Profile for anonymous > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

anonymous RSS Feed (Idaho, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
Neato XV-21 Pet & Allergy Automatic Vacuum Cleaner
Price: $259.99
33 used & new from $209.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Helpful... If & When It Works, September 7, 2014
2nd UPDATE: This update has to do with the $50 Visa card I was promised when I bought the Neato through Amazon in August, 2014. 4 months later and I still haven't received it. They confirm they received my rebate materials, which I sent in right after I bought the unit, and they acknowledge my rebate has been approved. Yet here we are 4 months later and they still haven't even shipped it. The rebate literature said I would receive it in 6-8 weeks.

UPDATE: My first unit displayed Error 0002 within 1 month. The unit wouldn't charge after that, so Neato sent me a replacement unit. They tried to make me pay to ship the unit back to them even though I had purchased it brand new only one month earlier, and it was still well within the warranty period. They finally relented and sent me a prepaid return shipping label along with the replacement unit. The first time I tried to use the replacement unit, the motor revved up and then immediately shut down. The display said the brush was stuck. How could a brand new brush be stuck when the vacuum hadn't even begun to clean the room? I removed the brush from the belt and then replaced it. The unit worked fine 3 times after that over the next week. The 4th time (tonight), I got the stuck brush error again. I've taken the brush off a bunch of times and can't find any reason why it would be stuck. Before the first unit died, I ran it every day for nearly a month, and not once did it tell me the brush was stuck. Also, I got tired of my first Neato getting stuck between my kitchen chairs so often that I finally moved 2 of them into another room. (I had 6 to start with.) That definitely helped, but once or twice it backed itself onto the molding and got stuck. Sheesh! I'm beginning to regret buying this thing.

MY ORIGINAL REVIEW:

The Neato XV-21 has been cleaning my living room and kitchen for about 2 weeks now. I have a basset hound that constantly sheds. She only has access to these 2 rooms while I'm at work, and this product is a great help keeping them clean. I have it programmed to clean every day at 2 pm, so when I get home these rooms have that freshly vacuumed look. I was surprised at how well it does in tight nooks and crannies between furnishings, potted plants, etc. I thought I'd have to keep my kitchen chairs stored on the table top for it to do a decent job, but that's not the case because the unit fits between the chair legs. It sometimes gets stuck, but it always frees itself by backing up and changing angles, and it has enough power to move the chairs an inch or so in order to do this. (My chairs sit on laminate flooring and have felt pads on the bottom of the legs. The legs are 15 3/4" apart at their narrowest.)

I initially wanted the unit to do a third room in my house, but I have 2 large shag rugs in that room and the unit didn't do well on them: when it rolled onto the rug, it immediately stopped; a moment later it reversed its direction and returned to an area it had previously cleaned. It did this several times, so it never ventured beyond one corner of the room. I now close off that room before I leave for work to keep the unit (and my dog) from going in there.

Besides the poor performance on the shag rugs, my only other disappointment with this product is that 3 times the unit has failed to return to its base after cleaning: one time I found it sitting in the middle of the room, and the LCD screen displayed a message asking me to clear its path even though there was nothing in its way (perhaps my dog had blocked its path at some point); and twice the unit stopped just inches short of the base before it ran out of power. This was surprising because neither my kitchen nor my living room is large. I suspect it happened because the vacuum sometimes goes over the same area more than once. I'm not too bothered by this, though, because I still come home to clean rooms.

Bottom line: This vacuum cleans my rooms about as well as I clean them when I use my upright vacuum. That is to say, it cleans where I clean with my upright vacuum most of the time. I don't normally move furniture or other items that permanently sit on the floor, so if my upright doesn't fit between these things then the floor doesn't get vacuumed; I'm just too lazy to bother with these areas on a weekly basis. I still use my regular vacuum to occasionally clean those hard-to-reach places, stairs and the second floor of my house. (I did have this vacuum clean under my bed one time because that's another area I don't clean very often. It easily fit under the bed frame, which is roughly 6 1/2" off the floor.) I highly recommend this product. Of course, it's only been 2 weeks, so I can't comment on its long-term performance yet.

