Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro
Profile for PorpoiseHork > Reviews

Browse

PorpoiseHork's Profile

Customer Reviews: 75

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PorpoiseHork RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
FunimationNow
FunimationNow
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Funimation reeeealy knocked out of the park with this turd, June 21, 2016
This review is from: FunimationNow (App)
So just like the many others have reported, this updated app is utter crap. Not a single video will play on it. I tested it on my fire HD 7, HDX 7, and my kid's 5th gen fire 7. Guess what it didn't work on a single one of them. I should have known Funimation's attention to detail was spot on when it took three days for the app to accept my updated credentials. After that I settle down for a show and it crashes. Ok...well everyone's apps crash at some point. Try to log in and guess what? That's right, it wouldn't accept my password again. Two days go by an finally I can log in again. I attempted yet again to watch Assassination Classroom and this pile of worthless code only plays 1 second of the video and stops. I tested 12 different shows same thing. Then I try it on my other kindle and all presented the same issues as with the HDX...

Come on Funimation get your act together and fix it...

Zinus 14 Inch Elite SmartBase Mattress Foundation for Big & Tall Extra Strong Support/Platform Bed Frame/Box Spring Replacement/Sturdy/Quiet Noise Free/Non-Slip, Twin
Price: $99.00
3 used & new from $99.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking for a easy store bedframe? Don't skimp, this is the one to get., June 3, 2016
About a year ago I purchased a different folding frame for a slightly less expensive model than this one. Worst mistake I have made when it comes to a setup for a bed. Every night I would have to ensure the folding legs were straight and then it would still wobble when laying down. Then there's the squeaking and creaking it made.. Every little movement caused it to squeak or creak, so much so that I used no less than 20 zipties to restrict the movement of the fold-able legs, and I would still have to straighten them nightly. I was at my wits end with it.

So I bought this frame, and first thing I noticed is how much better the construction is compared to the other model. While it does fold up for easy storage this frame uses solid steel bars that lock down with wing-nuts. This effectively locks all the legs and the center folding point in place and absolutely eliminates movement. The tolerances for these lock bars is so tight that I had t bit of a struggle locking the last two down, and I'm no weakling.

I have been using this frame for about a month now and absolutely love it. It's still just as solid as the day I set it up. It doesn't make a single squeak, creak or rattle. I have tried to get it to move or make a sound even with some over energetic extra curricular activities and this frame took all of it and remained silently solid throughout. Even my psycho downstairs neighbor who is forever banging on the ceiling over the slightest of noises has stopped over the installation of this frame.

Seachem Purigen 100ml
Seachem Purigen 100ml
Price: $8.80
29 used & new from $3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is incredible!!!, June 3, 2016
This review is from: Seachem Purigen 100ml (Misc.)
I have been fighting an ongoing issue with tannins after adding a large piece of African Mopani to my 45 gallon fresh water tank. Even after 2 dozen boiling sessions and soaking for 3 months it still was leaching and staining my aquarium water a nice tea color. I tried multiple 50+% water changes, specialty charcoal filter bags, Chemi-Pure and all for naught. Nothing I tried made any difference to the tank. So Enter Purigen, based on its claim to polish water. I was dubious to how effective it would be given nothing else had made any difference. My skepticism was not reduced when I got this product and opened the bag to see the tiny pouch contained within. But seeing as it was inexpensive and the reviews proved to be favorable I said what the heck and added it to my filter. I placed it in between my existing charcoal pouch and ceramic rings since there want not a way to place it to replace the charcoal pouch and completely cover the foam pre-filter. I left the Purigen to do its thing overnight. Fast forward to the morning, and was amazed when I was greeted with a near crystal clear tank. In 10 hours this tiny 100ML pouch of white polymer beads has managed to remove enough tannins in my water that it went from a medium tea brown tank to almost sparklingly clear.. I wouldn't believe how good it looks now. I am 100% sold on this product and its ability to clean the water in record time. My only complaint is the size and shape of the pouch that this specific quantity comes in. It's near square when my filter media is rectangular in shape. So In order to get proper coverage over the foam block I will have to buy a different pouch with similar water flow and move the beads over to it. This is nothing to the incredible performance Purigen has shown to have.

Arnold Trimline Maxi-Edge Commercial Grade String Trimmer Line - .08-Inch x 140-Feet
Price: $6.66
18 used & new from $2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst trimmer line I have ever attempted to use., June 1, 2016
By far this is the worst line I have ever attempted to use in my weed trimmer. It is the same size as mine is rated for but it caused me more fits than I care to put up with. First time winding it the string snagged on itself and refused to feed more line. Thus causing me to stop and pull the head off and restring it. Then this line decided it would feed when I bumped, but instead of a measured amount, oh no it spit our a full 8 inches of line out each hole. This immediately wrapped itself around the drive shaft. This leads me to third time I had to stop and re-string it.. I started the trimmer up and it ran fine for all of 30 seconds until I throttled up and the line spat itself out without bumping the head, wrapped itself around the drive shaft of the trimmer, yet again, only this time it snagged on itself and wrapped so tightly around the trimmer shaft that it killed the engine. This leads me to having to spend near 15 minutes removing the ensnared line. After that I immediately tossed this line in a box and initiated a refund and went to Home Depot and got some Rhino line and have not had another issue.

HOTCOLOR 8 Pack Compatible ink cartridge replacement FOR Brother LC207XXL LC205XXL (2 Black, 2Cyan, 2Magenta, 2Yellow, 8 Pack) For use in MFC-J4620DW,MFC-J4320DW,MFC-J4420DW
Offered by Hotcolor
Price: $35.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A ton of ink for a great price., June 1, 2016
Perfect match for OEM at a much reduced price. The printer accepts these with no issue and color is great on them.

