Profile for Coug Moog > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 198

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Coug Moog "s_gil" RSS Feed (York, PA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Topeak Joe Blow Sport II Floor Pump
Topeak Joe Blow Sport II Floor Pump
Price: $39.23
23 used & new from $39.23

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far, So Good, May 18, 2015
Every bicycling household needs a floor pump. There are better ones out there, and there are cheaper ones out there.

But I have not fount a better floor pump cheaper. The Joe Blow Sport does its job well, the metal valve head works well and appears durable, and the built in pressure gauge is accurate.

This pump replaced a Schwinn floor pump that must be rated as do not buy. It began to fail within a month and was unusable after 3 months.

Joe Blow has been in faithful service now starting his second season. Works like new. A good sign.

We'll see if it is still working in 5 years.

VIVE Suction Cup Reacher Grabber - 32" Extra Long Heavy Duty Mobility Aid - Mechanical Tool for Easy Lightbulb Remover, iPad Pick Up, Kitchen Shelves, Litter Picker, Trash / Garbage, Dishware, Garden Nabber, Long Handled Extender - LIFETIME GUARANTEE

3.0 out of 5 stars Others are better., May 11, 2015
This is built with similar quality and form to some other grabbers out there. It is tough and should last a long time.

But it does not perform its intended function as well as some others. I'm going back to my favorite brand.

A Stillness at Appomattox: The Army of the Potomac Trilogy
A Stillness at Appomattox: The Army of the Potomac Trilogy
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $13.10

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite Civil War History, May 3, 2015
My mother told me thirty years ago I'd be reading these. She was right. I inherited her first edition set (well, set of first editions). But for reading I got the Kindle edition.

The Army of the Potomac series is a must in the education of any American. Do yourself a favor and put it on your reading list.

[Apple MFi Certified] iOrange-E™ 6.6ft (2M) [Tangle-Free] Lightning Cable, 8-Pin Lightning USB Charge & Data Sync Braided Cable with Aluminum Shell Connectors for iPhone 6/6 Plus/5S/5C/5, iPad Air, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini, iPad Mini with Retina Display, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation ,Silver
Offered by Every Boutique
Price: $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Juice For The Back Seat, May 3, 2015
nice, long, HIGH QUALITY cable that is 100% Apple compatible for less money than Apple charges for its crappy cables.

Caveat: has a larger plug than OEM cables and will not work with many cases. My minimalist Spigen has no problem but if you are running a Pelican or Lifeproof etc. then you'll have have to charge with OEM gear.

roocase iPad Air 2 Case - Optigon 3D iPad Air 2 2014 Slim Shell Case Smart Cover - with Sleep / Wake Function [Features Landscape and Typing Stand] for Apple iPad 6 Air 2 (2014) 6th Generation Latest Model, Black
Offered by PC Micro Store
Price: $12.98
3 used & new from $8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain At Twice The Price, May 3, 2015
This case does everything the Apple Smart Case does. It is thin and light and tough, fits the iPad Air 2 perfectly, magnetically sleeps and wakes the device and keeps everything light while providing great protection.

I have had it in constant use since November, and it still looks, feels and performs like new.

I would buy this case over and over again.

OGIO Bandit 17 Day Pack, Large, Blizzard
OGIO Bandit 17 Day Pack, Large, Blizzard
Price: $53.99
6 used & new from $53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me, March 27, 2015
I don't know what kind of 17" notebooks these other reviewers have. My 17" Dell fits fine. Lining is soft and padded, giving good protection. There's a great mix of external zippered compartments and internal pockets.

I travel extensively. I need defined compartments/pockets for power supply, mouse, iPad, iPhone, USB chargers and lightning cables, mouse batteries, sunglasses, prescription meds, business cards, a padfolio, and an emergency change of clothing. Hat/gloves a bonus.

IT ALL FITS IN THIS BACKPACK, and it still fits under an airline seat. The Blizzard color scheme is always the only one on the plane. Nobody grabs my bag by mistake.

Materials and construction have proven top notch. If I could add one feature it would be a flat fabric loop on the face between the shoulder straps for sliding the backpack onto the extended handle of wheeled luggage.

The water bottle pocket works well for 20 ounce bottles or less. There is an elastic loop that you can cinch down on your bottle to hold it in place.

I shopped every brand of laptop backpack before settling on this model. It has exactly the amount of room and features I need, it is a unique, easy to spot color, and fits under an airplane seat.

You can get bigger or smaller, plainer or fancier. This one is absolutely the perfect size and model for my needs.

RHA MA750i Noise Isolating Premium In-Ear Headphone with Remote and Microphone - 3 Year Warranty
Price: $129.95
50 used & new from $74.79

5.0 out of 5 stars My New Go-To Headset, March 10, 2015
If you look through my reviews you will find a headphone junkie. I have many. My favorite lightweight is the Sony XBA single driver with iPhone controls. Cheap, tiny, sounds great. Weaker bass though.

I have many that match or exceed the price of this RHA headset. I listen to them all the time. But when I'm out, I usually have this RHA headset putting the tunes into my skull.

Why? Because it is tough, it works well, it sounds great and it's comfortable for hours. A great combination. Do I have better sounding headphones? Yes. But they are expensive and not as obviously tough as these. They are indoor phones. These are go-anywhere phones.

Most of my headsets didn't need burn in. These can benefit from some time playing. They sound a lot more precise after a couple months' use. They sound good out of the box though.