Star Wars Sith Probe Droid Expansion Pack by Sideshow Collectibles
Star Wars Sith Probe Droid Expansion Pack by Sideshow Collectibles
Offered by Retinal Delights
Price: $22.99
13 used & new from $16.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice But Not Perfect, August 30, 2014
The probes and sandy base look great, but I wish the support posts were clear to convey the idea that the probes are hovering (or at least tan to blend with a sandy backdrop). A choice of posts would have been nice. This set has really come down in price. For what I paid for it when it first came out, I think the probes should include sound effects from the film (like Sideshow's Imperial Probe Droid does).

Sideshow Star Wars Imperial Probe Droid 1/6 Scale Figure
Sideshow Star Wars Imperial Probe Droid 1/6 Scale Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive But Overpriced With Inadequate Instructions, August 30, 2014
I got my Imperial Probe Droid directly from Sideshow this week. My first impression is that it's bigger than what I was expecting, especially with the antennas extended. I was hoping to add it to a curio cabinet that houses my 1/6 scale Star Wars figures, but it's simply too tall. Oh, well... I'll have to display it outside the cabinet. I was expecting it to be dark grey or the color of metal, but it's black with grey scuff marks. (Perhaps my memory of the old Kenner Probot is why I thought it would be grey.) It's also lighter than what I was expecting because it's made of hollow plastic. Anyway, the figure is highly detailed and looks nice with the Hoth base cover under it. There's lots of articulation in the legs, and the head and turret gun swivel. The light has 2 modes (white and yellow), and the sound effects are authentic to the film. Overall, it looks and sounds impressive.

There's definitely room for improvement, though. The instructions show you how to put the figure together and where the batteries are located, but they fail to point out where the separate on switches are for the light and sound effects. After consulting others' video reviews on Youtube, I finally found the on switches, but the product still wouldn't work. Then suddenly after 4 hours of the unit not working, the light and sound began to function. I don't know what I did to cause them to work, but thankfully everything is still working. The legs and body are numbered so you know where each leg is supposed to attach, but several small pieces don't attach well to the body because the holes their pegs are supposed to go into are either too small or too big: with the small holes, you have to carefully force pieces into them and hope they don't break; with the large holes, pieces fit so loosely that they sometimes fall off the body. I would have preferred a clear support post over the black one to convey the idea that the probe is hovering (or at least a white one to blend with a snowy backdrop). Another option would have been to include a couple of different posts to suit customers' preferences. Finally, for what Sideshow is asking for this figure, I think it should have been made of a light metal (or $100 cheaper).

Amazing Alex Premium
Amazing Alex Premium
Price: $0.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Work on Archos 43 Despite Amazon Saying It Would, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Amazing Alex Premium (App)
I can't rate the game itself because the app didn't work on my Archos 43 tablet. First, when each new story screen appeared, part of the screen before it still appeared at the top of the screen. Then when the game began after the story screens were done, the ball never moved no matter how many times I swiped my finger. Amazon shows this app as compatible with the Archos 43, but it's not.

Water Sentinel WSS-1 Replacement Fridge Filter
Water Sentinel WSS-1 Replacement Fridge Filter
Offered by CLEAN AIR SUPPLY
Price: $19.91
18 used & new from $15.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great & Great Price!, November 13, 2013
The filter works well and is much cheaper than Samsung's filter. The last one I bought lasted a year. I have no complaints.

V for Vampire
V for Vampire
Price: $1.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Play Smoohtly on the Archos 43, November 13, 2013
This review is from: V for Vampire (App)
I liked everything about this game, but it doesn't play smoothly on the Archos 43 tablet despite Amazon saying it's compatible. The game plays fine until you fire at objects. Suddenly the animations freeze and sputter along until the object is hit, then it plays fine again. Makes it unbearable to play.