Jungle Shuffle
Jungle Shuffle
DVD
Price: $9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont waste your time., May 26, 2016
This review is from: Jungle Shuffle (Amazon Video)
Very odd story and low budget animation makes for a pretty undesirable movie. Even my kids who adore talking animal movies didn't like it.

MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphone with Inline Microphone and Remote, Red
Price: $51.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive earbuds with amazing sound., January 6, 2016
I first got a set of these from a Massdrop opportunity and was absolutely blown away at how good they sound, so much so I bought a second set to keep at work and one for at home. I love that MEE Audi includes a very impressive selection of ear piece attachments with them. The first think I did was fire up the song "Cuban Pete" from The Mask, as it is widely known as a test track to fully test a speaker configuration's ability to reproduce the full spectrum of frequencies. The M-Duo's ability to produce impressive and powerful lows, mids and sharp and crisp highs is unmatched compared to every set of earbuds I have tried over the years, even besting my set of ATH-IM01 SonicPro's at their abilty to reproduce the full range of frequencies. I contribute this to the M-duo's having dual drivers and a cross over to filter the frequencies for each speaker. The unit construction is excellent with the machined aluminum housings that add just the right weight to the earbuds. Even the mic/play pause controller, and cable adjustment is made from aluminum a very nice touch over all.

Bottom line these earbuds have all the features I like, and only one small downside to them. While they made the audio jack a 90degree style it has this angled peg that sticks up past that tends to snag when pulling my phone out of my pocket while using them.

If you're looking for a set of earbuds that offer phenomenal sound reproduction with excellent build quality, give these a try.

Diamond VC500 USB 2.0 One Touch VHS to DVD Video Capture Device For Win7, Win8 and Win10
Price: $34.95
129 used & new from $34.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well but lacks W10 support and includes EOL software., January 6, 2016
So I got this to convert my original VHS copies of the Star Wars trilogy (no Lucas fiddling) and was kinda ticked when the provided software wouldn't let me copy them. What upset me the most about it was it clearly states the ability to back up all VHS tapes. And add insult to this ArcSoft is has designated ShowBiz as End OF Life now and thus no longer supporting it so you cannot expect any updates or any assistance from them should you encounter any issues with this software. I ultimately had to find a third party capture program to complete the job. The hardware installation is flaky with Windows 10 X64 but ultimately did install correctly. I also encountered some glitchiness with the hardware at first but that could be because the driver not fully supported in W10 and using a third party program, but once I got it dialed in the VC500 was able to do the job. If you're considering this capture program to encode your old retail videos, keep in mind that you will likely have to hunt for software that will allow you to do that.

Tetra 29137 Water Wonder Aquarium Kit, Black, 1.5 Gallons
Tetra 29137 Water Wonder Aquarium Kit, Black, 1.5 Gallons
Offered by PetsTek
Price: $28.55
19 used & new from $23.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good fish tank for the price., August 22, 2015
I purchased two of these tanks couple years ago from PetCo and one is still going strong. The second pump failed after 6 months but I replaced it with an alternate filter method that uses an air pump. The flow rate of the supplied system is just enough to filter the tank but not so much so that it bothers the Beta. It does a good job of keeping the water clear despite its low flow rate. I have had a few Cherry shrimp get sucked up into the pump inlet and think they should have included a safety grill cover or something for it to keep this from happening. The pump is silent so you almost forget its there. I do wish that Tetra would have made it detachable for easy cleaning as you do need to clean the pump out on occasion. The LED's were rather bright but over a couple years they have dimmed significantly and I just use a desk lamp for lighting instead. I have not looked to see if the light housing can be opened up so the LED's can be swapped out for new or brighter units.

One thing to keep in mind with this tank due to the low flow filter is the type and number of fish in the tank. You can safely keep 2-3 cleaner shrimp a mystery snail or other type of algae grazing snail in it and a fish that can thrive in low oxygen environments. The reason for this is the filter's low flow rate does not allow for much surface turbulence so not much Co2 is released from the tank. You can keep hardy live plants like a small to medium moss ball or any hardy live plant to increase O2 levels and to deal with some of the ammonia and nitrites that the shrimp and snails are unable to cope with. And as with any fish tank regular 25-50% weekly to biweekly water changes is a must. It is not advised to keep goldfish, mollies, or other dirty fish in this tank, again due to the filter's ability to cope with their waste output. If you do the filter will quickly be overwhelmed and the tank will cloud up fast.

Overall this tank is very good for the price and provided you get a good one you should be provided with years of reliable service. If you do have one with a failed pump, simply order a Small World filter by Penn-Plax with the included air pump (available on Amazon). This is what did for the other tank and have not had an issue. In fact I think it does a better job of filtration that the stock filter.

Daddy Was A Thief
Daddy Was A Thief
Price: $0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Gets old quick, August 17, 2015
This review is from: Daddy Was A Thief (App)
Dont be fooled by the slew of obviously fake 5 star ratings this game has managed to get. Daddy was a thief is a pseudo platformer style game where the main object is to descend as many levels as you can while avoiding the various obstacles along the way while collecting coins. The controls are simple and easy enough a 3 year old can master in seconds.the music is repetitive and the random levels lack any sort of real challenge. The game does keep you moving downward quite quickly with the ever increasing missiles being shot at you. Plus the graphics are not bad for a freemium type game. Ads are for short time played unobtrusive and o my seem to appear In between rounds. Sadly though the game's novelty wears off way to fast and you get bored very quickly. For me this was due to the serious lack of any real challenge.

I'm not saying its not a fun game or anything like that, just be aware that there's not much to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8