Profile for R.Parklane > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1461

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

R.Parklane RSS Feed (Hong Kong)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
One Constant
One Constant
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 24, 2015
This review is from: One Constant (Kindle Edition)
This one packed so much in less than 100 pages. Suspenseful, heartwarming, unique and even touchingly romantic in a way. So glad the sequel is out.

For Real: A Spires Story
For Real: A Spires Story
Price: $7.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Unconvincing, too much sex and too darn long, June 7, 2015
Too much sex, the writer just overdid it. The story was too darn long with too much rambling to and fro. Too much on the relations side and not enough plot to keep this reader interested. And some self indulgence by the writer naturally. I love May December relationship but this one was just unconvincing. Forget about the BDSM aspect as it is laughable that the needs of an experienced sub like Laurie could really be fulfilled by a spring chicken like Toby. Theirs was really a romance with some kinks kicked in. Believe me Toby was no Dom! The beginning was promising but the characters soon started to unravel with Laurie behaving nothing like a jaded and world weary doctor he was suppose to be. Laurie came across like a young fool who just got dumped by his first love as the story progressed. Toby was fine until the last part. Guess the writer was trying to give us non stereotype Dom/Sub roles but this reader was far from convinced. And now to dig into my pile of MMs for a normal Dom/sub couple to satisfy my sudden craving for a true BDSM relation.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 8, 2015 5:33 PM PDT

Aleksey's Kingdom (A Royal Affair Book 2)
Aleksey's Kingdom (A Royal Affair Book 2)
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic writing!, June 3, 2015
This is a marvellous follow-up and even better than book 1. I love the writing as both very intriguing MCs and the exciting and original plot kept me engrossed till the very end. The pace just kept on building and I was literally at the edge of my seat as they confronted the evil which was absolute and believable. I love Nikolai's narration and it is wondrous to observe the mercurial Aleksey through his eyes. This couple is just wonderful, their love, fears, pain and doubt palpable. The writer need to give us more of this couple's story and adventure in this primitive New World. Please!

Fire and Ice (Carlisle Cops Book 2)
Fire and Ice (Carlisle Cops Book 2)
Price: $5.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done., May 30, 2015
I am surprised by how much I like this as I have ignored this writer's books for years. Very touching in parts. Child abuse is not an easy read but the writer pulled it off "gently" and I like how Alex's plight pulled the two guys together. I commend the writer on Alex's character as this little boy just melts my heart. The two MCs are likeable and credible. For once I am not annoyed with the almost instant love thing as the plot keeps me engrossed. The little twist towards the end is too good to be true but hey they deserve it. Good story.

Starting With the Unexpected
Starting With the Unexpected
Price: $5.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Rather bland., May 29, 2015
Ok I enjoy a light romance and dread contrived angst. But the plot in this one is just too simple and the characters forgettable. A pity because the writing does flow smoothly. Better if this is a novella as it gets boring by mid book.

Battlecry
Battlecry
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, May 28, 2015
This review is from: Battlecry (MP3 Music)
Just three words. I love this. Such a great compilation and my head is filled with knights, battles and sacrifices while listening to this. I enjoy all the tracks and my favorites are Star Sky, Victory, Never Back Down, Release Me, Battleborne, Flight of the Sliver Bird, Unforgiven, Rise Above.

Lonely Shore (Chaos Station Book 2)
Lonely Shore (Chaos Station Book 2)
Offered by Harlequin Digital Sales Corp.
Price: $3.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb continuation. So much hearts and emotions., May 27, 2015
Amazing continuation. I was so vested in the two MCs, Zed and Flick. This one is even better than the 1st book. The writing was superb be it world building in an intriguing universe or the tightly paced engrossing plot or the roller coaster emotional ride experienced by the two MCs. This one has so much emotions, feelings so real, honest, intense, poignant and deeply touching, just wonderful writing from the hearts. I got all teary eyed in so many scenes as my heart just ached for both Zed and Flick. These two writers really went for the heart and guts. Good thing the blurb of the 3rd book was available and I know these two will come out fine at the end of the 2nd book! If not I don't think I can stand the waiting until October for the 3rd book. As for the supporting cast of Qek, Elias and Ness they are just as well developed and likable. This is just superb. One little niggle is why was Zed always the bottom in their sex scenes..

The Lion and the Crow
The Lion and the Crow
Price: $3.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Not likely to forget this one anytime soon.., May 26, 2015
Sorry, Spoiler below but I just wish to express my view about the ending..

I really enjoy this one even though I did skim through the sex scenes (a habit nowadays and nothing to do with the writing). Both MCs are very likable especially Christian who is the real hero of the story. The plot kept me engrossed, right until the end which left me speechless and teary eyed. If you have read the spoiler provided by one of the 3 stars reviewers you will understand. I didn't and did not see the ending coming because I am so used to the usual MM romance genre ending. Maybe I might not have picked this up if I have known. But I am glad I did not because this story deserved to be read and the ending only made it more impactful and both MCs unforgettable. I have to say it was a fitting ending because this is a medieval story and both heroes are Knights and there could not be a better ending for our two heroes. My only consolation is I went straight to the last part of "A taste of Copper" to cheer myself up.

Like A One-Eyed Cat
Like A One-Eyed Cat
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this one, April 16, 2015
This one packs a lot in 81 pages. Wonderful characters, a heartwarming romance, a credible setting with a touch of melancholy and a little mystery. Love the interaction between Jimmy and the Boss and between Jimmy and the one eyed cat. Love Marcus tenderness as he slowly but surely won Jimmy's heart. But most of all love Jimmy as I want just the best for this wounded soul. Wish this is a novel.

Doubleback
Doubleback
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Formulaic and nothing new, April 12, 2015
This review is from: Doubleback (Kindle Edition)
Read this if you wish to get your monthly subscription worth under kindle unlimited. Save your few bucks if you have read a lot in this genre. Predictable plot and familiar characters with their snarling, misunderstanding and reconciliation. At least the sex is reined in. In short it has all been done before. It was as if the writer borrowed the plot from somewhere...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20