Profile for David Fox > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 3

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David Fox RSS Feed

BurstFit FIRE: Dr. Josh Axe's DVD Workout Program
BurstFit FIRE: Dr. Josh Axe's DVD Workout Program
Offered by Burstfit
Price: $47.97

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised, May 31, 2014
I am in my 40s and trying to get fit, before I get too apathetic in life and just let myself go. When buying this, I had a fair idea of what to expect, but I am delighted at how simple the program is, and how much I like it. Like any exercise routine, you have to pick up the exercises unique to this program, but these are simple and easy to learn. What I REALLY like is that, for each routine, you take the easy-to-learn moves and then do the routine three times in a row. It keeps things hopping and changing, but without the escalating complexity that I have sometimes encountered with other exercise programs. It makes it SO much easier to focus on one's form and on exercising, rather than getting distracted trying to remember the choreography. And I have no doubt that this is effective. Maybe I AM an old fart, already, but I can't even finish the routine, most of the time... SO FAR. Josh and Chelsea are motivating and encouraging, and I haven't even considered giving up. The burst fit method employs a lot of tiny breaks, which I need! But I am just as worn out as ever when I am finished, and can feel a huge difference already, having started just a short time ago. I am really happy with this product.

Breakthrough
Breakthrough
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous distraction, October 11, 2013
This review is from: Breakthrough (Kindle Edition)
I needed an escape, and this book fit the bill perfectly. The comparisons of others with Clive Kussler are apt, but you also have to add a well-blended, healthy dose of science fiction. The characters are instantly likeable... except the ones that aren't, and they are over-the-top irritating, but because you know they are a little too close to reality. The dolphins are my favorite characters, though, and are treated realistically [sic], or at least believably --- you WANT dolphins to really be like this! Overall, a really fun read that I couldn't put down.

Tarzan of the Apes
Tarzan of the Apes

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the movies!, January 22, 2011
If you are expecting Tarzan to be an inarticulate meat-head who never gets past a three-year-old's grasp of English (and never wears more than a loin cloth), you will be pleasantly surprised by the real McCoy, as originally conceived by ERB. Having grown up on Hollywood's version of the legend, I was amazed to meet the original character: a very intelligent, three-dimensional person who defies efforts to pigeon-hole him. From the very start, when he teaches himself how to read English, and then learns fluent French before even leaving the jungle, I was continually wondering why no one ever took advantage of this complexity in the movies. Tarzan of Greystoke came the closest, but even that pales next to the portrayal in the book. I also loved that Jane is a southern belle: another surprise (and ironic, with the Greystoke movie's dubbing-over of Andie MacDowell's [southern-accented] voice). At the climax of the book, you find Tarzan driving a car and other 'civilized' activities, but he still ends up swinging on vines through the forest... in a three-piece suit! Images like that had me cracking up, and makes this book such a fun read. If you would like a quick and entertaining adventure story that turns your pre-conceived notions upside-down, then definitely give this a try!