Profile for therealcheesecake > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 32

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

therealcheesecake RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation
Nest Learning Thermostat, 2nd Generation
Price: $249.00
58 used & new from $196.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Paid for itself in a couple months., December 10, 2014
I have a pretty large facility for my business, which can get quite warm when there are a lot of people inside during the summer. The nest starts cooling early in the morning at off-peak hours, and keeps the place at a good temperature throughout the day. The app is an added bonus, as it lets you control it from anywhere, and the user interface is extraordinary.

I installed it myself - Nest has completely thought through this part, and I am confident that anyone can do it. Everything is super clear and straightforward, and they obviously have excellent designers for illustrating each step of the process.

The best part is the savings - because of our local utility company's policy of raising rates at peak hours, it gets quite expensive to cool an 1800 square foot facility with 12 foot ceilings for 10 hours a day. Compared to the same eight month period last year, our total electricity spending was $800 dollars less. Not bad for a $250 initial investment.

Optoma GT760 720p 3400 Lumen Full 3D DLP Gaming Projector with HDMI ready for PS4 and Xbox One
Price: $536.99
53 used & new from $456.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind-blowing how close you can keep the projector to a 120" screen., December 10, 2014
It blows my mind how this projector is able to create such a wide image from only a couple feet away. We use it at our education facility on a 120 inch screen, and it delivers a beautiful and bright picture with excellent contrast. We're about to get a ceiling mount for it, so we can reclaim the space normally used as a projector table.

Tryten Technologies Mac Mini Security Mount
Tryten Technologies Mac Mini Security Mount
Offered by Fusion Imports
Price: $68.42
2 used & new from $68.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Provides the ultimate peace of mind against damage and theft., December 10, 2014
The Mac Mini is a powerful machine now, and this mount lets you strap it out of sight, and lock it in place. You can attach it to the bottom of a table, or directly to a wall - it's now super easy to keep your computer away from thieves and carelessly spilled coffee.

HDE Sleek Ergonomic Curved Wireless 2.4 GHz Optical Slim Mouse with DPI Switch (Black)
Offered by Riza Ramos
Price: $7.99
2 used & new from $5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as expected, but won't survive a fall, December 10, 2014
We use these at a facility where there are a lot of kids. While it was awesome to have wireless mice on the table, these will break after they fall off the table a couple times. The reason I still gave these four stars is because you get what you pay for, and when the mouse works it functions well.

Hex LCD Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty & Fully Adjustable 6 Screens upto 24" by VIVO (STAND-V006)
Offered by V I V O
Price: $92.99
2 used & new from $84.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential ingredient for the ultimate coding setup, December 10, 2014
I've bought many of these stands for my business from Hex, in 2-monitor, 3-monitor, and now this 6-monitor setup. Very reliable and sturdy construction, and tons of extra parts you may need to mount and position the monitors.

SOL REPUBLIC 1430-02 Tracks Air Wireless On-Ear Headphones with A2 Sound Engine, Ice White
Offered by Anything_4U_Anytime
Price: $128.50
38 used & new from $94.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely worth it., December 10, 2014
These are hands-down the best headphones I have ever owned. I have dealt with the fragility of Beats and the short lifespan of earbud headphones, and after putting these on it is immediately apparent how these headphones are far superior.
- There isn't a lot of inward pressure on your ears, so I can keep them on all day in the office without any discomfort.
- They stay firmly on my head while I run, even while sprinting.
- They can pair to two devices, so I can transition from my computer to my phone music seamlessly. When you combine this feature with Spotify, you can leave the headphones on and enjoy an uninterrupted stream of music, because Spotify pushes the current song and track position to all of your devices.
- The pairing happens immediately, every time. It is so annoying having to mess with bluetooth settings whenever you want to use a device, so it's nice to know that as soon as I turn these on my phone is connected to them.
- About 8 hours of rich music and around 9 - 10 hours of instrumental/classical on a single charge. This is at relatively higher volumes, so I could see this extending further.
- You can use them in wired mode indefinitely.
- They are half the price of other wireless headphones with similar features.
- They are beautiful - every part of them feels sturdy and well made.

I really tried to find some aspect of these that I didn't like, if I ever think of one I will update this review.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars favorite pair of jeans, July 16, 2013
These jeans are the most comfortable jeans I have ever worn, and became my favorite pair of jeans from the first day I put them on. The elasticity of the waist band eliminates the need for a belt, and the interior feels incredibly soft. Excellent quality for the price!

Raxxess RAX Unitray Universal Rack Tray UNS1
Raxxess RAX Unitray Universal Rack Tray UNS1
Price: $28.16
35 used & new from $23.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable and well-built tray, May 23, 2013
The tray is durable, well-made (ideal for ventilating my cluster of Mac Minis) and fits perfectly into any rack enclosure. I bought it after buying a significantly cheaper rack tray from an office surplus supply store, and suffering through odd measurements and poor design of the other tray. Finally decided I would go pro and get this tray - it was a great decision!

SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
SE MZ101B Helping Hand with Magnifying Glass
Offered by Think Fast
Price: $5.79
32 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for electronics hobbyists, May 23, 2013
This is the perfect (and I believe, standard) tool for holding PCB boards. It's a wonderfully crafted tool, the only problem is that the joints can get loose unless you keep them really tight using pliers.

Built Laptop Backpack Medium (Wood Grain Black)
Built Laptop Backpack Medium (Wood Grain Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A seriously cool backpack if you only have a computer, May 12, 2013
I bought this backpack when it was going for a fourth of the current price on Amazon (back when it was one of those products you stumble upon from a random Amazon quest during a particularly boring lecture). At the time, I was amazed that such a cool backpack was going for twenty bucks, so I bought it and switched over. Since I'm a CS major, all I ever need to take with me is a laptop, and this backpack served that purpose wonderfully. It's also really good for upping your street rep, which is especially important when you're majoring in a subject like computer science.

I would not recommend it for anyone who has books or anything big to carry - it is very tough to expand, and my 15" macbook pro is the tallest laptop that can fit into it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4