Profile for Coug Moog > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 185

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Coug Moog "s_gil" RSS Feed (York, PA, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Sony XBA4IP iPhone/iPod 4-Driver Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
2 used & new from $175.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best iPhone Headphones I've Ever Used, November 6, 2014
lucky me, these fit my outer ear as if they were custom fit. I've been a big fan of Sony's hybrid ear tips since they were introduced but never heard a pair of Sonys I wanted to own until now.

I own phones from Etymōtic (a favorite), JVC, Ultimate Ears, AKG, Audio Technica, Hifiman, Monster, Sennheiser, Incase and others. Since my phone has become my go-to music player, I've gravitated to high efficiency IEMs with iOS inline remote.

Of that group, these Sonys are clearly the best for music. For calls, Etymōtic has that superior mic.

I have Sony's XBA-2ip and several of their 1ip buds, which are the best balanced armature deal on the market now and the best sound per dollar you can probably buy right now. They're discontinued so buy 'em up while you can.

Back to the 4 driver Sonys. Quick rundown: fine isolation with hybrid ear tips. You can get better noise isolation with a pair of Etymōtics but you have to jam them halfway into your head. Comfort on these, even with their bulky housing, is great. Sony should not have discontinued these but made them available with a custom ear mold.

Sound is as clear as the single driver XBA-1ip but with more sparkling highs and much deeper, more solid bass. You can listen to these at quite moderate levels to great enjoyment. They can go very loud if you wish to deafen yourself but there is no need. They just sound beautiful.

For calls, the mic is above average and the controls all work right.

Which brings me to my main concern here: durability. Any pair of headphones with a retail price of over $200 should come with a detachable, user replaceable cable. These do not, so when the cable fails you're hosed.

I guarantee when that happens, I will be pulling out the EarPods from an old iPhone box, some heat shrink tube and solder, snipping the pods off the ends and DIY'ing some Frankenbuds.

These are way too good to toss when the cable goes bad.

Parts Express Mini Stereo Lightweight Headphones with 4 ft. Cord
Parts Express Mini Stereo Lightweight Headphones with 4 ft. Cord
Offered by Parts Express
Price: $1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Parts Express should market just the headband...but Koss might get upset., November 4, 2014
Perfect lightweight, acoustically transparent and COMFORTABLE replacement for Koss Sportapro headband.

Simply pop the Parts Express speakers off and put them in the garbage where they belong, and replace them with the drivers from your Koss Sportapro headset.

Bingo: a cheap lightweight over-the-head pair of headphones that is comfortable, doesn't look too dorky and sounds good.

If you really want to get into modding your Sportapro drivers further, look into removing material from the grills. It really opens up the sound.

Sony XBA-1IP - 1 Driver Balanced Armature Headset for Apple
Sony XBA-1IP - 1 Driver Balanced Armature Headset for Apple
Offered by Robert`s Fojjer
Price: $36.90
17 used & new from $17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Sounding At Any Price, October 23, 2014
As a point of reference, my home cans are Sennheiser HD650s driven by a very nice sounding Creek amplifier.

I buy a lot of portable headphones for the iPhone. I have a few pricey ones like a pair of Etymōtic ER4s with custom ear molds and a very fine sounding pair of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi multi-driver balanced armature IEMs that have a ton of bass.

I have had dozens of inexpensive IEMs from just about every manufacturer in the sub-$100 market. Dollar for dollar, JVC's carbon nanotube Micro HD buds are outstanding like most of their Micro HD line. I've had Monster Turbines, Beats (too tipped up in the bass department), AKGs, Denons, Klipsch Image phones (pretty good value there), and an endless parade of small manufacturers' buds.

These are not tipped-up bass monsters. If they were, I'd have no use for them. If you like accuracy with a dash of smoothness at an amazingly low price, the Sony single driver BA buds are your friend.

The tiny size of this model makes them ultra comfortable for hours of fatigue free listening. Listen to your classical or jazz favorites on these and you'll understand why I like them so much. They make a very good seal with Sony's hybrid tips and that seal really helps the bass. I can listen for a long time at low volume with these and their non-fatiguing sound and shape is a joy.

Sony has discontinued their BA only line so you have to get their hybrids if you want these nice BA drivers. A limited number of this budget model are left in old stock. When they're gone, they're gone. The hybrids have hella bass and sound very good but they are quite expensive. I would get a couple pairs of these while you can. I did.

Bottom line: I can't believe you can get IEMs of this quality, with inline iOS remote, for under $40. Just amazing value for money.

Oregon (3 Pack) Replacement Edger Blade 10" Long 1/2 Center Hole # 40-131-3pk
Oregon (3 Pack) Replacement Edger Blade 10" Long 1/2 Center Hole # 40-131-3pk
Offered by Buckeye Tool Supply
Price: $16.99
2 used & new from $16.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough, Durable Quality, October 19, 2014
I use and recommend Oregon blades for lawn equipment. I go through about three edger blades per season, or at least I did. The steel in these Oregon blades looks and feels the same as the stuff I've been putting on my Power Trim edger for years.

