Profile for Brenda > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brenda RSS Feed

Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made
by Stephan Pastis
Price: $10.21
154 used & new from $0.16

5.0 out of 5 stars My 8 year old says it's "un-put-down-able", March 3, 2013
The book is in 60 chapters of a few pages each, so it's easy to read. But it has plenty of vocabulary building words (obscured, recidivism, etc.). I bought it for my 8 year old daughter who read it in one day.

I think it will depend on a kid's sense of humor whether they love the book or don't really "get it." The main character is basically a clueless weirdo. If your kid really loves comic strips or books like "Dork Diaries" I think they are really likely to love this book. My 12 year old daughter read a few pages and didn't care for it. I think kids as young as 5 who are strong readers might enjoy this book with some help from their parents.

(12x12) Inuyasha - 2013 Calendar
(12x12) Inuyasha - 2013 Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality calendar for fans, January 11, 2013
Gift for my 12 year old daughter who loves the series. She loves it. Two to three bold colors on each page with a drawing of a character from the series, similar to the cover shown: InuYasha, Kagome, Shipo (?), wind tunnel guy, etc. Nice quality - what you would expect in a calendar.

Elsewhere: A memoir
Elsewhere: A memoir
by Richard Russo
Price: $19.72
188 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Kept waiting for something interesting to happen, November 6, 2012
This review is from: Elsewhere: A memoir (Hardcover)
Read a few good reviews and thought the book would be a lot different than it actually was. I've read maybe 95% of it and don't plan to finish it. Good author, but the content is not that interesting.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 8, 2010
I used a collar like this (with a remote) for a few times with my beagle a few years ago, to stop him from going upstairs. My beagle likes to sleep outside, even though he is an inside dog - but the weather is unusually cold (below freezing) and I wanted him to sleep inside. He just barked all night. I bought this collar yesterday. When I put it around his neck, my beagle didn't even bark to test the collar, he must have recognized what it was and assumed it was a "behave" collar. He never barked once it was on his neck, and we all got to sleep through the night.

Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! (Magic Kingdom of Landover series Book 1)
Magic Kingdom for Sale--Sold! (Magic Kingdom of Landover series Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $7.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Characters are similar to TV show "2 1/2 Men", June 9, 2009
I think fans of the show "2 1/2 men" will like this book - but it is not a comedy.