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Work on Archos 43 Despite Amazon Saying It Does, October 26, 2013
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
The app downloaded and installed on my Archos 43 tablet, but every time I open it the app fails to finish loading. I get a screen with a "King" logo and the word loading for a few seconds, then the app quits altogether.

London Hospital Season 2 [HD]
London Hospital Season 2 [HD]
DVD
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 of "ER Meets Downton Abbey", July 13, 2013
Being a fan of both "ER" and "Downton Abbey," I found this show to be an enjoyable blend of those two series as it presented interesting medical cases and continuing stories about the staff's personal lives set in the London Hospital in the early 20th century. I liked Season 2 a bit more than Season 1 because it was more soapy in terms of the characters' relationships. This season explores addiction, forbidden training and secret relationships. The cases were interesting, and it was fascinating to learn what techniques and technologies were available to health care workers at that time. If you enjoyed Season 1, I'm sure you'll like the second season too. Unfortunately, it appears there isn't going to be a third season. As for the quality of the streaming through Amazon Prime, the video was good but not great. Dark scenes were grainy at times. The audio was clear but still disappointing because it was mono. Highly Recommended.

South Shore Vintage Collection Headboard Ebony, Full/Queen
South Shore Vintage Collection Headboard Ebony, Full/Queen

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Looking, Good Value, Easy to Build, July 8, 2013
The headboard went together easily. I built it on the living room carpet. Much to my surprise, I was able to affix it to the bedframe by myself even though it weighs over 50 lbs. With the headboard's legs resting on the ground, I noticed that the holes lined up perfectly with the middle slots on the ends of my queen-sized bedframe, so I didn't have to raise the headboard off the ground in order to attach it to the rails.

Although it came with the hardware to build the headboard, it didn't come with the necessary nuts and bolts to attach it to the bedframe. I had no idea what to buy, so I got some advice from a mattress salesman. He recommended I do a rubbing (with pencil and paper) of the holes in the bed and frame so I knew exactly which size bolts to buy. At Home Depot, I was overwhelmed by the selection of nuts and bolts, but a nice employee helped me find what I needed after I showed him the paper. My only mistake was I didn't write down how long the bolts needed to be to fit through the headboard and frame, and I ended up overestimating the length by A LOT. I bought 4" bolts, and I think I could have gone with much shorter ones. The 4" bolts still worked though (barely) because the corners of the mattress are round. (Any longer and I think the bolts would have prevented the mattress from sliding all the way up to the headboard.) The headboard measures 66 3/4" wide, 43 1/2" tall, 3 1/8" deep at the top and 7/8" deep at the legs.

Fortunately, the headboard had no dings of any kind, but it came with a black pen to fill in imperfections just in case. I first found this headboard on Target's web site, but I ended up buying at on Amazon because it was cheaper, shipping was free, there was no tax, and I applied a $25 Amazon gift card toward it. I used Amazon Prime 2-day shipping so I would know which day to take off from work so I could be home when it arrived, but ironically the item spent 3 days in transit instead of 2. I guess only time will tell how well it holds up, but for now I love it.

The Fledgling [HD]
The Fledgling [HD]
DVD
Price: $2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Similar to Downton Abbey, June 29, 2013
If you like "Downton Abbey," you'll probably like this show because it's another serialized costume drama set in the early 20th century. I prefer the characters and stories on "Downton," but this show is entertaining in its own right. Season 1 is very short (just 3 episodes). Season 2 is twice as long and by the end I was pumped for a third season as Britain was on the brink of WWII. Sadly, there won't be a Season 3. I never saw the original "Upstairs Downstairs," so I can't compare this to that one. It wasn't until I was finished watching Season 2 that I learned two of the actors from the original series were a part of this updated version. (I'm not sure if this series is a reboot or a continuation of the original series, but either way it was enjoyable.) The video quality was good but not great (it was a bit grainy at times), and the audio was clear but disappointing because it was mono. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6