But now, it is October and I've only changed edger blades once this year. Oh, it needs changed now, but I think I'll make do with the nub of the first Oregon blade for the final mowings of the season, then put a new blade on to be ready for spring.

So I now have these three replacement blades for the single Oregon blade I bought last May. I may have enough edger blade now for the next TWO seasons.

iPhone 6 Case, Spigen® [Non-Slip] [Perfect-Fit] iPhone 6 (4.7) Case Slim **NEW** [Fit Series] [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium SF Coated Non Slip Surface with Excellent Grip Matte Hard Case - ECO-Friendly Packaging - Slim Case for iPhone 6 (4.7) (2014) - Smooth Black (SGP10936)
Offered by Spigen Inc
Price: $11.99
2 used & new from $11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars They are just awesome. Went with Spigen because they always have nice ..., October 19, 2014
Arrived before my iPhone 6 did. I always get an inexpensive slim case for my phone and then put a peel-and-stick steel plate on the back for my magnetic phone holders. I have those at my desk, my car and by my bed. They are just awesome.

Went with Spigen because they always have nice tight tolerances that give the phone a perfect fit with no sliding around.

If you're looking for a great-fitting slim case for iPhone 6, this one works very well.

WAXED VERY THIN DRESS ROUND Fire Red 32 inch Shoelaces 1 Pair pack
WAXED VERY THIN DRESS ROUND Fire Red 32 inch Shoelaces 1 Pair pack
Offered by OrthoStep
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Shoelaces, October 19, 2014
Good looking red in my chocolate suede chukkas. Goes great with olive socks.

These laces not only look good but their waxed weave makes them stay put when I tie them.

I will buy more colors.

Cotton Jersey Open-Bottom Pants, Black Tall-L
Cotton Jersey Open-Bottom Pants, Black Tall-L
Offered by KingSize
Price: $39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars For those in Rio Linda: Jersey Knit Isn't Fleece, October 19, 2014
People, THESE ARE NOT SWEATS! KingSize markets many different styles, colors, designs and weights of sweatpants. If you wanted sweats, why did you buy a pair of jersey-knit pants?

Anybody home in there?

And then, to show off your lack of cerebral acuity to the world, you post a one-star review of these "sweatpants."

My review is not actually five stars. It's more like three because of the low quality of the jersey knit fabric in question. Find a better supplier with just a bit more heft to your jersey knit, KingSize, and you have at least a four star product here.

I put five stars to balance out the 1-star intellect who posted his complaint about these "sweatpants."

Command Small Cord Clips, Clear, 8-Clip
Command Small Cord Clips, Clear, 8-Clip
Price: $3.88
43 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Renters Take Note!, October 17, 2014
We recently sold our home and went back to being renters. After having built in a couple of home theaters, I was worried about having my accustomed experience without being able to drill through walls. Luckily the room getting the treatment has crown moldings which were easily removed to hide long runs of surround sound wiring. But there are still some sections of wiring runs that remain exposed.

These clips, coupled with Monoprice's excellent OFC clear-jacketed wire, give me very unobtrusive exposed runs which can then be camouflaged behind plants, wall hangings and furniture.

They work wonderfully and inexpensively.

I will recommend this solution to anyone whose wall drilling options are limited.

Crucial M550 512GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal Solid State Drive CT512M550SSD1
Price: Click here to see our price
71 used & new from $254.19

5.0 out of 5 stars What An Excellent SSD, October 17, 2014
This is Crucial's latest mass market SSD. It is very, very fast, much faster than their previous offerings in the category. You lose a couple gigs of raw capacity to provide this blazing speed.

I really doubt you'll miss that space. I used this drive to rejuvenate my desktop replacement style Asus notebook. It has twin quad core i7 processors and was still getting bogged down by a full c drive.

So now the hard drive is relegated to media storage and this excellent drive is the booting heart of the system. Windows 7 boot time, from bios loadup to desktop stability, has gone from several minutes to under. ten. seconds.

As of 2014, there is a short list of half terabyte SSDs you should consider for your computer upgrade. The Crucial M550 definitely makes that list.

Excellent performance and excellent value. I am willing to spend extra for better performance but with the M550 I don't have to. If the M550 performs for you as it has for me, prepare to be, in Jony Ive's clichéd phrase, "surprised and delighted."

Ratio Rite Premix Gas Fuel Oil Mixer Mixing 2-Stroke Measuring Cup With Lid
Ratio Rite Premix Gas Fuel Oil Mixer Mixing 2-Stroke Measuring Cup With Lid
Offered by MotoPlanet
Price: $9.79
3 used & new from $9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential homeowner's tool., September 17, 2014
Doesn't every homeowner's garage have one of these on a shelf? Essential for your blowers, trimmers, clippers, chainsaws and any other blue smokers you have.

Best tool for gas/oil mix I have found.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19