget anytime soon, if at all, and that is saying a lot since I say the same about my favorite books. It is however not a story I will reread because of the revelation of the murderer and the ending which I found so tragically sad and wished it wasn't so. But please do not let this point from deterring you from reading it. Very well done murder mystery with a heartwarming romance weaved in. The reverend has a wonderful and engaging voice and all the supporting characters are equally wonderfully depicted. If you have read this writer 's works you will know he is great at comedies even if I did not enjoy some of his humor. Here the humor scattered about provided the relief and light heartedness very much needed. Still as I came to the end I just felt heavy hearted but well done John Inman.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20