If you are looking for industrial strength go anywhere headphones that sound great, here you go.

Zoom iQ7 Condenser Microphone
Zoom iQ7 Condenser Microphone
Price: $99.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Sound Upgrade For iPhone Video, February 28, 2015
Like many out there, I have the Tascam 30 pin stereo mic. It was about 20 bucks, and is a huge bargain at that price. But landscape video is out of the question.

This mic, an improvement on Zoom's IQ5, allows proper l-r stereo when recording video in proper landscape mode. It will cost you more than the old Tascam, but it actually does a job the Tascam will not do.

The mics are decent quality, nothing special. A decent hand rig with a shock mount is highly recommended if you want to get the most out of your iPhone's video capability and the IQ7's sound abilities. Stereo recording is a must, and this will do it for you for a hundred bucks.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2015 1:17 PM PDT

Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear - Black (Apple iOS version)
Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear - Black (Apple iOS version)
Price: $99.95
35 used & new from $70.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Spot Found., February 13, 2015
I have IEM dementia. Spent hundreds if not thousands looking for iphone headsets that work for me. I've had Monsters, Shures, Etymōtics, Audio-Technicas, Sonys, JVCs, multiples of some of these brands and many others.

For exercise you need something that is cheap, lays down a good beat, has low cord noise and stays put in your ears. Because you are going to beat on them. I like Nixon Micro Blaster phones. I can find them on eBay for around $16 shipped. Their over-ear cords keep the noise down and stay put. Sound is great for something so cheap.

For airline travel, train commuting, or lawn mowing/snow blowing, you need seriously damped sound isolation. I like Etymōtic's HF3 for these times. They feature a truly fine sounding single balanced armature design and hands down the best microphone in the Apple headphone industry. And their true deep insertion design allows real near total physical sound isolation. Not for use when you need awareness of stuff going on around you.

For compromise use in just about any situation, I have preferred Sony's XBA1i single balanced Armature model, which is now discontinued but can still be found NOS for under $30. A very fine inexpensive headset with refined sound and light compact design. Lacking in deep bass like the Etymōtic but sounds just beautiful anyway.

I have left the Sonys home for these new Senns. The Momentum in-ears have surprisingly balanced frequency response for a dynamic design. Fast and engaging midrange and acceptable highs. Best sounding dynamic IEM I have, better than my much-loved metal bodied JVC Micro HD Carbon Nanotube Japan imports.

And very solid bass without overplaying it like those ridiculously tuned Beats. I have some very expensive 4-driver Sony balanced armature phones and these sound as good in most aspects for a third of the price. Sony's hybrid BA/dynamic designs deliver more engaging sound but boy do you pay for it and they're HUGE. Ditto JVC's multi-driver dynamics.

What Sennheiser has done in this $100 package is deliver a headset that sounds wonderful and is an acceptable compromise of the virtues discussed above such that if you only want to own one pair of headphones this Momentum IEM is a strong contender. Excellent small size, comfortable shape,decent shallow-insertion isolation, beautiful sound with great bass, good cable, mic and remote, durable construction.

All for the market sweet spot price of a hundred bucks and worth every penny.

Some aftermarket Comply-type foam tips can improve isolation still further if you wish, and there are triple flange insertion tips out there that will turn these guys into true isolation stars. I don't like either of those options and find the included silicone tips to work great.

In short, these are great, bone stock right out of the box. If you are so interested that you are reading customer reviews, consider this a full-throated endorsement from a true IEM junkie.

My new all-around favorite. The Sony single BA is relegated to listening in bed. I still recommend it, but these have real bass, stay put better, are far better built and more comfortable.

Total win. Best IEM I've ever tried from Sennheiser.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2015 8:01 AM PDT

Mopnado Foldable Spin Mop LIME Compact design folds up to 10 cube now includes bonus Scrub Brush
Offered by Marlow's Mercantile
Price: $49.99
2 used & new from $44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mop for mud room, kitchen and bath, February 6, 2015
The "salad spinner" mop is not a gimmick. It really does help you get your floors cleaner and is usable on all types of hard floors including expensive hardwood you want to clean without water seeping into joints.

This one is a minor step up in construction and durability over the one you see on tv with the plastic foot pedal that looks like it will be the first thing to break. I've used this mop for two months now on every square inch of hard flooring in my house and it has performed better than any other mop or wet jet thing I've tried. If you mop everything weekly, you will only need cleaners in the water occasionally.

When mopping up spills, this thing shines. It can soak up a huge amount of crud, release it in the bucket, come back to the spill damp and clean up the rest. By far the most time consuming step in spill cleanup is filling your bucket.

Most of the time I only use white vinegar in my mop water but there's nothing wrong with a little pine sol with this mop. You can spin as little or as much mop water out as you want before hitting the floor.

I also have a large bay window behind a sectional sofa with big horizontal blinds that need to be dusted occasionally. The second microfiber head is what I use on that handle to get to those blinds without having to move the couch. Hallelujah, it works. Overhead dusting can be done with this mop. Just understand the shape limits the spaces it will fit. It still works for me. I put it in a bucket of clean water after initial dusting, spin the heck out of it so it's almost dry, then go over the dusty trouble spots again.

Heads are machine washable and reasonably inexpensive.

There are more expensive spin mops out there for commercial duty, and cheaper ones too. This one seems to hit the sweet spot: a mop and bucket that doesn't cost much more than a standard mop and bucket but outperforms the heck out of them.

I'm sold on spinner mops. This one has been good so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20