Profile for JDW > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 30

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

JDW RSS Feed (San Antonio, TX)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
3 Pack For LG Eclypse C800G LCD Mirror Screen Protector Guard - Perfect Fit
3 Pack For LG Eclypse C800G LCD Mirror Screen Protector Guard - Perfect Fit
Offered by MyFavCell
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Size, September 2, 2014
The screen protector guards that arrived were not the right size for the C800G.

The Fountainhead
The Fountainhead
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Book, June 26, 2014
This review is from: The Fountainhead (Kindle Edition)
Rand's The Fountainhead is one of the best books I've read. Ever. Classic and sassy, I was carried through the book on a river of words and images from start to finish. I loved the book!

Old Salt: Tales from: Childhood, A Kings Point Cadet,  A Fascinating Naval Career
Old Salt: Tales from: Childhood, A Kings Point Cadet, A Fascinating Naval Career
by Mary Clarity
Price: $17.99
22 used & new from $14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book About "Iron Mike" Clarity, February 17, 2014
When I arrived for duty on USS COCHRANE (DDG 21), CAPT Clarity was the commanding officer. I was 18 years old, and COCHRANE was my first assignment after boot camp and administrative training. The crew loved him and performed for him and in return he took great care of the crew and his ship.

Until I read this book, I knew very little about one of the very best officers I worked for during my 21 years in the Navy. But throughout the book I learned his management and leadership skills, how he thought and why, and at the same time I was able to visualize the same things he saw and feel the same things he felt all because of his excellent story-telling and his wife, Mary Clarity's superb writing.

Great book about a great naval career of a truly great Navy officer!

Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Duranimals DuraScoop Cat Litter Scoop (colors may vary)
Offered by Oliver's Pet Care
Price: $12.99
7 used & new from $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Pooper Scooper, February 17, 2014
No idea why we are so excited about this product. Perhaps because it is a product that doesn't cost an arm and a leg yet it is high quality and it works as advertised -- a rare occurrence these days.

Instead of just a few months, this scoop will last years. High quality, good design and reasonable cost. Huummm -- it must be made in the USA.

Hotel Fine Linens Mercerized King Cotton Blanket, White
Hotel Fine Linens Mercerized King Cotton Blanket, White
Price: $67.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissatisfied, March 22, 2013
We ordered two of the king size white blankets. The arrived today (very quick arrival from the time we ordered the product; thank you Amazon!). However, one of them was in three sections as described in another comment about this product, and the other one is one solid, seamless piece of fabric.

I washed both of them. The sectioned one is already coming apart at the seams.

The other one seems perfectly fine.

I will return the faulty one to Amazon with the expectation of a refund.

I am wondering why American made products are so much better than foreign made products, yet, we continue to put up with this? I wish Amazon would create an "American Made Only" shopping section.

=============

Ok... After living with the one quilt that we kept for about 10 days now, I have the following comments about it:

(1) Although this is an advertised "King Size", in reality, it would make for a suitable full size quilt. We moved this quilt from our king to a queen in one of the guestrooms. Even on a queen bed, it is basically unsatisfactory in size. Put it on the bed so that it fits head to foot, the sides are way, way too narrow. Change it so that the sides are satisfactory, then it is way, way too short head to foot.

(2) Even though this one, the one we kept from the two ordered has no sewn sections, it is starting to "string" at the corners. And this after being washed and dried only two times.

This product was made in India. Either the American company that orders this product from India is inept, dishonest and only interested in a quick profit, or, the manufacturer in India is inept or dishonest, or just plain stupid.

I've lowered my rating of this item from three stars to one star, and I wish there was a ranking for negative stars.

Two truths come to mind regarding this experience: If something seems too good to be true, then beware because it just ain't going to be good; and, you get what you pay for. I paid less than $50 for this item when a good quality item of the same description would have cost $160 or more, and I ended up with junk.

Amazon is just the middle-man in all this. I do not blame Amazon at all for any of this.

Antec One Computer Case
Antec One Computer Case
Price: $46.08
82 used & new from $36.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Case, March 21, 2013
For a case with two good quality fans (I added a third), this is a great case. Did my own build and I'm very happy with this case. Five stars even tho it is a bit smallish inside, but I knew that before I bought it.

Samsung GT-E1205L Keystone 2 Dual Band GSM Phone with FM Rad
Samsung GT-E1205L Keystone 2 Dual Band GSM Phone with FM Rad
Offered by One Time Cell
Price: $20.51
10 used & new from $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's A Phone!, March 21, 2013
My wife and I love this phone! It has no camera. No internet. It is a dumb phone (as opposed to a "smart" phone). We needed a phone to use when we are away from home, and this is a good little phone. No BS about it. Keeps a charge for a very long time. Good sound.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2013 10:20 AM PDT

EAGLE Men's 100% Cotton Pinpoint Pointed Collar Non Iron Long Sleeve Dress Shirt,White,17.5 36/37
Price: $30.90
2 used & new from $30.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, February 6, 2013
I used to buy white dress shirts from another well known mail order store, but through the years their products have shown increasingly lesser and lesser quality while the prices went up. This shirt put a smile on my face because of its reasonable price and good quality.

Vauen Starter Kit
Vauen Starter Kit
Offered by CT Power Tools
Price: $99.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, February 6, 2013
This review is from: Vauen Starter Kit
Products arrived as described and shown in the photo. The pipe is not a low quality product. Great value with this purchase.

Bunn A10 Pour-O-Matic Coffee Brewer
Bunn A10 Pour-O-Matic Coffee Brewer
Offered by Paper Clips
Price: $256.87
20 used & new from $227.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Good Coffee Machine, January 4, 2013
We've only had this A10 for a couple months, but when I unpacked it from the box, I knew this one ought to last for several years. I will update this review in 10 years, or when it breaks, whichever comes first.

It is slightly bigger than Bunn's home grade coffee makers, but it is much heavier. It's much stronger, is built with much more metal (including stainless steel) both inside and outside, but is no more difficult to clean than home grade coffee makers.

We were able to get a fairly good deal for this A10 on Amazon's site. But after buying two previous Bunn (home grade) coffee machines in the last 28 months, I was both mad and determined to find a Bunn that should last 10 years (like our first Bunn did, that we purchased in 1980).

In order to keep this bad boy's plumbing clean, I use Urnex Dezcal Activated Scale Remover (also found on Amazon, of course) once a month. It's a small price to pay to keep this coffee machine performing as it should.

And oh yes... This Bunn A10 coffee machine produces an excellent pot of coffee, and does so very quickly. It is, after all, a restaurant grade coffee machine, albeit the entry level.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2013 9:09 PM PST